How does the penance stare work?

How does the penance stare work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8jbX1o9yyBY
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

However GR's current writer decides it works. That's the problem with mystic characters, the mechanics of their abilities, powers and worlds are so fluid.

Pretty well most of the time

Depends on how long a character has been in comics. If it does work on the long runners, they'll be back later.

according to moon knight, punisher has some kind of supernatural sponsorship (death), so he will be immune to all that shit

Not like that.

USED to be that it made anyone Ghostrider used it on feel the pain, fear, and other emotions of their victims.
NOW it's like said. However the writer wants it to work. Which is stupid.

I love when the punisher MANs his way through super powered guys... specially when its spiderman

Exctly like that: the way the writter wants it to.

It's like a really angry, disappointed, version of the care bear stare.

Remember when Punisher had angelic guns from heaven?

Thats total horse shit.

I wish I didn't.

okay, how often does death interact with mortals in this universe? It seems a little bit strange forming alliances and becoming acquaintances, shouldn't death be impartial?

Inconsistantly

It doesn't, really. Not when it matters.

It's supposed to inflict all the pain you ever inflicted on others. But some writers sometimes link it to guilt to make their character look EDGY and COOL. Ghost Rider fights demons with the penance stare. Why the everloving fuck would demons feel guilty. Just doesn't make sense.

He has Angel guns, those to kill anybody.

I?m fine with thisd and I kinda hate Frank.

Is Frank a SMT character now?

Death is impartial 99.9% of the time. It's just their job is boring so they like to make deals and influence things ever so slightly to make things interesting.

It's been noted multiple times that if the Punisher ever got out of hand and went on a fucking genocide or something, Death would come down on his ass like a ton of bricks.

youtube.com/watch?v=8jbX1o9yyBY

so if the ghost rider used his penance stare against any villain (like red skull or green goblin, etc.) who do not have regrets about the people they killed it will not work?

It's not Death. It's the Hell-Lord and fallen angel Olivier. Frank also still has God on his side, as shown earlier in that run of Thunderbolts when the angel feather healed him.

>Frank Castle does not regret having taken his family to the picnic.

>He always wanted to be the Puhiser

>God literally condones the Punisher's actions
>The guy we're told that forgives anything supports going out and gunning criminals down
This is actually retarded.

Inconsistently. If it's meant to punish evil people, why would it work based on guilt? Some people are without remorse when they do horrible things.

It's more a "Thanks for helping my angels take care of some demons that one time, I owe you one," kinda thing.

>The guy we're told that forgives anything supports going out and gunning criminals down
Read the Old Testament, son. God does not fuck around and he doesn't forgive jack fucking shit.

>be daniel way
>have two shots with ghost rider
>make in both times the penance stare disfunctional

Now he has Thor and Hulk-killer guns

That's not the most popular interpretation right now, so it's up to the writer to specify we're talking about an Old Testament kind of God.

>i'm okay with inconsistency

Punisher is immune to the Penance Stare because he's an ordained Angel of Death. It's even referenced earlier in this run during the arc where they go to hell. Frank is just assuming "I regret nothing" is the reason why it didn't work, or alternatively, is just doing his best to Frank-quip his way through.