mega.nz/#!R1ACVSJY!B41KxKeRsZpiMznZ34ERN27kPQ553nSnlozo9QbWDw0
mega.nz/#!MtJxhCiZ!zuGQNpAYJCT5YCchZ-gWnbU5RgHDY_L8NV-Kr_yG9JA
mega.nz/#!Y4oTlajY!h-IFTLgYwQ6h47Yj8MDn9PFwOuidbvfXxoAUOmZSbho
mega.nz/#!5lp0SZaC!Yz3fD0FwGi1xVpWgxvM2u59LrzEbL6hiMBuC8GHHkoM
mega.nz/#!cs5g3Bob!VrxDySXUmh2Hp8afivYRjeZyGcnwqkBborJq0iAfklY
mega.nz/#!s0ADgTJa!GhcUNCeA6cv8wKMvg3QCelaRKinYDg9_96GA-yDP3hs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kullervo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, but he still deserved something pretty fucking awful.

No, no he didn't. But yeah, he kinda was a bastard. ...modern Elric awesomeness when?

Give me a Witcher 3 quality game focused on Elric. Yes.

Can one deserve their fate?

>sword isn't black
fucking dropped

>Can one deserve their fate?
Do you really want to know?

I mean holy shit, Elric is a fucking asshole at times but that ending.

Dear god.

How much less awful than THAT could it have been?
Less Witcher 3 more New Vegas pls.

We need a drawfag to fix this asap.

His entire race are abhorrent monsters so yeah, i'd say he did.

What was his fate?

Elric is based on our national mythical hero, who commits genocide, incest and eventually ends up killing himself.

You're Finish?
Killing everyone he ever cared about by circumstances both within and beyond his control.
Destroying his entire world.
And then...this

Finnish*

He is from books, comic adaptations are secondary.

Yes

Figured. You're referring to the Kalevala right?

And that is Elric's fate.

Stop spamming your shitty edgy ripoff

I suddenly wonder if it's a coincidence that Devil Arms, chiefly Alasator and Sparda, are demons forged into a hibernative state as weapons or if there was inspiration from this or something along that line.
I suppose a cursed or demonic weapon is not terribly uncommon, but still the fact Dante is specifically impaled by Alastor suggests to me some kind of connection.
If they looked into Dante's Inferno for influence there's likelihood they drew from other sources

>What is the meaning of it all? That i have never fully understood.
>WHO CAN?

You asshole.
>I have lost wife and world - and i do not know why.
>I'm sorry
>Shall i see you again?
>No. For we are both truly dead.
>Our age has gone

What the fuck man?

>or if there was inspiration from this or something along that line.
It's very likely that they're familiar with this. Elric is very well known in Japan. Or at least by the old geezers who were into that stuff like Anno and company.
Daicon IV has Stormbringer have the most time on screen aside from the bunny girl.
youtube.com/watch?v=-840keiiFDE

Nice Bait. Elric came before everyone else.

>.modern Elric awesomeness when?
Be careful there. In 2017, do you really want Elric to be mishandled? The results can be...unpredictable.

Except he is, by Moorcock's own admission, a rip-off of the elves from Three Hearts and Three Lions.

Jeez, sword, did you really needed to do that? I think he was pretty down as he was

True enough, true enough. Look at what happened to the whole Mars stuff. Poor bastard.

>by Moorcock's own admission, a rip-off of the elves from Three Hearts and Three Lions.
Nooooppee. By Moorcock's own admission, Elric is less that and more Count Zenith by way of Poul Anderson and designed to be an Anti-Conan....for only one short story where he sacks his own city. The rest came after he was commissioned to make more.

This is Stormbringer.
Why is she so perfect?

elaborate?

Few weapons in the history of fiction are as terrifying as the Stormbringer.

After a lifetime of fuckups, it turns out that his world is doomed to die and he has to be the one to pull the plug in order for the next one to be born.
Everyone dies. That universe is wiped from existence and then this happens. So you tell me.

Omoshiroi. The lore thiccens.

So where and when did you first find out about Elric?

Evil is doing it a disservice. It's heroin: The Sword.

Hard to say. He was a pawn of fate so only it knows.

Nah, I bet a 9mm is more terrifying.

>black blade
>isnt black

Wtf

>>black blade
>>isnt black
Drawfag needs to fix this asap.
No, i'm pretty sure a sentient, malevolent nigh invincible Chaotic deity with the power to EAT YOUR SOUL is better than just a 9mm.

Nah, the 9mm is real. Boom you are dead!

I believe it was here, during a storytime a year or two back. I lost track near the end of "Soldiers on the Sea of Fate", but I try to catch the rest whenever I see it storytimed on here or /tg/

>New Vegas
What the fuck?

What's the appeal of this shit? It's just edgy bullshit for the sake of edgy bullshit. It's no different from Crossed.

I mean where the world feels more lived in than Witcher 3 which is just a whole lot of nothing.
>It's no different from Crossed.
It's "edgy" in the same way that Berserk is "edgy".
It's also fun

Seriously. Comparing this to the gorefest that is Crossed is doing it a disservice.

go back to your su thread

Crossed is fun

>It's just edgy bullshit
It's beautifuland edgy.

Awww, is the edgy teen mad his safe space got invaded?

>He still thinks Elric is edgy.

He's just a nerd that gets his shit kicked in too many times to count.

Oh poor little fellow! I bet the soul he just feed his blade is super sad about him!

Fuck the random cannon fodder, they knew what they were going up against.

No. It's everyone that he cared for and directly or indirectly caused their deaths.

Cymoril? His one true love? Thrown by her brother on the end of his sword and her soul devoured by it.
His best friends? Dead.
His wife? Take a look.

Is there a bagina?
Can't fuq w/o bagina.

There's no fucking after this.
But penetration?

There's a bit of that.

>Cymoril? His one true love? Thrown by her brother on the end of his sword and her soul devoured by it.
>His best friends? Dead.
>His wife? Take a look.

And you say it's not edgy? Haha, Crossed tier.

No, that's Prince Arthas.

youtube.com/watch?v=uJbtH-VtTHg

I want Stormbringer to nibble me.....

Where can I download these comics.
High Fantasy stuff is my weakness.

Jim Cawthorn i believe

Rejoice. I BRING THE GIFT OF MEGA

mega.nz/#!R1ACVSJY!B41KxKeRsZpiMznZ34ERN27kPQ553nSnlozo9QbWDw0

mega.nz/#!MtJxhCiZ!zuGQNpAYJCT5YCchZ-gWnbU5RgHDY_L8NV-Kr_yG9JA

mega.nz/#!Y4oTlajY!h-IFTLgYwQ6h47Yj8MDn9PFwOuidbvfXxoAUOmZSbho

Books here

mega.nz/#!5lp0SZaC!Yz3fD0FwGi1xVpWgxvM2u59LrzEbL6hiMBuC8GHHkoM

Corum and Hawkmoon as well.

mega.nz/#!cs5g3Bob!VrxDySXUmh2Hp8afivYRjeZyGcnwqkBborJq0iAfklY

mega.nz/#!s0ADgTJa!GhcUNCeA6cv8wKMvg3QCelaRKinYDg9_96GA-yDP3hs

Someone gonna have to elaborate; So the world is ending, and he is forced to kill his best friend to restore cosmic balance? And then his sword eats his soul and condemns him to eternal torment, then goes to fuck up the cosmic balance anyway?

>So the world is ending
World has already ended but it's a blank slate since it was formed after the final battle between the forces of Law and Chaos(those two groups are out of that plane of existence) There's just static existence. Horn has to be blown one last time to summon the Balance and kickstart this universe proper.
>he is forced to kill his best friend to restore cosmic balance?
Horn takes away your vitality and he's the only one that's allowed to use it. Moonglum offers his soul since Stormbringer gives off vitality with each kill.
>And then his sword eats his soul and condemns him to eternal torment,
Yes and no. His soul is very unique. He's an aspect of a being called the Eternal Champion. Someone that exists in multiple facets on each layer of reality that makes sure everything runs correctly and Law and Chaos don't fuck things over.
Stormbringer however, does eat a part of his soul and keeps it locked away forever. Forever in constant torment.
>then goes to fuck up the cosmic balance anyway?
Yep. Life sucks. And then there's the rest of the multiverse to consider that sort of continues the story. But this is where Elric's story ends for the most part.

danke, here is poster as payment.

Danke. Here's Elric art.

Saved

that's pretty bad.

But on the other hand, isnt he from a race that casually eats children and uses people as living braziers?

Yes but he's different. He was born an albino(or specifically, a silverskin since that what albinism is for Melniboneans) and emotionally shunned by his father and society as a whole.

Forced to live on drugs, he took up reading in the Melnibonean libraries and actually had an interest in human morality.
His empire was on the decline with his entire race either devoting itself to decadence or just wasting their time literally, dreaming of other lives on magical dream couches.
He wanted to be a better person but he makes bad decisions. Alot of them.

This isn't to say he doesn't have a sadistic streak in him.
Fortress of the Pearl has a great example of how ruthless he could be.

After retrieving a mystical pearl, he goes back to the murdering jackass that sent him on that suicide mission and after he gets double crossed on payment, he gives the fat fuck a choice.
Either die on the point of Stormbringer. Or swallow the Pearl itself and see if he can do it. This pearl is about the size of a large fist.
Needless to say, the jackass chokes and dies.

After that, Elric goes to the council and demands as payment the entire city. Not the people or anything living, but the city itself. This council had been previously established as a bunch of mudsliming backstabbers and murderers. They refuse and then try to have Elric killed. And then Elric unsheathes Stormbringer and goes on a rampage, killing the council and the entire city guard that comes after him and personally razes the city to the ground after everyone else evacuated.

He then drops the Pearl in a gutter and leaves satisfied in knowing these pricks are all dead and the city has fallen.

>After retrieving a mystical pearl, he goes back to the murdering jackass that sent him on that suicide mission and after he gets double crossed on payment, he gives the fat fuck a choice.
>Either die on the point of Stormbringer. Or swallow the Pearl itself and see if he can do it. This pearl is about the size of a large fist.
>Needless to say, the jackass chokes and dies.
Nice.
>After that, Elric goes to the council and demands as payment the entire city.
>This council had been previously established as a bunch of mudsliming backstabbers and murderers. They refuse and then try to have Elric killed. And then Elric unsheathes Stormbringer and goes on a rampage, killing the council and the entire city guard that comes after him and personally razes the city to the ground after everyone else evacuated.
>He then drops the Pearl in a gutter and leaves satisfied in knowing these pricks are all dead and the city has fallen.
Double nice.

It is nice.
This series is pure awesome and just untapped potential for a video game. We got comics a plenty. Volume 3 of that french adaptation is out in September.

Thank you, user!

'Cept it's not. Moorcock gave him a more fitting ending in Quest for Tanelorn, which takes place after this.

>Moorcock gave him a more fitting ending in Quest for Tanelorn,
No he didn't. Quest is an end for Hawkmoon and Erekose and for the Eternal Champions as a whole. But it isn't even that because of the War.
Elric has three other endings that continue off after Stormbringer related to him directly
One is in Duke Elric. One is in War Amongst the Angels and the last one is n't really an ending but it works as one in Son of the Wolf.

I would say that the Poul Anderson influence is a little deeper than that...

Moorcock developed his own take on the cosmic struggle of Order vs Chaos from Three Hearts and Three Lions.

In character, the Melniboneans are based on the elves from Three Hearts and Three Lions as well as The Broken Sword (particularly the latter - Anderson's Elves were more eldritch than Tolkien's while remaining grounded in human excesses and lusts for power and control over their fellow beings).

Scafloc, while human, is clearly a prototypical character for Elric; a haggard man with a tortured soul who is burdened by a tragic romance, who is also a powerful sorcerer who wields a demonic black blade possessed of its own malevolent will.

I don't begrudge Moorcock these at all, especially since he has openly acknowledged Anderson's influence. However, he can be a litigious cunt when he notices much smaller similarities between his work and the work of others.

NP

The point being that the "ending" mentioned above is anything but.

to be used by stormbringer aka satan to fucking end his world and create the shit hole that is this one?

nah. that's why he got better in micheal moorcocks multiverse and finally got control of his destiny

>a haggard man with a tortured soul who is burdened by a tragic romance, who is also a powerful sorcerer who wields a demonic black blade possessed of its own malevolent will.
That one is a bit older since it came from Finnish folklore
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kullervo

No fucking shit, but Moorcock claimed Anderson as his primary influence, who himself got it from Kullervo.

A THOUSAND