Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Rorschach. WW3 never happened in our world, I doubt it would have escalated in theirs. Hell, Ozymandias' actions almost caused a war, what with making Manhattan exile himself and all.

Manhattan. Pretty much everyone except Rorschach gave up on being a hero in exchange for living in general comfort. He was the only one willing to accept what Ozymandias had turned into and take proper action.

Both. That was the point.

>Omnipotent Cosmic Power being is a little autistic bitch, forgets everything he ever was as a human and follows a purple faggot because "I'm sad"
>Angry screaming manlet shouting about "MUH values" can't compromise even a little and chooses cowardly suicide instead of actually standing up for those retarded values.

I meant Rorschach was right.

When you have to kill someone else to uphold your ideals you're already wrong

Well he was trying to get back to the Owl Ship to warn the general populous. He just realized that Manhattan would never let him tell the truth so he accepted his death over living a lie.
Besides, he sent the New Frontiersman his journal remember?

Are you dumb? Hr died BECAUSE he stood up for his retarded values until the end. He defied a god. It's pretty based.

Manhattan, and I still don't understand why he did what he did. At that point in the story Manhattan stopped giving a shit about humanity, so why bother intervening on Ozymandias' behalf?

Nothing ever ends, Adrian

/thread

Would you do the same as rorschach just to see the world burn?

>Fedora

I'd kill him too

It's a pulp hero thing. Better than waving a blue dick in everyone's face.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.

Rorschach is the one and true hero. He's the only one to stand for justice. Right and wrong. No doing evil, ever. Thus he's morally right. He also gets the last laugh. In the movie, tensions between the US and USSR were so unbelievably high that the only thing Ozzy achieved was delay nuclear holocaust by some couple years at best. Besides, that neckbeard journalist found Rorschach's diary, so there would be nuclear war either way. If I am correct, Manhattan killed Rorschach not because he would reveal the truth, but because Doc was pissed that Rorschach won and/or didn't care about humanity anymore any way. Also assuming I am right, Doc could even have killed Rorschach just so it seems to Laurie he was going to preserve peace, when he didn't even care anymore, just didn't want any more trouble. Hence he said "I'll leave this galaxy for a less complicated one".

couldn't he just i dunno
destroy the human race and then create new life?

Everyone is wrong in Watchmen. Just for different reasons.

Dr. M was wrong in letting a lie that slaughtered millions go.
But why didn't R just lie about his intentions? All he had to do was go along with it for a few hours and he'd be back in civilization where it would be much much harder to stop him from telling everybody.

But then, he'd have to go back to prison and face even more jail time for all the peeps he killed there.

Rorschach. Futa is not gay.

Also
>Who was in the wrong here?
If you're going to judge Rorschach with Rorschach-like thinking, you should have already known the answer, OP.

>But why didn't R just lie about his intentions?
Because M can see the future. And R knows that. So there's no point lying to him.

Rorschach was just being rude for the sake of it, just let a man enjoy his dick girls.

Ozy and Manhattan. First of all, Ozy's plan does not even begin to heal the rift between the US and Russia. All it did was put them back a decade in mutual antagonism. In 5 to 10 years some president or ambassador or senator will say or do something that pisses Russia off, probably in response to Russia saying or doing something that pisses the US off and we'll be right back to the doomsday clock counting down.

Neither the comic nor the movie adequately gave a reason why this one patched on solution to decades of mutually antagonistic behavior will keep both sides from falling right back into their bullshit ways.

But at least the movie gave a good reason why Manhattan had to leave. It neatly tied up the story better and made Manhattan into a tragic figure who had to go into exile to maintain the tenuous peace they got, rather than making him seem like some angsty teen or misanthropic hermit who just got fed up with it all.
The movie had a better ending, but the comics had much better characterization and interaction.

Manhattan is a FAGGOT who LIKES MEN!

The author. He forgot that ultimately: humanity is basically Owl Man, young, kinda idealistic, kinda stupid, and kinda blinded by the shit around him, but ultimately interested in surviving and not killing their fellow man.

Ozymandias of course more so in the movie than the comic
Manhattan only did what he knew was right for the future while Rorschach could never falter in his values even if it meant the truth would ruin the potential peace that would happen

Both were wrong.
You can't force people to change, not in a way that will stick. It has to come from the inside.
But the people in the Watchmen universe were much closer to nuclear war than in real world, and if something wasn't done, Armageddon would ensue.

Rorschach ozzy retarded peace plan wouldn't have worked it was built on lies and the death of millions at least he got one last fuck you to his empire after he died

What sort of alternate dimension are you living in?

By your logic, every man that's ever been up against a firing squad committed suicide.

I think futa is fine.

He can only see his OWN future.

Ozy's plan requires millions to die each time the world became destabilized.

Ozy would have to nuke major cities over and over and over, just to keep the world focused on their fear and hate of Dr. M.

There were several near misses in our world.

So... that's a load of crap.

Or should we just have had some reasoned discussion with the Axis powers and never went to war?

The one with the extremist set of morals that can't perceive that the world actually needs someone who can compromise on what's better for the whole species in any given situation

>"Killing an entire city is wrong"
>Extremist set of morals

Zack Snyder, for filming that piece of shit.

Both.

Rorschach for ending up so broken in the first place that he couldn't see this coming; he became so obsessed with the idea of a villain taking out heroes he completely neglected other more likely solutions.

Mainly Manhattan though. Manhattan knows in both the comics and the movie that the peace won't last, and all this is is a delay. We don't even know what kind of effect Rorschach would have had by telling the truth, since his journal explained it anyway, and he would've known that since the future didn't change when he splatted a broken man that something was up.

>WW3 never happened in our world
>Literally just watched a political debate where Corbyn got grilled for refusing to use nuke first, and only in retaliation for half the debate
>Emphasis on first

Let's be honest, it's been too long since a country was destroyed by a war (that wasn't in the middle east), and everyone's itching to use some kind of weapon that breaks the Geneva convention.

Give it time.

>Give it time.
It won't happen any time soon. MAD is still a thing, even the US is at least some two decades from being able to apply an effective first strike, and that's not considering the developments of other nations.

>he would've known that

It was my understanding that current Dr. Manhattan can only know what his future self is perceiving.

He's on Mars creating life in the future and future he has no mean nor interest in future Earth, meaning that when he kills him he doesn't know about the journal's effect (if any).

His last comment to Ozymandias seems to simply reflect his new outlook on life rather than him knowing the future.

Doesn't mean he's wrong, though. Ozy plan is optimistic, in our world we have terrorism and yet we aren't uniting with Russia. Hell we aren't even able to unite Europe against it.