I seriously do not see how this show gets all the praise it gets

I seriously do not see how this show gets all the praise it gets

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hhU47qhpGrE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Martian waifu

Been meaning to make a thread about it but here's my take. Sup Forums lead me to believe it sucked. You're saying it gets praised.

I think what it is the FIRST season was good and the SECOND season was shit. What made the first season good was how they used a lot of DC material and story lines accurately. But the second season just started making up stuff and spent way too much time focusing on the Reach, rather than cycling out threats/villains like the first season.

>I think what it is the FIRST season was good
You thought wrong, it also sucked largely because the characters were awful.

attractive teenage boys and girls all oozing UST around each other

>writers start making stuff up
Unthinkable.

If you dont like shipping, you wonr like it. This show was a vessel for shippers to ship.

>Sup Forums says this show is bad
>it's pretty good
>Sup Forums insists that Green Lantern: TAS is good
>It's shit
>Sup Forums isn't even consistently wrong because it approves of gems like the Venture Bros and Ed, Edd & Eddy and dislikes shitty shows that are shit like Problem Solverz

this board is shit desu

Yeah I didn't like the second season much. A stupid convoluted storyline about a secret invasion. It's hell to watch on a weekly basis because you forget what stupid twist happened last week.

Don't blame your shit taste on the board.

Its markets is basically

Homosexuals
Tumblr shippers
tween horny girls

and girls who look like pic related

they are very active online posting Kamala and carol bullshit

My problem was you had all this shit happening trying to tie in the same thing but failed to do anything

>The reach
>double agent aqua lad and secret subplot shit
>TIME SKIP
>I seriously did not give a shit with what Speedy was doing
>actually what was speedy doing he had a baby or something I dont know
>Miss Martian shit

The miss martian shit turned me off of the show to be honest and besides Wally "dying" at the end of season 2 will mean nothing since season 3 will have him come right back due to speed force shenanigans

why are people so autistic about writers doing new things, that's the entire point of story-telling

it's like the only Batman media worth consuming at all to you people is ducking Batman #1

don't blame the board for your shit taste

GLTAS was better.

>GLTAS is shit
Your taste is what's shit

Why didn't anyone watch or enjoy it then?

my condolences to all the girls who look like Bill Nye

I hate whenever they try to bring back Static into DC his origin story was always meh

The original of him getting caught up in gang shit only for the bang baby gas to blow infecting everyone was a great origin.

what the fuck are you saying I thought Sup Forums liked it?

>since season 3 will have him come right back due to speed force shenanigans

You presume too much.

>But the second season just started making up stuff

What did he mean by this?

>the light
>want to better humanity
>the fucking joker is with them

????

Wait you don't just want to see the same shit over and over and over again?

>why are people so autistic about writers doing new things, that's the entire point of story-telling

Because they usually do new things in a way that get rid of what made the old thing they were adapting good. Example, Beast Boy in Young Justice has martian powers. Now that completely changes Beast Boy as a character, from someone with earthbound origins to just another alien-effected person like the other tons of characters.

Writers can do new things but they have to respect what came before them.

Yeah the Time Skip really fucked it all up. And I'm sick of Secret Alien Invansion plots in comics that have tons of aliens just running around already. It doesn't work. The Reach plot was like taking every single cliche and trope that's been done before and doing it in this show.

Sup Forums has incredibly low standards due to cartoons having almost no quality works being made. When you get one decent show every 1-2 years, the board sucks up anything as great.

Like Beast Boy being Martian-based.

The second season was literally the same shit over and over again.

THE REACH

THE RRREEEACCCCHHHH

THHHEE RRRREEEEEEAACCCHHHHHH

And it got boring.

>actually what was speedy doing he had a baby or something I dont know

Really what the fuck was he doing

He disintegrated in the middle of super speed just like how Barry disappeared in Crisis. He definitely ain't dead.

and the same shit has happened to Wally like 3 times in other comics/cartoons already too

Hes gonna come back becasue of his love for Artemis was that strong

>Best girl dies off screen in a bad video games

>Like Beast Boy being Martian-based.
What is his actual origin?

Daily reminder that season 2 of Young Justice is one of the best seasons of a superhero show ever, rivaled only by season 2 of JLU, and Sup Forums has absolutely zero taste.

Even when it was good it was honestly pretty boring. It just felt so lifeless at times I wished they just adapted the comic series directly.

I liked how in the Flash Point movie they had black aqua lad and Tula present killing people because of young justice was out.

>video game also covers some of the time skip

Did they have a single clean victory that didn't turn out to be part of a master plan?

For real?

youtube.com/watch?v=hhU47qhpGrE

If you're going to shit on the second season for having the exact same formula but replacing Reach with Light, I don't know what to tell you.

tell him he is a cuck

Actually it was still all about the light in the end

delusional fujoshis who are able to don't even notice obnoxious writing and only care about shipping

Coldhearted.

What's good about it?

>Remember last week on Young Justice when Aqualad was revealed to be a double agent, Artemis died but not really, and Speedy turned out to be a clone of the original Speedy?
>N-No not really....
>Too fucking bad! Here's an episode about Blue Beetle which will kick off yet another subplot!

It got Lost levels of retarded.

What was M'ganns fucking problem

this

Broadest and most detailed and accurate portrayal of the DCU this side of JLU, excellent characterization, some of the best western animated fight scenes ever, and the greatest plotting in a superhero show.

Whoa whoa slow down

in the Teen Titans Judas Contract movie, Kid Flash, Speedy and Bumblebee are voiced by their Young Justice actors

Only the first one is right

Why does Jaime destroy everything he's in? Same thing happened with Brave and the Bold. It got boring because they were using Guy and Jaimie and Oliver like every single episode.

Like writers can't resist over-playing Jaime. When he's in your show, it's about him now.

Well you're wrong because the first two go hand-in-hand and the latter two are just facts.

One was a little more in your face (TTTHHHEEEEE RRRRRREEEAAAACCCHHHHHHHHHHH) and repetitive and the other was subtle and in the background (The Light). Even thought it was about the same shit in the end.

Either way it turned me off on, lets call it "connecting too many dots" in a plot. If that makes any sense. We don't need every threat or villain to be connected. Things can act independently.

>accurate

No it wasn't. This was my biggest problem with the show, especially season 1. Almost all of the main characters' personalities were radically different from the comics and not for the positive. it's like they turned them all into the Ninja Turtles then added multiple Raphaels.

This is pretty true but I like shows and movies like this as well even though I'm a dude. I loved life is strange for example. I guess I just have shit taste

It had four generations of Flash family is the type of stuff I'm talking about with portraying an accurate representation of the DCU. And the core cast's personalities are far from radically different from the comics.

lots of cartoon writes were and still are super salty over New 52 erasing his fantastic debut book and were afraid it would ruin his chances of being a successful long-running character so they got over eager it trying to give him a career boost

>And the core cast's personalities are far from radically different from the comics.

This just tells me you're not that dedicated a reader, man.

Care to weigh in on that then? What the differences are?

This show is aggressively mediocre, it's fine but the writing is poor and the plot never feels coherent. The narrative is unsatisfactory

I'd like to remind everyone Sportsmaster was an actual threat in YJ

I never understood his connection

Making Beast Boy's powers Martian-derived was actually a good idea. It tied his character seamlessly into the show's preexisting framework, gave him a connection to one of the main cast members, and was a much better explanation of how he got his powers than anything from previous versions of the character. The only real downside is that Miss Martian kind of makes a shapeshifting-focused character redundant and underpowered. But that would be the case regardless of how he got his powers

Not that user but I've always found making Beast Boy Martian-powered suspicious
Particularly in light of Weisman's comments on the Speedforce.
That combined with the lack of Animal Man and Vixen on the Justice League

It all makes me wonder if Weisman doesn't like the Red either

That's the xanatos gambit for you.

>gets bit by super rare green poison monkey in Africa
>scientist parents devise serum to save his life
>side effect is green skin and animal shapeshifting because fuck you its comics

Probably because DC(tv) cartoons has been made for 7 year olds for a long while but Young Justice felt like it was made for 13 year olds.

How did this show manage to be less mature than Teen Titans? Wasn't it targeted at an older audience?

Was mind raping Kon into loving her

it didn't. Young Justice wasn't that good but Teen Titans was straight garbage

(You)

>super rare green poison monkey in Africa
he contracted a super rare disease and his dad cooed up an african green monkey serum because african green monkeys are one of the few species in the world known to be able to survive the disease
he has green skin because the artist failed to actually look up that african green monkeys do not in fact have lime colored fur covering their whole body

This is true. The anime tropes made me uncomfortable as fuck. Like hearing your dad rap.

>Teen Titans was straight garbage
This.

The Joker isnt with The Light, babe

Agreeing with yourself?

I actually liked Young Justice, but my main problem was that everything was part of the big secret plan of the Light, which always went according to keikaku, and that even when losing, they were still winning, and it was actually part of their plan that they lost.

At least, that's how it felt to me.

>I actually liked Young Justice,
You are a gigantic faggot

Not true. I'm of average height and weight.

You do realize anime is superior to cartoons for good reason, right?

no it isn't and even if it was, that doesn't make western-made knockoff anime superior to anything

Same. I love Weisman, but Young Justice is insanely overrated. It constantly brings up and drops storylines, the characters rotate too much, and I honestly don't like how most of the villains are handled. Also, the whole Light/Reah thing is dull to me.

>Batman
>Justice League
>made for 7 year olds

Don't forget that in YJ they went out of their way to make him shirtless practically every episode.

Even with Superboy in S1 it wasn't that bad.

Tying all the animal heroes and villains to the Red and Green only really occurred in full force after the N52.

And what they tried to do with Beast Boy was absolutely retardedz

It is, and it does. All the best cartoons are anime-inspired. Pic related.

The Batman was anime inspired?

the Batman was shit, Teen Titans was shit, Ninja Turtles and Avatar are ok I guess

Definitely. It's the only Batman cartoon that is, in fact.
Your opinions are shit, I've been (re)watching all of those and I actually feel TT & TB are a notch above the other two.

Batman was original a Japanese character design.

Fuck off, underage

Retarded comic book choices didn't stop Weisman from putting Superboy in the t-shirt and jeans costume or turning Impulse into Kid Flash

You mean in the original comics? I don't think that's right...

I didn't say that the Green and Red were retarded, I meant that tying Beast Boy into the Red and making him red skinned and then randomly turning him younger and green without explanation was retarded.

Besides, with the characterization they gave Superboy using the 90s outfit would have been an dishonor to the original Kon.

>could've given shirtless scenes to Dick, Bart, or Gar when he transformed back into his human form
>No, instead give it all to a bland, unattractive version of Jaime
>Meanwhile, M'gann gets Carol hair and Artemis has to pretend she's dead, while other female characters get sidelined
The fanservice in this show sucked.

shut the fuck up

>You mean in the original manga?
ftfy

But Dick do you mean the teen or older version?