Two and a half years

>Two and a half years

Does it matter there's 3 or 4 claw mutant running around now.

And nothing of value was lost.

It's honestly pretty impressive that they've resisted the urge to bring him back. I didn't think modern Marvel had that kind of restraint.

Can someone post the pages prior to this? How did he get covered with adamantium?

>It's honestly pretty impressive
No, you're not

It's been THAT long since I quit Marvel entirely?
Damn.

Wait, they haven't revived him yet? Damn, Marvel, gotta give you props.

Old man Logan
Young Man Scott

>Poetry

Isn't he running around right now as Old Man Logan for movie synergy purposes and is coming back at least in some form for Generations. I mean, he was really gone as long as the F4 right now, which isn't that long really.

Not a full storytime

from a technical perspective, if by some odd miracle he did come back to life and regenerated wouldn't he just come back and repeatedly suffocate to death in an endless loop since he's stuck in a fucking solid casing of that shit and no one bothered to try and get him out?

People are acting like he's not around, but a Logan from a different universe just took his place. He's in an ongoing team book called Weapon X right now.

He still alive.

Who're the people on the tables?

Press F

IIRC the doctor was trying to recreate Wolverine so those people were candidates to receive the adamantium.

F

F

Such a pathetic way to die.
I would have used my mangeko sharingan to avoid the adamantium shower.

>f

He'll never come back, and after Logan X-23 will be turned into a little mexican girl

F

F

>movie synergy
>with fox

that is as good as Spectre Hal

>tfw Dafne Keen probably won't be old enough to play Wolverine by the time they start making the New Mutants movie and we'll probably get some random Mexican literally who with all the charisma and acting skills of a sheet of wet cardboard just like fucking every other X Men actor who isn't playing Logan/Magneto/Xavier (save for that one guy who played Sabretooth in Origins)

It's a shame but it's also pretty fucking amazing how a kid actor managed to do so well in a role.

Also I'm calling it now that Cable and/or Deadpool if he's in it are going to carry the whole movie.

>complaining that a dead man hasn't magically come back to life
stop ruining comic books

The real Jean has been gone longer which I find to be more impressive.

If there is a god, please.

I thinkthey should just recast Wolverine.
They've recast EVERY OTHER X-Man so far.

>Saw the thumbnail and thought it was a Silver Surfer thread, got excited
>See it's a death of Wolverine thread instead
>Not sad, just mildly disappointed

Good, leave him there.
Try new things.
Then when Marvel is on the verge of bankruptcy, they'll bring him back as the savior of all things Marvel.

Yeah but that was okay because Wolverine carried the movies and they actually gave a shit about the actors they picked for young Charles and Magneto...who also carried the movies. The only good side characters the first 3 movies had was Nightcrawler, everyone else was shit and was only liked at the time because kids who were previously unexposed to the X Men thought their powers were neat.

What exactly made them so special?

Can you partially story time the funeral?

And the fight for the body

Is Laura doing an all right job as Wolverine?

Real Jean Grey has been dead for more than 10 years.

>just took his place
Old Man Logan has been around for a year and a half at this point, is in half a dozen books, and has his own ongoing. The only difference between OML and Wolverine is grey hair and less hypocrisy.

>resisted the urge to bring him back
>Female Clone Wolverine
>Female Clone Wolverine's Clone
>Old Wolverine
>Savage Wolverine
>Wolverine Jr.
>an entire ongoing devoted to a team of Wolverines

Everytime they get the urge to bring him back, they just add another almost-Wolverine. By the time he's back, there'll be a dozen Wolverines running around.

that was pretty stupid

> i'm covered in molten metal but I somehow had the strength to run up a few flights of stairs to die photogenically on top of a roof

Right, it's toootally a coincidence that Old Man Logan appeared shortly before the OML movie was announced. Fuck off, shill.

HERE THE TRUMPETS HEAR THE PIPERS

ONE HUNDRED MILLION ANGELS SINGING

MULTITUDES ARE MARCHING TO THE BIG KETTLE DRUM

VOICES CALLING VOICES CRYING

SOME ARE BORN AND SOME ARE DYING

Its overall OK, But her first few issues were so bad it was unbearable. It was like slowly moving towards Squirrel Girl territory, but with better art. Then out of all things, a fucking civil war tie in issue with Old Man Logan guest starring turned it around. From there on out it is pretty good most of the time.

IT'S ALPHA AND OMEGAS KINGDOM COME....

Death of Wolverine gets me. The last two pages hit me, and I think it's because of Wolverine's past. I love Spider-Man but when he died in Ultimate I didn't give a shit, it didn't have the weight that this did

>I love Spider-Man but when he died in Ultimate I didn't give a shit, it didn't have the weight that this did

Because at the time he was just Ultimate Spiderman and real Spiderman was safe and sound in 616. Plus you had no way of knowing that he would immediately be replaced by his clone and alt future self.

The end

We have Old Man Logan, Laura running as Wolverine and now they're introducing Young Man Logan in X-Men Blue. Do we need more Snikt! mutants?

You know what? I unironically miss Scott and Logan interacting. Arguing, butting heads, competing over Jean, chafing against each other to see who was the true alpha male of the X-Men. It was fucking great and it's really a core engine of the team's dynamic, especially back during the 90s and 00s runs.

I still hope they'll bring the old Scott back.

He'll come back when marvel gets his movie license back. The mouse will beat them, otherwise.

yeah, after reading this i realized how much i miss the interactions between those two

He's been gone for four and a half years now.

Whats a good x-men read with the original team?
I don't no where to start with all the different series.

Still waiting for them to bring back the Vell family.

Mar-Vell - 6 years (Chaos War)
Genis-Vell - 11 years (Thunderbolts #100)
Phyla-Vell - 7 and a half years (Reign Of Kings)

>Logas enters his home to find the whole Wolverine family.
>Starts arguing about what the fuck is going on
>Sabertooth breaks in to celebrate Logan's return by slashing him
>Sees 15 different wolverines arguing a fighting
>slowly steps back.

>Whats a good x-men read with the original team?

Skip the O5 and start with the Claremont era.

Is Marvel slowly phasing out X-Men?

People have been saying that for years, and nothing significant has happened. So no
Why would marvel stop selling something that brings in money?

best jump-on point is Giant-Size X-Men (1975) which leads into Uncanny-Xmen #94.

that's when Storm, Wolverine, Colossus etc joined

my money is still on Wolverine's revival involving him being merged with Old Man Logan

Not with that little ADD-ridden clone of hers.

>different universe
Funny thing is now it's confirmed OML isn't from another universe he was actually from 616 and his timeline split from it.

Yeah, that's pretty much how different universes work.

Ripping off DC? Marvel would probably do it.

But it's not like Ultimate Universe where it's a completely different universe. It's another timeline no different from say Future Trunks from DBZ

Wolverine is going to come back fairly soon, and there's really only one logical thing that he could say in his intro panel

hail hydra

"Like main universe but then something happened" is a summary for most alternate universes at both Marvel and DC.

I mean that's how most alternate realities work in fiction.

its a matter of semantics about if you reach it by traversing across an axis of space or an axis of time. you're still physically traveling from point A in space-time to point B

Some yeah, Ultimate Universe not really.

Xavier earned his death.

Find the great x-men storytime in desuarchive and start with vol. 2.

Wolverine is strong enough to crush a metal helmet with his bare hands

Wolverine's flesh is not vaporized by the 1500 F liquid metal.

Wolverine is capable of moving, seeing and acting coherently despite being covered in 1500 F liquid metal

Look. I can just about buy his healing power. People regenerate, he just does it much, much faster. But A) that does not, emphatically not, make him invulnerable; B) He did not even HAVE his power at the time.

If Marvel has added 5 new wolverines in 2 and half years.
So by 2027 we should have 25 wolverines
Then by 2037 we should have 50 new wolverines.....If we continue this thread how long till everyone in the Marvel universe is Wolverine?

user's that's blatantly not molten metal.

I'm pretty sure Adamantium is liquidised by an electric process (Forget what it's called...)

>Didn't go out in a cool pose
One job, Wolverine.

>If we continue this thread how long till everyone in the Marvel universe is Wolverine?
The 80s already happened.

That's two and a half years I've not given a shit.

Old Man Logan is crap I'll wait for Wolverine to return

>caring this much about Wolverine
He's hardly been interesting since the '80s