Overrated or underrated?

Overrated or underrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

lostmediawiki.com/My_Peoples_(Cancelled_Disney_Animated_Film;_Late_1990s-Early_2000s)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothingrated
no one even thinks about this movie.

Neither. Just kind of bland and forgettable desu.

rated

What a sad excuse of a movie
pretty much nailed it

who the fuck approved these character designs?

THE SKY IS FALLING
GOTTA TELL THE KING

>a rural south aesthetic film involving ghosts was canned for this
>literally my dream film got thrown in the garbage for the most forgettable disney work of 80+ years
this is kingdom of the sun levels of depressing

When this was out, I was riding on a bus. Sitting behind a mom and her little girl. Another bus went by and had the chicken little sign on the side. The girl was so happy to see the chicken. So you guys may not like it, but you are not taking into account the emotional value.

Remember when Zach Braff was marketable? Well, not actually marketable but people were trying to push him as a marketable star?

what film would that be?

Ah the Dark Age of Disney

Watched it a few days ago on Netflix when I was bored. Now that Zootopia is out, the whole lack of thought put into this animal world in comparison makes things feel pretty weird.

lostmediawiki.com/My_Peoples_(Cancelled_Disney_Animated_Film;_Late_1990s-Early_2000s)

Watched when I was a kid and liked it. Going back, it's pretty mediocre. The dad is such a asshole that the moral barely hits, and the amount of thought put into the world of Zootopia has retroactively made this movie's world feel like shit.

Like, they have goddamn Indiana Jones movies. How the fuck?

The sequel should have been made, it would have been better.

wow that sucks

At the time it was the worst thing they ever put out. It's not much better than that now.

The worst film of the Disney Animated Canon by far.
Thank God that pic related saved the future for Disney's animated films alongside Meet the Robinsons, even if pic related is technically a live-action film with animated bits.

Also, Buck Cluck is so detestable that I am still wondering why he isn't considered a Disney Villain yet.
He's probably one of the most evil Disney Villains of all time.

>meet the robinsons
fuck i loved that movie

Yeah, one of Disney's most underrated.

And was the movie that started the second Disney Renaissance alongside Enchanted.

it would have though
disney rennaissance works have stayed with me
i can't remember a goddamn thing from new groove minus kronk and eartha kitt's song that wasn't even in the fucking movie
No rare pachas don't count

I'm surprised Disney never decided to return to this.

At the same time, the whole living doll concept seems too similar to Toy Story.

Underrated because far too many people don't remember just how awful that film was.

Probably the reason. Granted it's described as more possessed dolls than just 'toys that have sentience because reasons' but still. Would have been neat.

>kingdom of the sun

it was yet another disney musical, plus it was played completely serious.

no fun at all.

Zootopia was like an apology for that turd.