Comics

Comics.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RenaeDeLiz/status/755605004296200192
twitter.com/Lady_PowerPunch/status/858810960773042176
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

She went from "Hello ma'am. Nice to meet you" to "Your son calls me Mommy too"

Is this what unstable molecules does to a woman?

>the drapery pulling tight from her heaving bosom

Truly Sue was always a slut just waiting for an excuse to take her clothes off.

In what period or issues does she enjoys some namor fish stick?

>>Tumblr

Why/when did Sue become a slut?

Answer to both questions: The EXTREME 90s

No, she, Wasp and Jean were all sluts because that was the one character trait Stan could think of for a hot chick

>When
Infinity War.
>Why
Malice shit.
It was actually treated surprisingly well. No elephant in the room; everyone tells her she's acting weird (which she is, see Malice shit). I read the issues themselves just before this became a weekly shitpost.

It was this whole character arc about her evolving her public persona from the demure 5th wheel to the brash & brutal battleaxe in her own right. Girl pulls some mad crazy feats.

reminder that every female in the 90s were sluts and we are still suffering from it
it has gotten better tho

why is her ass white?

It actually causes a lot of current issues, people who don't like that type of a costume are paranoid now so they push hard not to allow anything even remotely similar, when when it's actually perfectly fine, and people who do like it act like characters getting redesigns is a personal attack on them and their "values". Unprofessional horny artists ruined it for both groups.

If by suffering from this, you mean we got too far on the opposite side, I agree.

Look at Taliban redesigned Star Sapphire.

I fail to see anything wrong with it. It's somewhat generic but that's a lantern costume thing.

That white colored version looks pretty good actually.

Eat shit m8
Johns' sluttified 60s Star Sapphires were hot garbage.

I like it. That actually looks much nicer than her old outfit.
It always bothered me how all the other Lanterns got full body suits but the Sapphires were stuck with stripper armor because they were the girl squad.

The panties are stupid.

The sapphires are supposed to represent the power of love and desire. The provocative costumes reflected that.

Well played.

Didn't know the elongated man made it to the Sapphires.

She looked like that before.
Guess witch version I would be an figurine from.
Johns know what sell. When he was overruled form the New 52 sales dropped.

I can hope than now he has more editorial power, he bring back the better costume.

The one you wouldn't be able to display publicly?

I prefer left honestly.

Hurrr

I love that costume too.

But SJWs and feminists will cry to the MSM about DC hating women and being like male Al Qaida if they reintroduced the costume. :(

Just because you like it doesn't mean it's a good costume though.

the costume is not the problem there her objectifying of every female character is
see this twitter.com/RenaeDeLiz/status/755605004296200192
seriously just with the first tweet you will get a really good idea, but reading the thread is even better

I don't like that people who do comparisons like that always avoid making the "after" too attractive. You will never convince people to treat your opinion as valid if you show them an ugly character and tell them that it's better than the one that makes them hard. You can fix dumb poses without going all tumblr on it.

There, a quick crappy edit to prove my point about making characters ugly for no reason. It's not perfect but you get the idea I hope.

The right is definitely sexier. But when it comes to Super heroines, designs like the left are superior. I need to take my heroes seriously. If their outfit is well-designed AND sexy, even better.

Bikini armor should be reserved for villainesses and sidekicks. Comics like Bomb Queen and Witchblade are an exception, of course.

There you go, I personally don';t find skimpy costumes appealing but they have their place. And if you can't make a character attractive in any way other than dressing them in something absurd and obnoxious then it's your failure as an artist.

>You will never convince people to treat your opinion as valid if you show them an ugly character and tell them that it's better than the one that makes them hard
ONLY searching for female characters that give you a hard on is the problem
even, i can see what you mean, you can like them beign pretty, i like that to. but have n mind that its not the same them beign pretty than them always having a cute face. they can express a lot more things. an example from the same author twitter.com/Lady_PowerPunch/status/858810960773042176 i dont find that character ugly
also we have a lot of ugly male characters, logan for example, or ghost rider, he is a fucking skull in flames; and i think we can agree they are rad af

tl;dr they dont need to but given the case they can be ugly

That's now what I was saying. Ugly characters can be cool, but a character like Power Girl is not ugly, and I wasn't talking about ugly designs to begin with. I was talking about people making comparisons, either design or pose ones. And instead of fixing the costume or pose just enough to be reasonable and still keep it appealing they go way overboard. It accomplishes nothing, it gives fuel to idiots who sperg at any minor change claiming that "feminists" are ruining things, it doesn't matter if it's bullshit. If you want people to support you make something they will look at and won't be able to complain about, excluding the worst cases of course because they will cry and bitch no matter what. Majority of people reading comics won't care if a character is dressed appropriately or if it makes sense, but if you show them a design they still like and happens to be somewhat reasonable there will be far less people who oppose your ideas.

Who fucking gives a shit you trigger happy faggot? Everyone sexualized in comics, even the guys. Just because you're not attractive doesn't mean you should spoil everyone's fun.

Plenty of people give a shit, and so far the only "trigger happy faggot" here is you. Guys aren't really sexualized most of the time. Showing off muscles is far from being sexualized and you're using a character that isn't the norm as an example, and not a very good one either. If the mere concept of a reasonably drawn character triggers you so bad that you immediately go into a sperg mode then maybe you should go to tumblr because you'd fit right in.

bad coloring that the editor missed

I do not understand the physics or logistics of her boob window.

How does it stay 4 shaped?!

Same way somehow almost all skin tight suits show bellybutton, boner magic.

>Left has more expression, emotion and a simple yet solid characterized pose
>Right is stiff, boring and with a lifeless face

Left has the expression of being bored while having sex and the pose is twisted and far from simple. Right is more realistic, but also stiff because I'm not a professional artist so I can't draw poses well and the original wasn't perfect to begin with, and has a neutral face. It's quick edit of a crappy doodle just to show a basic difference not a finished artwork you dumbass.

I'm a dude who's 14 pounds overweight and even I can do the pose on the left.

Except I would buy the sexualized version because I like it like that.
Who is she to tell me, the consumer, to change ?

Her DC book got canceled because she is too preachy.

Maybe people who don't actually read comics, sure. And no, it's not something that isn't the norm. Guys will strip naked in cape books all the time. The only way I can possibly perceive that you think this is an issue is if you've never read a comic in your life and are just parroting off what you saw off some shitty blog.

I like how every thread this is brought up some user actually explains the Sue story arc and yet every user is still going "HURRRR DURRR THE 90S MADE SUE A SLUUUUT". As if the costume wasn't 100% intentionally a parody of other superheroine costumes of that time and the whole arc wasn't lampshading it. DeFalco and Ryan knew exactly what they were doing and never intended this to be a real change for Sue.

But nobody reads comics or even the explanations of people who have read them. Everyone just goes with their meme version like "the 90s suck!" or "the 90s were just EXTREME"

i was talking about hte face.
logan is an ugly guy, and ghost rider cant be handsome because he literally has no face
see how in this image the face is not a cute face, its not a face made to please you but you wouldnt say that because of that she is ugly

other than that of the face (im assuming your edit is the lips, and maybe thats where im wrong) i dont really see what you are defending here because i dont see how what you are saying is any different than the example i showed you. she is still drawn like a pretty girl, the costume is exactly the sam. the only thing that is changed is the pose

A lot of female heroes look better with bare legs. Just not Invisible Girl.

I never said it's not possible. But the pose is very clearly drawn purely to be sexy, while the right one could be both sexy and suble about it with minor changes by a capable artist.
You're not the only consumer. Why not have two versions, one slightly toned down for more common use and one as sexy as you want for "collectors" and special issues? That way they still get the consumers who want absurdly sexy characters without turning away people who don't. There's a middle ground you know, and accepting it won't cause your world to collapse. If anything there would be less garbage "feminist" comics being pushed because the novelty and "progressiveness" would no longer be used as a marketing tool.
And yet it's not done in a nearly as obnoxious way as a lot of female characters. You can cite examples all you want because there are examples of both male characters being sexualized and female characters not, but the fact is on average there's far more female characters being drawn id excessively exaggerated poses. It's not an issue in comics that are from the start written with the though of appealing exclusively to certain demographic, but putting that in a comic that is perfectly enjoyable for everyone otherwise just means people who would otherwise like it might be put off or read it online and not be interested enough to spread the word about it.

i was going to bother to give you an answer to your shitty post but pretty much this get your head out of your own ass
now compare this image to any of your comics

you can have your sexualised comics as much as other people can have their non sexualised
retard

I changed the body to be more shapely actually, open both images in different tabs and switch between them and you will see. The lips were just because the face seemed off, I haven't put much thought into it beyond that.
I disagree, but that's mostly a matter of preference. It looks good on some but in most cases they could really use some shorts, skirt or even pants because without they often look like they're ready to party on a beach not do whatever they do.

>And yet it's not done in a nearly as obnoxious way as a lot of female characters.

But neither are obnoxious. You're just looking for an excuse to get upset.

> You can cite examples all you want because there are examples of both male characters being sexualized and female characters not, but the fact is on average there's far more female characters being drawn id excessively exaggerated poses.

Citation needed.

>It's not an issue in comics that are from the start written with the though of appealing exclusively to certain demographic, but putting that in a comic that is perfectly enjoyable for everyone otherwise just means people who would otherwise like it might be put off or read it online and not be interested enough to spread the word about it.

Firstly
>only the big two exist.

And secondly, most girls who are into comics don't read capeshit.

You mean like pic related?

It looks just as stupid as it would on a female character. And how about you get your inner autist out and make a comparison chart about the percentage of female vs male characters like this? I highly doubt it will be even close to half.

I totally agree with the separated demographic.
That is why she got the horrible Batgirl of Burnside book. I am not the audience so I don't care much.
But if I was a fan of Barbara with her previous costume I would be pissed.

Here, it was something that was taken from me (not mean to be dramatic here). I liked that Hal got a sexy Girlfriend.

An other problem is that when a sexy costume is remove, we never get it back. Your "progressiveness" goes in only one direction and I don't like it.

The image you posted is less revealing then the one I used.

>but the fact is on average there's far more female characters being drawn id excessively exaggerated poses
Got a source for that?

I don't know, it looked pretty badass in AvX.

God, I can't believe I just complimented that shit book.

>God, I can't believe I just complimented that shit book.
Don't sweat it. The Phoenix designs were the only good part.

>And secondly, most girls who are into comics don't read capeshit.
I wonder why is that. It's like putting a sign saying "men only" on a bar and then saying that women don;t go there. Of course they won't, the only ones that will will be obnoxious SJWs who show up to complain about the sign. The difference is that most comics aren't supposed to be for men only, but they are that because of how they're made.
>Your "progressiveness" goes in only one direction and I don't like it.
It's not my progressiveness if I disagree with most of the things they do. And you are right, they should find a way to include both, possibly in separate comics or universes, it's not like cape comics don't reset or reinterpret or whatever you want to call it their worlds all the time anyway, so how hard it is to make a mini series that is 100% cheesecake? I bet it would boost the sales of the main comic too if it wasn't done often enough to compete. But that's "bad press" of course and the SJWs would make sure that something like that doesn't go unnoticed.

>I disagree,

I disagree with your disagreement.

What's the problem?

>but putting that in a comic that is perfectly enjoyable for everyone otherwise just means people who would otherwise like it might be put off or read it online and not be interested enough to spread the word about it.
So? Are you trying to argue that it would be beneficial to the creator of a work to water down their art and play it safe just so they can cast the widest net possible? It also sounds like you're saying that you just want sexualization gone just because you don't like it.

>Why not have two versions, one slightly toned down for more common use and one as sexy as you want for "collectors" and special issues?
You serious? This is a horrible business idea.

>but that's mostly a matter of preference
And I accept your disagreement but still think it looks bad.
But that's not sexualization. As a rule of thumb, if you're willing to show it to a 5 year old it probably isn't sexualization.

>You mean like pic related?
no
showing muscle is not sexualization.
sexualization is when the first thing you notice is the crotch otr the butt or the tits if it is a female.

the first image that was posted was little bit sexualised. th one i posted is higly sexualised

and again there are examples of sexualization and power fantasy (thats what your newer images are)
and there is no problem with sexualization per se

>I wonder why is that. It's like putting a sign saying "men only" on a bar and then saying that women don;t go there.

Because they don't like the genre. Most comics that interest girls are shit like Serenity and Smile.

>Of course they won't, the only ones that will will be obnoxious SJWs who show up to complain about the sign.

Wait....You don't /actually/ think comic shops put up men only signs, do you?

> The difference is that most comics aren't supposed to be for men only, but they are that because of how they're made.

If that was the case books like Mockingbird and Unbeatable Wasp would sell like hotpockets.

Nigger, he's wearing nothing but a speedo.

>Showing off muscles is far from being sexualized
Literally, the only reason men try to get muscles is to look good. Having a chiseled physique is a sexualized goal.
Not a power fantasy. Being rich and able to do anything you want is a power fantasy.
Looking hot is for sexual reasons only and dudes in comics, even characters that have zero reasons to be built hard are shown to have perfectly tones bodies.

SJW stop when you don't answer to them.
Company just need to purge the people in their rank who listen to them.
A lot of japanese game dev stopped to listen to them, so they finally realized it is useless.

>changing the definition of sexualization to suit your argument
Really? Sexualization is making something sexually attractive and appealing. If you don't think Grayson fits that to a goddamn T you can get out of here with your bullshit.

You're wrong. Every superhero pose is excessively exaggerated. No one perches and poses like a superhero does. Looking out over a city Batman is flexing as hard as humanly possible just to accentuate his inner monolog.
Superman flies around in the most angelic contortion the artist can invoke.

You're wrong on all fronts

and still your eyes wont go towards his crotch

Speak for yourself.

I've been reading cape comics since I was five...
So what's your point?
Half naked is half naked. In fact, the only case for sexism you could have is that it's LESS ok to show as much skin on a female as a male.

It does actually, yes.

But selling as much as they can is the point of almost every comic. What I want is for things that make my enjoyment of comics that are perfectly good for me otherwise to be toned down a little. They aren't doing it just because of the target audience, very often it's because an artist is unprofessional and can't stop waifufagging even when doing paid work, and I find that obnoxious.
>Because they don't like the genre
Because the genre tries very hard not to be enjoyable to people who don't like to constantly stare at womans ass. Art is a big part of a comic and a good or bad artist can decide of a success.
>Wait....You don't /actually/ think comic shops put up men only signs, do you?
It was a hyperbole, reread what I wrote carefully. If you keep showing someone that something isn't for them then don't be surprised when they aren't interested in it. But of course there will always be people who complain even when something really is made for a specific group that isn't them, but most comics are not.

let me ask you
would you congratulate your friends on their mad gainz?

would you congratulate on having the biggest dick you seen?
if you did you would probably say no homo after

Have you seen art drawn by actual women? Most men don't have nearly as much muscles. Women who like typical cape hero body are outliers while the majority prefers something closer to

>friends
>with gainz
You think too highly of the average Sup Forumsmrade

But those are exagerrated to look cool or threatening or powerful while female heroes get a choice of sexy, very sexy or cute sexy.

It's like complaining that BET doesn't rerun Beverly Hillbillies or Andy Griffith. Superhero comics come from a certain lineage of mainly male oriented stories. That's perfectly fine.

Women have those cheesy romance novels but no guy complains about how men are presented as meat on the covers of those things.
Learn to pick your battles and get angry over something that actually warrants it.

>He has never had a drunken literal dick measuring contest with his friends.
Missing out of the joys in life user.

>Because the genre tries very hard not to be enjoyable to people who don't like to constantly stare at womans ass. Art is a big part of a comic and a good or bad artist can decide of a success.

No, because most girls aren't interested in capeshit. Just go to any of the numerous threads we've had asking femanons what was on their pull list. The only real capebook that comes to mind that grills /really/ like is Runaways.

>If you keep showing someone that something isn't for them then don't be surprised when they aren't interested in it.

No, because the genre in general doesn't interest them. Like I said, Mockingbird and Unbeatable Wasp.

Usually me and my friends talk about Sup Forumsmics and Sup Forumsideogames.

>I wonder why is that.
Probably because men just tend to like comics more. There are comics out there being written by women, for women. There are also comics out there that are by and large devoid of sexualization and can be enjoyed by either gender no problem. They aren't rare, and there are even a solid number of superhero comics published by the Big Two that aren't sexualized, and you seem to think that those are the only kinds of comics that exist.

You are whining about something that isn't even a big deal, and I suspect it's because you don't actually read comics. What comics have you read? What comics are you reading? Share.

Most male heroes wear a full body suit while their female equivalents have naked legs or more.
>Women have those cheesy romance novels but no guy complains about how men are presented as meat on the covers of those things.
Because no man and most women don't give a shit about those. Plus it's not a visual media.

>But selling as much as they can is the point of almost every comic.
But not the goal of every creator or artist.
>whiny bullshit about comics should be made according to MY standards so i can get MAXIMUM ENJOYMENT
Fuck off and pull your head out of your ass while you're at it, you entitled whiner.

Skin-tight bodysuits user.

>What comics have you read? What comics are you reading? Share.

This. I'm very interested in what triggered user likes.

>most women don't give a shit about those.

Sales say otherwise

Also.

>sexualuzing is ok if its written instead guys!

Star Sapphire's old costume was shit. And it was shit because of horny fanboys who jerked off to it, and refused to let it show less skin and match the scheme of other Lantern uniforms, while also refusing to allow male members of the Star Sapphires to show anywhere near as much skin, lest it ruin their wank fantasies, so they denied the bikini the internal logic that would've made it work, just so they can jerk off to Hal, their bland self-insert.

>There are comics out there being written by women, for women
And most of those is liquid shit because they only get created as a gimmick without any thought put into it. I know there are comics that can be enjoyed by both, I read them, so my question is, if those comics can achieve that why can't cape comics do a little bit more of those without falling into either extreme? In most cases it would only require very minor changes.

Because face it, a jacked female will never look as threatening as a jacked up male. Sexual dimorphism is REAL. It's not a social construct and it's not sexist to acknowledge it.
But having an ideal body is part of any superhero. Unless specifically part of their character, all of them have torsos like Greek statues. A physically perfect and aesthetically pleasing body for male and females alike.
Perfect lay line, perfect hair even in the thick of a fight. The amount of characters with blue or green eyes far outnumbers ones with a more mundane eye color.

Ideal physical image. A body that is visually pleasing to look at is the goal. Perfect anatomy. Not about looking threatening or powerful. You associate those with the poses because, hello, that' animalistic aspect of the male figure IS sexy. Unless you're someone who has convinced themselves that a guy with a weak grip with a thick hipster beard is sexy.
That's fine but know that you've chosen to prefer a niche and not the norm.

>their female equivalents have naked legs or more.
Most female superheroes these days are covered up. Get with the times.

For the same reason you don't see many girls at monster truck shows.

>when when it's actually perfectly fine
It really isn't.