COMPLETELY forgotten characters (comics and cartoons both allowed)

COMPLETELY forgotten characters (comics and cartoons both allowed)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriers_(comics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought these were forgotten gi joes at first.
Then some sort of tumbler fanart of x-treme SJW joes.
Then I read file name.

Did you just randomly wiki this? Or are you the only fan in exsistance?

I randomly found out about them while looking for info on a completely unrelated Marvel character. I don't even remember which one. I just thought it was interesting that they could appear in multiple issues of X-Men was it was a HUGE deal and then end up just totally forgotten.

Who the hell are these commandos?

They look like a team of heroes if anything

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriers_(comics)

See:

I'll always remember them.

Everyone from Bloodlines except Hitman.
>Anima showed up in the Prometheus one-shot just to get killed off

Blasters, the spin-off team from DC's Invasion.

the first swamp monster RIP

remember when red hood had a sidekick?

last time she appeared in anything was convergence

I've never even heard of them before.

Ummm he has a figure hitting the stores RIGHT NOW.

She was also in a shitty Titans one-shot before that

Jason and his dollotron sidekick seemed like the worst part of that run

this one is actually somewhat known

>reast in peace for the third time

Not as prominent as I'd like, but nowhere near completely forgotten.

What a fucking jerk though.

What's everyone's opinions on this? I liked it fine, but I can see a lot of people hating it.

The Twelve was fucking great.
"Come the darkness, I still believe." That had me in fucking tears.

What makes me mad is that the ending left it that we could see some of these characters continue. I don't wanna spoil it, but the final page was perfect to see those two doing more. Since then.. not a damn thing. I blame JMS for that 2 year or so gap.

is that Captain Steel back there?
I don't think hes forgotten

That's Captain Wonder, you're thinking of the DC character.

The Masked Man, a rip-off of The Spirit from the 80s (that was actually half decent)

What's this?

The only one I know is Axe, but only because he's such a stupid and ridiculous early New Mutants villain.

He's just a guy with an axe

What was that DC team founded by a big black gay lawyer? They had a really generic name, and one of them had a patriotic supersuit.

Well, that version, the original has been making sporadic appearances in the last 5 years. The last appearance I remember was in Nova this year.

I can't read that. Rressbuton?

Captain Harlock rule 63?

Press Button, I guess?

have teams spinning off from events ever worked?
this team just seems like New guardians redux?
I think the only possible exception might be hitman.

oh that makes sense. but that cover is just unreadable with that messed up font clashing with the background.

I remember these guys, they're from when marvel had the transformer's license right?

Supergod was great. I remember it at least.

Warren ellis' supergod, part of his rather uneven informal avatar press trilogy. it's about Nationstates making superhuman god beings.

I was gonna sumbit this guy, a half-human/half-Skrull (sorry, "dire wraith") child who had a perfectly normal childhood until exposed to his kinds dark, alien magics. Then he snapped and became a regenerative, shape-shifting, telekinetic teen rapist obsessed with using superheroines as breeding stock.

However, he actually showed up in Avengers Academy, so fuck me.

Yep, Circuit Breaker made a blink and you'll miss it cameo when IDW published a continuation of the G1 marvel comic (she shows up in covered in energy).

Also, Circuit Breaker exists in the normal Marvel universe, but only made a single appearance.

Really? I assumed all the ROM characters were trapped in a legal limbo. I'm surprised anything has shown up since then.

He's been showing up sporadically since 2012-ish

Poor Phyla. She got to appear in EMH, though. That's something.

ROM's rights are weird. The name and character are completely off-limits, but the characters made by Marvel, including Galador and the Dire Wraiths themselves, technically belong to them.

There was a recent legal kerfuffle because Hasbro just now realized Marvel is still using the stuff.

Not all of hit. It's not known what Marvel still has, but up until recently they still had Space Knights, and Wraiths.

Dire Wraiths haven't made appearances lately, and the Space Knights were all killed a few years ago off panel. It's assumed they can still use Dire Wraiths since, aside from the name, the IDW versions are extremely different.

What is this? Kantai Collection, but with jets?

Invasion also launched L.E.G.I.O.N. and they were decently popular for a while, enough so to get a new comic in 2009.

Queen Esmeraldas?

I miss this little edge lord.

Man, Wraith is a fucking masterpiece compared to what we have to endure in cosmic now.

Well most over these are useless now

People still have a soft spot for Ted and Vic.

I'm sure somebody, somewhere cares about Orion.

pretty sure that arc ended with her dollotron face falling off and her driving off into the sunset, she was never meant to be more

I can only inagine this scene with a sick electric guitar solo in the background

>Orion
You swine

He's probably the most famous one that's been forgotten. Pretty sad to know that there's no room for him since Black Wally's essentially taken his place as Kid Flash.

See? Told you.

>Orion.

I will devour your children.

DC should make a team with these guys.

Well.

Except Pete.

he literally showed up in x-men 92 a few months ago

almost all of young justice
- Robin (tim) in practically dead status
- Wondergirl (cassie) forgotten but still with a chances
- Superboy (conner) forgotten difficult with Jon
- Impulse/kid flash (bart) forgotten difficult with black wally
- Arrowette (Cissie) forgotten difficult with Emiko
- Secret (greta) forgotten
- Empress (anita) forgotten
- Lil Lobo forgotten

Not sure if forgotten or just obscure as fuck. I spend like a month trying to find any information on it at times were doubting if that thing even existed or i was having some false memories from childchood. The animated series is basicly a thing that time forgot and non-spanish versions aren't even mentioned anywhere on the net.

Come on Corben, let Dark Horse publish a collection of Den

Most of the New Universe, actually, though Star Brand, Blur and Nightmask have shown up elsewhere.

I feel like not a lot of people remember this. My room mate has the whole run of the comics, though none of the toys.

i think claremont and marc silvestri were trying to swing them into their own series but they were both gone from marvel not too very long after the team debuted

Yeah Silvestri was pitching his own comic, then the Image guys approached him so he turned whatever it was into Cyber Force.

It was clearly mutant related since he had a Not-Wolverine on his team

I grew up reading Silver Age Marvel reprints. Daredevil was always my favorite so like half the characters.

They did. Kind of.

Cannon could always be replaced with the original Mr Terrific, Terry Sloan. Always thoought their abilities were similar