Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/92735945/

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member.php?id=4954122
pastebin.com/fLCy7hvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Last time:

-New GG scripts
-RR script continues to be worked on
-Redesigns for Trine characters continue, last time with focus on Archenemy (see OP pic)
-Even more about the Trine storyline (that's been pretty big the past few threads)
-New pics
-Updates on The Lovely Ladybug Summer Special
-More talk of Rocket Boy
-Other stuff I didn't mention

here is a new GG pic by artist MrRBG
pixiv.net/member.php?id=4954122
Audrey with that "Fancy new dress" feel

They just keep getting bigger.

I still think "the size of her head" is the max size they should be.

I think somebody pointed out once that they're still the size of her head, but her head's gotten bigger as the art's gone along.

what's wrong with artists drawing whatever they want?

I tweaked the GG script from last week a bit based on the discussion of what Audrey calls Sarah when they're out of costume.

>TITLE PANEL GAG: Golden Girl in mid-run, awkwardly holding her chest in place with one arm and blowing the hair out of her eyes.

>PANEL 1: Stately Sterling Manor. Sarah and Lucìa are folding laundry in Sarah's bedroom. Audrey approaches with just a touch of apprehension.
>AUDREY: Hey, Ms. Sterling, can I ask you something...personal?
>SARAH (1): Sure, my ward. Anything you need?
>SARAH (2): And I keep telling you, Audrey, please call me Sarah.

>PANEL 2: Audrey's body language becomes more flustered and awkward. She's clearly uncomfortable asking this.
>AUDREY: S-Sarah, right... I'm sure you're no stranger to this, with your action-packed life, but do you have anything to help stop the...the...

>PANEL 3: Sarah reacts with surprise. Lucìa has an understanding expression, but keeps an eye on Sarah, curious as to how she'll respond.
>AUDREY (O.S.): ...bouncing?

>PANEL 4: Sarah's reaction changes to a more relieved expression, even touched a bit by Audrey's request. She turns toward her chest of drawers.
>SARAH: Oh darling, I understand exactly what you mean!

>PANEL 5: Sarah ruffles through her top drawer.
>SARAH: I have JUST the thing for you...

>PANEL 6: Reveal panel of Audrey now wearing a headband, matching Silver Queen's tiara. Audrey is not amused. Sarah doesn't notice. Lucìa is in the background, facepalming.
>SARAH: There you go! Ready for crime-fighting!
>AUDREY (flatly): Gee, thanks.

I think it helps play up how awkward she feels about this.

Huh, and I had just updated the GG script pastebin.

'bouncing' isn't really a term that people use to describe hair flying everywhere very often.
Maybe replace 'help stop the bouncing', with 'help keep things in place'?
Same meaning but it's a more organic source of confusion.

meant to reply to

>still no Briana

Work on the colors. The white looks out of place and black and grey doesn't really work. Maybe make the pant's and coat both shiny black leather, or make the pants into standard blue jeans.

Alternatively, remove the flaps from the boots and make the pants green or camo cargo pants.

I still say no shiny black leather.

He doesn't need to look like Red Skull.

Bump

That's more akin to his older design, tie and gloves and all that.

So more like this, then?

>PANEL 2: Audrey's body language becomes more flustered and awkward. She's clearly uncomfortable asking this.
>AUDREY: S-Sarah, right... I'm sure you're no stranger to this, with your action-packed life, but do you have anything to...

>PANEL 3: Sarah reacts with surprise. Lucìa has an understanding expression, but keeps an eye on Sarah, curious as to how she'll respond.
>AUDREY (O.S.): ...help keep...things in place?

Huh, Motion has more padding than VFT.

There's a fight match up.

What would the first encounter between Rocket Boy and DiAN be like?

A bright light in the face as he gets scanned.

Though if this is going by GG rules then the code is in full effect and the necessary grittier parts of the beginning would have to be skipped.

Grittier parts?

Child abduction, experimentation, that sort of thing. It doesn't end with him coming home, so it can't get a pass with the code.

We don't think of those story elements as being gritty, but they would be considered as such to the standard it's forced to comply with.

Working on a couple scripts at the moment. While I definitely have an idea for a much grander project, I'm going to work on a four issue mini just to get some experience. The backdrop is an alien invasion in the 1970s and a farm in the middle of nowhere. It's definitely not going to be what people expect.

Hey guys! Back from work. Well this is it. I'm pretty much done story wise for this issue. Aside from an ending box, maybe, I just need to space the beginning text more. But other than that, RR issue 1 is done. Line 781 is where the new stuff is.
pastebin.com/fLCy7hvA
As always critiques are welcome and encouraged.

Might as well drop a prompt to keep things going: We are in the works of a space adventure of Rocket Boy. While his origins are set, we still haven't developed his side characters. Mainly the UFB is talked about, but not much talk on what he can bring to the table.

In all honesty, you probably don't even need the nurse talking with the other nurses since just him speeding by and her pocket being flipped inside-out would be just as good a gag.

It could just end with him smashing through the exterior wall with a raging TO BE CONTINUED.

He doesn't at any point get experimented on and he was accidentally abducted. Plus we discussed in previous threads that we don't have to follow the code that closely

I'm thinking that UFBovine could be used as muscle in some situations and as a form of transportation when RB goes planetside.

I guess I felt there needed to be a reason for her to be perfectly placed for the joke.

Aside from rocket ramming, how would he be muscle?

Bursting down doors to alien tombs, maybe UFB stomps through a moon sand castle base, Rocket Boy gets trapped in an alien jail cell and UFB pulls the door off its hinges. I think we could easily get creative with UFBovine. Obviously he couldn't be completely defined as RBs muscle. Eventually he would have to evolve into a dirty that an alien race comes to worship and RB will have to let him live out his cow life as an alien god. This of course will get the feels.

Deity not dirty*

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking.

So, with the Trine story, there's the intro.

Then there's the introduction of the robots.

Then the changes that have happened to the city.

So what sort of supporting cast do you think we should establish before Theta arrives? There was something about a business man who started trying to use Ghost's likeness to sell mint gum. Is that an idea worth exploring? Does he show up again later?

Why Brianna in particular? Anybody else can be part of group shot? I am running out of pace for this panel though.

Why would they fight about? What leads up to it?

As far as I can tell, Rocket Boy doesn't have any Code violators, so there's no real reason to bring up Code stuff. It can just be a regular comic pastiche.

One's a superhero, one's a supervillain.

If I had to think up scenario, I'd say it'd be when VFT did a job with the Vixen Six that brought them to Motion's city.

Briana because she's part of one of Sup Forums's most popular undying original series. Thank you for drawing her, I appreciate it and she looks great.

She's going to be covered up by a text bubble.

Those must be some rock hard titties desu

Which of the demon king factions is most likely to hire out muscle?

I don't know what the Fire Witch's covenant does. I'd imagine they're in league with the Dark Hearts.

The domain of the Moribund Marquess is pretty much a massive free for all/capture the flag/king of the hill type deal on a much bloodier scale.

I don't know what the Wavering Mason does.

The Yellow Jester's court seems to be all about information brokering.

The Glutton Lord's cult seems to be self-contained.

The Rune Keeper's Cryptic Skein is pretty much a big school or something like that.

The Immaculate Structure under the control of the Devout Symphony seems to be something that resembles lawmen.

The Lonely King is a wild card.

I don't know what the Somber Maestro does.

The Supreme Duke of Moaning I assume has the entertainment industry firmly under his control.

The Blissful Lady controls the drug trade.

And The Crimson King in present time is a meat puppet of the Yellow Jester, so no telling what he did when still alive.

So say someone needs a demon for a job and summons one. What are they going to get? Do any of the demon kings have a monopoly on the summoning market? Would it just be an independent who still does things old school?

Such is life I suppose.

They are like Power Girl's titties.

If you squeeze them gently and romantically they squish, but if you smash them with a sudden force they resist.

Exactly. Thank you

Just arrived but too late to reply to you.
I guess that business man guy or whatever will just be a running gag character (eg. Cabbage Merchant) if we can even pull off witty humour.

Are we ditching the two piece suit under the coat entirely or?

Bump!

Did another palette for Archenemy.

Just throwing ideas until I hit something.

some die hard fan who will inevitably become a nuisance and maybe into some sort villain or hero sort of seeing what they inspire type thing.

purple and yellow are always good Villian colors

Will that be part of the overall narrative or will it be it's own thing?

Yeah, but we gotta find the ONE.

That looks a lot better, but I think the scarf should match the trim of the coat.

Are you making a reference to the bra advert with Disney-esque musicals as its gimmick?

And maybe the should cape too

Kek, no.

It's good and all BUT we need a second opinion on the matter.

Just another thing Lucifer, should the helmet be purple too?

Not in my opinion. I think it looks best here:
The helmet being the gray surrounded by purple makes it stand out more and draws your eye to it, but subtly without looking like it is garishly demanding attention. Plus, it matching parts of his gloves, belt and boots means it also doesn't look out of place.

Maybe we just have him trying any way possible to profit off of them so we see him trying to sell merch every time there's a fight.

I prefer the scarf being a different color than the coat so the collar pops more.

The yellow boots and gloves don't really do much for me. I'd say they inspire more imagery of someone doing dishes or watching through the rain than a villain, even a campy one.

I can't see them becoming a villain or a hero since they'd lack the tech/skills/powers, and I also think that should be JD and Wells' initial reaction to Theta's appearance and why they don't immediately take her seriously.

I have an idea for a villain called Hands
Villains love him, Heroes hate him (Especially the females heroes)
It's basically two floating hands wearing white gloves
History with petty crime, bank robbery, and sexual assault

Reminds me of this guy.

The artist's worst nightmare.
I prefer Ball of Arms Man, Three Hundred and Sixty Degrees of PUNCH!
He's a superhero and a sapient portal to the elemental plane of arms that split off from the Armada to defend Mankind, when things are at their bleakest his final resort his to pull threats into the arm-pit.

Hey Briana as well as the the Cat-Duo, neat!

Have a particular attachment to those characters since I happened to be around during their development alot.

What color scheme would work best for this old Sup Forums potluck character? The different features/details having been called out in the thread and compounded into a single design.

Her power is possessing Cleavage of Holding, better than any utility belt! Also roller skates.

I want to say purple and green for some reason.

What fighting game is this? Don't even know anymore. Why does this guy have a triforce on his jacket? Is it Link's second cameo in a fighting game?

It's Tekken 7

I advise Maroon/shades of red.

Tekken.

She's Eleonor" Leo" Kliesen, an androgynous spelunker that uses Chinese martial arts.

The one that had Akuma from Streetfighter in it?

Yup.
Canon too.

A bit on the nose isn't it?

Don't shy away from telling me to change key features of his costume, it can help if the colours aren't the only problem.

Removed the heavily contrasting yellow with a more unifying color.
The scarf is still a different colour and at the same time doesn't clash with the colours.

Made the overall palette easier on the eyes (while still retaining the dark colour for those that liked the black)

Looks gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.

I legit don't know what to get from "looks gay".

Like if I saw someone wearing it, I would immediately assume they were homosexual.

So...do you want to change it or not?

We can reverse the colors and make the khaki the dominant one, see what you think then?

It looks infinitely worse than the last version.

Can you at least tell me why?

I've been working on a script for the GG idea from a couple weeks ago where Audrey saves Billy from a school bully. It's not done yet, but here's what I've got so far:

>PANEL 1: Rocker Billy, in his clean-cut civilian guise, leans against his locker at school, writing down lyrics in a notebook.
>BILLY (thinking): This song will make my next crime a surefire chart-topper! Now what rhymes with "larceny?"
>VOICE (O.S.): Hey, choir boy!

>PANEL 2: Butch, a hulking Biff Tannen-esque bully, walks up to Billy with a malicious grin on his face.
>BILLY: Butch?!
>BUTCH: Whatcha writing, wimp? A love sonnet for that shrimpy "girlfriend" of yours? You know, I bet the acoustics are great inside your locker!
>BILLY (thinking): Hmf! This oversized, off-key oaf doesn't know what kind of musical master he's talking to!

>PANEL 3: Billy gets a determined/contemptful look on his face, and gets ready to unleash his powers on Butch.
>BILLY (thinking) (1): A chord or two from me, and my vocal powers will have Butch taking a long walk off a short pier!
>BILLY (vocalizing) (2): Ohh--
>AUDREY (O.S.): What's going on here?

>PANEL 4: Audrey approaches, giving an unfazed Butch a sharp look. Her presence causes Billy to choke up spectacularly.
>BILLY (thinking) (1): GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!
>BILLY (2): --hhhoghagawagga...
>AUDREY: Butch, you bully! Leave Billy alone!

>PANEL 5: Butch laughs at Audrey and looms intimidatingly over her, but she's unafraid.
>BUTCH: Girlfriend to the rescue, huh? I'm surprised you could hear us all the way down there, shrimp!

The problem I'm having is it's starting to run kind of long, and I'm not sure precisely how to have Audrey drive Butch off.

He posts alot of bullshit, don't expect anything worthwhile from that tripfag.

Does he really?
I don't know much about who to look out for.

In the Trine Storyline, do we set up anything for future events/ projects/ crossovers or is it PURELY standalone?

It's written standalone but the author has mentioned that the metro might have potential for /coc/ involvement.

The A could still stand to be a different color so it stands out more. If he ends up with a costume that's mostly one color, then the A really will need to be a different color.

I like the color scheme in the OP better, but purple does have its charms.

I'd say the A could be silver in the purple pallet.

The idea is that the first part is all self-contained and in the second part JD meets some other supers when he's flung 2 years into the past and is able to set things up so that no other supers ever interfere with the events that lead to him being sent back.

Or that's how I've been playing it.

*meteor not metro

Motion has breasts, even if they're still pretty small.

>Anybody else can be part of group shot?

I think our other "headliner" character is Erin, since she's effectively the most prominent character for the magic side of /coc/.

Can't she just punch him in the gut?
If her chest is blocking her arms, he won't see it coming.

That or a teacher Audrey already alerted approaches from a "blind spot".

I thought about having her deck him, but I wondered if it would make more sense for her to take a more non-violent approach in a school setting.

>That or a teacher Audrey already alerted approaches from a "blind spot".
This could work though.

Sound good enough, Although I think VFT's power set could pose a potentially interesting challenge when match up against Motion's.

Eh, I guess. Although she as depicted here is not strictly the same continuity as BQ.

I will work on finishing that page, but that particular panel's gonna be its own thing.

Hm, I don't have the name on the cat duo, I forgot. This project has gone on for too long.

I will keep it in mind.

Hold on, I'm seeing something lewd here.

Well the Vixen Six are just the excuse to get VFT to Motion's city.

Anything could happen from there.

Might be something I put some thought into at some point if I feel the urge to plot out another story.

Here's the Duo and their names.

There was this funny little sketch too, made at the time when they originally weren't in the group shot.

Guess, we're going with red and black I suppose.
Silver on the logo may be too similar with his gray outlines or is it part of the uniformity?

Also, can't wait to see this project rolling.

The colours aren't too bad in this one, though red/black is pretty traditional villain and the highlights on the shoes stand out considerably. Personally I'd go with a white logo on this colour scheme, since white stands out really well on red and it would draw the eye to the logo.

Can't even tell he's wearing a scarf in these thumbnails, which indicates poor contrast. When I look at it my eyes just bounce around the eye-searing boots, gloves, buckle, and logo.

The pants are way too bright in this one. From the thumbnail, your eyes jump straight there due to the light/dark contrast.Without that, though, there's no significant eye-drawing point in the colours. If you want to see what I mean. flip it grayscale if you can. The colour choices themselves are easier on the eyes, though, unlike the last one.

This one would be better with a brighter logo. Colour and contrast-wise I like it the most so far.

is for laffs or faps?

why not both?

Primarily for laughs.