ITT: Comic Moments That Hit You Hard

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0ETS7iaAA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pg 4/8

pg 8/8

The story about the kid that captured animals pets and threw them tied up into a lake was the worst for me. I've never been so pumped to see a child murdered in a story

Aren't there half a dozen X-men who could get him out of there? Kitty could phase him out, Magneto could peel the adamantium off, just to name two. They could borrow some vibranium and get him out that way too. Then there are all the teleporters...

He lost his healing factor, so while they could get him out, he is already dead. And none of them were around

I wonder if well get a scene like this in doomsday clock where manhattan shows the heroes that have been forgotten/erased by the reboot

WHAT THE FUCK?!?

>innocent people are getting shot and killed against their own will at that very moment
>save the suicidal teenage girl

Beasts of Burden is a Dark Horse comic about a group of pets that encounter and solve paranormal mysteries in their community. It gets pretty gruesome

1/2

2/2

I'll tell you now, this one is a true story for the ages. Such drama and poignant.

epic post

1/3

I lost it the moment he gets the Katana out. First he was edgy then he just became a joke

2/3

3/3

The fingerless gloves got me. it's how I imagine Sup Forums weenies.

Dex-Starr makes me sad all the timez

Marvel already made me hate wolverine at that point so It was a "thank god it finally happened" moment for me.

trite

this was a great death

The whole Requiem, Hunt, and Rises arcs really.

martian manhunter reading Booster gold thoughts right there

Where this from?

>"He has gone now, this Flash... Barry Allen.. gone saving more than one universe from certain doom.

>He has died fighting for what he believed in...

>And thus he died... without regret."

I like depressed Batman.

Objectively, it's a bit rushed, but it fit really well with the tempo of the issue so it was effective nonetheless.

Superman Unchained

I'm surprised he didn't go full supervilalin when he came back to life considering that all the good he had done up until that point as Robin wasn't enough to save him from winding up in Hell when he died.

We'll he did kill a lot of people that shit can't just be redeemed by a few years of heroics

>Trying to kill yourself by jumping off a building.
>In fucking Metropolis.

I hated him when I first saw the character design (I'm new to cspeshit, sorry) but god damn if he isn't a hero in every sense of the word.

Could I get a bit more context? I loved watching Johnny Quest with my dad

so you like all modern batman?

considering how Kitty was in the previous 2 comics before the end, this felt kinda underwhelming.

what does he see when he opens the door?

Damian is a kid trying to do some good in the world in spite of his past actions.

Its actually a pretty interesting direction for the character to take, and I wish writers would stick with it instead of resetting him to the start of Morrison's run. Priest saying he threw his previous characterisation out because he cant write him interestingly except as a dick in Lazarus Contract really annoyed me.

>Its actually a pretty interesting direction for the character to take
Nah, it's dumb and Priest is right. Damian has always been jerk and that's why he even became popular. You can't do a 180, this is cape comics after all.

Can someone add the whole sequence with Ravage's death in Lost Light? I only have physical copies of the issue. I only got one panel from the issue, alas.

>Weebverine

will never not make me lol

Think people do that just to hug Supes?

Don't remember the name, but that old comic where Donna Troy searches for her mom and in the end finds her grave. Lost my mom a few months prior and that scene just really hit me and I started sobbing.

>Moments That Hit You Hard
>Hard

Nice, OP

It's so damn good though.

I don't have the scan but that page in Sweet Tooth is like a punch in the gut. I even saw it well before I read the book and it was still sad.

What I said isn't even that edgy though, it's true. This troubled girl is obviously worth saving, but there are probably people being killed right then while Superman consoles her

There's an Adventure's of Superman storyline where a cult with a few thousand members try to throw themselves of buildings in Metropolis simultaneously because they believe that Superman is the saviour which means that he will be able to save them all when they do.

I really felt bad for Boster that time. In fact, I share her feelings. Fuck that cunts from JLA, JLI was the best of all leagues.

dressing like a superhero in a city full of super psychos don't looks like the best idea.

>not wanting to get fucked by drunk college guys while dressed like a nubile teenage boy
Worth the risk.

>Think people do that just to hug Supes?
youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0ETS7iaAA

The concept of everyone else losing their memories of you when you die is painful enough. The concept of being the only person who can remember those who have died is worse.

This right here is why I prefer the Justice League either without Batman or with little Batman in it. Every time he's a focus, he does something Tony Stark tier that fucks absolutely everyone over, and no consequences go his way. Instead he's just portrayed as an unapologetic dickhead who can't possibly admit fault.

On his own Batman works because he is the center morality of his story. When they put him next to gods, the only thing he does to matter is fuck them over.

That's literally a story from the bible.

Might very well be, I haven't read the full version though so I don't know

BEING in a city full of psychos isn't a good idea in the first place

Superman is in the bible?

I remember back when I got into comics, and Barry was known for this shining moment of heroism, saving everyone and everything that ever existed.

Now he's known for fucking up timelines for muh mom.

this one actually got me since im a suicidal faggot

sauce?

The Goon. It alternates between slapstick and stabbing you in the heart

that feeling when want someone to tell you, 'it's going to be ok' but on their own.

is it still going?

Here's a relatively recent gut punch.

No but he's working on a spin off called Lords of Misery.

Comic?

Rachel Rising.

Sometimes i just feel bad for Superman

aces! I binged a bunch of it ages ago but once i caught up I couldnt find new releases. Imma go buy me some Goon! Cheers mate.

could you please explain what happened there? it looks really interesting.

isn't this a french comic for kids? or is this one for more mature people because god damn you have a character straight up hanging themselves and it's not even just implied, it's straight up. and that line at the end.

is it worth buying/downloading do you recommend user?

Where's this from

because the French don't try to shelter their kids as much as the West

It's from a kids comic.

The rest of the comic has the main cast storming Hades to save her.

blonde witch was told or believes her friend (red-haired witch) died by being burned alive and that it's all her fault, so she hangs herself with a vine. turns out it was also some magical elastic vine, which is the reason for the crashing sounds and everything in her home apparently being wrecked.

once the old one breaks the red-haired witch out she says they can go hide at her best friend's house. the burning at the stake thing was a ruse, a double standing in for her, but blonde witch didn't know.

Oh yeah, Rachel Rising is one of my favorite comics.