awn.com/vfxworld/weta-digital-confronts-monstrous-ego-guardians-galaxy-vol-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

to impress his fellow god, Drax

what the fuck am I looking at

Burnt Russel.

Huh, that kinda looks really bad as a still

Him talking while reforming was so fucking sick

This part really fucking creeped me out

Where did these screen caps come from? No way blu ray quality is out there already

Is blu-ray rip out or something?

So the movie would be pg-13.

People gasped at this in the theater, I loved it.
But the Living Planet appearance should have been a gasp moment too, not a laugh.

is that Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman?

The Living Planet part was fucking metal as hell and I'm actually kind of sad that we didn't get to see the Guardians try to escape Ego only for the entire fucking planet to chase after them.

You can still see his bones here. He clearly just hasn't regrown the dick yet.

Everytime he kept growing back, my trypophobia kept kicking in

Guess he's not getting a boner then.

awn.com/vfxworld/weta-digital-confronts-monstrous-ego-guardians-galaxy-vol-2

Have some more.

Are the special effects as awful as these pictures make it seem?

As compared to what exactly?

It looks better in motion

No they looked really good in the movie. Don't know what the deal is here

Based.

Pure Starlin

I definitely appreciate that they tried, but they didn't make it seem like the planet's actual face so much as the illusion of one, you know? Like it was just a gag.

Maybe he just liked boasting about his penis because of his ego

So I have to ask, are their faces actually warping and shit or is everything they're seeing just an illusion brought about by the jumping and they're just freaking out because of the visuals?

The first option I guess

They should have had a shot from the ship after the bomb goes off where the rest of the Guardians get to see the Living Planet scream in agony as it gets torn apart.

Even if it was just a brief shot, acknowledging that the face was actually there would have been nice.

that part too dammit lmao

He didn't lie, that form's just not finished yet. And he may not have made that one with a penis because he was about to confront his son rather than go out on an intergalactic sexcapade

>illusion
That makes no sense.

A little pee came outta me when this happened. Not sure if I liked the warping in this one or Pete's face cracking away in the first movie more.

The movie is weird in that the effects look solid in motion, but they look awful image by image. I'd attribute it to the fact that Gunn usually makes his effects work fast instead of dwelling on it, which covers up the flaws.

what is even happening here, is this real

They were fine for me when I watched it. The only one which looked bad was the OP's image, He's talking to Star-Lord as he reforms, but since he doesn't have lips all you can see is his bone jaw moving up and down, it was dumb.

See

Huh

Yes.

based

As soon as I saw this scene in the theaters I wanted images/gifs of it.

Where are these high quality screencaps coming from?

Damn it Carlos, how do you keep finding these threads.

because of his ego

The penis is not made of muscle tissue. It's composed of skin tissue and nerve endings which is inflated by a series of micro blood vessels.

IT WAS ME, PETER! I WAS THE TUMOR!

that's quite a bit of intestine

>he was about to confront his son
but that's when you need the biggest possible penis, preferably to lazily swing around in a loose bathrobe.

I don't know why this made me laugh so much.

It's tryphophobia you fucking normie.

I think you're confusing Quill with Dr. Venture.

>tfw ppl scared of this and you just want dig out all seeds.

why did ego get retconned into being a celestial?

It's not a retcon if it's an alternate universe.

These all looked so much better when they were moving around. Now they look Fan4stic levels of special effects.

This. That Holes hentai looked fucking hot. Imagine just a whole side of little holes on your gf's side that you can dig at and make her go crazy. Like giving an orgasmic backrub, finding new erogenous zones on her body and making her drool and shudder in excitement.

Hmm, I remember the special effects of Fant4stic being it's one redeeming quality. Though I'm only really remembering Ben.

Seconding the screencap question. Did someone in Asia leak it online or something?

The bomb went off next to his brain, he died instantly with no time to scream. Even the avatar just freezes in Star Lord's arms and immediately crumbles away.
Also, the movie established that he could only project his consciousness to one form at a time, and it was in the avatar when he died. The planet face couldn't move while he controlled the humanoid body.

I was thinking about the scene where Ben threw a tank turret that I can't seem to find a gif of right now.

Same

>obviously on wires
>turret just disappears as soon as the explosion effect pops up

No one laughed in my theatre. Was bretty dank imo