Why do writers insist in putting Batman in romantic relationships...

Why do writers insist in putting Batman in romantic relationships? Batman should be the last character interested in that sort of thing.

It serves to introduce another brooding angst layer of something normal he can't have, plus pairings and sex are things some readers like to see.

He still has a dick doesn't he?

>I never read Finger's Batman
>I never read O'Neil's Batman
>I never read Moench's Batman
>I never read Wein's Batman
>I never read Dini's Batman
>I never read Englehart's Batman

need I go on?

Because Catwoman keeps on returning.

Yes.

It adds personal drama to Batman stories

The real problem are the shitty ships. People ship him with a thief, with an assassin and with an amazon goddess.

Don't forget the magician but she's too good for him so I'm glad it's not used much

>she's too good for him
She mind wiped him.

Nobody's perfect

Boy, I wonder what OP is going to make of next week's issue then.

Batman's true love is Gotham City.

But seriously, although I'm fine with Batman in relationships, they never feel quite right to me. His thing with Catwoman doesn't sound like a relationship where they would marry and have kids, since Selina is mostly interested in the danger of the whole thing (as demonstrated in her Injustice 2 ending), Talia fucking raped him, and him and Wonder Woman is just a garbage pairing.
So far I'm not convinced that he would be in a really serious relationship with any of them, and maybe that's just the way it's meant to be

Is he proposing? I've heard rumours of that

>as demonstrated in her Injustice 2 ending

stopped right there. neck yourself.

Only an idiot would think DC would give King the go-ahead to do something like that.

>why does a rich stud/playboy get romances?

Just let Batman be. He doesn't need a main love interest. He can be with Vicki, Talia, Ivy or whomever and then not be in the next story.

Batman is a Mary Sue, of course he gets laid a lot.

Because Catwoman by herself is a shitty character. She has no worth other than her appeal as Batman's hot slutty love interest. So in order to justify her existence they need to push the pairing.

Those writers all introduced much more interesting love interests in their runs.

Finger introduced Catwoman. Wein used her has a love interest. So did Moench. And Dini.

I know, they still introduced better love interests in their runs.

No they didn't.

>muh headcanons

Batman has had romantic pairings from the very beginnings. Stop trying to make him into your autistic self-insert

Yes, they did. For example Dini introduced Zatanna, which had a much better dynamic. Heck, he was even going to use her in Heart of Hush before being stopped by the editor.

>implying Batman hasn't changed since the 40s

It's almost like his character didn't become more serious and edgy at all

There has never been an incarnation of a sexless Batman.

Since the reboot Batman has been mostly alone.He did fuck, though, Charlotte Rivers, who was a TV anchorwoman from Tony Daniel's Detective Comics run, and Natalya Trusevich, who was a pianist from John Layman's Detective Comics and Batman: The Dark Knight runs. Both Charlotte and Natalya were attacked, with Charlotte retiring and Natalya dying.After that bruce swore off relationships.The zatanna thing never happened in this continuity.Same with wonderbat and batgirl.
Judd Winick had Bruce and Selina as mere fuck-buddies, with Selina not even knowing or caring about finding Batman's real identity, but Winick didn't wanted this. The editors were forcing. So he left the book. In the comic proper Batman gave up on Selina after she wouldn't stop stealing or putting herself in danger, and also constantly raping him, so that was the end. She later came back during Forever Evil, but then she gave up on trying for good after being heart-broken by himand Talia is a crazy rapist.
Then there is Judie Manson in Batman, but that only happened while Bruce was without his memories. After regaining his memories he ended that shit fast.

Dini introduced Zatanna who is a worse love interest than Catwoman. But that's it. You'll come up blank for the others.

>Heck, he was even going to use her in Heart of Hush before being stopped by the editor.

Got a source?

Moench's Tec run was shit because he turned it into a soap opera. His Batman with Kelley Jones was top notch because he brought a pulpy feeling to it, and ditched all the soap opera.

It's alright as long as it doesn't turn into Tomasi's Superman or Arrow.

I'm talking about his 80's Batman run. Issue 392 is one of the best Batman standalone issues ever.

Zatanna can't be worse than Catwoman, since Catwoman is a terrible character.

Finger had Julie among other no important female characters and Kathy Kane.
O'Neil introduced Talia al Ghul, who has always been an interesting character.
Moench introduced Nocturna, who was a very interesting albeit brief character.
Englehart introduced Silver St. Cloud, who while generic was the first girl to have explicit carnal relations with Batman.

I give props for Wein's use of Catwoman, though.

Catwoman and her relationship with Batman is shit. Her fanboy just pair her with Batman because it's the only way she is remotely relevant. It's like Dick fags that want him to be Dickbats again because it's the only way he gets to be in the spotlight. I wish they would just kill Catwoman off and put her shit character out of her misery. Or maybe fuck her off to someone else's love interest.

Nobody cares about Julie Madison or old Kathy. O'Neil and Dixon are the only people who ever gave a shit about Talia and her ridiculously hammy relationship with Batman. Damian is literally the only thing that has kept her relevant for the past decade.

Nocturna was interesting and more should have been done with the character, but she was a bit too similar to Catwoman at times, who Moench's Batman still had a better dichotomy with.

Silver sucks. Not much more to say. Way too vanilla. She's Vickie Vale-tier.

Cry more.

I never understood why Batman is always paired up with villains. Apparently, assassins and thieves are only bad if they don't have a pussy.

Are we talking about the same guy who's given Two-Face a million chances to redeem himself? Also Jason Todd? The guy who accepted Riddler when he became a detective? Who thinks even the most heinous of villains deserves rehabilitation?

I mean he can't control the fact that he's attracted to dangerous women.

Because normies need to see every character they like in a relationship for some retarded reason and get confused if they're not in. It's the same reason action movies are plagued with unnecessary romance subplots.

And it's also
dare I say
heteronormativity
sorry for the tumblr shit, but it's a useful word and it doesn't apply to just fag characters, heteronormativity is why lots of characters who have personalities that would render them completely uninterested in relationships and show that most of the time can't just choose not to be in a relationship and are shoved in them anyways and it's fucking stupid

No, your term makes sense user. Batman shouldn't be interested in a relationship in a serious way considering his job and such. Catwoman is alright but she's an annoying character to me, she's all sarcastic and stuff but it comes off as just rude and she always betrays Bruce and stuff

>Talia al Ghul
>generic femme fatale
>interesting character

>considering his job and such
and personality