How powerful is the Martian Manhunter in comparison to the rest of the League?

How powerful is the Martian Manhunter in comparison to the rest of the League?

He always seemed to me like an extremely powerful character that for some reason never gets a chance to display his true might.

He's literally Superman+

That's all he is, in terms of powers.

He never gets to do anything because he's either reduced to the telepath in which case "I'll peer into his miAAAAAHHHHHH" or he jobs instantly so the rest of the team can do things.

So, he's the mightiest member of the JL?

Until someone lights a match.

Depending on continuity sometimes MM is completely invulnerable to fire and the "weakness" is a purely psychological fear.

I get the feeling a lot of writers hate him given that hes another OP alien on the team and his weakness is fucking fire. I like J'onn, and wish he wasnt pushed to the sidelines this much.

>How powerful is the Martian Manhunter in comparison to the rest of the League?

Well one time he had a fight with al of them and he was kicking the shit out of them. Turned out they weren't actually fighting. The league was standing in the street thinking they were fighting him because he was mind controlling them while he got on with other things.

Most people don't realize he's a pacifist.

He's supposed to basically be a monk.

He's got all the power of Superman but also powers most well-suited to non-violence: telepathy, invisibility, intangibility, invulnerability, and shape-shifting.

Fire is a HUGE weakness though.

Plastic Man is stronger

Especially when the other big dick alien on the planet has HEAT VISION.

there should be a piece of content with Firefly dealing against MMH

Not to mention J'onn mentally jobs just as hard as Professor X on occasion

The weakness only accounts for actual fire. MM himself has heat vision.

Lego Batman 3. The villains bring Firefly specifically to deal with Martian Manhunter.

He can defeat every single one pretty handily. Which is probably why he jobs super hard in the JL cartoon, since he would take care of physical threats pretty quickly. His fire weakness has been changed as well, now it's only a weakness to magic fire, so he's even more powerful

Flash can move faster than thought and speedblitz him
Wonder Woman is immune to mind control and illusions as long as she has her lasso so then it's just a matter of brawling against the intangible shapeshifter with Martian strength
Plastic Man is a pretty hard counter to him though

>Overpowered af character's only weakness is fire
>Overpowered af character's only weakness is a green piece of rock

Why though...that's just lazy.

Agility
Astral Projection
Berserker Strength
Blast Power
Chameleon
Density Control
Elasticity
Empathy
Flight
Force Field
Healing
Hypnosis
Ice Breath
Illusion Casting
Intellect
Invisibility
Invulnerability
Leadership
Levitation
Longevity
Phasing / Ghost
Possession
Psionic
Psychic
Shape Shifter
Size Manipulation
Stamina
Stealth
Super Sight
Super Smell
Super Speed
Super Strength
Technopathy
Telekinesis
Telepathy
Unarmed Combat

Yeah? And Gentleman Ghost should be Deadman's arch rival.

this list is gay

Hypnosis and Empathy, for example, are just lesser forms of Telepathy

Why can't Deadman interact with the world when GG can?

Tell that to Ultraman's penetrated chest...

Or Sinestro's arm...

It's hard to write him 'cuz he is so OP. .

Holy fuck.. Martian Manhunter is terrifying.

Doesn't stop people from writing Superman

He is much more OP than Superman, bro. Supes at least have foes in the same level and can change some punchs with other heroes. MM can just shut down everyone mind.

What do you do when you have a magic ring that can conjure up incredibly powerful constructs, and you have to fight a Superman-tier hero with mind control powers? Fly up and try to punch him in the face, of course.

Sinestro deserved to have his arm broken.

I like that alternate version of Superman.

Why is it lazy?

Less that and more that Plas is a hard counter to everything MM can do. Immune to mind control, molecular control negates MM's phasing, equal in terms of shapeshifting.

Imagine Superman, then make him a telepathic shapeshifter, that can go through walls, but then give him the most debilitating weakness in comics.

I kinda wish they brought up the whole burning Martian thing again.

He's Superman who is also psychic, and a shapeshifter, and super smart,

But has a weakness more common than silver age kryptonite

N'arghhh.

Every time I've seen his powers explained in comics or cartoons they always, ALWAYS, compare his powers to Superman levels. Then add shapeshifter, telepath, and intangibility.

He can take down alone the whole JLA. The only one that can counter him is Plastic-man.

...So? Having a power than can kill you doesn't mean it can't kill you when someone else uses it.

Doesn't matter how powerful you are when your weakness is fire.

>equal in terms of shapeshifting

Hardly. Plastic man can literally turn into anything. MM can't shapeshift into things with moving parts.

>Flash can move faster than thought

Isn't speed of thought just like 260 miles per second. Nothing compared to the speed of light.

Exactly. A telepath can't do shit to someone who moves faster than they can think

MM can change his mass, Plas cannot. That makes it a wash to me.

Well, yeah. He, Supes, and Aquaman are technically the three most powerful beings on Earth in terms of physical strength. Aquaman being the strongest native lifeform on Earth.
Wonder Woman may be stronger than Aquaman these days, I haven't kept up on her post-Flashpoint to know for certain.

Technically, J'onn should be the pinnacle of ridiculous. But he's balanced by a mundane weakness, and a tendency to not want to use his full power. Much like Superman. I guess he's just hard to market somehow.

I'm scared of fire. Let me shoot some out of my eyes!

You realize that heat vision isn't fire vision right?

He is the scariest thing on planet Earth right now.

Early Nu52 actually took on all members of the League at the same time.
Then he jobbed to Zod in 1 page.
Then he spent another page thinking if he really is vulnerable to fire, afraid of it or just crazy.

Turns out now he IS crazy. He created the lore, background and history of how he is a living weapon. Went back in time. Threaten ghe Earth with a living moon, nearly crashed Mars to Earth all to realize HE MADE IT ALL UP.

The guy is the next Monarch right now.

Why is Humanity so weak when individuals from every other race in the galaxy have Godly powers?

Canonically?
We have thing for E.L.Es

Why are the Lantern Corps so stupid about how they use their rings?

plastic man can summon the spirit of uncle sam