So what did you guys think of the latest season?

So what did you guys think of the latest season?

I personally loved all of the callbacks to the rest of the series. Even though Karl planning Julien to meet Koto was an asspull (and I think they even pointed that out), it felt tightly plotted. Even some of the darker, weirder turns like Mort being a multidimensional devourer or Julien's plot in Episode 10 didn't feel too out of place. I know there's another season coming, but I'd be fine with the show ending there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7lhssNE5iek
cynopsis.com/051017-behind-the-poptropica-reboot-a-new-game-for-king-julien/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It really highlights how Ted is their favorite character.
They don't even bother to address that there's no logical way he could have been there, he just is.

>look up show
>There's 5 seasons
Oh

So is Karl canon gay or what?

I mean, he has a boyfriend.

Yeah. I'll admit I was a little disappointed that Willie turned out to be alive after showing up in the afterlife. Kinda killed the gag.

Yeah, and so is Ted.

>Karl planning Julien to meet Koto was an asspull >(and I think they even pointed that out)
Karl lied about how important he is?
Stop the fucking presses.

He hid in the sub to get away from the mountain lemurs.

DWATV just kind of quietly performing on Netflix.
They have the 12 shows they've been paid to make and a handful of their shows are due to finish later this year.

Like yeah, I guess that can happen, he does disappear during the last act of Unking Me, but it still seems like blatant favoritism.
Especially in the later half when Pancho is removed from the picture leaving just Julien, Maurice and Ted.

To be fair, they're three production seasons, just awkwardly split into five seasons.

Weren't we supposed to get at least a couple more seasons of Puss in Boots? It's been dead silent regarding that show since last year.

Yeah, I would assume it also gets 78 episodes so we'll be seeing the last two seasons this summer and this winter.

On the plus side, it's clearly going to be the case now that Clover isn't missing from Madagascar 1 because she's dead but because she eloped with Sage.

Clover and Sage's arcs were probably my favorite this season. I liked how they ended up learning from each other and how it actually ended up making their possible romantic relationship work.

Also, I think the only thing from Mitch Watson's podcast discussion that wasn't realized this season was Frank Welker as Mort's grandfather, so we'll probably see him next season.

What the fuck is wrong with you people, why are you watching this.

It's surprisingly entertaining and well-written, particularly for being the spin-off of a movie series I don't give a shit about.

Because there was a king named Julien, who's kingdom all did Hail
youtu.be/7lhssNE5iek

I can't wait to hear this in Polish.

It's not every day an episodic comedy is convinced by the network to make an entire season into one 13-part continual story following 3 different concurrent story arcs.
It's academically interesting.

Apparently, it was originally pitched as a serialized Game of Thrones parody:

cynopsis.com/051017-behind-the-poptropica-reboot-a-new-game-for-king-julien/

So, there are flaccid lemur dick or not?

i wonder what Madagascar 4 will be about.

Best scene

>watching cartoons on Sup Forums
fucking insane, right?

>look up show
>no penguins in sight
>good

The fuck you guys on about

Clover is the closest they have to fill out their role.

Also, the Penguins already had their own show.

Decent start and middle. Garbage ending.

How so?

They probably wanted more than a super happy now everything can go back to normal ending.

I haven't seen anything of the Madagascar franchise since the original film. What the fuck?

Four movies, it's kind of one of Dreamworks' big franchises.
Albeit, maybe one of the lesser ones.
So when Netflix gave them a bunch of money to make whatever, they figured a Madagascar prequel couldn't hurt anything.

And the prequel series is just taking a nosedive into madness basically?

More or less.
They got the showrunner who worked on Mystery Inc on board so they asked him to try making the show more like Mystery Inc for one season.

It seems like Dreamworks really improved their TV shows from Dragons onwards.

That sounds pretty fantastic honestly

Netflix encouraged them to make all their shows serialized.

Also >yfw Mort was "The One".

Yeah. That's why I was sad Beware the Batman (same showrunner) was cancelled after only one season. I wanted to see where they took that with more.

Clover is a top tier waifu.

those sirens when they sing

Season 5?
Damn

I love this because defeating Julien by proxy doesn't even sound like something he would do.