Wonder Woman

Did you see it coming?
Also, How do you feel about the "Gods=Kryptonians" theory after this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

looper.com/67315/wonder-woman-doesnt-single-deleted-scene-says-director/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was spoiled for me by the news that Thewlis was playing Ares. When I saw him in the trailer, I knew.

I didn't care after Suicide Squad so I went in without any expectations, but I saw it coming when he started pushing the armistice

yeah I saw it coming. He had just a bit too much screentime and the movie needed another twist

So why does he look so different in the merch? Was it meant to be misleading, or was it based off an early design?

Misleading

Everyone saw it coming.

Kinda the super wimpy guy being the big bad is a pretty common thing

what I didn't see coming was this mother fucker

Why did this movie get such great reviews? It really wasn't all that good and WW's accent annoyed the fuck out of me. But like seriously, it was less interesting than MoS if you ask me.

The way he made the eyeholes for his helm was metal.

I didn't mind her accent, but I sure as fuck couldn't get past all the white women actresses trying to match it on her home island. They kept on slipping into British. Same goes for most of the German characters!

Can I say how much better the "British Politician" was than the roman armor thing.

Like I know he looks like taht in the comics but its a shitty and clique design.

The spooky british officer being able to turn the lasso back on wonder woman was awseome.

I honestly don't understand why people harp on the accent. It ain't hard to imagine that a society of isolated islanders would talk funny, though admittedly, I couldn't tell you what a Themysciran accent ought to sound like.

In fact, the comics have once or twice mentioned she has an exotic accent, but we obviously don't hear it.

It looked cool at first but I'm happy they changed it

>I couldn't tell you what a Themysciran accent ought to sound like.
I always figured given the Greek origin there would at least be a hint of that accent.

Like, a solid 6.5. There were some editing/flow problems in the end and beginning, felt like something was cut. Also, I felt like the ending message wasn't very coherent. "No they aren't worthy, but it's not about them but what I believe." And then she's talking about they all have light and shadow in them. Why not something like, "Yes, they have good and bad in them, but the good is worth protecting."

But when she charged the German Line, that was pretty good.

"Oh shit, the lady we've cast as Wonder Woman has an accent"

"Quick, someone hire a dialect coach, they need to match our star!"

"this is too hard we'll just half-ass it, no one will notice"

I was honestly surprised when it turned out that he was Ares but from my understanding the wiki page for the movie actually spoils who it was.

It's not about what you deserve, it's what you believe in

My female friends were FERAL after we watched the movie.

They kept on rambling how WW was the best capeshit film they've seen on normiebook(tbf they've only prolly seen like 3 capeshit films in their life)

Guess this shows why representation really matters.

Movie is a 8.3/10 for me. I'm wondering how this'll affect JL and the DCEU's future desu

I saw it coming, he seemed far too nice and Ludendorff was far too evil

>Kryptonians are god's
Get out of here with that bullshit, unless superman has access to lightning powers and the ability to bend matter to your will, there is nothing supporting that theory

She's ancient Greek tho. Shakespeare isn't like modern English for example.

Spoiled for me, but I think the film did a good job of burying the lead

She said she could speak 18 languages right? Why does a fuckin accent matter then?

honestly surprised me, I was expecting it to be the Luddendorff but im kinda glad they went with him manipulating behind the scenes and shit

Eh, he's British so there was always a chance he was gonna be a villain. Didn't help that he's antagonist on another show right now.

>unless superman has access to lightning powers and the ability to bend matter to your will
I'm sure he has at some point.

once "armistice" was in the plot, I knew it was the Brit.

I just thought it sounded ugly. It was hoarse and did really mesh with the iconic WW vibe i was expecting.

I thought Superman's sacrifice was gonna be mentioned at the end of the movie? Inspiring Diana to be a hero again.

A lot of the dialogue, to me, felt like placeholder dialogue put in until the writer(s) could come up with something better, but then ran out of time and said fuck it. It was super cliche and uninspired.

It still wasn't nearly as bad as MARTHA or THIS IS KATANA.

No and it's strange because I saw the King Candy is actually Turbo thing miles away in Wreck it Ralph

that would be too obvious. Now it all blends well with Superman v Batman. If Justice League has even more connections to BvS, I'd say that this may have been intended for people to piece the puzzle while watching.

why didn't Steve just fly the plane into the ocean, the gas was on a timer

He should have never changed.

Staying a calm, collected, manipulative, literal moustache twirling Ares that can teleport, become intangible, lighting and having control over weapons of war?

Great

WWE Ebil Spartan?
poo

Her naivety was charming throughout the movie, she came off as really innocent. Makes sense that as time went on, war after war, she would grow cynical of mankind up until BvS.

The same reason Captain America didn't safely land the plane he was in full control of. The plot demanded it.

I actually didn't. I knew that the General (what was up with him?) wasn't Ares but it was still a shock.

I'm really not a fan of the "Gods = Kryptonians" theory, let the DCEU big huge with all gods, aliens, and metas all running around. Also, during Diana's final fight with Ares, she manages to redirect lightning back at him. Is that an ability she's got in the comics? And that moment where Diana gives in to her rage and starts slaughtering the soldiers, was that her god mode or was that a berserker rage or what? Basically. how does Diana's (demi) godhood work?

Cap had a damaged plane and crashed, Steve didn't.

Chris Pine wanted to go back to space, not stay on Earth.

>Mfw Steve and Diana

WW powers have a root heritage in bondage, remove her bondage and she gains Broly mode, i.e. her bracers.

but that didn't happen in the movie

Spock literally stops the holodeck simulation after getting creeped out of Kirk's new Waifu

>these stupid fucking normies enjoyed this film
>they don't know shit
>fake nerds are ruining movies forever
>10/10, I really liked it

Got me to reply

Is there a reason they cut WW origin of winning a contest and winning the bracers?

Time. Lots was cut. There was a whole PTSD horrors of war type of shit introduced by Snyder that was cut.

it was probably all BS meta dream crap that he put in the other films so I can see why that was cut.

The contest isn't always part of the origin. It's like Superman's superboy days, some versions have it, some don't.
And it never made sense anyway. Wonder Woman is stronger than all the other Amazons save maybe Hippolyta. No contest would ever be fair with in it.

It was relating to the Spudge character.

she wasn't always stronger, she had to prove herself.

Because he wanted to make a WWI Saving Private Ryan instead of a Wonder Woman movie

I did like how she couldn't beat Ares with things like rage and bloodlust, as it just made him stronger. It was her love and admiration for Steve that gave her the power she needed. Nice throwback to the whole 'power of love' thing her comics have had over the years.

Stop with the bullshit

What, does he join the White Walkers in the latest season or something? I dropped the show after they basically destroyed Stannis' character a couple of seasons ago.

So, we were either going to get Saving Private Wonder Woman or Wonder Woman and the Howling Commandos?

>I'm sure he has at some point.

Only after he lived in the sun for over ten thousand years

>It's so frustrating that people made up the rumor that the film is a disjointed mess. It's been so even keel and steady. It's been such an opposite experience.

Yeah okay. Someone is telling lies that your film is paced like shit. Not a single deleted scene? Try cutting out half of the child-Diana shit, at least half of the Steve-holding-Diana-face-to-face-and-stuttering, fuck off with your 'Look! Chief's sending smoke signals!' bullshit, and give the spotlight back to THE TITLE CHARACTER

Script, dumbdumb.

Best and most convincing romance I've seen in cape films so far. Their snowfall dance scene was great.

Also, does anyone know the song that plays when Diana starts rage-killing the German soldiers during her fight with Ares? The background goes all orange and red and semi-blurry while it happens.

No not at all. I legit was waiting for Danny Huston to transform into his final form and was worried that the movie wouldn't have a final boss fight.

The twist got me good. Bravo Johns.

Action Reaction I believe

well, man of steel, bvs, and jl are implied to be/supposedly a trilogy

Yeah but every Hollywood superhero movie has to end with a big stupid video game boss fight and British man wouldn't work for that.

Wonder Woman in the comics is repeatedly said to have an accent.

Hey, I don't mind if WW has one or not, but the rest of the cast that are supposed to have accents had better be consistent with them.

They effectively did the tournament when they had her beat everyone during training with the blast, but I would have liked a formal one.

I got spoiled of his identity but I didn't expect him to go fully armored + throw/materialize medieval weapons and shit which was really cool.
Actually watching the film I thought he'd remain in his Harry Potter form and keep using using telekinesis and shit.

Girlfriend leaned over to me in his first scene.

"Doesn't he play a bad guy in every movie he's in?"

He played Lupin from Harry Potter.

>"Gods=Kryptonians" theory

Even under a yellow sun, Kryptonians can't do half the shit Ares does. Gods, aliens and metahumans are all be independent of eachothers.

Enchantress, her brother, Diablo, and Ares are all shown being able to do magical things. Kryptonians use technology to achieve miracles, but the god-like beings are able to do those things without tools.

Why isn't Chris Pine Hal Jordan?

Christ, they had a great GL they could have tossed in at the end of Justice League or something.

Also this the first DC movie that actually feels like Geoff Johns got at all involved.

To be honest no I didn't. I honestly thought the twist was there would be no Ares involvement. Like Ares would appear go "they do this shit all by themselves, see ya".

Hell I was so sure that I believed Ares was actually Zeus, and the twist was Diana was Ares creations, which would explain the battle lust she had.

In another thread someone suggested that instead of dying he got the ring there and was transported to Oa. I dig it.

Why did Ludendorff want to fly his gas plane to London when Paris is much closer and the French are the greater threat than the British?

He's the current bad in Fargo. When he first appeared and stuttered in the movie all I could see was the big bad wolf.

cliché child, get you some book learnin'