It took four movies for the DCEU to make a movie about a hero who actually wants to save people

It took four movies for the DCEU to make a movie about a hero who actually wants to save people.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ise1XcxOidQ
youtu.be/V3-h4Y0exk4?t=1m56s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you

Better late than never.

Is the movie actually good? And I don't mean halfassed acceptable, at least Lego Batman or better?

It took this long to get a movie that didnt have Snyder's or WB corporate interference all over it

very good, if you know your world history well.

Also, it's the best Holodeck simulation of WWI ever done by a Starfleet Captain.

Havent seen Lego Batman but Wonder Woman is legit capekino. It's the first DCEU movie to 100% understand it's character and it deserves high marks for that alone.

It would have been so easy for them to push Xena Wonder Woman on us like DC and Snyder was but they stuck to the source material.

>Implying Kirk would run a holodeck simulation.
>especially JJKirk

And it only took like six tries for a female-led comic book movie that doesn't blow ass. That's nice.

Its better than Thor 2, and worse than Ant-Man.

More or less on Doctor Strange tier.

>capekino

False you stupid fucking retard.
Clark wanted to save people his whole life hence his argument with Pa in the car prior to the tornado sequence.
The only thing that held him back was the far that more death would ensue around the world by his existence.

It's okay.

This.
The moment you get Clark on Earth you have him go on the oil rig, then stop the man harassing the waitress in that snack bar.

6.5/10. Had its problems (editing and flow in the beginning and end of the movie) and kinda incoherent about the message it wanted to convey about how Diana feels. But Diana's naivety was pretty adorable, and the scene where she charged the German trench was actually cool.

>produced by snyder
>written by snyder
keep telling yourself he had nothing to do with this though

>rewritten by Johns on set
>retcons the "muh hope lost on humanity" from BvS

It's amazing how Snyderniggers want to claim this movie so hard. Jenkins and Johns made this movie. Snyder just set the wheels in motion.

>Diana i

I know, I got emotional too.

It's refreshing for once to see a superhero act like a superhero. We live in an age where every capeshit hero needs to have a dark past to explain why they fight crime. Every hero is reluctant at first to use their powers for good and needs to be convinced it isn't so bad. Even fucking DCEU Superman has doubts about helping people. This is a symptom of our current sociopathic society.

It truly was charming to see Diana have an intense need for saving people and bringing peace to the world like a fucking superhero should.

you're not that bright aren't you?

She still lost hope in humanity. WW2 still happened.

Superman's death in BvS, which was thought to be meaningless now has meaning thanks to WW.

I'm a DCEU fag. Loved MoS and BvS. Thought SS was a mess. WW was pretty solid, though. Basically a Marvel movie in DC clothing, but with better character relationships. Villain was still shit, though.

You butthurt with the guy is pretty childish. Johns isn't credit nowhere for the movie, but you guys keep on this theory that Johns, who never understood Wonder Woman, rewrote the entire thing on the set and saved the movie.

This is funny, coming from the guy that is defending Snyder, who never understood any super hero, somehow was responsable. Even worse when it is know that the movie was changed after the reception of BvS.

>who never understood any super hero

MoS and BvS prove you wrong.

Now, look at the snydercuck coming up with headcanons that contradict the movie. Keep going.

>MoS and BvS prove him right.

Fixed it for you, most people aparently agree.

>The movie where Superman is depressed about being Superman
>The movie where Batman kills
>The movie where Wonder Woman loses hope in humanity

Yes he totally understands superheros.

it doesn't contradict the movie. If you've read History, Ares won the long fight. The Armistice pushed through and WW2 happened, thus Diana lost faith in Humanity.

>the movie where Superman is feeling unfairly persecuted but still do what is right
>the movie where Batman regain hope in heroism and is redeemed by Superman's sacrifice
>the movie where Wonder Woman regain her hope on mankind and goes back to be a hero

how much you want to bet they retcon those killings out

N-not t-true!

>the movie where Wonder Woman regain her hope on mankind and goes back to be a hero
this guy

>I will ruin the characters, for them to go back to the regular usual status quo that everybody wanted to begin with (ignoring the fact that what is done is done)

if you hadn't noticed, WW happens near WW1's end, and if you were actually paying attention to your History classes, It's the armistice that eventually leads to WW2.

But that's the Wonder Woman movie.

That's also what happens in BvS. Huh.

None of the characters were ruined, though. Maybe Batman.

Now it all blends well with Superman v Batman. If Justice League has even more connections to BvS, I'd say that this may have been intended for people to piece the puzzle while watching.

But it didn't.

Yes, it id. If you can't see that i don't know what to say to you. What do you think was her arc in the that movie?

the main DCEU movies might be more cohesive than the MCU in terms of how tightly-knit each movie is to the other.

Snyderman is already know as the uncharismatic balding man that was a virgin until 33, with a dad that rants about dying horses and let himself be killed in front of him.

in a different movie

top kek

Nice meme.

>the main DCEU movies might be more cohesive than the MCU in terms of how tightly-knit each movie is to the other.
>This delusion

Suicide Squad showed that they cant even be consistent in a single movie.

With WW I have hopes that the DCEU might become better, but you sound like a damn fanatical fanboy.

Who gives a flying fuck about saving a dozen people in a war that cost 38 million lives.

Everything that he said is objective truth.

Or do you think that Clark isnt balding? Or virgin until 33? Or that he halucination in the form of his dad (that died by his own will in front of him) ranted about dying horses?

The thematic themes and character evolution has been consisted from movie to movie.

Themes like trust and people being flawed but still capable of good.

Zero reason to think he is a virgin, he had plenty of charisma & freindlyness to the bar girl & Lois

Don¨t forget all that Plato shit. And baby making.

>Or do you think that Clark isnt balding?
Not an argument.

>Or virgin until 33?
Not an argument.

>Or that he halucination in the form of his dad (that died by his own will in front of him) ranted about dying horses?
Flew faster than a speeding bullet right over your head didn't it?

Characters aren't fucking ruined because they are made humanized & flawed.
Ultimate Thor & Iron man are perfectly valid likable versions of themselves.
(So is ultimate cap if you actually payed attention and don't buy into the bullshit racist meme)

>has been consisted from movie to movie.
But WW contradicts a lot from BvS, and basicaly retcons WW arc on it.

It really doesn't.

of course Suicide Squad was bound to be tepid bullshit. It's introducing fucking villains as heroes and not part of the trinity.

If you take out Suicide Squad, the progression and connection is more pronounced. >people being flawed but still capable of good.
This I think is what DCEU's main theme seems to be.

Not everything is as clear-cut as Diana thinks it's supposed to be.

You're ignoring the fact that World War 2 happens in this universe, right?

>Not an argument.

>Say that Snyderman is the balding Superman
>nigga gets triggered
>repeats that it is the objective truth, he can look at Cavil
>nigga says "not an argument"

What is wrong with you mate?

Why are you obsessed with a grown man's hairline? Are you gay?

Ben Affleck said in an interview right around the time Johns was announced as heading the DC movies that WB was done with trying to do unique takes on the character make them more like the versions people know them as. If WW is an example of this, I can't wait for Superman's return.

>JL gets their ass kicked by Steppenwolf
>all hope is lost
>suddenly, Flight by Hans Zimmer starts playing
>like a bat out of hell, Superman breaks the sonic barrier and knocks Steppenwolf the fuck out

K I N O

This sir, is not an argument.

But LOL LE SNYDERMAN IZ BALD totally is, right?

Sounds shit if you're making those comparisons.

If they do this with the Solar Suit and the Mullet, I'm going to cry when it does happen.

I think that you don't know what an "argument" is. Saying that Snyderman is know as the balding Superman is not an argument, is a fact, because he IS the balding Superman, you can look at him.

How in the hell you answer an objective observation with "not an argument" is the real mystery.

Isn't Johns one of the producers? I remember seeing his name somewhere during the credits

Ok, but my question is, why do you fucking care if he's balding or not? It's inconsequential. Stupid thing to nitpick about.

>yfw they adapt Rebirth into DCEU to explain away the tone change.

It's not boring. Only the last fight kinda drags, but it's over before you know it.
It says a lot about Jenkins that the quiet moments are usually the most enjoyable ones (and I mean this as a good thing). We need more movies with the heart of this one, but without the excess of CGI. It's not great, but it could be a step in the right direction. Too bad it's too late to fix Justice League.

>Ok, but my question is, why do you fucking care if he's balding or not?
It looks stupid.

>BVS has Batman save sex slaves
>Batman saves Superman's mom
>"WAAH DCEU HEROES DON'T SAVE"

youtu.be/Ise1XcxOidQ

is there a webm where she charges into the battle for the first time?

This is why I love Kamala Khan

There's an entire montage in Batman vs Superman where Superman saves people and in Man of Steel Superman gets beaten around by Faora and Nam-Ek because he's trying to save soldiers caught in the fight.

Yet people still think they don't save people because Superman is rightly conflicted because people are asking whether he should be helping them or not.

>sacrifice
>flies screaming into a CGI monster after Lois magically knows she needs the green stick

It's funny how in WW, everyone is cheering Diana on for doing the right thing, but flash-forward 80 years later, people look at Superman with suspicion. At least DCEU keeps their tone and ideas consistent, know what I mean?

>TOS
>Holodeck

The key word is 'want'

It's very much established by Snydercucks that Batman is more interested in torturing criminals than saving civilians. He only took interest in Martha's situation because of his childhood trauma. That is not a man who is looking out for the greater good like Diana is.

youtu.be/V3-h4Y0exk4?t=1m56s

Except for that civillian tanker driver, I guess.
He can go fuck himself.

well, given that most of those people are dead, and will die given that they've fucking signed the Armistice... It's very consistent

>hmmm this green rock hurts my boyfriend really bad
>that monster seems to have the same strength level and heat vision as him, it can even fly too
>maybe this green rock will have the same effect on the monster?

Yeah, it's dumb that he thinks he needs to drag the characters through the mud to then put them right where they should've started to begin with.
He just shows us completely unfamiliar versions of the characters that go through shit in order to end up being the characters we were all familiar with before watching the movie. That is just stupid storytelling.

Superman was hailed as a fucking hero after saving the world. It was Lex fabrications and the media jumping on the Superman hot-issue that made it look like people were suspicious of Superman, which in turn fed into the bias some of the people had against Superman, which ironically made them perfect pawns Lex could manipulate. But in reality Superman was always a hero and regarded as a hero. People were just led astray by Lex's pessimism and machinations for a bit.

Lex should have been Godfrey in the movie. Such a missed opportunity.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make here?

Batman had lost hope in heroism, that is why. He couldn't see himself any different from the criminals he had spend his life trying to stop. So that's why he wanted to make a more permanent mark.

Either way, he's redeemed by Superman's heroism.

Ok so you admit he isn't interested in saving people.

Wonder Woman in her movie also go through the mud and is shown to be wrong about her initial convictions.

Spock Prime did help advance federation tech in that timeline.

futhermore, the movie ends up a Phyrric victory, because we all know what happens after.

That portrayal of Lex confuses the fuck out of me. Bats I was okay with, WW I'm totally sold on thanks to her movie, Superman they continually fuck up due to having zero faith in the character, but Lex? Who thought that was a good idea, Jesus

Basically, they decided that Lex, the oil mogul, needed to be updated to a Silicon Valley cunt.

my fear is that her cute smile and overall adorableness is making people overlook her horrible acting ability

In this day and age, businessman, 1% Lex should strike more of a chord than ever. If they'd stop fucking up Clark, he would too.

It's mostly because Lex role in the movie was of a wolf in ship clothing, basically a these new Silicon Valley type businessmen that like to pass this image of good Samaritans that want to save the world with their products. Guys like Steve Jobs and such.

It fit the whole idea of Lex trying to pass himself off as a good guy worried about the world while he creates fabrications to ruin Superman reputation and use everyone around him as a pawn for his schemes.

But even on his "vilanous" moments he still looks like a silly patethic fuck, and the worst Lex in live action.

I like the roof scene.

Honestly, this continual movie Clark is Barry Allen.

Both the Justice League and Young Justice cartoons handled samaritan Lex admirably. BvS did not.

It's just because you prefer the confident and suave Lex. While BvS was going for a non-threatening, but friendly Lex who gives off creepy vibes, like some Zuckerberg motherfucker.