Sup Forums Trivia thread

>There was originally going to be an Alvin and the Chipmunks adult movie planned, called "The Chipmunks and Chippetes" it was an attempt to cash-in on Bakshi's films. Featuring scenes such as Alvin and a jamaican prostitue smoking weed (while he wears a reggae hat), The Chipettes engaging on a girl's nightout, and a love triangle between Jeanette, Britney and Alvin (with one scene regarding around some hijinks ensuing between Britney and Alvin mid-sex). The film wasn't greenlit (concept art on pic related)

>Joe Weltjens, he creator of Diesel, the JoJo knock-off actually had some "good intention". Joe was a fan of the JoJo OVA after acquiring from a pen-pal in Japan whom worked as assistant for Akira Toriyama, and wanted to localize the manga. However with the copyright over musical names, it was almost impossible to do such a thing, so he decided to create Diesel as a way to bring JoJo to american territory.

>A Gargoyles world was almost added in the 1st Kingdom Hearts but it fell through when the people that were responsible for Greg Weissman's (creator of Gargoyles) contact with Square co. were laid off.

>Ken Watanabe, Guillermo del Toro and JJ Abarms were all names that were once attached for Genndy's attempt at reviving Samurai Jack with a live-action film

>There were plans for a Evil Dead animated series but layouts on the animation studio and Raimi's commitment to Drag to Hell lead the project to eventual cancellation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rtAOD96RXPE
youtube.com/watch?v=rtAOD96RXPE
youtube.com/watch?v=gWOvcIYd7IU
youtube.com/watch?v=nljYRAOLtJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

These trivias are too charming and funny to be real.

Diesel I'll buy but who thought Adult Alvin would ever work

>One of the first footages of the North Tower on the World Trade Center collapsing during 9/11 was recorded by Sam Riegel, the voice actor for Phoenix Wright, Donatello and Teddy in Persona 4. He recalls being trapped in a dust cloud after the collapse of the South Tower but making it to safety on Battery Park

>Chris Sabat (Vegeta's VA) often fucks with Sean Schemmel (Goku's VA) for his OCD. He recalls once hiring a group of people to subtly fuck with Sean and his disorder. He recalls Sean arriving worried at the DBKai recording sessions saying "Chris, you ain't gonna believe this, but its freaky. My clothes were disarranged, the towels kept changing color and there are fucking kazoos in some of my pockets"

>When Ryan Drummond learned that his negotiations with 4Kids fell through, he decided to tutor Jason Griffith to handle the voice of Sonic. This established a friendship to the point where Griffith invited Drummond to his wedding.

>Albert Wesker's voice was inspired by that of George Sanders' Shere Kahn performange. As Richard Waugh (Wesker throughout Code Veronica to RE4) was inspired by the fact his kids were avid on the movie. DC Douglas (Wesker in RE5) watched Jungle Book more than 10 times in order to attempt to grasp Sanders' manneirisms as Kahn for inspiration.

>John Cena and Neil Patrick Harris tried auditioning for the role of Ron Stoppable in Kim Possible. Had Cena got the role, he would've never had the wrestling career he has today.

>Peter Cullen based his performance as Optimus Prime per his brother's suggestion. A retired captain from the marines, Peter's brother Larry commented: "Peter, don't be a Hollywood hero, be a real hero. Real heroes don't yell and act tough; they are tough enough to be gentle, so control yourself."

>Tom Kenny was inspired to make his Spongebob voice based around a dwarf complaining how he had to work on christmas on a department store dressed as an elf.

>The john Cena one
Im gonna need a citation for this one

>Mark Millar made a script called "The Rape of Wonder Woman" which was to be a script akin to Death of Superman where it would open into a gatefold to the end similarly to the prior-mentioned comic showing a sobbing Diana.

>Brian Michael Bendis originally wanted to do a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" with Ultimatum but the editors just wanted to end the Ultimate imprint and followed Jeph Loeb's vision for the event.

>Zone-Sama and Katie Rice worked on Ren and Stimpy's Adult Party. Arin Hanson was also an animation director on the animated Axe Cop but left early due to creative differences commenting on the Game Grumps sub-reddit that it was "one of the worst experiences he was ever in"

>Stan Lee was impressed by Go Nagai's skill in drawing and commented on how he holds the same regards to him as Kirby and Romita. Nagai was pen pals with Lee and was responsible for several covers for Marvel's Star Wars comics in Japan.

>Tom Kenny was inspired to make his Spongebob voice based around a dwarf complaining how he had to work on christmas on a department store dressed as an elf.
Don't you fuckin lie to me, he reappropriated the voice he did for the dwarf in the convention episode of Mission Hill, which he said was inspired by the actual Ewok actors.

>>There were plans for a Evil Dead animated series but layouts on the animation studio and Raimi's commitment to Drag to Hell lead the project to eventual cancellation

FUUUUUUCK

>>Tom Kenny was inspired to make his Spongebob voice based around a dwarf complaining how he had to work on christmas on a department store dressed as an elf.

They were auditioning for a department store commercial

Video for curious

youtu.be/rtAOD96RXPE

youtube.com/watch?v=rtAOD96RXPE

Where is you god now?

>Chris Sabat (Vegeta's VA) often fucks with Sean Schemmel (Goku's VA) for his OCD. He recalls once hiring a group of people to subtly fuck with Sean and his disorder. He recalls Sean arriving worried at the DBKai recording sessions saying "Chris, you ain't gonna believe this, but its freaky. My clothes were disarranged, the towels kept changing color and there are fucking kazoos in some of my pockets"
Holy fuck

I chortled.

I laughed so hard it gave me a fucking headache

>Alvin with a jamaican hoe
Wait, so a normal-sized chipmunk fucked a human prostitute? Does Alvin shove himself inside her cunt or something?

this was during the Chipmunk Adventure era so they were more human sized
also trying to google anything to back up OP's claim, that pic is a sketch from one of the artists that worked on that movie

>A Gargoyles world was almost added in the 1st Kingdom Hearts but it fell through when the people that were responsible for Greg Weissman's (creator of Gargoyles) contact with Square co. were laid off.
Square does it again!

>Zone-Sama worked on Ren and Stimpy's Adult Party
Source for this??? This would have been over 15 years ago

I googled this and google literally only brings up this Sup Forums thread from right now. Fake!

>There was originally going to be an Alvin and the Chipmunks adult movie planned, called "The Chipmunks and Chippetes" it was an attempt to cash-in on Bakshi's films. Featuring scenes such as Alvin and a jamaican prostitue smoking weed (while he wears a reggae hat), The Chipettes engaging on a girl's nightout, and a love triangle between Jeanette, Britney and Alvin (with one scene regarding around some hijinks ensuing between Britney and Alvin mid-sex). The film wasn't greenlit (concept art on pic related)
Now I'll always want this and I'm pissed because I'll never get it.

>When Ryan Drummond learned that his negotiations with 4Kids fell through, he decided to tutor Jason Griffith to handle the voice of Sonic. This established a friendship to the point where Griffith invited Drummond to his wedding.

Griffith still didn't get it, but I commend Ryan for trying.

>>One of the first footages of the North Tower on the World Trade Center collapsing during 9/11 was recorded by Sam Riegel, the voice actor for Phoenix Wright, Donatello and Teddy in Persona 4. He recalls being trapped in a dust cloud after the collapse of the South Tower but making it to safety on Battery Park

I remember he mentioned this on the podcast he does with Liam.

>>Mark Millar made a script called "The Rape of Wonder Woman" which was to be a script akin to Death of Superman where it would open into a gatefold to the end similarly to the prior-mentioned comic showing a sobbing Diana.

When did miller pen this? was it back in the 90s or recently when he started revving up the edge?

>Joe Weltjens, he creator of Diesel, the JoJo knock-off actually had some "good intention". Joe was a fan of the JoJo OVA after acquiring from a pen-pal in Japan whom worked as assistant for Akira Toriyama, and wanted to localize the manga. However with the copyright over musical names, it was almost impossible to do such a thing, so he decided to create Diesel as a way to bring JoJo to american territory.

He sounds like cool dude.

Oh shit I saw some fag post a page from Disel. The one where he yells "Enemy Stand." I had no idea what to think of when I saw that page in a thread derailed by Jojo fags

I love the idea of what Joe was going for though

That Alvin & The Chimpmunks movie would've been terrible, but interesting, too bad it wasn't ever made.

>Samurai Jack movie with Ken Watanabe and Guillermo Del Toro

Not even a fan of the show, but I would go see it.

>I love the idea of what Joe was going for though

theft?

>Goku saying fuck or any variation

Nope.
Not buying it for one second

What a hack!

Marge Simpson was suppose to have Bunny Ears hidden in her blue hair (it appears in the arcade game).
Homer Simpson was suppose to secretly be Krusty the Crown. The joke being that Bart respected Krusty more than his own father.

Gwen from Ben10 was suppose to be Ben's unrelated classmate.

There was suppose to be a Gargoyles/Atlantis crossover. Apparently it's audio was recorded but never animated.

The same canister that hit Daredevil in the face created the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Peter Parker was molested as a kid.

The JLU episode "Double Date" was originally suppose to be about Barbara Gordon breaking her leg and becoming Oracle.

Katie Rice actually was on there, though.
There was a video of her with John K where he was being a real creep that was part of the DVD on Youtube, but it was taken down.

There was almost an Alien Cartoon and Jurrasic Park Cartoon.

The toyline that would have went along with the cartoon went into production.

Gremlins also nearly got an animated series that even had a pilot that has never been released but the box office performance of Gremlins II killed it.

There was also a pilot based on the standalone Space Usagi volume of Usagi Yojimbo; unl;ike the Gremlins pilot, part of all of it is available online.

>Dwarf having to dress up as an elf
Truly horrible.

>There was also a pilot based on the standalone Space Usagi volume of Usagi Yojimbo; unl;ike the Gremlins pilot, part of all of it is available online.
youtube.com/watch?v=gWOvcIYd7IU

>adult Jeanette
I wish I had that gif of the stick guy with the giant boner.

>Zone-Sama
No fucking way.

>There was suppose to be a Gargoyles/Atlantis crossover. Apparently it's audio was recorded but never animated.

Also, said crossover was an episode of a cancelled TV show project that was in production before the movie came out and got wrecked by Shrek. The handful of episodes they completed before the plug got pulled were edited together into Atlantis 2.

>suppose
Did this actually get animated?

What the fuck i never knew this existed
that's not really the voice i imagined for usagi

>The use of Victor Mancha in Tom King's Vision series was at the suggestion of one of his editors - originally, the role was to be filled by Jim Hammond, the first Human Torch.

Good save, closer connection.

>"Another one that really stuck with me was this girl who survived Columbine. See, "Wings of the Dope," the episode where Luanne's boyfriend comes back as an angel, aired two weeks after the shooting. About a month after that, I got a letter from a girl who was there and hid somewhere in the school when it was all going on. She said the first thing she was gonna do if she survived was tell a friend of hers she was in love with him. She never did. He ended up being one of the kids responsible for it. So you can imagine how - you know, to her, it felt wrong to grieve almost, and she bottled it up. But she saw that episode and Buckley walking away at the end and something just let her finally break down and greive and miss the guy. I remember she quoted Luanne - 'I wonder if he's guardianing some other girl,' or something along that line, because she never had the guts to tell the kid. That really gets to people at Comic Con."

>She said the first thing she was gonna do if she survived was tell a friend of hers she was in love with him. She never did. He ended up being one of the kids responsible for it
There's a dual irony here, not in that she loved the guy behind the crime.
The idea had she said it sooner he might have reconsidered
No I'm not saying he did it because he was a kissless virgin, I'm saying if he had some stake in losing someone or their affection he may have at the very least hesitated or altered his decision making.
Perhaps I should be focusing on the emotion of the anecdote, but I find observing the butterfly effect of something as fleeting as emotion more interesting. How much of our history could have been changed with only three words?

>Homer Simpson was suppose to secretly be Krusty the Crown. The joke being that Bart respected Krusty more than his own father

I remember that the joke was supposed to be the fact that Bart respected a Clown ,that looked identical to his dad, more than he respected Homer. I've never heard that Homer was supposed to be Krusty early on.

>She said the first thing she was gonna do if she survived was tell a friend of hers she was in love with him. She never did. He ended up being one of the kids responsible for it.

Fuck.

I hate people like you spout "trivia" but only mention the clickbait portion of said trivia.

Obviously this was Chipmunks Adventure era since I don't see the modern incarnations doing it with human prostitutes.

There is nothing better than listening to voice actors misuse well known voices

I think I need to see more concept art pictures of the Alvin adult movie.

Y'know, for confirmation and research and stuff...

>Knockoff JoJo Guest-Starring Knockoff Detonator Orgun

Those were for the toys that got made.

Trivia? This happened:
youtube.com/watch?v=nljYRAOLtJc

I'd heard of the general idea of a Chipmunks/Chippetes-as-adults movie but the idea of it being a Bakshi-inspired sex romp seems kind of unlikely.

>Secret Saturdays was wildly different from the Johnny Quest style show we got
>Originally, Zak was a young child who was raised by various cryptids and the villain was a lizardlike cryptid seeking to reveal the existence of their kind to humanity (which was apparantly bad)

This reminds me of a cool fact.
The Viz Media editor at the time managed to make Tazuki Takahashi (the creator of Yugi-Oh) establish a long distance relationship with his main inspiration, Mike Mignola.
During one of the tankobon releases in the United States, they dedicated a page towards an art trade made by Mike and Tazuki.

Tazuki's art trade

>Peter Cullen based his performance as Optimus Prime per his brother's suggestion. A retired captain from the marines, Peter's brother Larry commented: "Peter, don't be a Hollywood hero, be a real hero. Real heroes don't yell and act tough; they are tough enough to be gentle, so control yourself."
Beautiful

holy fuck, i cant even comprehend the rollercoaster of emotions that girl mustve went through

>Donatello records inside jobs
>THAT'S A FACT, JACK

>Tarantino once tried convincing the writer of Millenium to write for Metal Gear Solid's film adaptation commenting that if he were to join in, he would finance it. They both attempted to send their draft to Sony (which worked as a midquel for MGS1 and MGS2) but they were denied.

>Tarantino tried to helm for the Superman: Flyby project by JJ Abrams, but left after commenting that the script was awful.

>Genndy Tartakovsky was originally supposed to direct an Astro Boy film project focused around adapting the Atlas saga from the 80s cartoon, but he left the project when he was hired as a director for an unproduced Dark Crystal sequel for Jim Henson.

>Illumination Entertainment (the people behind Despicable Me) have the rights for a film adaptation on Naoki Urosawa's Pluto.

>Hideyuki Imaishi and Yoh Yoshinari (from KLK, TTGL and Little Witch Academia fame) were originally the creative supervisors for Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z but left due to creative differences

>Peter Chung (Reign the Conqueror, Aeonflux) was once in charge of a Cyborg 009 american OVA but it was cancelled for unknown reasons, the only thing surviving being concept art.

Really hits ya when they even dedicated an episode of TF Prime to the brother after he passed away.

huh didnt expect tarantino had those interests.

that concept art is awful....

>>Genndy Tartakovsky was originally supposed to direct an Astro Boy film project focused around adapting the Atlas saga from the 80s cartoon, but he left the project when he was hired as a director for an unproduced Dark Crystal sequel for Jim Henson.

Wasn't it also supposed to be some kind of weird blend of CG and live-action where Astro was some super lifelike CG character to make him stand out as a robot?

You can fucking hear it now that it's described that way. I could hear it beforehand too but now it's solidified into words perfectly.
Genius advice.

>>Peter Chung (Reign the Conqueror, Aeonflux) was once in charge of a Cyborg 009 american OVA but it was cancelled for unknown reasons, the only thing surviving being concept art.
Kind of glad that didn't come through, that shit just looks wrong. All but 006's legs look twiggy as fuck, 008 looks like a retard, and I think 006 is going to vore everyone.

>A Metal Gear Solid movie directed by Tarantino
I don't know if his type of craziness matches up with Kojima's type of craziness but it would still be one hell of a movie.

No one, hence why it wasn't greenlit.

I can only wonder how the people who used to talk shit about Cullen's Prime being "too stiff and emotionless" must feel like fucking idiots for thinking all heroic leaders needed to be loud and obnoxious badasses.

Eh, Kojima's craziness before MGS2 and 3 wasn't all that different. It was strange, but still had a level of restraint to it. Sons of Liberty is where shit started getting really weird with the metaphorical shit and faux technobabble.

>What a Cheap Trick!!!

This one?

Well, don't say never. Lots is possible nowadays.

Look it up on youtube, there's videos of Sabat and Schemmel reminicing about these things, with Chris saying how he got fellow FUNI staff to go into Sean's room and fuck with his stuff.

Must have felt like getting shot through the heart.

Confirmed. It's some of Dan Haskett's work.

Really my man.

Ayy mon...

>Billy West auditioned for the role of Rigby in Regular Show

>Rob Paulsen auditioned for the role of Fry in Futurama

>Maurice LaMarche almost had the chance of meeting Orson Welles, but he had already left the recording booth after recording lines for Unicron. Maurice said he could smell the tobacco in the air

>Billy West was asked to reprise his role for Doug in the Disney revival, but didn't accept for Disney wanted to pay him less than he received in the Nickelodeon show

>According to story editor Bob Forward, Dinobot is a descendant of Grimlock, one of the original Dinobots from The Transformers

>Beast Wars is the first cartoon in which Optimus Prime's famous quote "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" is heard, spoken by Optimus Primal. The writers didn't initially know the significance of the quote, they just found it when reading Transformers fan discussions on the internet and thought it sounded good.

>>Rob Paulsen auditioned for the role of Fry in Futurama
Going off from this
>Zapp Brannigan was originally going to be portrayed by Phil Hartman, who was in talks to fill the role when the series was still in early production
>His death hit Billy West so hard that Billy went to great lengths to emulate Phil's style of characterization when he took on acting for for Zapp

>>Beast Wars is the first cartoon in which Optimus Prime's famous quote "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" is heard, spoken by Optimus Primal. The writers didn't initially know the significance of the quote, they just found it when reading Transformers fan discussions on the internet and thought it sounded good.

Don't forget that Ratrrap was supposed to be partially retarded and cripplingly deformed to the point of almost being suicidal.

I've heard of the show's earlier stages from the creator's own blog, but he never posted anything about this particular early iteration there. Source?

On the wikipedia. Mentions how Zak (then a 9-year old named Francis) was part of a cryptid anti-detective team as their mascot and their job was to keep cryptids a mystery, but the villain Monseiur Dodo was trying to oust everyone and destroy them.

Monsieur Dodo is a lizard and not a dodo? That's almost as shocking as Argost's identity.

>There were plans for a Buffy the Vampire Slayer animated series, showing the pre-Season 5 events of the timeline where Dawn was written into Buffy's life as her sister, but no network was willing to buy the series, as many elements were too adult for children but it was toned down too much for adults.

I thought it was a lizard since it was a while since reading the preproduction stuff. Still, it was interesting that the show would have been something like Hardy Boys with mythocal creatures trying to hide themselves instead of the modern Johnny Quest one we wound up with.

That premise sounds like a lot of fun. I really liked what we got, but Argost was by far the best thing about it. I don't think there's ever been a better villain in a cartoon. I like him even more than Aku.

Is that a fucking enema bag?

there was a teacher at my high school who would do this to newbie teachers, he'd switch around their stuff to make them think they were imagining thing. One year the new teacher actually had OCD. When he found out he tricked him by turning everything in his classroom upside down when no one would notice.

Too bad he got a pretty lackluster revival in the Ben 10 crossover. Would have been cooler if he wasn't such a hodgepodge of monsters, and actually got to become a recurring bad guy instead of being turned off like a rampaging robut.

JTS was originally intended for adult audiences and set in acutal hell

i think this one is kinda well known, but:

>seth macfarlane, the creator of family guy and american dad, was scheduled to be on one of the planes that were used during the 9/11 attacks. he missed his flight because he wasn't feeling well.

Yeah, they really blew it. At least we got to hear him one more time.

>William was in the production bible left by Thomas Romain, dismissing the original belief that William was created via a contest where a fan could make a new addition to the cast
>Aelita never existed in the original Garage Kids concept, and XANA was unnamed and able to only affect the factory and school areas. When Aelita was created for what became Code Lyoko, she was meant to be remain an AI that was given human form on earth
>Likewise, her father/creator, Franz Hopper was going to just an outright mad scientist and not a man on the run from his own government
>Yumi and the boys were going have access to some of their Lyoko powers on earth, though only Yumi was shown with her telekinesis, nobody knows what Ulrich or Odd would have been capable of
>Early concepts for season 5 (Evolution) were to see William descending into a kind of madness

>They thought it was a good idea to turn a kids franchise of cute talking chipmunk people who sing into adults that have sex and drink and shit.

That's the fucking stupidest idea I've ever heard. It would've ruined the brand it's based on by people distancing themselves from it.

>live action Samurai Jack

Thank god that didn't happen

>Tom Kenny inspired by Christmas elf

Freaking hilarious, Spongebob cussing is surreal.

>Zone-Sama worked on R&S APC

Bullshit.

>Billy West almost got the part of Rigby

Thank god he didn't, don't like that guy.

>Stan Lee was impressed by Go Nagai's skill in drawing and commented on how he holds the same regards to him as Kirby and Romita. Nagai was pen pals with Lee and was responsible for several covers for Marvel's Star Wars comics in Japan.
Based Uncle Go.

I'd never even heard of Diesel, let alone that it was a somewhat earnest attempt to bring JoJo to the US.

He had a hang over.