youtube.com/watch?v=xhZFH4NKmOo
youtu.be/pIHBOG9IRk4?t=1m51s
youtube.com/watch?v=ODLYXq8oRd8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Not directed Shitnyder
>Movie is good

JEEEEZ, TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH TO REALIZE

>No "haha isn't this stupid and silly!?" like the MCU

I'm always amazed by what people manage to pull out of their asses to complain about Marvel.

Go back to /r/marvelstudios if you can't handle truth.

It was a very enjoyable movie but it's kind of sad to me that it's getting treated like the second coming simply for sticking to regular Hollywood formulas.

To be fair, it is really the truth about all Marvel Studios movies.

I really appreciate that she didn't say, "I'm no man" during that scene.

Not him, but where this happen? Can you show how common this is or not?

It's being treated like the second coming because it's a female cape movie that's actually good

>"You look like a damn fool"

you retarded or something

>"I'm Star Lord!"

this

>No "this is super serious!" like Zack Snyder shitfests

>Sparta kicks and WWI amputees and slo-mo ramping

>It's a Snyder shitfest

Oh look the MCU shill is about to derail the thread with his autism. I bet you wish this was Reddit so you can downvote huh?

>campy fun villains

Who? Doctor Poison, who nets ten minute's screentime?

Kommander Red Herring, who gets points for having the only credible German accent in the film but is a stock totally-not-a-Nazi-you guys?

Fucking dry, dull, boring British Pip-pip-cheerio Sauron?

>minute's

* minutes

>not-a-Nazi
he isn't one, you dolt. He's one of the Kaizer's men. Him being a red herring has nothing to do with subverting EVIL Nazi final boss. It has everything to do with the very theme of the movie.

* minutes'

One of the best scenes of the movie, related to his origins out of universe, and has a big significance in universe.

He always said the same thing on the comics.

Snyder's dceu movies didn't have any slow Mo faggot.

I'm not saying he's a Nazi

I'm just saying he's filling in as the archetypal EVIL Nazi final boss character that all World War movies need to have, apparently.

So here's the real important question:

Is the "Wonder Woman Theme" they kept playing going to stick in the public consciousness enough to end up associated with the character in the same way the Superman theme and the Batman theme have?

Haven't seen the film yet but...
>Campy fun villains
Is the mother fucking VERY LAST thing the dceu needs after Jesse Lex. For fuck's sake.

You are really saying that the movie about talking raccoom and tree is afraid to be silly?

Hell, Snyder made Superman clothe choice be FUCKING GENETIC.

He couldnt think why Superman would wear a cape, so he made so that in the movie he is geneticaly inclined to wear capes.

he's not an evil Nazi, he's just a person who wants to win a war badly.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_Ludendorff

I'd say that's the only time they actually embraced the classic campiness of the character in the right way. He was used as a propaganda tool until he decided he wanted to be in the field.

no

wut

He wears a cape because it's apart of the kryptonian garb, which isn't something Snyder made up.

Autism Lex was neither campy or fun. He was autistic.

Wait, there was a theme? How many times was it played? I can't remember a single note and I saw it today :/

The Wonder Woman theme just feels like they're trying way too hard to make an "iconic" theme song. It just comes off as unnatural. I just ended up laughing every time it played in the movie.

The entirety of Guardians 2 was basically just one bad joke after another.

The actors all but took a beat and winked at the camera after every line.

It played while she was fighting germans in the town.

You dont think the intense humor in Guardians and poking fun at everything wasn't a ploy by the studio to get the audience to accept it's weirdness? It's a way of saying "hey we know this is stupid too so just go with it"

You might be legitimately autistic if you dont see this in the MCU movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=xhZFH4NKmOo

Every time she fights someone it plays this:
youtu.be/pIHBOG9IRk4?t=1m51s

>samefag Redditor

It's that rejected Mad Max track.

Yeah you know it. You dont even need to look it up.

Oh gross, that guitar? No thanks, man.

It's a cello.

I think they only played it once

So, twice?

In an interview, Snyder said that he wears capes, even more on the scenes when he is a kid, BECAUSE he is geneticaly inclined to wear capes.

compare that to this:

youtube.com/watch?v=ODLYXq8oRd8

A little three-second nod and you get it. I don't really hear anything like that from the WW piece

Zack Snyder didn't write the movie and he isn't exactly the best at explaining things. Superman wore a cape in the movie because it was apart of the kryptonian garb he got on the ship, nothing more. Go make a Snyder shitposting thread if that's all you're here for.

>Zack Snyder didn't write the movie and he isn't exactly the best at explaining things.

You are literaly saying for us to ignore the bulshit that he says, and making a headcanon out of reality.

There's nothing wrong with that.

Just saw it tonight. Pretty good for capeshit. I like Marvel movies but I've gotten so tired of them mocking the source material costumes and pretending it's all tongue-in-cheek fun. I wish D.C. and Marvel would trade notes in how to balance serious, funny, color, darkness and both use costumes faithful to the source of the character.

>You are literaly saying for us to ignore the bulshit that he says
Yeah. I am.

>and making a headcanon
It's in the movie you fucking retarded nigger faggot. There's nothing in the movie that implies he wears capes because of genetics. He fucking gets his outfit from the kryptonian ship and it has a cape on it. The other kryptonians wear capes as well, it's apart of their garb. You're just fucking obsessed with Zack Snyder like a fucking psychotic stalker.

I think they finally hit the sweet spot they've been looking for. I'd be happy if they could retain this tone. Unfortunately, it's not going to stick since Whedon is completely incapable of deviating from his own formula.

Whedon isn't in charge of the DCEU, he's just basically babysitting the staff of Justice League so it gets finished on time, then making a low priority Batgirl movie.

>>No "haha isn't this stupid and silly!?" like the MCU
This movie feels like it would fit neatly into the MCU that isn't the GotG action-comedy corner.

It very much has the tone of First Avenger and Thor.
It's about time they stopped trying to make the Edge-verse for autists and embraced what people really want out of these movies. Superman the Movie and Batman are both very MCU-ish in tone. People get overly hung-up on the Whedon films, apparently.

Which is delightfully funny, as the DCEU is becoming Whedon's baby. Will the Snyder fanbaby's spend as much energy shitting on the profitable and popular Whedon DCEU movies?

>I think they finally hit the sweet spot they've been looking for.

Fucking this. Serious enough to feel refreshing from the MCU's constant silliness but light enough so it isn't edgy grimdark Snyder shit.

I like it. I associate it with the character simply because nothing else does. It's nowhere near as iconic and probably never will be John Williams Superman theme or Danny Elfman's Batman

Burton's Batman movies aren't like the MCU at all.

>I wish D.C. and Marvel would trade notes in how to balance serious, funny, color, darkness and both use costumes faithful to the source of the character.

>no Amalgam film universe that combines the best of all capeshit

If you think they are paying Joss Whedon's salary just to have him sit and watch people edit down Snyder's work, you're nuts. Snyder failed to deliver the extra half a billion dollars that the Whedon films rake in. He had his chance with BvS.

>that Ludendorff and Dr. Maru laugh
I unironically loved that

>retarded nigger faggot
>You're just fucking obsessed with Zack Snyder like a fucking psychotic stalker.

Man...first...you are the one who looks INSANELY protective of that man, when all that I have to do is mention an interview.

Really, what is your problem? This isnt normal, this isnt how normal people react.

>Yeah. I am.
So you have to pretend that the guys in charge of the movie never said what they said regarding what happens in the movies?

Snyder said why kryptonians wear capes, it is genetic, it is dumb, just accept it and move on, instead of blindly defend any shit that he does and pretend that they doesnt exist. As I said this is not healthy, and makes you look like an insane fanboy.

>a movie from almost 30 years ago is different from movies today
The Joker has a dance number man

You ever stop to think that maybe Whedon is being nice and doing Snyder a favor because of his family tragedy? There's nothing Whedon can even do at this point. The movie is finished filming, all the actors are busy doing other things, it's already got at the very least a first cut that Snyder showed some people including Whedon. The only impact he might have is editing it further.

I agree. They're better

> :/
Faggot I hope your family dies

They wouldn't attach Whedon at all if it was at the point of only needing editing.
That's not what Whedon does and they have an editor.

I don't give a shit about Snyder, he can fuck off for all I care. You're just getting assblasted about something that isn't even depicted in the movie, but talked about in a random interview that maybe 100 people read.

Think Sup Forums got it right.

The editor doesn't edit the movie alone dickweed. They collaborate with the director to edit it how they want. Please explain to me what Whedon could do when the movie is 90% done and none of the actors are available.

>I don't give a shit about Snyder,
Its not what your highly defensive comments indicate.

>You're just getting assblasted about something that isn't even depicted in the movie
What? I just said how stupid their decision is, of having to make the hero wear some clothes because of genetic prediposition. You are the one who sounds assblasted for being reminded of it.

And Diana felt like a real character. I think Bruce was okay, just a bit too edgy but there's a history we haven't seen there. Superman? No fucking excuse.

Flash will be the real test, I think. He needs a certain levity

And then we remember what Whedon's input did to Thor 2

>Flash will be the real test, I think. He needs a certain levity

He's Barry Allen, not Wally West.

Bruce was the most interesting character in BvS. I fucking fell in love with that take on him. Seriously, it spoke something to my heart.

>some mouseketeer on wonder woman

It was better than every phase 1 movie except Iron Man - even with the CGI shitfest of an ending. I'm still waiting for Marvel to attempt something as good as TDK, Fox did.

He made it better actually. The movie was hot garbage until he made Loki more prominent. Without Loki that movie would have been absolutely unwatchable.

Not him, but you're being a massive tool if you think what some showrunner says in a random interview has any bearing on the film when what he said was never depicted in the film itself.

Snyder is in charge of the DCEU mate.

I unironically believe you can't touch any Flash villains without a certain sense of ridiculousness. Unless they manage to recapture the fucking monstrosity that was Thawne in the first half of TV Flash Season 1

You keep dodging. Nowhere in the movie is it depicted that there's some genetic predisposition to wear capes, that was just Snyder's autistic explanation for something in a random interview. It has nothing to do with what's actually in the movie.

Snyder was just the director in MoS. Goyer and Nolan ran the show.

Snyder gained more of a power with BvS, but even then Affleck used his weight to boot Goyer out so his buddy Terrio could rewrite the movie. Affleck also banged Gadot. Just saying. It's pertinent.

Snyder is mostly an idea guy, but the actual scripts doesn't suffer much his input.

I feel like it's something people only experience if they watch the numbered sequels or Grootshit, movies like IM1, Avengers and Captain America were pretty good.

Barry is a brooding fucker. All the death and responsibility that surrounds him shows, and it makes those fun moments more impactful. His responsibility is what plays to Wally's levity.

From what we've seen of the twink playing him so far, that's the direction you see it going?

You're right that they are pretty silly to play straight. The rogues you could probably set up as well organised criminals that are just smarter than Flash

But i can't see anyway you could play a telepathic, talking Gorilla straight faced.

Affleck claims he had nothing to do with Terrio getting hired, it was just coincidence.

>Calling people autistic for not overanalyzing movies
Uh... I don't think autism works that way.

And no, it wasn't a ploy to get the audience to accept the weirdness. They really didn't poke fun at all that much aside from the whole "WHO?" thing with Star-Lord, which was more of a measure to show that Star-Lord became a hero of note than a joke at the expense of the character. DnA's Cosmic Marvel had a jokey, over-the-top tone to it too.

Riiiiight.

The name also was related to his mother, which helped.

Thawne' suit being a banana flavored Flash suit is also a tough sell, but the show really sold me on how it could be done.

I agree The Rogues have potential to be played in a different light, but I kind of think that takes away from what makes them special. But hoping for grumpy Cold in his fucking parka is a big ask.

It's hard to get right, but villains who just love being villains are the best

>a telepathic, talking Gorilla straight faced.
Jungle Book-style CGI, a gorilla that's upset about habitat loss, or some other environmentalist/humans are overpopulated approach. Not that hard.

No, because it can't beat the Lynda Carter theme.

The show did it.

Like say what you want about its quality these days the Grodd episodes are played absolutely straight and are amazing.

I think you can at least put him in a big jacket.

I can't believe it took so damn long/

Guys. How the fuck did Bruce get that developed photo at the beginning/end.

The town that took the pic got fucking gassed the next day.

Reminded me of Riddler and Two face but in a good way

What was edgy about Superman? He was constantly hopeful with the exception of his one crisis of conciousness and then he got over it.