So was this platonic or romantic?

So was this platonic or romantic?

i mean, it was antagonistic for the most part, but it was headed in a direction that had a 28% chance of becoming romance

but in the end, Wirt is for cute clown girl whose name escapes me, so..

In was romantic because in an interview McHale said that Sara is only a high school crush, Wirt don't know her.

what does pat mchale know? he's a weird monster guy. sara had solid chemistry with wirt. beatrice has been dead for over a century.

>what does pat mchale know?

Lol... it's his story and if he said that it's hollow feeling... well that is what it is.

>beatrice has been dead for over a century

In the comics (completely canon) It is established that there are people who are simply born in the unknown, Anna (Woodsman's daughter) was born in this place. The Unknow is not exactly the Limbo, you can go to that place dying but not everyone there are dead people.

I think that Wirt and Beatrice have a strong feeling between them. Wirt says this in a extra content: "I am a feather that has been separated from his bird"

Wirt seems to know her better in the comics

An example? Anyway the author said it... soo...

And in the comics Wirt said that Beatrice is the only person he trust too (Greg aside)... and that make her his closest relationship (Greg aside).

well one of them was a guy and one of them was a bird

did wirt even see beatrice after her wings were cut?

We don't know. But he knows that she was a human girl and "Dante" [Wirt] was not supposed to care about Beatrice's appearance, he loved her for being "a force that motivates him to be a better person"

I was referring to the current ongoing series, which takes place after the events of the show. So Beatrice is sort of out of the picture in this context.

Whether Wirt still has a crush on Sara isn't made clear, as there isn't any romance suggested to exist between them.

if we're going by the wirt-as-dante analogy wirt ends up alone or with sara though

i wish the comic would stop getting sidetracked every other chapter desu, just finish the woodman's daughter's story and be done with it

The current series is non-canon because it was not written by Patrick McHale, so it's normal for ideas to deviate from what their author intended to capture.

For the continuity of the original story you can only take into account the first serialization because it was written directly by him and fit with the cartoon's chapters, it seems the five comics written by Patrick were supposed to be cartoon episodes, but it was decided that they were 10 for reasons that Patrick doesn't specify (originally there was supposed to be 18 episodes).

>if we're going by the wirt-as-dante analogy wirt ends up alone or with sara though

No, because Sara is clearly inspired by a certain nameless girl to the which Dante "Wrote poetry to deny himself his feelings for Beatrice".

We must remember that there is a difference between Dante "the character" and Dante "the author".

And at the end of the divine comedy, Dante "the character" manages to reach the paradise where he meets Beatrice, but "laments that Virgilio can't go with them" because Virgilio is a pagan. Recall that OTGW is inspired by the divine comedy and therefore Wirt is inspired by Dante "the character".

In harmony with this idea in an extra content that was written by the author, Wirt expresses his longing to be reunited with Beatrice, saying that he "would pray that they might be reunited someday." As in the same extra content Wirt reveals that from his perspective Beatrice was the answer to a pray that he did to God/The Moon, it is understood that this pray will also be answered.

[Gregory is a translated version of the name Virgil, and means one who watches over]

Man this whole thing seems complicated.

It's probably the most complicate cartoon of all the times. I can't believe how many details have this story and it's characters.

Holy even the names of the characters are supposed to talk us about them or their desings.

Wirt: His name means "It's name means, the one that accumulates / protects knowledge" Because he is culture nerd.

Beatrice: Her name means "The one who makes others happy", It could sounds like an sarcasm but it have base because in a weird way she can make Wirt happy after all. And at the same time she is a blue bird because the tale "The Bluebird of happiness". The meaning of the story of the blue bird is that happiness is closer to what you believe

Greg: "The one who whatches over" He is watching over Wirt safety.

I always see forced antagonistic relationships between men and women of a similar age in media as a clear indicator of them being shipped by the writers. Like, any couple from The Newsroom. But I never see this dynamic play out in real life. the only people I ever see get together are always nice to each other beforehand.

Yeah it's like, "they don't like each to other but it becomes in love because it's a gradual relationship with phases and my characters evolve".

In the real life... well... I have to admit it, people don't show the worst part of themselves to the person that they like... but ironically I have seen at least one case of this strange thing in my high school days... so... it's not an imposible thing after all... but it's really strange see it happen.

well geez i guess i got btfo, nice well-written response user

I'd like to hear more of this deep analysis for OtGW that isn't just a means of validating the shipping preferences of the one doing the analysis. Because it's mighty interesting but I'm not all that invested in who Wirt ends up with in quite the same way as it's talked about here. But the rest of this stuff is great.

shipping fuels autism, and autism fuels genuine discussion

that being said the ship is pretty cute, i've been hoping for some interaction in the comics but nothing doing

Shipping preferences aside, it never struck me as romantic. By the end of the show, they had grown to understand and respect each other. That, I think, was the point of their relationship.

I think this describes it perfectly.

but I still wanted them to kiss just once