Well-written, emotional death scene

>well-written, emotional death scene
>lol, turns out they're okay

Like when the entire town tricks DDD into thinking he's really killed Kirby and they make him agonize over it?

>character's death is well written and emotional, also ties up their arc well and makes sense in the story (as in it didn't just happen for no reason out of nowhere)
>fanbase starts autistically screeching
>later on character gets brought back in an anticlimactic way to satisfy the fans

>character dies third of the way into the series
>still appears in almost every episode anyway

You mean like they die, but continue to be a regular character as a ghost? Because I actually like that idea. Any examples?

>Character "dies"
>Saves the day during the climax by catching the big bad off guard.

Any examples?

>character dies
>no one cares
ha ha.... ha....

>I ripped... My pants...

>Character that you want to die the most somehow always avoids death.

What's her name?

>Character you most wanted to die is the only survivor.

First one that came to mind

Wakfu.
The biggest problem was that they had a shit ton of climatic solutions to fix that. Even the way they picked would have been somewhat climatic if they wouldn't reveal instantly that there is a chance he survived. Just make her study the demons in a desperate attempt to find a way to make him survive that and let her run away not because she heard him but because she looked for Rubilax.

Hellsing. Main badass is very specifically killed off for being too badass. Ending acknowledges this. Fans screech like harpies. New ending with them alive.

Sherlock Holmes maybe?

Pic related.

>try to write a serious episode about one character dying
>in a show where the characters regularly murder eachother inbetween fart jokes and gore humor

Ultimate Peter parker

His "death" went from being the second strongest moment in this book to one of the most disappointing wastes of potential when they decided to show him fully recovered after certain death THE NEXT DAMN ISSUE.

Avdol

>characters barely react to a character's death
>next episode they act like it never happened and are doing comic relief with the killer

>Be Egyptian man
>Goes on adventure to with my friend, a British NY land baron, a French guy, and 2 Japanese high schoolers to save my friend's daughter from some vampire that made me shit myself a few years back
>Arrive in Calcutta
>French guy has an autistic meltdown in bathroom
>We end up being hunted by a cowboy and some sort of failed abortion
>French guy is about to get killed
>Jump in to save him
>Gets stabbed in the back
>Headshot
>Friends think I'm dead
>Still alive
>Recover, go to some island in the Red Sea and disguise as my dad
>French guy finds some lamp and wishes for me to be revived
>Gets attacked by zombies
>I jump in and save his ass
>We eventually reach Cairo
>Gets eaten by a white rapper

I always really like it when a character's death casts a shadow over the rest of the series. There's a delicate line to avoid dwelling on it too much, but things like the lasting influence of Kamina in Gurren Lagann or Gai Daigoji in Nadesico are great to me.

And then they reverse it two episodes later

Or in a flashback

>character I like dies
>character was a villain
>was also kind of a dick
>but also hard a lot of bad things happen to him prior to the start of the series
>no one else in the fanbase really cares

Or that time where Kirby's pet dog dies saving him.
Or when Kirby's new friend dies melting.
Or when Whispy Woods first and only love interest dies by getting her head chopped off.

Assuming you're talking about the books, that's a good example. But it's not Sup Forums related.

Kenny, from South Park.

Or when Kirby and Dedede play on the swings as they watch the meteor close in on them ready to destroy their world, and Dedede is proud he made someone happy in his stupid life?

Star Wars Rebels

Nigga, that was not because of the fans. The chapter where Alucard vanishes and the final one are practically back to back. If anything, Hirano just figured out the loophole with Alucard's souls and saved it for the last few pages.

Hello from /m/.

>Or that time where Kirby's pet dog dies saving him.

fuck don't remind me

Just about every Disney movie ever that wasn't Bambi or Princess and the Frog.

And even that latter one isn't really all that good with the death when the character is by far the worst part of the film.

Vriska.

>Intense and extremely emotional final scene
> Goofy ending music

>character is asshole coward entire show.
>redeems themseves by sacrificeing themselves to save another.
>is brought back by deus ex macina
> still acts like an asshole once the status quo is restored.

>"WHY DID YOU PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON?!"
>"I... I dunno!"

That was a perfect ending.