Anyone else really enjoy this version of Lex Luthor?

Anyone else really enjoy this version of Lex Luthor?

youtu.be/9qrCs2rmT3g

youtu.be/tTXOB2ywzzo

youtu.be/SS3uXgGGPPE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RgHiDknRAgw
youtube.com/watch?v=467ehoaGDaE&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=RG8vUBfOpTs
tcj.com/the-gilbert-and-jaime-hernandez-interview/2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he was OK at best
Clancy Brown was still the superior one

His voice was always way too feminine to me, but the visual aspect was alright.

Is this a joke

Best live-action Riddler I've ever seen.
I don't know why they insisted on calling him Lex Luthor though.

I always get the feeling he's the sort of person who would shitpost about Superman on Sup Forums, and try to force "Superfag" as a meme.

It's a weirdly specific feeling to get.

Personally, I really enjoyed Eisenberg's quirky, weird performance, even though he didn't have much in common with the Luthor from the comics.

Bryan Cranston would have been a good one

He was fucking shit. Dc should do some he was a clone or someshit and get another actor. He will seriously drag down whichever film he is in next.

You just simply don't understand Snyder's vision, go back to Marvel thread please

I like him but not because he was "Lex Luthor." As a more original take on the character I found him enjoyable. He's not Lex senior so I didn't have a problem with him.

Good taste

youtube.com/watch?v=RgHiDknRAgw

Neither did anyone else.. thats why his ass got sacked and his daugter became some sort of.. i dunno.. suicide squad.

I felt he had good charisma In his intro trying to sell the notion of Kryptonite to the Governor up until the candy mouth force.
I wish he hadn't spazed out at the Gala.
His scene on the Roof with Clark was great tho. You can see him just seething with pent up resentment & rage which flows into sadism he let's flow when throw the Martha pics down.

Wouldn't play the cocky jealous part of Lex well enough, but would make a great President/CEO type.

I thought it was a valid interpretation of lex.

Lex is, and always has been, a mad man. He's criminally insane, and while he's a genius, his instability always leads to his fall.

Another thing about Lex is that he CANNOT reconcile how someone as godlike as Superman would have a human alter ego. The notion of a dual identity for a powerful man doesn't make any sense to him. It's paradoxical.

So when you take that into account and add in the other huge element to Lex, his ego, Eisenberg's version is very valid. He's an unstable, egotistical madman who's genius and means enable him to manipulate events.

The calm, cool businessmen facade that Lex often adopts during the animated series, or certain comic runs, that's fine too - but that doesn't deride the fact that EisenLex really worked.

The PLOT may have been lacking but this character was fine.

>Snyder's vision
Making movies so bad that your daughter suicides?

What should I've expected from Marveldrones

Apart from the shit writing and Incredibles villain motivation rip off, Eisenberg is a shit actor. His voice is shit and he looks like a whiny little bitch who jerks off all day. He felt out of place against Cavil and Batfleck.

Rowan Atkinson would be better than this shit.

proof is in the pudding my friend.. Snyder leaves and Bam fucking Wonder Woman is the HIGHEST rated comic movie on RT. did like 95+mil on opening.

I hope this faggot kills himself soon. He looks depressed enough.

Look Ghostbusters RT before release then on WW.
Yeah, movie is way much better then the last ones and it's good on it's own without compering to them, but still it's pretty obvious why it has high score

Look at every fucking movie Snyder has ever done... you'll find shit and mediocrity.

Aren't we were talking about WW score?
Snyder is a hack I know it, so what was it all about?

Watchmen was fine same with 300.

I was only nine years old. I loved Zack Snyder so much, I had all the merchandise and the extended cuts of his movies. I'd pray to Zaddy every night before I go to bed, thanking him for the capekino I'd been given. "Zaddy is love", I would say, "Zaddy is life". My dad hears me and asks if I want to go and see the new Marvel movie. I knew he was just jealous of Zaddy's capekino and that he didn't understand the merits of Arthurian legends and German Expressionism. I called him a pleb. He shrugs and sends me to bed. I'm crying now; how can my own father not appreciate capekino? I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel something touch me. It's Zaddy. I'm so happy. He whispers in my ear, "capekino is the highest form of art". He grabs me with his powerful manlet hands, and puts me on my hands and knees. He stands, crucifix-like behind me. I spread my ass-cheeks for Zaddy. He penetrates my butthole. It hurts so much, but I do it for The Connoisseur of Capekino. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Zaddy. He roars "MARTHA", as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in and shouts "what the fuck!?". Zaddy looks him straight in the eye, and says, "You're just upset I tried to grow up Superman as a character". Zaddy floats stoically through my window. Zaddy is love. Zaddy is life.

Movie completely miss the point of the comic, even if movie copied 1:1 pages from it

Best live action version of Glorious Godfrey that's for sure

Sure, I love mad scientist Lex and this version played with that in spades. And Lex is usually an egotistical prick behind the "charisma" but the charisma isn't inherent to all aspects of the character, just one that became more well known.

The character still hates the fuck out of Superman beyond all reason, which is how it should be. And the Ultimate Edition adds another layer that he's also hunting Superman out of a reason that it is something he "can achieve" instead of something that people give him needless credit for, like LexCorp. The scene where he has to explain that he isn't the reason for LexCorps' name you can tell how much he resents that.

NO.

COMMISSIONER GORDON, OR NOTHING.

Feminists (males) who want to smash and zionists. Obviously.

I thought he was goid except for when he kidnaps lois, felt too much like heath ledger at that point

Fuck off eisenberg

They could have gotten Idris Alba, Liam Neeson or Matt Damon for what they payed that kike. I will never watch JL movieverse because they made such a stupid choice for casting Luthor.

This

He was a good villain but not Lex.
Could've be a great Max Lord desu.

Wait..

I liked him because I just saw a mad Lex Luthor. I hope the character evolves, tho.

To more crazy as Darkseid appears and to the usual Luthor we know after the Darkseid arc is over.

>>Pees in a jar
>>Force Fed a dude a Jolly Rancher in a weird sexual way.
>>Bitch and moaned about how is daddy hit him
>>Came up with a painfully convoluted plan to get a god like man to fight a dude in a Bat Costume because reasons.
>>Knew his plan would fail so came up with the Doomsday plan.
>>All of this was under the guidance of Steppenwolf

Face it, Lex's character was nonsensical and further muddied the fundamental concept of the The Dark Knight Rises.

youtube.com/watch?v=467ehoaGDaE&t=0s

Extending from that, Lex's character defied the Randian themes that the story's arc was trying to establish. Lex was emotional and physically weak, and heavily reliant on the strength of others. While only alluded too, he was under guidance of a god like higher power. This makes him a Randian Villain.

That might sound like it balances the broken theme, since Synder decided to make both super man and Batman the Randian heroes, but Lex Luthor is the wrong character for that role. Making him weak, the wrong kind of crazy and influenced by Gods goes against his established character. More over with the emphasis on the batman and superman conflict, his manipulation of two Randian heroes robs them of their independence and intellect.

He's just a broken plot device with bad characterization and shit acting.

I think he's gonna see that the only way to best superman is to gain the public trust, so he'll do a 180

>I hope the character evolves, tho.
This. I liked what we got, but I want to see him come out of prison calmer, more traditional.

Id be willing to throw down some money that BvS is going to mostly be ignored and some recasting will be done. The only things that matter that will come from it are Superman died, Lex made Doomsday and Lex is in jail.

Don't think it's fair to compare a tv series to a film. Both were good, with Clancy having a great voice

Polarizing films that do well financially? Gee, I wonder how he keeps getting work

Honestly, as someone that loved this movie, it would have been better if that was true

Once Darkseids influence over him is gone he'll be normal

He was fantastic, yes. I really liked him. I don't agree he is pleb filter, he is not muh autistic casual filter. Pretty much everyone who thinks Lex should be suave and sexy is either a cartoonfag or a Johnsfag, and those Casuals should be ignored, they usually think all the shit about Lex being a humanist and thinking superman is bad for Mankind is really his motivation and not just bullshit he tells himself, just like in bvs.

I liked him. My one grip is that by choosing the most quirky, unhinged and younger version of Lex, they sort of renounce to him leading the Injustice league or making other villains cower before him or all the other stuff that would be more believable with an adult Lex.

I think it plays more on him being scary because of his mind. Once he has his suit and acts less crazy to get out of jail, he'll be more MUH

>Johnsfag

Hey, Johns writes him as a petty mad scientist who breaks down easily.

No.

>Lex: I hate Superman because I don't believe in God and he is sorta like God
>Diana: Zeus is dead
>Lex: ...okay

Then he dies or something and Eisenlex from Earth-3 replaces him

Earth-3 Eisenlex is fighting his evil father who is still alive

Try Brainiac.

Clancy would make a great live-action Lex too desu

Except earth 3 lex is a hero and his son is a god

I enjoy him but it was mostly because I was laughing at him.

No.

But then they gave him ridiculous Goyer dialogue.

You are an imbecile if you believe that the shit Lex was saying was true. The only time Lex wasn't full of shit was in his speech about prometheus, that's his delusion. He is just a petty cunt that doesn't want anyone over him.

no

you mean the Lex Joker?

For DCEU purposes Luthor Jr is Luthor

So Earth-3 Luthor Jr is Luthor III

Just a ridiculous portrayal of someone who didn't know anything about comics, didn't care to, and didn't have to, but is still a good actor, being given direction from someone who knew the comics and didn't give a fuck. Neither had a fucking clue what they were doing and it showed.

Didn't Snyder only cast Eisenberg because he wanted him for Olsen, shocking the audience with a high-profile actor death early in the film, and Eisenberg's stuck up derision at the idea made Snyder think he was a perfect Luthor.

For the record, I think if Eisenberg had just met in the middle of his Now You See Me and Social Network roles, he'd make a perfect Luthor.

This whole post just opened my eyes

Holy shit I never realized that before, why can't they ever cast anybody right?

One of the biggest superhero movie miscasts I've ever seen. He was horrendous and completely wrong for the role.

How so exactly?

If only they dropped the manchild mannerisms, it would be an amazing character

Yeah, it was nice to see a more mad scientist/secret origins type Luthor

so much bullshit, headcanon, and nonsense in one post.

God, I am so glad I'm not as dumb as you.

>He thinks it was all under the guiddance of Steppenwolf

jesus christ, we know for a FACT he doesnt know shit about the New Gods until the kryptonian ship/doomsday part you stupid, stupid faggot.

Well, first of all, Watchmen innovated its medium and played around with the format, where the movie didn't unless you count the groundbreaking use of slow motion!. Some scenes just come across as boring and stilted when they'e not done through the comic medium, which is why it actually hurts the film that its a 1:1 adaption.

Fuck Rand.

That would have been pretty cool.

>movie completely miss the point of the comic
>How so exactly?
>proceed to go on a nonsensical rant that has nothing to do with the point of the comic

jesus christ you idiots make me laugh

>The only things that matter that will come from it are ... Lex made Doomsday
This is the least likely thing to stick out of anything.

The point of the comic was to do things only possible within the comic book medium. Alan Moore has said so on several ocassions.

I enjoyed his performance but he just didn't seem like Lex.

I agree with some anons that he was pretty much a pitch-perfect Glorious Godfrey. Makes me wonder if that's who they were originally going with and WB made them change the character to Lex because people actually know who he is.

No, I felt second-hand embarrassment watching him.

no

No. I enjoy this version of Lex Luthor.
youtube.com/watch?v=RG8vUBfOpTs

Underrated post.

You mean evil Willy Wonka? Sure did, he was so bad he almost made that piece of shit movie watchable.

>The point of the comic was to do things only possible within the comic book medium

No not really. That might have been one of the reasons he did it, but that was not THE point.

Watchmen was originally a story proposal Moore submitted to DC that was going to be about the characters they acquired from Charlton Comics, and was intended as a deconstruction of the characters before any of the fancy fucking paneling and comic medium only stuff became part of it.

Hell, Moore admits that he stole most of the unique paneling ideas from Love & Rockets.
You are just a stupid pleb.

>all these people who havent read Secret Origin

its sad really, its one of the most famous and pleb tier Superman books, and its obvious that it is what they drew from for Lex and that he has now become bald cold Lex.
But all these DCAU casuals cant even read the most ENTRY of Superman books.

That would've been vastly better.

What's your point?
It still doesn't make it good.

>hasn't even bothered to read any of Moore's work
>calls others plebs
He goes over his desire to push the narrative ability of comics in that annotated V for Vendetta ffs.

Shut up nerd.

>You normies, it's obviously based on one specific idea of the character released less than a decade ago as opposed to countless decades of interpretation of the character that usually has the same guideline of traits!
>Go read comics!

Always that one fag. I bet you're the guy that posts the same pictures of Batman killing from a handful of issues at the very beginning whenever someone points out that Batman has been built for countless years on the idea that he doesn't kill.

So? He sure has that desire, I never argued against it, and trying to make a deconstruction in Watchmen serves that purpose. But in no way was Watchmen conceived as a story whose "point" was to do things you could ONLY do in comics. It was conceived as a deconstruction of a genre before all of the medium related frills were put on it.

His pitch didnt include "revolutionary paneling stolen from Love and Rockets"

Stay mad you pleb.

It honestly would've made more sense.

>Access to high-end technology that can work on alien DNA
>Creates a connection with Darkseid automatically, and could even be shown to be buttering up the planet for his master
>Is involved in the political aspects of earth's greatest defense against Apocalypse, and actively works against them

Snyder has this really weird thing where he misses extremely obvious opportunities for things, despite constantly claiming he loves comics.

>Advanced AI system on Krypton that interacts with its people
>Not Brainiac

You're retarded m8, the Secret Origins version of Luthor is based on his Golden/Silver Age mad scientist interpretation.

Like the whole point of having him start that way as a young person and then grow into bald Lex was for the character to be a summary of Lex's entire character history. Just like how movie Lex became bald at the end too and becomes post-crisis Lex (sans being a fat shit).

What more, you can see this same version of lex in Birthright and Last Family of Krypton.

But again, excuse me for expected Sup Forums to read comics

>But in no way was Watchmen conceived as a story whose "point" was to do things you could ONLY do in comics.
Yeah it was. And he definitely never called it a deconstruction, Moore has like an allergy to that particular word.

Where you getting your love and rockets shit from? I've mostly heard him talk about the portrayal of nudity in relation to the two, the way you get the panel call backs in Watchmen isn't in L&R tho.

>Advanced AI system on Krypton that interacts with its people
>Not Brainiac

Holy shit you pleb, that is NOT the origin of Brainiac. He is an alien you stupid casual. That origin comes from Smallville.

Yes. Like many decisions made in BvS it was an incredibly inspired idea almost certain to be rejected by most viewers. But yes, using a young, rich, entitled Silicon Valley style software tycoon to symbolize the link between capitalism and fascism was pretty damn clever. Could have also used some brutish Donald Trump type but that would haven been too on the nose.

Nah, it comes from the DCAU series first.

It's a better origin than his comic origin, though. The original idea isn't always the best lel.

>HE NEVER ACTUALLY USED THE WORD DECONSTRUCTION SO ITS NOT A DECONSTRUCTION REEEEEEEEE!!!!

Got what a shitty argument you've made. Yes it WAS intended as a deconstruction regardless if he used that word or not. Thats what was on the pitch document, the plot and story, not the methodology for which the story would be told.
>Where you getting your love and rockets shit from?

Because unlike you I am actually engaged in the world of comics:

tcj.com/the-gilbert-and-jaime-hernandez-interview/2/

SANTORO: So when we were traveling around this week there was something you mentioned, Jaime. I can’t remember which signing it was or little interview bit, but you were talking about … oh I think it was at the Philadelphia thing, they showed a slide from “100 Rooms,” and you started talking about the 9-panel grid of “100 Rooms.” And you said that Alan Moore really liked that grid and that he was going to use it for Watchmen. And I had never heard that story, so I thought I could just ask you to riff on that a little bit.

JAIME: Yeah. It’s basically what you just said. I mean, it was that simple. In an interview or something he just said, “I really love the story ‘100 Rooms’ and I love that grid. So we used that for Watchmen.” He just said exactly what you said. And after that, that was it. Of course in the back of my head, Watchmen became legendary in the comics circles and stuff. And I thought, well, guess what? At the time when he said it I go, “You’re going to use this 9-panel grid? Anyone can use a 9-panel grid.” It wasn’t the —

I agree that BvS had a lot of genuinely interesting ideas but I think that you're giving viewers too little credit.

Snyder's execution is to blame for the good ideas within the framework not being detected, not the viewers being too stupid. By making mistakes in execution, you distract from the greater point.

It actually comes from DCAU, and I know that his origin is originally unconnected to Krypton, but it is easily one of the best origin alterations of any DC character. It gives Clark a deep connection to the character, and gives Brainiac a solid reason to be obsessive to Kal El over other super humans.

>Red hair is the same thing as a overexaggerated, obnoxious schizophrenic whose personality reflects the Joker far more than Luthor
>Initially cites a comic less than a decade old and acts like a comic sage

Boy you sure showed me, user. I'm amazed your hands are open to type considering how much you're jerking off Snyder.