How can a show go from being so good in the first few episodes to being absolute dogshit by the end? Seriously...

How can a show go from being so good in the first few episodes to being absolute dogshit by the end? Seriously, what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=evaR8L8e1-U&t=549s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A S H I B A R A I

There's no way it could have ended well enough to please the masses. Honestly 13 years is a lot of build up for only 10 episodes to wrap up a series that was never meant to have a true ending

>The tears just won't stop!

I personally think the main theme of the series should have been accepting your past mistakes and moving on. Jack is obsessed with the past and Aku is obsessed with the future. Jack can only beat Aku once he accepts that he can't change the past. That was what the theme of the series seemed to be at the beginning before it jumped the shark.

Also what was the point of Jack not aging in the future? It barely played into the plot at all.

>What went wrong
Meddling and fuckery

>Also what was the point of Jack not aging in the future? It barely played into the plot at all.

So he could have a waifu and it not be a weird old man on very young girl relationship

Seriously that's it

The whole point of Jack not aging is so that they can go with the "50 year have passed" thing to emphasize Jack's failure for this long and create that suicide subarch.

There are only 3 reasons Ashi exists:
1. to get Jack out of this suicide arch
2. to have a way for Jack to get home, since otherwise, there are no portals
3. to create that edgy bittersweet ending

This is hard evidence that Ashi is nothing but a plot device of convenience this entire time.

They probably had more time to plan the first 3 episodes.

this video sums it up pretty gud

youtube.com/watch?v=evaR8L8e1-U&t=549s

The first 3 episodes were redone when they switched fron CN to AS. They had to keep all the others because it would cost them too much to redo all of them.

When is his concensus coming out?

>all this bitching about MUH FUTURE

>all this bitching about MUH PACING

>all this bitching about MUH ASHI, MUH SCOSTMAN, MUH AKU, MUH PACING, MUH FUTURE AND MUH FIRST 3 EPISODES

not yet E;R, go back to Sup Forums in the meantime

JUST STOP COMPLAINING
If you ignore the flaws, the show is great

>There's no way it could have ended well enough to please the masses.

Basically this. What I would say is Samurai Jack needed one proper episode just for epilogue. Cramming the entire resolution in the last five minutes was a bad course to take.

>naked Ashi ass on CN

yeah, nice story dude

All shitposting aside, was this really the best battle in the entire series?

Maybe some shoehorned in love interest that also happened to be a mary sue of some sort... But I don't remember them putting anything like that in

>Seriously, what went wrong?
Her.

Ashi. Yeah, I fucking know everyone already bitches about her, but goddamn was she unnecessary at first and just downright mary sue by the end.

yeah. but lets face it: it was pretty fucking predictable. I mean, did anyone actually think Jack was going to die and not defeat them?

The least Genndy could of done is maybe have one of the daughters do something where they inject poison into jack; which causes him to trip out and go crazy throughout the series or maybe handicap him in someone way. That would have been way more interesting than, "they died. Theyll never be seen again. next generic bad guy"

>There's no way it could have ended well enough to please the masses
No, go fuck yourself.

>Jack kills Aku in the future
>Goes back in time with the time portal shown in the Guardian episode
>Kills Aku in the past

There, that's it, add Ashi wherever you want in this fucking equation and it still ends up being a pleasing finale.

>The scotsman telling Jack to pick one of his daughters is gross

Tumblr tier

Thissu.
we had no need for anything like her

The scotsman's daughters are literal god tier compared to Ashi

Reminder that she is the REAL thicc waifu.