The movie was pretty good. There were some weird problems though

The movie was pretty good. There were some weird problems though.
Like, her weapon inconsistencies and the fact that all the main characters fought across the front line and were still clean and unbloodied by the end. Idk, little things like this made it underwhelming. Like, was this totally for children?

Bump

You know, you could have gone to one of the dozen existing threads about the movie and posted there, instead of thinking your opinion was just SO important it deserved its own thread as if this was your fucking blog.

Were you looking for a samurai jack thread?

>Like, was this totally for children?
The idea that this is a bad thing is troubling.
The idea that tweaking it is going to keep you from being seen as a child for enjoying it, is hilarious.

I was more getting at the clear effort to exclude blood or even wounds
Hell, they didn't even get dirty

Superhero movies now have to be family-friendly romps.

I took my kid knowing it was a WW1 movie
I saw terminator 2 at his age
I didn't know a complete lack of realism was needed to close the gap

Funny, when I complained about that exact same thing post Man of Steel I was told I was nitpicking. Yet nobody ever said that movie was for children.

I'm not saying it's just for children
I enjoyed it
But i was definitely taken out of it for stuff like this
That one mercenary in the bar is getting his face beat in, then he did down looking fine like nothing happened
Also haven't seen MoS

*sat down

Bump

Cute or beautiful characters can't be made dirty. This goes back as far as Aliens and Newt, where Ripley cleans her up immediately after establishing that she's believably dirty for a space orphan. A more recent example is Logan, where Sniktbub looks like a deranged hobo by the end, but Laura us neat and cute as ever except for a few blood stains on her clothes.

We don't exist in a vacuum. "Aimed at children" means that plot is dumbed down and the violence is toned down. Because the suits see children as drooling retards with ADHD who will pee their pants at the slightest hint of blood. The term "kids' movie" by itself is an indicator of garbage, all the good "kids' movies" are actually family movies who everyone can enjoy, while shit like the Oogieloves or Football/Hokey/Basketball/Water Polo/Soccer/Karate/Cop/Ghost Dog is what passes for a "kids' movie".

I'm not a big Forrest Whittaker fan.

i was ok with the bloodless combat, since adding blood sprays and severed legs would have made it inappropriate for children without actually adding anything to the film

it would make things more realistic, but seeing overt violence isnt really going to move the plot or tell us more about wondy

There could have been something to show they were actually effected by like getting butted in the face with a gun
Or even dirty or gritted up at all

Bump

Bump

I know why you made this thread, user.

Bump

She sure didn't LOOK like an amazon

I feel like sanitised, consequenceless violence is maybe worse to expose children to than the bloody, bone snapping, head popping kind

One normalizes, the other traumatizes, both idealize it most of the time. But an audience of popcorn-munching vegetable won't pay to watch a movie that portrays violence, it's effects and repercussions in a realistic, responsible way.

>now

This wasn't really sanitised nor consequenceless. They had a scene showing the aftermaths of battle. Characters did die. It didn't hide war is awful, it just wasn't graphic.

more like, Wonder Bread.

I think it outstood for its meaningfulness, although action was underwhelming

how would an obese super hero with super strenght work?
i mean if htey have super strenght they could still move without nay problems

UUUUUUH

They didn't even get dirty though