If Hanna-Barbera was still pumping out weird spinoffs of pop culture and other strange cartoons...

If Hanna-Barbera was still pumping out weird spinoffs of pop culture and other strange cartoons, what do you think they'd be making nowadays?

youtube.com/watch?v=WtW6wS3z97Q
youtube.com/watch?v=7ET9fSmoans
youtube.com/watch?v=2G1-6WBWvzY
youtube.com/watch?v=DSLB2K3FPRw
youtube.com/watch?v=U-mG2SVyqk8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5sGOfWP2bWk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fpbp

Yuropoor here, never knew all of these existed

I remember the Gary Coleman one.

A Girls adaptation where they end up in the Civil War.
Big Bang Theory where they end up on a primitive planet on the other side of the galaxy.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia but they solve mysteries and also have a band.

Hanna-Barbera made a lot of shows. Most people don't remember them cause they where short lived and such. Like the original Sealab 2020 wasn't that popular and only got popular when AS made the funny reboot 2021.
A lot of them where just trying to recopy a successful show like Scobby Doo. Just think about it the same formula for Scobby Doo was used in a bunch of other shows. Speedbuggy, Jabber Jaw, Captain Caveman and the Angels and etc.
Harvey Birdman did a good job of pointing that out in one of the episodes.

I wonder if the Herculoids could come back?

There'd probably be a full WWE cartoon about solving mysteries

This continued until the 90s.
Karate Kid
Back to the future
Beetlejuice
Men in Black

The problem is that todays movies are all book or comic adaptations and it's harder to make a cartoon with these. Too many licences, trademarks
Maybe:
>Fast and the furious
>Mad Max
>Pirates of the Carabbean

But Pirates of the Caribbean was a property Disney already owned.

They just don't turn it into a cartoon because by the time Pirates came around, action cartoons had fallen out of grace at Disney in favor of tween sitcoms and "But now the characters are in school" cartoons like what they did to Emperor's New Groove.

They always took whatever popular sitcom was around at the time and then added some kind of animal friend then placed them in a weird setting to make things wackier like the future or in space. I can see a few popular shows from the last few years happening.

>Friends would definitely be one. Only bringing back Marcel the monkey and probably placing them in the future since being "in the city" was a huge aspect of the show.

>Seinfeld only lost in space, and they have weird wacky aliens that they meet instead of odd people in New York. Maybe a Newman based alien friend is their sidekick.

>It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia but the gang travels around in a van and has adventures everywhere else. Frank is replaced with either a caveman, or a troll, or something otherwise small and hairy.

>Everybody Loved Raymond I can see happening. Maybe he is a superhero that has to deal with his family life more often. And his aging ex-hero parents still getting in the way. And there is a flying wonderdog because HB

>Big Bang Theory only they are all cartoon supergeniuses that build spaceships and cheese rays out of junk all the time like Dexter, Jimmy Neutron, and Susan and Mary Test all together. They will probably have a robot pal sidekick.

>>Seinfeld only lost in space, and they have weird wacky aliens that they meet instead of odd people in New York. Maybe a Newman based alien friend is their sidekick.

I'm imagining a Newman alien as something like cartoon Slimer. Just some little fat thing that eats everything comically

I can think of a timeline for this

2001-Future Friends: Chandler gets the entire apartment complex carbon-freezed for future folk to thaw out, now the gang and their monkey try to get home. Tries to be Futurama, fails miserably.
2002-Seinfeld in Space: Newman launches Jerry and his friends into space, hijinks ensue with Newman taunting them from the safety of earth. Tries to be Futurama, fails miserably despite genuinely funny episodes.
2003-Everybody loves Rayman: Raymond lives between a superhero family and a videogame icon, hijinx to follow with Rayman being the semi-focus because HB. Tries to be a proto-Superhero Squad Show, fails miserably.

id watch the its always sunny one.

>They always took whatever popular sitcom was around at the time and then added some kind of animal friend then placed them in a weird setting to make things wackier like the future or in space.

You know those guys from that band Limozeen? Well, they turned their tour bus into a space machine! But they're still Limozeen! But they're in space!

Someone get this man a job.

>They always took whatever popular sitcom was around at the time and then added some kind of animal friend then placed them in a weird setting to make things wackier like the future or in space.
If you people have never watched Partridge Family 2200 A.D., I recommend it because seeing the fucking Partridge Family puttering around in a Jetsons-style future is a fucking trip.

>It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia but they solve mysteries and also have a band.

i can't help but feel that this was an actual episode

William Hanna posts on Sup Forums

>2 1/2 men
the "half man" is a robot or something

>William Hanna's ghost haunts a cartoon message board, seeding ideas until one becomes a hit, at which point he will be free to go to heaven

Mad Max in the style of Wacky Races.

youtube.com/watch?v=5sGOfWP2bWk

holy shit

Oh man, they used to be so good wtf even happened? Html5 was a fucking mistake.

We'd finally get a Wendy's cartoon.

It better replace SU.

why did the Green Team fail?

The Big Bang Theory Mysteries.

Simone.

Would look at it.

>Frank is replaced with either a caveman, or a troll, or something otherwise small and hairy.

Frank is the Toll Troll and he has to get back to the Night Land. The gang helps solve mysteries while searching for a way to send him home.