Krusty was originally designed to be Homer's alter ego

>Krusty was originally designed to be Homer's alter ego
Would you have preferred it this way?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=l4UImEOR0Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=gi8GirMPeW0
youtube.com/watch?v=YDqYVNQIHRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It might have made for an interesting episode or two. I'm not sure if I like what that would do to his and Bart's relationship though. It makes them a little too close.

We'd probably would have seen almost no krusty after a while then

Yes, if they could have kept up the illusion for multiple seasons. We got way more interesting Krusty moments in the wake of the concept being dropped.

>marge was originally a giant Rabbit Person

>the aliens were suppose to be like the great Kazoo that would show up in random episodes but only Homer would see them (instead of just appearing in Halloween episodes)

no but I would have loved for marge to have rabbit ears under the hair

m.youtube.com/watch?v=l4UImEOR0Pc

>the aliens were supposed to be like kazoo
wasted potential the show

>tfw they put it in the arcade game

OP's not exactly telling the truth there.

After Principal and the Pauper was so roundly rejected by fans/deemed "worst episode ever", several butt-hurt writers kept pushing the idea of an episode where Krusty turned out to be Homer in disguise. The producers took the idea to Groening for his blessing/shooting it down and Groening not only angrily rejected the plotline but pointed out how it was outright impossible continuity-wise given how many episodes had Krusty and Homer were on screen together.

That's interesting, but OP's post was true. It was scrapped before the TV show was even finished developing though, so Homer and Krusty developed into completely different characters.

All of those concepts are retarded & horrible, glad they dropped them,

Maybe, but the DVD commentaries of the first two seasons have the writers confirm several times the idea was in the works but dropped very early on.

I thought it was morseo that Krusty and Homer had essentially the same personality and vices, but Bart liked Krusty better due to the tv glamor. Then they scrapped it and made Krusty just some stand-in whenever they wanted an established character to take potshots at the entertainment industry, despite no clown variety show existing past the early 90's

krusty's personality was way more different in the early episodes too, it seems like he genuinely liked being a clown and had a hard time being serious, i prefer that over the tired trope of a TV children's show personality being a complete asshole

I fucking hate lorefags. Principal and the Pauper has some of the best jokes in the show.

>he says as he posts the best skinner joke which is from like eight years prior

I can't think of one.

Oh yea, like when he was on a serious political show and he couldn't stop himself from clowning around when the camera was on him.

>"Sorry Kent but when the cameras get on me I can't help but be silly--!" Does clown things
>"Oh ho ho! That's okay, Krusty."
>Clowning Continues
>"KRUSTY!"

i fucking lose it every time i see it
youtube.com/watch?v=gi8GirMPeW0

"Up yours, children!" was funny but I can't think of anything other than that

>Groening stepping down to defend his show
wow

"If I had of know about the Vietnam War happening I would have just apologized to the judge" was pretty good

>A113
Californian autism.

Did you watch the YouTube video linked here?

It's obvious that at that time Homer and Krusty were the same person, but the concept was abandoned by the time the TV show proper began.

The arcade game was strange, they also made Smithers black because of that animation error early on.

It would be cool if it was heavily hinted but never actually revealed to Bart.

youtube.com/watch?v=YDqYVNQIHRg

no they didnt, Smithers was yellow