Shazam

Why does DC hate him so much

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1KeB2U_R_T4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they can't publish anything with his name on it because Marvel are petty cunts.

Marvel doesn't own the name Shazam, you roody poo.

he makes superman look bad

They own the name Captain Marvel.

Also, they didn't create him. They bought him from another company.

I honestly think DC is having a tough time finding a good actor for Shazam. Dude's gotta look big enough to stand next to the Rock, but also be a good enough actor to convincingly play a 12 year old in an adult's body. And also look like a movie star.

Imagine if Marvel Comics owned the character instead, and had cheerful Billy and his alter ego instead of going down the path of Sentry.

I know an actor like that... AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA

That's not that bad of choice actually. But I'm not sure if he's cut out for superhero movies

John Cena with black died hair.

>Dude's gotta look big enough to stand next to the Rock, but also be a good enough actor to convincingly play a 12 year old in an adult's body.

I don't know if it's because he's a good actor but he has 12 year old in an adults body down cold.

FUCKING GAMBIT holding this up.

Channing Tatum.

Captain Marvel is a superior Superman, but since Superman is the DC Guy

Johns already did "Billy Batson is a shitty Marvel teen" in his run on Shazam

DC doesn't hate him, they're just not sure what to do with him. He's essentially Superman, but the magic version. Why he doesn't have his own on-going is simple; his supporting cast is some orphans and a tiger.

>being this dumb

Actually unironically this, Cena when outside his wrestling environment has the mind of a neurotic 12 year old. He can play it to a tee.

Literally Channing Tatum

Just look at this
youtu.be/1KeB2U_R_T4

What said, and they have trouble meshing him in with their more serious stuff.

Chris Pratt desu senpai

Not big enough
Sure he is jacked but not huge
Shazam/Captain Marvel needs to be just as large as Black Adam

Tom Hardy is a rather large male.

What are you trying to say

He sucks and is a second rate Superman

Wouldn't it be weird to have a guy who is known for a different company's hero then play another for a different one

DC is in rebuild mode. I know a lot of people are getting impatient but give them time. I actually liked douchebag Billy and his friendship with Cyborg was great.

>that scene in justice league where shazam sees his first dead body

I do like his new gods that he got from the Darkseid War but I doubt that'll stick or even be used again.

No offense to anyone that like the new52 shazam, but he feels so...boring. Realistic boring.

He is a good character, but i enjoy the thunderworld billy more than him.

This

That's fucking bullshit good sir.

This would actually make a great foil to the Rock's Black Adam.

I still don't understand how the fuck did that happen.

Exactly, the N52 is exactly all the things on how not to portray him.

>Captain MARVEL

>44

I love this meme magic.

He's DC's stepson. Didn't originate with DC and was actually more popular than Superman back in the day. Plus the Marvel name doesn't help.

Too much like Superman in the eyes of normalfags.

A big guy

oh yes, marvel are such petty cunts picking up an unused trademark after DC killed Fawcett

Didn't Captain Marvel exist before marvel comics

What does that has to do with DC fucking up by not securing the trademark after absorbing Fawcett Comics?

>Dude's gotta look big enough to stand next to the Rock
Here you go

each fold can lift 200 lbs

That's not bad at all, man.

Everyone including DC sees him as "That other Superman" who is not as well known and not as valuable a property.

No one sees the point in promoting him when they can just as well promote Superman and have a guaranteed sale instead.

There was some point in time where he was surpassing superman. But how it dropped I don't know

That was the 1950's and it dropped when DC sued Fawcett and put them out of business. There were no Captain Marvel books being printed for over a decade.

Those days are not coming back, and even then referring to the glory days that were 60 years ago is long enough for it to be dropped.

The Fantastic Four were fucking huge in the 60's but they are dead now.

Why did they sue them. Similarities or something

Honestly, it's because the character is in Public Domain. His rights expired, and anyone can make a story with him.

DC doesn't want to do a lot of build-up with him, just to have someone else beat them to a movie, or make a better comic.

If this film was made 15 years ago, I would have chosen Terry Crews, as he's got the body, and would nail the child-like personality. Unfortunately, he's too old now.

Your choice is a good one.

Yea, he was too similar to Superman.

Comic and cartoon characters being pretty similar was a much bigger issue back then that it is today.

Yup, Captain Marvel's powers were almost completely ripped off from Superman, except that Marvel's went further.

Captain Marvel could fly before Superman, was strong than Superman, was faster over long distances than Superman, and was smarter/wiser than Superman.

Captain Marvel also had the extended Super-Family before Superman.

But the costume, the powers, the identity as a reporter (Billy was a boy reporter,) and the bald villain, were all stolen from Superman.

Fawcett's defense was that Superman had fallen into public domain, as DC/National Comics, didn't put legal information on their newspaper strips, and thus abandoned the character.

The lawsuit was settled out of court. Once Fawcette got into financial trouble, DC ironically started adding aspects of Captain Marvel onto the Silver Age Superman.

Captain Marvel/Shazam is my favorite super hero. It sucks what has happened to him, I can only hope we get a good movie with him.
I think I remember reading online somewhere that they're thinking of making a Superman vs Black Adam movie? Introducing Black Adam and the Shazam world. idk how I feel about that, but I don't like the sound of it.

You won't like injustice

Don't forget the part about DC being monopolistic faggots and killing Captain Marvel after killing Fawcett.
None of this "Shazam" renaming nonsense would have happened if they actually used him in the twenty years they had him and did nothing with him.

LONG time ago I had a friend inside DC who told me DC has always been AFRAID that Shazam could leech & dilute Superman's popularity like he did in the 40's. The theory being that he wouldn't bring NEW readers in but just divert the people who would have gravitated to Superman to Shazam instead.

Make of that what you will.