Captain Underpants thread

>they reference flip o rama
>harold tears the fucking page by accident
Why did it need to take almost 20 years to make a Captain Underpants movie?

So me and the boys are going to watch this on Saturday (in spanish :/), I personally haven't read the books, but one from the squad has and he really wants to see the movie (and so do I). To have a quick idea, can someone who has watched it rate it? no spoilers, please, don't be a poopy pant

Pilkey didn't want to sell the rights until he was done writing the books.

I don't get how this juvenile bullshit gets a pass but you people shat all over Sausage Party

One is toilet humor aimed at kids, whereas the other is "adult comedy" once again failing to be anything more than
>dude, that looks like a dick lmao
>that joke was a euphemism for sex lol
>haha she said "fuck" and "shit," this is mature for mature adults like myself

Captain Underpants has nostalgia factor, you have to keep that in mind.

I personally didn't like either movie. However I'd definitely rather watch Sausage Party over the other.

this. alternate theory I have is soccermoms would've blocked it

One is a juvenile kids movie not trying to be anything but that.
The other is a worse juvenile kids movie pretending to be an adult film.

We need more Underpants art famalam

Because it was from the perspective of two children, and played up to emphasize the innocence of these two kids.
Sausage Party writing was very stiff and forced, while the jokes in Captain Underpants were set up and executed with real thought and care.

I can't believe Sup Forums isn't raving over the absolute waifu in this movie. Shes really fucking cute, can't wait for dvd quality pics of her.

what why are they in clash of clans what i dont get it this makes no sense someone please explain this to me

Additionally, Pilkey was wanting to make sure it ended up with the right people and seeing How to Train your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda convinced him Dreamworks was the right place for his characters.

Pilkey was receiving movie offers for years, most often live-action ones with at least one pitch starring Chris Farley. But he kept on rejecting that shit until he felt he was ready.

crack crossovers, that's why. blame it on me, fuck my shit up and call me a faggot, but i had fun drawing it

well thanks for owning up user, thats very good of you. now burn that shit before someone gets hurt.

I haven't read any of the books in 5 years and I really enjoyed this film!
I really liked that Flip-O-Rama joke they made towards the end.

Also, I know "First Epic Movie" is referencing the "First Epic Novel" of the first book, but I wouldn't mind if they made sequels. I'm actually kinda hoping they do.

8/10
more like a hard 6.5 if you don't have any association with the books, I'd think.

>juvenile humor executed well in juvenile audience film
vs
>DUDE SEX LMAO

>GEDDIT? TACO MEANS VAGINA!
>MAN, THE ARABS AND ISRAELIS JUST NEED TO FUCK ALREADY.

I wonder if they're going to adapt the other books... HAROLD IS GAYYYYYYYY