USAvengers

Is this any good Sup Forums? It's got USA in the title so it can't be bad right?

It stops at good. Not great, amazing, phenomenal, just plain good. If it were on a pick list I would out it at 4tg or 5th

Well I should hope so, because if it turned out to be bad, then they would be disrespecting the greatest nation on Earth, and THAT is high treason.

>USAvengers

>No Captain America trio, Iron Patriot, Jack Flagg, American Eagle, USAgent, American Dream, Jesus Christ etc

It's one of those comics with a great premise and terrible implantation isn't it?

What's the deal with that fucking tank?

It tries to be wacky silver age crazy but it's just boring. And the characters are crap.

Ewing is based but this is some of his weakest work.

Like fucking Contest of Champions is way better than this, and that's a comic that had no right to exist whatsoever.

That being said if you were hooked on his New avengers then this is the direct continuation of that, and you can probably stay on for the characters and plot if not quality.

Same as the flag and statue of liberty. Only thing missing is a giant hamburger

Eh, it's not like it had much of a plot. I don't think Ewing will ever get anywhere with Evil Reed.

Well, Squirrel Girl doesn't look like a mutant troglodyte, so at least there's that.

Evil Reed is going to be over in Ultimates anyways right?

I'm gonna need some info on those two on the left.

I really can't get myself to read anything Marvel right now. They all fucking die in 12 issues.

New Avengers was special because it wasn't irredeemably bad and I wanted to look at Bobby's antics. I was not disappointed.

Iron Patriot girl whose introduction is her telling the reader how smart she is, about her dead father, and that she's a lesbian. The other one is a girl from Norway and Iron Patriot's girlfriend. Everytime they're on panel all they talk is how much they enjoy munching each other's carpet. I usually enjoy Ewing but I have no idea what he was thinking with this book.

I feel like the book is kind of leftovers for Ewing. Like, he probably wanted a bigger team, but just settled for something less so the book can quietly die out.

Toni Ho is cute though.

How can it be USAvengers when it's led by a Brazilian mugga?

It's ok, basically a continuation from the AIM Avengers run with most of the same cast.

I feel the same.

Like everything at Mavel, it isn't really being given any time to breath. It had one short 3(?) issue arc and then a tie in with Monsters Unleashed which lead immediately to a Secret Empire Prelude tie-in which will lead into a tie-in Secret Empire arc.

The first arc was fun though.

He probably wasn't. It's a common misstep of having a couple and not going into any details of their relationship. Which this sounds like a classic case of (though Sup Forums, grain of salt).

>Ewing

Mediocrity.

>Jack Flagg
He dead isn't he? But you got a point.

Ho Yinsen's kid and the former host of Pod, I think.

It's good, but it doesn't have much of its own identity because every second turn is walking into a tie-in for some event that I have no idea what's going on in, so it's forced to work in characterization around it.

Marvel trades must be like a written representation of ADD.

I'd say it's Ewing's weakest work. Solid and inoffensive but lacking in the energy and fun he usually brings to his books.

Not as good as New Avengers and it got pulled into an event tie-in a little too quickly for my taste. But it's alright. A decent enough read. Better than most of Marvel's current output at least.

>no Iron Patriot
Um, user, Iron Patriot is right there on the left side.

Also, Jack Flagg, USAgent and Jesus Christ are all dead.

That wasn't actually a Monsters Unleashed tie-in. It was just a one-shot issue that happened to have a monster in it. The gimmick to that issue was that it was "a 4 issue crossover event in 1 issue." Every few pages, it'd have a "shocking final page spread" then the next page would be a cover, then the following page would have the credits and title of the issue again, and repeat every few pages.

I thought it was a funny little gimmick but it obviously just a little fun one-shot buffer between the first arc and the secret empire tie-in.

I think US Agent is still alive but was last reported MIA in Syria

HydraCap probably didnt have him killed

his New Avengers was better... so..

You sound upset, did Toni Yinsen existing trigger you?

It's just Ewing's New Avengers rebranded and not as good.

It's being canned soon anyway. It's been well under the cancellation line the entire run, barring that whole "50 States Initiative" variant bullshit for the first issue.

Toni Ho

Her father's name was Ho Yinsen and Ho is their family name

Ewing made the same mistake when he created her in Secret Wars

Shame that Dani Cap couldn't stick around. It would've been interesting to see how she dealt with Secret Empire

Golden Skull was fun as fuck. Gay stuff isn't all in reader's face. That said, it's mediocre overall. And a Secret Empire tie-in isn't helping.

Hydra Cap died in CW2 right? That's around when the timelines diverged

She probably would have thought "sweet dodged that bullet"

This is more or less a "comic book" book.

By that I mean, it goes out of it's way to do things and tell stories that could only happen in a comic book and draws on the deep and often forgotten lore. You read this to see things that writers can't get away with in any other media like TV, cartoons, anime, manga, or radio unless they are adapting something from a comic.