Haha

Haha

aren't most jap and western animation done by koreans anyway

That's always been an exaggerated claim to the point it's almost a meme.

A lot of key animators for anime are still Japanese.

Before this becomes a shit stirring contest let me just say you're comparing a movie to a tv show. It's bull shit either way.

Haha its true. Cartoons suck.

The only western 2d movies are French and they're such weebs they're basically japs themselves.

why are these comparisons always so disingenuous

like when people compare 80s ovas to early 00s tv shows

and cinematic animation vs tv animation

are they just dumb, or they sarcastic in the first place?

And the real fun part is that an American animator earns like three times as much money as a Japanese animator.

Also, Rick & Morty is animated in South-Korea. It's literally an AH-KNEE-MAAY.

Where were you when Korean animation surpassed Japan? I like how Japan is basically regurgitating shit from the 80s and 90s and kids think this stuff is brand new. Meanwhile Korean studios are being directed by Western writers and creating something actually different.

One is a high-budget anime movie.

The other is TV show.

Nah.

>THE WEST
>shows a cartoon made in fucking KOREA

Holy shit, you retards are retarded.

This is a bait thread and that has already been pointed out multiple times.

gookman here, we still don't have many good ORIGINAL creative contents (video games or cartoon) anyway.

We seem to be good on animating other people's work, though

It shows that korean education tries to nurture everything BUT creativity, it is a shame really

so they rather should just show a blank image for the west?

>Movie about polar expeditions in tsarist Russia.
Such a staple of weeb culture.

You're dissing on Squirrel and Hedgehog?

No they don't. Japan makes plenty of good ones.

Can we turn this into a Kumatetsu thread?

Make it a Mamoru Hosoda thread (or even a foreign animation thread) and you got youself a deal.

But West write better husbandos and waifus than japs who just copy paste same archetype animu personalities and faces.

>Nip-Nong
>on Sup Forums
>Sup Forums
Somehow this seems less than likely.

The human like women in that cartoon do have romances with monster characters, tho

No one cares about being accurate, just about being "right"

This is somewhat misleading because these comparisons tend to compare entry level positions, and entry-level inbetweening work is not done in the US.

The Japanese system rewards animators who can do their work quickly, and there is always a steady need for animators because of the number of shows being produced. An animator here can go for long stretches of time without any work.

Nah, some animation still happens here.

Just not much.

>everytime "the west" is represented by the trashiest American thing they could find
I'd call it weak bait but we know it works everytime.

Compare rick and morty with knights of sidonia, noy a high budget movie that uses actual animation

>b-but Korean animators!

>Japanese animators still make keyframes animations and only send stuff in for inbetween and occasional cleanup work

>meanwhile, be an American animator who spent a fortune to get educated and make connections to animate
>you literally don't animate in anything except 3d movies, if you're doing 2d it will always be for a tv studio because 2d movies in america are fucking dead, but even then you don't fucking animate on tv anymore unless it's a tween show
>worked on a couple of shows for cn and nick and there isn't a single position in their animation studios where people make keyframes, american animation is in such a state where the only work "animators" do is storyboards, and basic ones at that, while the koreans do most of the work. If they do get americans to do anything it's only ever freelance work for commercials and almost never the show itself.
>literally won't allow you to work any other way, the thing you spent four fucking years at school for, to animate motion to motion, key to key, you don't fucking do that traditionally anymore, only if you work on puppet animation

I had to quit after five years because I just couldn't take it, I eventually just moved to the videogame industry because at least you can fucking animate there.

Fuck everyone who says things are fine, they're not, western animation is a fucking disgrace

Gook = korean
Nip = japanese

>literally has only worked in the US
>THE ENTIRE WEST IS A DISGRACE

>has to use shitty fanfiction and an idealized AU image of his husbando to get his point
Star vs. cucks are starting to become worst than SUfags.

bullshit you just don't look well enough

>I eventually just moved to the videogame industry because at least you can fucking animate there.
Are you working on something like 2D point and click adventures with a shitton of animations?

3d ruined anime. The amount of trainwrecks using those retarded generic 3d models painted over to look 2d is ridiculous

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

Is just a better show than your animu same faces cardboard cut outs. Deal with it.

gasp Wait a minute! This Bait has:
8 Beautiful Sides
8 Awesome Angles
8 Interesting Sides
8 Terrific Angles

This Bait’s an Octagon!

go back to >>>y/a/y OP, you're lost.

What anime is that?

Yes

see

They did berserk dirty

have you seen the original 1940 Pinocchio, completely hand drawn still holds up to this day

>And now that we have placed the bait, we watch the retards walk into it!

Eight is also the number of Chaos, which is exactly what bait sets out to create.

>implying that the onne in the top is indusrty standar

american animators dont fucking animate

>when Sup Forums says your "waifu" is not a real waifu for being western cartoon.

>when Sup Forums says she is ugly as fuck and dumb as hell like all cartoons.

I... I didn't even wanted a waifu anyways.

>Japan has a flourishing animation industry and (currently) a bustling economy
>Americans have to beg the industry for money and/or suffer 3-8 years between seasons because cartoons are considered "for children"
>Americans can't sell shit to audiences unless there are famous celebrities XD and pop culture references in their works

The state of the animation industry in japan is shit right now.
>Lower and lower budgets
>Less time between seasons
>Less episodes a season
But of course come to Sup Forums and make another generic shitposting thread.

This. You could have a fucking field day with finding mediocre TV animation in Japan.

Better be weebs with good 2d output than this disgrace

Thanks for giving me an excuse to post this garbage.

I don't remember this in soul eater

its the spin off

So is this thread heresy against the imperium

Instead of OP's shitty bait thread can we have east referencing west and vice versa thread

>the west
Studio Trigger need to quit relying on Flash Animation. Wait. It's a Nip studio.

>than japs who just copy paste same archetype animu personalities and faces
FALSE.
>Frankie from Foster's
>Wendy from Gravity Falls
>that one girl from Infinity Train
Lauren Faust is the cartoon archetype.

A Goddess amongst the cartoon industry virgin nerd lords.

Can we be actually honest and admit he has a point, cherrypicking aside?
Your average anime TV show is way better animated than a modern TV cartoon.

I'll take the west. More entertaining, less pretentious, still ends up looking better. Less furfaggotry.

I wouldn't have mind a berserk anime in the style of Inferno Cop or Ninja Slayer tbqh fampai

Are we talking of all time or modern stuff?

>THE WEST. shows a cartoon made in fucking KOREA

Because it´s cheap.

Everybody use Korea because because it's enough cheap for air to cable Tv. But the low birthrate is one of Korea’s most urgent socio-economic challenges and people need find another place for animate cartoons.

Ok.

Fuck off Laika fags!

But redheads are cute. CUTE

5 months too late to come to that conclusion.

I think it was John K (yeah I know, but he's still a business insider) who said that this is one of the reasons why animation, specially 2D animation is dead in the US of A. According to him, and other animators, NO animation is done here. Much like the American car industry the Animator's Union pushed for larger wages, even for entry level positions like inbetweener, over time his extended to animators, and yes the wages are higher, too high, lets be honest, no CEO is going to put a ton of money on a show he doesn't even know will succeed, so he will just get some Koreans to do it. The only job Americans do is storyboard and layout. In the past we had Japanese doing outsourcing, now we have Worst Koreans. According to John K the problem with the Worst Koreans is this:
>Before you can animate you have to do two other things: storyboard and layout.
>After that comes the key pose which ARE NOT supposed to be exact copies of the layouts.
>Koreans don't know his for some reason, and in fact they actually end up toning down the layout poses. If you want to know why American toons never look as good the storyboard, well this is the reason
>Worst Koreans also don't understand that good animation doesn't have equal movements, which explains why Murrican cartoons look robotic as all hell.
All this because of unions, fuck these liberal cunts. At least we have YouTube animations, oh wait...
Chris O'Neil you potato eating primate. Is this you?

It's a shame that the top still looks awful for all the effort. The movements are slow and meandering for what's supposed to be a fight scene and don't convey any of the weight that they should.

I nominate Mexico for this.

Anime isn't defines by a nationality you, in the same way cartoons are not, you mong. Plus, Koreans do the background animations and other shit the Americans don't want to do

>Animator's Union pushed for larger wages
>pic related
Well damn, I was planning to have a studio of my own one day that did animate things. Guess I'll have to stick to hiring and teaching minors how to draw the same picture over and over again.

We'll see how Trump' s presidency goes, he has already blocked Ford from moving it's production to Beanland

I've been watching too many chinese cartoons. Forgot how good animation could be.

Despite the understandable gloom and doom that people are talking about in regards to the current state of the Murrican animation industry I do have this prediction: 2D will come back. There was time when you couldn't find it anywhere in American films. Now more movies have 2D scenes:
>The backstory animation in Sausage Party
>The fact that a majority of the Spongebob movie was done in 2D
>The 2D opening of minions
So yeah I think it'll come back. There just needs to be that one studio that keeps it alive, that's kind of what Laika is to stop-motion

So what you're telling me is we have to bring back jobs to this country and make animation great again?

All we need is a viral video about how we're losing our animators due to unreasonable regulations and Trump will do something about it.

>the only response to american animation is to post a series of shorts that were explicitly made to be as ugly as possible
impressive, very nice

>45 dollars hourly
You know, I would of been perfectly fine with 17 dollars an hour. I guess I should just move into doing animation for video games like Spazkid.

>furry bait fighting anime
Really impressing me here, weebs.

Tell me the whole story user

Seems unfair to compare a movie to a television series.

>78,000 dollars a year to make noodlearm shit

Clearly what we need is to shift to 3D animation, but use whatever voodoo space magic Guilty Gear uses to make it's 3D models look like 2D animation.

Honestly I think the best chance 2D has is if a group of guys pull a "Daicon Film" and bunk together for a year to animate something special on their own.

Disney did some good work there, but Japan is experimenting with it a lot more

Fuck off, 3D has the same issues flash does.

You realize that's a product of low effort and not medium choice, right?

most of the puppet tweening animation isn't

To do what you would want to do in 2D with 3D would take more effort.

Creating a new model for every frame would take longer.

What makes you think a new model needs to be made for every frame?

It doesn't need to happen, but to meet the quality of traditional animation it does.

The nature of traditional animation forces the animator to make the proper unique keyframe for each unique movement (inbetweening is important but slightly less thoughtful)

With 3D it's the same issue as flash, it's all puppet animation with model limitations and reused assets.

Studio Trigger are massive westaboos, I remember the chaos that one of its Staff has started after He went to Sup Forums and gave away spoilers for the new episodes ... also picture related

>fuck these liberal cunts

Yep! :)

>It doesn't need to happen, but to meet the quality of traditional animation it does.
It really fucking doesn't. Stop exaggerating.

There were also several parts of the Captian Underpants movie in 2d.