What were Slade's motivations in the cartoon?

What were Slade's motivations in the cartoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k3C_0EEulPs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stripping raven

He wanted an apprentice which was code for "My fetish is taking advantage of underage teenagers".

He just liked fucking with kids. Both figuratively and literally.

fuck shit up

being the ultimate lurker

But why? Why did Slade wanted an apprentice?

Also that design is utter shit, I'll take the one from the arkham series over this any time

This

That design looked clunky as fuck

>Seasons 1 and 2: Get an apprentice to do things for him since Wintergreen disappeared after the pilot.
>Season 4: Come back to life in exchange for fucking with the teenagers he hates.
>Season 5: Laugh at Beast Boy's pain.

To take over Jump City for vaguely established reasons.

Remember that episode where Slade used magic to make a giant fire monster? Lots of shit wasn't explained about him.

>that time Zone made a hentai animation using unaltered dialogue from the same episode it was parodying

This bossfight was awesome

Triple dubs confirm.

Good times.

I like to believe Beware the Batman is a prequel to Teen Titans. Not just because Glen Murakami was a producer on both, but because he'd be trying to take away Batman's protege because Batman cucked him out of a mentor and father figure, and never got over it.

It's pretty fucking obvious that The Batman is the prequel show. I mean, just look at the two Robins.

The existence of Killer Moth shoots that down, though.

He mutated once. He could have done so again.
There are too many similarities between the two shows to be coincidental (art styles, kung fu fights everywhere, etc.), and Murakami was a producer on The Batman as well.

What similarities? The same bug-eye masks?

I don't even think Robin was meant to be any version of Robin or have any identity. Teen Titans was never about answering questions.

Both Robins were Dick Grayson, and both had very similar designs overall: color scheme, etc.
And there's also the stuff listed in

To fug teenage girls and cuck Beastfag

Oh fug, you're right.

>both of the girls Slade does shady shit to are the girls BB is always shipped with
>at the end of the show, he shows up to laugh at BB for being ditched by Terra

Based Slade.

If Robin wasnt a moron, BB and Terra would've been a happy couple

>Terra finds out everything about the Titans
>including that Raven can't fully control her powers, but the Titans still accept her
>still hates them irrationally and tries to have them all killed, even though that acceptance is all she wants

???

>Both Robins were Dick Grayson

Source on TT Robin?

In the episode "Fractured", an alternate version of Robin with identical DNA appears, whose name is "Dick Grayson" spelled backwards. And to really hammer the point home, they actually show the name looping around, so you see "Dick Grayson" written on-screen.

There's at least one other clue as well, but that one can't really be interpreted otherwise. Plus IIRC the crew referenced that episode when someone asked them about Robin's identity.

>Robin that is romantically involved with Starfire, becomes Nightwing in the future and is the leader of Teen Titans
He is probably Jason Todd

But Jason is Red Hood

before I understood how licencing worked, thought he was trying to get @ batman through the titans

Maybe he had connections to Trigon at that point? I mean, does the show ever say that Slade only made a deal with Trigon after he died?

He wasn't a showrunner, though.

I don't think they're actually meant to be connected, but if you find it fun to do so, go ahead.

Nah a flashback had trapeze. It's Grayson

This theory is interesting since they never said when Slade made the contract with Trigon. Slade just said that Trigon would bring him back to life if he captured Raven.

To be fair, Tim also witnessed the trapeze deaths as a kid in the audience.

I think Robin was just meant to be a combination of Dick and Tim, with maybe some Jason, with no clear identity. They just happened to give him more of Dick's stuff.

The writers of the show have confessed they gave it less thought than the fans did.

I thought the same

Jealous of Batman, figured he might be satisfied if he took a Robin, plus he would save loads of time on the basic training.

>essentially ironclad proof from the show itself
>someone else already posted about it ITT
>nah let's just use circumstantial evidence instead

It's a kid's show so he's bad because he's a bad guy. End of story.

Cuckery.

... care to give us a link?

I'm well aware that there's no official connection between the shows, but the thing is that The Batman has an excellent backstory for the Robin from Teen Titans. It was something TT itself felt deeply lacking in, albeit for understandable reasons.

There's also some additional evidence I forgot to mention: the Batman in the Teen Titans follow-up comics looks a lot like the 2004 cartoon version in particular, and also the two shows had ludicrously similar structures: 65 episodes (5 seasons of 13 episodes each) + 1 movie (though TT also had a "lost" episode), with each season focusing on a character arc but still being mostly episodic, and season 5 of each show being very controversial for introducing a bunch of new characters. Each show also got tie-in comics set in its own style.

Why is he so obssessed with putting Beast Boy to the cuckshed, what did he ever do to him?

I remember when 65 episodes used to be the standard. I would've been happy if YJ, GL:TAS and BtB got to last that long.

I believe in their first face-to-face encounter, Beast Boy was the one who ended up defeating Slade by kicking his ass in T-rex mode.

I haven't seen the show in forever but I distinctly remember Beast Boy being the one who beat the shit out of Slade long before the Trigon/Terra shit started.

65? I dont remember a show going past 52, 26 each season for both of TAS and the original JL I think JLU too but honestly I cant remember

IIRC neither Teen Titans nor The Batman were expected to last that long. Both just got high enough ratings that they weren't cancelled until major shakeups happened (executive changes at CN for the former, Kids WB shutting down for the latter). Again, the parallels are obvious.

Also it looks like YJ is likely to surpass that number now, which is pretty ridiculous actually, given the quality of that show in comparison.

>YJ

What went wrong

52 is the standard, 65 only happens if you're popular enough to get the extra 13

Faggots like much of Sup Forums complained that Teen Titans was too "immature", so they got edgy trash

Maybe show-wide, Slade was interested in the Titans because he already knew about the from Trigon, so he knew they were powerful. Then he focused on Robin, who he found to be the most unique of them all due to his lack of powers.

To control the city and have an apprentice, but part of the charm of Slade was how little was explained about him.

Honestly I prefer the animated version to the comic one, and a lot of it is due to the sheer mystery of Slade. Like his plans are always bigger than what the Titans can comprehend.

I also loved their version of Brain and Mallah. It was great to see them become big time villains.

Teenager acts irrationally and shows no self-awareness, news at 11.

>Patiently we watched you all. Waiting for our moment to strike. You forged your alliance, you trusted without cause. And finally when you thought your world was safe… it fell apart before your very eyes. You are merely pawns in a game, and you have played your part perfectly. There is nowhere you can hide. And there is nothing you can do to stop us. Each small victory brings us closer to an even greater prize. The elimination of an entire generation of heroes. and we owe it all to you… Robin. Your network has been crushed. Your friends have no way to communicate or follow your commands. Together you may be formidable. But apart… you are lost, powerless, mine. You will fall, one by one. Who among you can possibly stop me now?

*Teenage girl
Guys don't usually get the leeway to act like that.

There is literally a scene with him and Raven and she sees his parents dying via falling

>so they got edgy trash

Which perfectly describes Robin anytime he deals with Slade.

How?

Yu-Gi-Oh! cards

>Little green one. You always try so hard, and always fail so completely. This time will be no different.

*no exception
Come on man, get it right at least.

It's rare for me to respect a character this much.

Fuck.

Holy shit.

The show goes completely and utterly grimdark without anything that justifies the aggressive tone switch.

It's quite shallow and empty, borderline Hot Topic.

>without anything that justifies the aggressive tone switch
You mean besides facing the only major villain who is almost consistently one step ahead?

What? That's not what happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=k3C_0EEulPs

Or did you mean the comics?

Fuck off, Slade's design was the shit

Ruining the ending.

He just wanted to mess with super powered teenagers because he could and he probably had a fetish for it.

So why did he mess with Robin first and foremost

Considering Robin's costume I'm inclined to say that isn't the first fight.

I could be very wrong though.

This is the first time the rest of the team is there to fight the real Slade. Otherwise it was just Robin.

Sorry I guess I should have said "superhero" instead of "super powered".

Anyway his urge to mess with Robin specifically was probably because of his connection to Batman. The whole thing was just him getting off to causing teenagers pain and manipulating them.

It was a reskined version of Ra's al Ghul's fight in City

There's no proof Slade even knew of Batman in the show.

Because he's gay

You know this isn't exactly wrong.
>Hello birthday girl.
He was just being helpful.

t. Beast Bitch

>what is sarcasm