Why has The Flash been nothing but mediocre since Barry came back? I am not picking on Barry specifically...

Why has The Flash been nothing but mediocre since Barry came back? I am not picking on Barry specifically, I am just wondering why it has been so meh ever since he has returned as The Flash.

It was pretty mediocre beforehand too. The post-"infinite Crisis" Mark Waid run with Wally's Tornado Twins was the beginning of the end.

Yeah but Waid was going down hill in general then. Why hasn't any author that replaced him been able to do good? It's been 10 fucking years now.

Shut up Wallyfag, go die in obscurity like your homo idol.

>Shit up Wallyfag
So everyone who didn't start with the mediocre New 52 and mediocre TV show are now Wallyfags? By that logic wouldn't I also be a Jay fan and a silver age Barry fan? I am just a Flash fan who wants The Flash to be good again.

>Hey Everyone in this thread did you know I hate Wally!

I blame it on flash writers playing it a little to safe with Barry's character and just retreading the waid/Johns stories,someone needs to stop Williamson from continuing the over narration that Buccelato used,a protagonist that rarely speaks or shows character is dull,also fuck of with return of Barry Allen/Blitz/Rebirth/rogue war redoes(Looking at you Daniel,NuCold and Godspeed).

Williamsons runs been going in a good direction with mentor Barry plus some new spins on Eobard/Barry so I have hope
The flash franchise just needs new story ideas,Black hole/Eobard best friend are steps in the right direction

Didn't Black Wally run off an now Barry has no one to Mentor?
Barry is such an understanding lovable guy when he is with other people but feels like a brooding loner in his own comics.

They need to bring him back,Barry being a great teacher is a nice unique feature,Honestly with dumping all the dad drama and removing the will they/won't they aspect with Iris,Williamson Barry is the most interesting Barry has been in forever,loose the narration boxes and he's perfect

It was only a matter of time for the falsflagging Barryfag to show up.

As to answer your question, OP, all they've been doing is regurgitate stories since 2006, even before Barry cameback. Flash peaked around the 90s and early 2000s. Waid proved the Flash's biggest asset, but also spelled its downfall to mediocrity. People think Batman and Superman are bad when it comes to repeating stories, but Flash has had it the worst for a good decade. It just became noticeable once Barry arrived. This isn't a Barry or Wally problem, its a Flash problem in general.

These are generally people who only watch the show that think they are Barryfags but in reality don't know that comic Barry is different from show Barry.

Falseflag? So I have to qualify something I like? Weird.

let me guess, ISIS aren't real muslims either.

It was bad several years before Barry came back, basically after Johns left pre-Infinite Crisis

Someone at DC hates Wally and the entire flash family it's a public secret

It's easier to believe you are just shitposting than believe you like the mediocrity that is Nu52 Flash and the current TV show. Even if you are underage that is no excuse.

>HEY LOOK EVERYONE JAY IS BACK
>Only shown for 2 pages and then disappears

It happen way before Barry came back, you pleb. It was shit title since Johns left (2005-2009)

That was 4 years user. Barry has been back for 8.
In total Flash has been shit for 12 years. That is amazing.

Not underage nor do I like obnoxious minorities that border on the obscene. Especially vocal ones that make up wallyfag fanbase. I could like or leave wally in itself but you people make everyone hate you.

Left to himself as a character nobody would care one way or other if people like him.

You are the problem, not the character. The more you try to deny what is coming, more you'll be hated.

What is this underage sperg going on about? You seriously upset most of Sup Forums find current flash mediocre?

I think he believes it's characterfaggotry that makes people think the newer stuff is bad, while of course ignoring the book was shit even when Waid came back and wrote Wally and his kids.

It's almost as if people are upset that the flash hasn't been good since Barry came back or something. I don't want Wally to replace Barry I want Wallace to.

Not at all, I gladly accept people having different opinions from me. I dislike people trying to act like they're a majority when they're a tiny vocal minority, that makes threads and wonders why people call them obnoxious.

Samefagging threads and making the same shit threads over and over and then trying to play innocent like you're not same people making the threads is hilarious.

oh no, he called me a kiddo, surely this gives him the upper hand, etc etc.

I completely understand why Wally got replaced. Wally will always be my favorite but his story was done and there was nothing more to do with him. Bringing Barry back as his replacement though was idiotic because he has the same problem. There was a video an user made a few weeks explaining this Shit in good detail.

>you people make everyone hate you.

> hating a character based on his fandom

get a load of this spineless faggot. kill yourself and do the world a favor.

The majority of Sup Forums thinks the flash hasn't been good in years. Lurk more.

Wally fans are the majority user. This has always been the case in Sup Forums. Look up Sup Forumss recommend Flash

The problem is that they tried doing a new one with Bart and it failed. At that point if you need guaranteed dollars go for someone already in the franchise, so I get it. Financially it has worked even though it's not worth reading.

Ideally if Johns had been able to tell his story we would have seen how they can all work together without feeling stale but his run was undercut by editorial (did not allow him to tell stories with anyone buy Barry) and the reboot (obviously derailed all his plans). And no one has had any idea what to do with any of the characters since then.

>Said the same 5 faggots that make these threads.

I'll take your advice when hypocrisy ends here.these threads never get above 10 to 15 people

I would love a flash series that gives equel time to the 4 speedsters. I wish DC stopped pushing Barry and only Barry.

>said the same user that shitposts in them
Most of Sup Forums likes 90s and early 2000 flash best and this has always been the case

Flash is one of the best things coming out of DC Rebirth™

We are at a point where we need a bingo to keep up with Flash stories. Flash has been shit since 2006 but it's now stuck in the hell of mediocrity, which is worse in many other ways. At least prior to 2011, Flash writers TRIED new things (Negative Speed Force included), now they just go for the safest stories and rehash shit.

> Never known before BFF betrays Barry (Because Blitz worked, nevermind Hunter was a part of supporting cast before his betrayal)
> Evil speedster!
> Speed Force went bonkers and it's Barry's fault!
> Let's do a throwaway Rogues story to remind people they still exist
> MUH DEAD MUM
> Something something time travel is wrong
> Super edgy Flash casuals will eat shit up

Rinse and fucking repeat.

I forgot

> When in doubt go "IT WAS ME BARRY"

Because Barry is boring and nobody actually likes him.

He is only going to get worse as the movie franchise makes him obnoxious

They are going to turn him into Star-Lord, aren't they?

>> MUH DEAD MUM
I hate that retcon. But muh boring allen he was fine before that retcon.

The movie version is just an OC with the same name like the CW show and even DCAU Wally.

Because he wasn't brought back for any other reason that Geoff Johns wanted him back.

Absolutely no one was asking for Barry to return at the time. No one. He never had that groundswell of support Hal did when he was gone, he never had people constantly complaining he wasn't around like the FF the past few years. He had a good run (zing), a good ending, they even came up with a way for him to periodically pop up since he was in the 30th century for awhile. It was perfect and they fucked it up because not muh Flash.

Johns didn't want him back. EVS wanted him back. And Morrison is the one who actually did it.

Once it was decided he would be back though Johns wanted to write all the speedsters together which is why he brought Wally back, revived Bart, and streamlined the Tornado Twins "history".

No more evil speedsters and replace Barry

Not sure if should be thankful or depressed that they don't run COIW homages to the ground.

Writer who decided to bring Barry back permanently needs to be smacked.

I really want them to bring Max back. He quickly became my favorite member of the Flash family.

>I am not picking on Barry specifically
Why not? There's a reason he was seen as acceptable to kill off in the first place.

Sadly the Flash books have been mediocre since Johns first left in 2005.

Speaking as a Barry fan, shut the fuck up dude.

The best thing to come out of Barry's return is all the Professor Zoom stuff.

what's more pathetic?

Flashfags arguing over flashes or Robinfags arguing over robins?

Robinfags. At least the Robins get a lot more exposure(with Tim only very recently being left out in the cold). The Flash is basically two major characters fighting over one title so it's only natural the fanbases butt heads.

>Sadly the Flash books have been mediocre since Johns first left in 2005
He is right.

This is literally a self answering question. Barry's comeback was literally what made Flash mediocre. Hell even post infinite crisis despite being a Wally run was "mediocre" partially because of executive decisions to bring Barry back.

That's some interesting mental gymnastics: even Wally's run was bad because Barry.

Waid rage-quit Wally's second run because he learned that it was a mere fill in until Barry came back.

You can't make that shit up.

No, it's been mediocre since Wally came back.

This. Every major Robin outside Tim has an even level of exposure with their own appeal. They can reasonably leave eachother alone, but Flashfags are eternally tied given for one to have dominance the other must lose it.

Why did this turn into characterfaggotry again? It's true that Flash is shit for a while. How do we fix it? That's the most important.

Nightmare mode: No killing off Wally or Barry.

Someone bringing up "Wallyfags" out of no where.

If New 52 hasn't a horrible failure eventually there would have been a New COIE.

And quite a while before then.

What he said user.

Look, the entire Flash mythos was about legacy. Running your race and passing the torch. The fact of the matter is bringing Barry back ruined both characters

ally West’s development is rendered irrelevant by the fact that he more or less ceases to exist in favor of having a book about guy whose defining moment loses all of its impact.

Wally*

This. The Flash is the hero that defined Legacy heroes. Idiots who want Barry to be the one man forever probably started with the show and never read the comics.

Also a Grodd story

You are still not answering the question though: What can be done to salvage Barry without killing him? He can't keep repeating the same 5 storlines over and over again.

Superman is pretty much like Barry but he doesn't face this problem.

Has Grodd ever had a good story at all? He seems to be all hype but no substance.

Have him take a Jay Garrick like role while making Wally the main Flash again. Then pass it onto New Wally or something idk