How can other male comic book characters compete?

How can other male comic book characters compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/star-trek-4-development/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They cant, steve was so op they had to off him

Didn't get tied up nearly enough desu.

Even in the one scene he was tied up they barely had him bound.

Chris Pine is one of the most attractive human beings on the planet and they blew their chance to have him tied up on screen. Bunch of bullshit, 0/10, F minus.

>b-but mansplaining

>Sup Forums before the movie
>"Nobody cares about Steve Trevor, he's shit!"

>Sup Forums after the movie
>"STEVE IS BEST HUSBANDO, I WANT TO HAVE HIS BABY!!!

By being above above average

This board is pretty much Tumblr, you shouldn't expect much different

Is Steve the only capeshit guy that actively used sexual prowess and seduction to try and get a one up on the enemy? It almost worked. Loved that he did it as a spy, usually that's reserved for women in fiction only.

But I liked Rebirth Steve "Operator" Trevor

Sup Forums doesn't read comics so they didn't really know who he was before seeing the movie, since most of the Sup Forums posters have never even seen the original Wonder Woman TV series anyway.

Never called him husbando you gay retard

Coming from a hardcore Wondiefag, he kind of WAS shit, and I anticipated the movie version would be pretty definitive because of how hot and charismatic Pine is.

Steve spent most of the 70's dead, and post-Crisis got made into an older man and basically a tertiary character so he never really got to be developed into a well-rounded character.

If he was around more in the 70's and reflected the TV show version, I bet he would have become as iconic as Lois Lane.

I wonder if, if the next movie is set in the present day, they'll just keep Pine and say he's the original's grandson like they did in the TV show.

>the original wonder woman TV series

Below Xena-tier garbage

By being alive.

>I wonder if, if the next movie is set in the present day, they'll just keep Pine and say he's the original's grandson like they did in the TV show.

Wouldn't that make things kind of.... weird? Like she swoons for the grandson who looks exactly the same as his grandad?

There's a reason we're called Sup Forumsmblr

they can't, he was literally perfect

I liked the chemistry they both had. It is always a nice surprise in an a action movie.

pretty sure he was teleported out before it blew up

Wonderbats is endgame for the DCEU though

>didn't even think of throwing a grenade at the back and jumping of the plane with a parachute

Othe male characters can compete by NOT DYING LIKE A BITCH

Texanon pls control yourself

Probably not the only one, but it's fairly rare. Usually you only see male seduction in an actual pickup context.

Are you an idiot? The gas would have killed him as he fell. The explosion itself wasn't the main issue.

L O fuckin L nigga, he could've just divebombed at an angle, making him move farther forward and pull his chute at the last minute

Dude was a terrible soldier. Panicked in a stressful situation and opted to kill himself instead of looking for other alternatives to secure the objective and live at the same time

You are a stupid and utterly retarded faggot

Did they at least bang before he blew up?

He didn't have a parachute.

You bet.

>a fully-completed aircraft that was meant to be a major instrument to win a world-scale war not being fitted with all the standard tools and equipment a plane should have

Yes please convince me more as to how a plane that important wouldn't have parachutes installed from the get-go

ww1

The first successful test of using a Parachute to jump out an Airplane was a year after the war ended.

Because parachutes were standard issue in Great War-era planes, yeah?

(You)

I knew it would happen.

But I liked Steve to begin with, so... I think he just needs his spotlight from time to time for readers to get interested on him. And some charming personality trait, that the current Steve has shown slightly, but hasn't' blossom, yet.

It's not, but it's not usual, yeah.

I don't know. They did it with the other Steve and the Carters, and it didn't bring a shitstorm.

>a 1940's American spy acting as a modern neoliberal progressive who is mild-mannered towards a woman who badmouths his superiors and humiliates him in public
>not once does he smack her or leave her behind
Most fictitious part of the movie.

>1940's

It was the 70's, people banged their friends' grandkids all the time.

1918 spy.

I... I... I don't know, user. Here things were different.

Fuck, it even proves my point tenfold.

Fuck off, Millar. Not everyone from the past is a hateful piece of shit.

>Not even the best Steve Trevor

pleb detected

More Miller than Millar

It's not about being a hateful piece of shit but that we're talking about making what was customary back then. Have some Amazonian demi-goddess and the God of War duke it out but make everyday life somewhat believable for fuck's sake.

he was like 2 weeks away from that

This was during Women's Suffrage, dumbass, not the fucking 1600's.

You really have no understanding of history, do you?

>I will smack the superpowered woman who saved my life.
Brilliant!

If they want to make Steve look younger, all they have to do is have him shave his beard

Hitting women in public wasn't really common, it was done behind closed doors. You really have a lot of odd misconceptions.

But even if he would normally hit a chick in that situation Steve didn't care that she spoke out because he was going to disobey them anyway. Did you watch the movie?

>"STEVE IS BEST HUSBANDO, I WANT TO HAVE HIS BABIES !!!

In current continuity he's probably around the same age as Diana, maybe a couple years older, so he's fine now.

Still hotter without it, though.

They didn't 'bang'. They made love

Being a spy means he needs to adapt to different cultural norms quickly. So he adapted to Theymiscura's norms around Diana. Plus he clearly had the hots for her.

And slapping around a woman he knows could easily kill him would be idiotic.

>implying women didn't get smacked around in the Suffragette era
Yeah those women sure had it amazing and I'm the one who doesn't understand history? Or the fact that he didn't show a hint of early 1900's chauvinism. It's like he came straight out of today's decade. The movie would have been somewhat more believable if it was set during the Cold War.

>who humiliated me in front of my superiors
Not smack, but at least left behind. But it was also the fact that he acted and spoke as someone out of this decade.

I almost exclusively read Miller so you caught me.

>"STEVE IS BEST HUSBANDO, I WANT HIM TO HAVE MY BABIES !!!

>Clark fucked Lois in a tub
>Steve fucked Diana under the dim light of a city in a moment of peace
>Flagg shagged June
>Joker and Harley probably did a lot of weird shit
>Bruce just broods in the cave

Wonderbats this November

>I will left behind the superpowered woman who is the only person who is willingly helping me to stop the enemy's plan and also can read and speak any language.
Brilliant! What a genius!

unacceptable

Just because some people were cruel to women back then doesn't mean ALL men were.

Steve doesn't act like that in the comics that were written IN the 40's, so what fucking reason would he have to in the movie?

The entire point of his character is that he's a man who accepts the love and protection of a more powerful woman.

>Steve doesn't act like that in the comics that were written IN the 40's, so what fucking reason would he have to in the movie?

becuase user's domestic violence headcanons matter more than correctly adapting characters

>Steve doesn't act like that in the comics that were written IN the 40's, so what fucking reason would he have to in the movie?
That's because Golden Era was written for kids. It wasn't until the 80's that real life was depicted for what it is. And you're right, not all men were cruel but you're missing my point. Good and bad men all shared an equal amount of disrespect to women out of customary practice. It wasn't about being bad or good. And not a single racial slur towards the Turk and the Indian?

Still doesn't mean he would have been as subservient to her in that time period.

You think Steve is the only dick Diana has had in 99 years?

You're just making shit up now. Literally the first issue of Action Comics has Superman stopping a guy who was beating his wife. They weren't afraid to show it back then.

He's the only one that mattered, and at least pretty crisis Steve got to marry Diana

Bump

People wanted Atwell to come back after The First Avenger as Sharon, just have her put a blonde wig and speak with an American accent just to have her in the movies again.

Even Atwell said she was up for it when asked.

Then they cast VanCamp and suddenly it was wrong, and Atwell thought the Sharon/Steve thing was wrong despite Peggy and Cap only having one kiss, Peggy having move on with another guy, and Sharon being a distant relative of hers.

So yeah if Pine came back as Steve Trevor the 4th or whatever no one would bat an eye as long as it was still Pine.

Stay delusional Wonderbatfag.

She rejected him in that BvS dance scene and used him to get info, also Bruce is not Diana's type.

Pretty sure Whedon will shoot down that pairing since he dislikes it.

I really think they'll just teleport him to the future. The cuts during the death scene felt perfectly set up for us later on getting the view of what /really/ happened inside the plane to cause the explosion.

They haven't settled on an idea for a sequel - as of yet. Patty has given interviews since the opening on Friday where she says she has an idea for the sequel, but WB should just embrace the weirdness of comic books and create an alternate universe Steve Trevor for wherever they end up setting WW (which if they are sensible, they will consider doing as something possible Cold War).

Alt universe Steve would be... kind of too weird. Not in terms of the concept, but in that it's basically the same as banging your dead ex's twin brother.

Time travel would be a better excuse.

Or, you know, Underworld, Hades, Circe...

Does Pine want to come back though? He has to do Star Trek

I imagine he would because he really liked working on the movie and I'm sure they'd pay him well since he was part of why the first movie has been such a success.

Are they even making a Star Trek 4?

Is scheduling really a concern? The next WW wouldn't even be for several years. Most actors do like a movie a year.

Im straight, but Id rather marry Steve than half the female love interests from other cape shit.

>that scene where Diana and Steve are about to bang
>Diana stands taller in heels than Steve's normal height
MUUUUHHH DIIIIIIIIIIICK

Yeah they're doing it. They've already discussed how they aren't replacing Chekov's actor.

slashfilm.com/star-trek-4-development/
Quinto doesn't look so sure. They are working on it but it hasn't been greenlit yet, and I saw somewhere else that the contracts were made for a trilogy.

With Beyond underperforming (which is a shame because it was the best of the 3), I wouldn't be so sure.

No, they discussed that BEFORE the film came out. It under performed, which is a damn shame cause it was the best Star Trek movie since first contact. Paramount doesn't know wtf their doing, that studios only hits are awful transformers movies, so.......if you want more trek, you're fucked.

He had a better seduction scene than most of them

I'd imagine they'd have to have been prepared for underwhelming sales, considering they signed a Star Trek nerd to write it less like a generic action film.

But I guess they were just dumb and funneled a shit load of money into something guaranteed to perform worse than the previous movie by virtue of being better.

I felt bad for Doctor Poison desu

>10/10 husbando evil minion-bait chatting you up
>a fucking Stacey walks in and he doesn't care about you anymore

why even live

Is Dr. Poison /our gal/?

I'd wager on them holding off for a few years, then restarting the franchise with a series of TNG films.

With McAvoy as Picard?

I would this specific version of Doctor Poison so yes

Of course he had to destroy it, he wouldnt have wanted it for the german to recover it or to be used by the British, he knew damn well that that kind of power was too much, even for his own people

>Sup Forums is one person
Okay nigger.