What did you think of Weirdmageddon?

What did you think of Weirdmageddon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vq5sZPPF9ao
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not well paced enough.
Pretty weird though.

What was wrong with the pacing?

It was serviceable. My only gripe was Stan recovering so fast, but it is a Disney show after all.

It was okay. I liked seeing Bill in his element (even though it STILL felt tame considering he had the power to do literally goddamn anything), but I still feel like the heroes managed to overcome the weirdness far too easily, like there should have been more of a struggle in surviving than just a quick "push it to the limit" montage.

The scene where Wendy and Dipper are driving through the weirdness bubbles was fucking kino, though.

Hastily rushed, plothole ridden, disappointing resolution to what could've been the greatest animated series of all time.

Bad

It was shit.

Why?

Because Hirsch is a hack and can't write to save his life, why do you think?

I'm saying, what about it was shit?

A pretty good ending to a pretty good series

I haven't watched it since it aired but I remember being disappointed and extraordinarily fucked off by Mabel. This image I still have might have something to do with it.

Anons dont like that all the magic and conspiracy shit had no effect on the outcome.
They don't like that Bill jobbed hard after being an omnipotent god the entire series.
They don't like that Stans sacrifice lasted all of five minutes of screen time.

Surprised none of these squares are Mabel related

An unsatisfying payoff for all the amount of buildup the series gave us.
Various plot points never being addressed again, ie; the sky rift supposedly wiping out all of existence if left open for too long
Certain characters written poorly, particularly Mabel, Gideon, and Bill

Why Stan of all people to take out Bill? Not Ford, who has personal connections with Bill, not Dipper, who has a score to settle after the whole puppet deal, not even fucking Gideon who has more of a connection to fucking Bill get a chance to deliver the killing blow.

I mean fuck, that's part of the reason the wheel shit pissed me off so much, because at least the people related to the wheel had some connection to Bill, even if it was only as proxies for the town as a whole, and using some weird ancient conspiracy shit to defeat Bill would have been a thematically fitting way to end the series, not this "HURF UR DED KIDDO" shit they pulled with Stan at the end.

Really, did Stan even know about Bill existence until like ten minutes before he killed him?

I think it probably would've been more thematically fitting and satisfying if all of the major characters had a role in beating Bill, rather than the Stans doing it pretty much singlehandedly

Why is this thread not going to page 1 when it gets posted in?

It's off topic of course. Gravity Falls is dead.

If I had to guess, the reason Stan got the last laugh in the end was due to the fact both he and Bill are both conmen in their own defintion and having a swindler like Bill be beaten at his own game would've been a fitting death for a character like him.

I really enjoyed part 1

Then part 2 happened. It was really stupid and lame.

Part 3 was pretty decent but still had problems

Overall, part 1>part 3>foodfight>part 2

Either someone's saging it or OP keeps posting inside the thread, making it autosage.

"Escape from Reality" was a waste of time, and just a weak episode on its own merits.

>Introduce a concept prophecy at the last minute that doesn't even work
>The sacrifice didn't matter in the end
>Mabel got away with it in the end

It also sucked as the conclusion to the main two character's arcs.

And, since their arcs were concluded with 44 minutes of runtime left, they basically ended up as the same character for the finale

What people forget is how Stan and Ford are mirror to Mabel and Dipper. Stan ruined Ford's life because he wants to keep his bro around him as much as he can, same thing with Mabel ruining Dipper's chances because she wants to be with him

Stan and Mabel aren't characters that evolve much compared to Ford and Dipper. They like to live comfy, knowing that everything is right in their lives despite all the up and down

>Introduce a concept prophecy at the last minute that doesn't even work
And you know, I wouldn't even be that mad about the fake-out if Hirsch and his legion of idiots weren't so god damn mother fucking SMUG about it. Like how anyone who points out that all the foreshadowing was a waste of time gets shit like "That was part of the joke bro, it was funny, maybe you just can't appreciate how this show subverts stupid expectations and are sore for actually believing in all that foreshadowing."

Still doesn't make it less unsatisfying

Got away with what?

I didn't like it

The first episode was great, probably one of my favourites in the entire series. The others had several problems and unsatisfying conclusion but I enjoyed them nevertheless.

Over the course of the series whenever Mabel had a focus, whatever lessons she "learns" are usually unlearned by the beginning of the next episode. Sock Opera happened. Then, of course, there was her trusting Billendin and making the final mistake that allowed Weirdmageddon to happen. Then, it was never touched upon again, even in Mabelland. She literally caused the end of the world and didn't want to fix it when asked to help. Then she made Dipper once again concede his own desires to make sure she doesn't have to do any real growing and developing on her own.

If she had any of her development stick, she would have been great. Instead, she's a meme-fountain that acts as more of an obstacle getting in the way of the resolution than a deuteragonist.

Forgot to mention
>The Last Mabelcorn's "A" plot

I don't really get the point of having Blendin be possessed only to vanish from the story and never be mentioned again. It's not like Bill couldn't persuade Mabel into knowingly making a deal with him.

I don't remember much if any of it, despite a lot of scenes from Gravity Falls sticking with me.

It was kinda forgettable

What were the general expectations for the finale prior to it airing?

Not a lot

Which really tells you how much they squandered it's potential

It drives me crazy that this got cut. The animatic is fanmade obviously, but goddammit Lemon Demon is so good and it really would have cemented Bill as a Disney villain.
youtube.com/watch?v=vq5sZPPF9ao

Seems like it could've been good

Managed to make the entire show feel like boring garbage to me.

the Mabel butt hurt seemed to reemerge on Sup Forums a few month ago after it had died out for most of a year, same with the Pacifica wifuing shit

disappointing and short

>BILL HAS MERGED THE TWO WORLDS

>Oh, wait, it's just Gravity Falls.

>PACIFICA

>Nope, not at all.

>Gideon is talked down in under 3 sentences.

>Nobody died, and Bill was surprisingly merciful to the townsfolk, except for Northwest and some of the weirdness bubbles. The only actual consequence (Stan's memory loss) is retconned within minutes.

>Mabel caused it and still learns nothing, nor obtains any punishment for her actions at all.

And, perhaps worst of all..

>Bill's unsatisfying loss. At that point i was basically rooting for him, because he was the most interesting character anyway.

>Now it's decaf
Classic

Mabel's bubble could have been so much more (maybe an ideal summer close to reality where she actually thinks its reality and the real Dipper is a monster trying to trick her, etc), the symbols importance was introduced and handwaved away in literally 5 minutes and Stan recovered almost immediately.

Lotsa potential but kinda fell flat.

What's the point of having Mabel cause it if she's not going to learn anything, or get punished, or even apologize?

It was kinda weird to establish Bill as somebody who loves being cruel to people, only to have him just trap the vast majority of the town in stone, leaving them completely safe from harm and not even concious to suffer from being trapped

Need more Wendy, more boobs and more wendy´s boobs

This, so much this.

"Escape from Reality" needed to be the big emotional catharsis before the finale - Mabel and Dipper overcoming their problems and making a sacrifice to do the right thing as a preamble for Stan and Ford doing the same in the final act. The "perfect world" needed to just be an endless happy Summer of Mabel getting to be with her brother and friends, not a wacky dream land. Dipper needed to see that Mabel wasn't trying to hold him back, she just wanted to spend a little more time with her brother, and Mabel needed to accept that growing up and doing what's best for the people you care about sometimes means having to be willing to let them go.

We should have got a Mabel version of "For The Man Who Has Everything"... what we got wasn't even fucking close.

I think Hirsch was GOING to do something with mabel but decided not to.

This show could have been something

>build up a mystery and and mythos
>discard it all for jokes

Lame as shit.

There should have been a deal Stanley made with Bill, like help understanding the portal or finding the other journals, which would make him defeating Bill an act of redemption. that could also have been the reason he didn't want to face Bill, because he knew the deal would have been brought up, or his end of the bargain was preventing the circle being formed

I also think that it would've been better if Mabel had made a deal with Bill knowingly, and that's what leads to Weirdmageddon. It would've cleared up some plot holes, and it would've been kinda neat for every member of the Pines family to shake hands with Bill at some point.

Don't know why they felt the need to restrict it to Gravity Falls, just made it less impressive/intimidating.

That's exactly the kind of shit I wanted from Bill right at the end. The grand-scale reality warping was nice but I wanted to be reminded that this was the same guy who could be so unbelievably petty that he'd ruin some dude's coffee by turning it decaf.

i thought it was ok but it forever confirmed mabel to be the worst character in this show and i'm sad that the symbol wheel thing never got to be used