Wonder Woman by John Byrne Part 2

The continuing adventures of Johnny Redbeard!

Previous part:

Other urls found in this thread:

kirbymuseum.org/blogs/effect/2012/08/06/19867-kirby-interview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Y'know, I don't think I like Bryne's pencils. It just looks really weird.

That seemed, rather unnecessary.

It's because he's inking himself now.

Yeah, could've given the poor woman a damn heart attack or something.

Does anyone mind if I share a dumb "If I were writer..." idea? I'd prefer to ask instead of inflicting my shitty fanfic without consent.

Eighties DC, you will believe a man can fly, everyone else won't.

This is one of the worst issues, when Diana's fighting the golem thing the dialogue reads like a bad Silver Age comic.

Byrne just didn't give a shit writing this one.

Sure. We're here to mock.

Lets hear it.

It's fine, go ahead user

>KLONK

Right, so you know Osira, the Egyptian themed alien who wants to create a utopia through mind control? Well, I had a thought about how to reintroduce both her and Cassie.

Basically, since I'm a huge Stargate-fag, everything about Osira screams Goa'uld to me. So the idea would be to have her be a similar type of alien parasite, and she would be locked up in a pyramid, eventually discovered by Professor Sandsmark. Osira takes over the professor's mind and body, and Cassie becomes Diana's sidekick in the hopes they can find a way to save her mom from Osira's control.

Yeah, I know, it's a straight ripoff of Stargate, but I have zero shame, so whatever.

>Byrne

Does this meet his quota for inserting weird fetishes?

Well that's just lovely

Well, he did replace the usual young wonder woman fangirl with one of his own OC's if that counts

There is a young girl, but I don't remember if Byrne does anything weird with her...

There's actually something mildly similar to that in the Lansinarian arc coming up, but of course the idea is wasted.

I'm actually really annoyed they never call it "Talos".

That reminds me, in the other thread someone brought up the whole Byrne vs Kirby thing.

There was an interview in the mid-80's where Kirby was asked if there were any modern comics artists he liked.

>PITTS: Are there any of today’s artists that you’re particularly impressed by?

>KIRBY: Well, I’m impressed with the character of Frank Miller, who I feel is a very gutsy and intelligent guy. Frankly, I’m biased in that direction because he seems to feel that I’m right in my demands from Marvel. He sympathizes. He feels that in some way maybe I’ve helped him to make a better deal.

>PITTS: What do you think of Byrne?

>KIRBY: Byrne, I… I feel that any man that tries, any man that comes out with something we like, is a good man. A man doesn’t have to be Leonardo Da Vinci to be sincere. Everybody can draw, in my estimation. If you give a man 50 years, he’ll come up with the Mona Lisa.

kirbymuseum.org/blogs/effect/2012/08/06/19867-kirby-interview/

Fuck is a Lansinarian?
>google
>the aliens who gave Diana the morphing disk
Hype! I think? What do you mean by the idea being wasted?

Interesting. Thanks for sharing, user

Cuz it's like a kinda lame two issue arc focused more on Cave Carson than Diana, and the idea of the Egyptian deities never gets explored in the series again.

It's rife for exploration and Byrne just lets it go.

The morphing disk is my jam, though.

Now this is one character Byrne clearly digs

Sorry if I'm not too chatty, I'm collecting some comics for a friend who wants to get into the hobby

What's in your sample pack if I might ask?

>this pose
Maybe she's born with it... Maybe it's Maybelline!

She really likes animals btw

Scott Pilgrim in color (she already read it in B/W, this is more of an optional one)
Seconds
Lost at Sea
Pride of Baghdad
Beasts of Burden
Blacksad
Blacksad - A Silent Hell
Blacksad - Amarillo
WE3

This will surely end well

Toldja

lol

I just realized something about the movie costume. I really like the gloves. They make so much sense, since wearing metal bracers against bare skin is actually kind of fucking stupid.
Plus, gloves are just cool.

Having watched the movie recently, man is that no man's land scene good.

That last panel looks odd, like Byrne didn't draw it or something

Underage booty, take a shot

What the fuck even is this page.

Vandal looks like he doesn't even give a shit