Is this true? If it is then Sup Forums has lied to me for the first time ever

Is this true? If it is then Sup Forums has lied to me for the first time ever.

comicfan44.tumblr.com/post/161429775016/blackphoenix1977-thefingerfuckingfemalefury

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/06/05/top-conspiracy-theories-behind-marvel-amazon-kindle-price-crash/
youtube.com/watch?v=tOsck7jYUsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Amazon only
>Trades only

>Vision
well at least there's some justice in the world

About what? Are you talking about those idiots who come from that other Gamegate-centric chan who think diversity is the only problem at Marvel and not price gouging or event fatigue?

>Diversity doesn't sell

That's not the problem the problem is out of place identity politics forced into stories that have nothing to do with it.

It ain't really about diversity, it is the fact that it is forced as fuck, come up with an original superhero who's a minority or whatever and people might be interested, but no one wants a fucking niggress Iron "Man"

>diversity doesn't sell
more like shit fucking writing doesn't sell.
diversity has been selling since the 70's

is what true? That comics sales tracking is labyrinthine and nonsensical? Yes. That diversity doesn't sell? It depends. That Amazon's top Marvel trades are those books? Probably.

Well about sales numbers. There's always lists being posted that shows DC dominating Marvel all the time but this person would suggest that these other sales make up for it.

Though I suppose DC would have similar Amazon sales and Digital ones so they'd still be doing better.

And that just follows into "their problem is bad writing" rather than "their problem is diversity".

Also their other problem is greed.

Is Amazon the top seller of comics or is it still comic stores?

Also wouldn't the number of trade sales vs issues be different in terms of what sells?

>Diversity doesnt sell
>Diversity is what saved X-men as a franchise
maybe hiring fanfic writers fresh from tumblr doesnt sell comics

DC actually does much better on Amazon and in the trade market in general because of stuff like Killing Joke and Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen

Comichron tracking is only for LCS pre-orders

the BleedingCool weekly lists are just like 10 stores saying what sold best for them in that week

Bookscan tracks bookstore/Amazon trade numbers, but it's yearly so not very helpful most of the time

yes, because Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel do very well in trades but crap in single issues

mostly because they're targeted at a younger audience, who are more likely to go on Amazon or to a bookstore than to a comic shop.

>thefingerfuckingfemalefury

Which sales numbers? Because we have a vague idea of direct market through Comichron using Diamond's charts (which cover retailer preorders), and also from retailers talking about what sells in their store.

Amazon stuff, you can check through their chart but also Bookscan (which would cover TPB/GN sales through bookstores) and over there, DC and Image dominate. But Ms. Marvel has been doing well trade-wise so that's why she's still being pushed. Same with Squirrel Girl.

It's because their kindle versions are all 80% off

You can get both volumes of Vision for under five bucks and a lot of recent trades are on sale too

>Also wouldn't the number of trade sales vs issues be different in terms of what sells?

It would. Trades have a higher cover price but also don't sell in high volumes compared to a comic book each month. So you'd have to assess them differently.

>Sup Forums

Nah, it is the Sup Forums dipshits who never think and agree meek and sheeplike with anything they are told who swallowed Gabriel's line.
Sup Forums has extensively demonstrated why that's bullshit (well, some people demonstrated, most of Sup Forums just says Marvel is shit and moves on).

>Got nominated, just nominated.
>some how makes up for poor sales.

>Saw a bunch of stuff on the shelves.
You know what you didn't see? The stuff that actually sold.

Actually other thing to add to this: The best selling trades will still get copies ordered each month and be kept in print.

So the latest issue of Ms Marvel sells 20,000 last month while the Ms. Marvel Vol 1 No Normal only had 465 preorders to direct market last month. But, No Normal is being kept in print because every month or two there are more retailers reordering it. When it was first released three years ago, it got preorders of 7,795.

>Everyone is STILL responding to the quote based on the clickbait headlines.

Gabriel said that comic readers are sexist, racist assholes who refuse to buy Marvel's awesome diverse comics.
These people are responding to it as if he said diversity is the problem.

Does nobody fucking read anything ever?

That's not the problem, either. Bad writing/art, no creative direction and shit tier to non-existent editorial because Ike is a cheap ass turbo-Jew are Marvel's real problems.

Everything else--the forced diversity, over-reliance on gimmicks, constant relaunches, blatant pandering, event fatigue, overshipping to fudge numbers, S Y N E R G Y, all of it--stems from the above issues.

SeeThere is an Amazon glitch and now Marvel digital books are on sale.
bleedingcool.com/2017/06/05/top-conspiracy-theories-behind-marvel-amazon-kindle-price-crash/

People are taking advantage of it.

>Does nobody fucking read anything ever?
Of course not. Look at where you are.

Gabriel was deflecting, anyway. Marvel's just trying to shift the blame to the audience for not being progressive enough, instead of taking a long, hard look at their own shitty business practices.

It's a fucking cop out. Comics have always been pretty diverse, especially from the bronze age on up. DC is just as diverse as Marvel, if not moreso, and has been for a long time, and they're not having the problems Marvel has.

You're not going deep enough down the "We're perfect" rabbithole. By suggesting that a book is failing because fanboys aren't buying it, you make the SJW realize that people like her either don't buy the book at all, or aren't a large enough demo for it to matter.

>Gabriel was deflecting, anyway.
I thought I implied that with my phrasing. Oh well.

>communism has never been tried correctly before

I wonder if people didn't mistake "diversity" not selling as diversity of characters and not that there's just too goddamn many books and they're so expensive now.

Of course a trade that's a quarter of the price will sell.

Plus most of those books are for children and people buy trades for children. Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl sell well on Scholastic too.

Go figure kids like comics aimed at them and those are the few Marvel make anymore.

>Because that way they can use this scapegoating bullshit as an excuse to fill their comics with yet more heteronormative shit featutring yet more utterly tedious cishet characters, most of whom are all white

youtube.com/watch?v=tOsck7jYUsE

I wish user.
I wish.