ITT: The moment where you decided "Y'know, I really don't need to watch the Simpsons anymore."

ITT: The moment where you decided "Y'know, I really don't need to watch the Simpsons anymore."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r6V7fUDynG4
youtube.com/watch?v=NOxEx_RjuR8
youtube.com/watch?v=uhEnbsoQLcA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

a few seasons before this came out.

The Great Louse Detective was when I finally gave up.

I still watch the Simpsons.

Bart Vs Lisa Vs The Third Grade. Shit had been declining hard up until then, but every episode had at least one joke I could get a smile out of. Even godawful episodes like The Frying Game, or Tennis the Menace. Not this piece of shit episode. This was the point where I stopped watching new episodes of simpsons. I probably should have stopped sooner, but I kept holding out hope things would improve.

somewhere in between the beginning of South Park and the start of Adult Swim.

I held on longer than most. This is when I really opened my eyes.

The Lady Gaga episode was the straw that finally broke the camel's back.

WE ARE THE JOCKEYS

JOCKEYS ARE WE

this

Just like SpongeBob, I stopped after the (first) movie

The one that started with badgers and ended with The Who. I think it was from the early 2000's.

>a preachy Lisa episode topped off by random humor
Yeah, that was it for me. I've caught the odd episode since then but this was the moment I realized they'd stopped caring.

I think the last premiere episode I watched on purpose was the Tony Hawk episode when Bart ran away from home.

I would watch it if it was like that. It looks cute and silly.

I hated that one too. The characterization, the voice acting, the ending of the episode. Everything was painful to watch.

I remember the exact moment. I never watched it again.

(OP)
G.I. Annoyed Grunt

The whole Loony Toons shtick.

I really hate season 12.

(OP) (OP)
G.I. Annoyed Grunt

The whole Looney Tunes shtick.

That episode was fucking retarded.

Fuck me for laughing when I saw that episode, but then again, I was just a stupid kid in the 4th grade.

Thank fuck Smash Melee was there to entertain me.

2002 or early - green light in almost all instances
2003-2004 - be wary
2005 and beyond - y'know, i really don't need to watch the simpsons anymore.

>"We're China, right?"

There's some moments where they make Homer far too stupid.

Same here. It's like being with a beloved relative as they succumb to an illness: they aren't the same, but they mean so much to you that you can't just leave them.

Thats one of the best episodes the show ever had, if you think thats a bad episode you're either gay or need mental help.
>The whole Loony Toons shtick.
Thats the best part, also if your not using animation for what it was made for then you might as well do it in live action.
You're delusional, everything with that episode was just fine.

Easy.

Was there any episodes worth watching after that?

This was honestly the moment when the most hardcore fans of The Simpsons who pretended to like the newer seasons completely gave up on it

I was one of them

For me this was the exact point.
The seasons before were on an abovious decline in quality fro the past years, so I thought, maybe they will give it their best for the movie and get their thunder back.

Nope, it didn't get any better, haven't kept up with it since.

Season 10 or 11

You're delusional, seek help, that movie is only second to Roger Rabbit.

When Homer was chasing after Bart with a morning star. It was dumb, mean-spirited, and out of character.

The jockey episode was the beginning of me questioning the Simpsons' quality and no longer watching new episodes regularly.

The Ke$ha opening and the Lady Gaga episode were the final nails in the coffin though.

I'll try to find an episode if it gets stellar reviews, since that does happen every other season, give or take.

I have never seen Homer riding a star to catch Bart.

The jockey episode was fun, also if your not using animation for what it was made for then you might as well do it in live action.

The Ke$ha opening was needed, Anime has been using pop song openings for decades now, Simpsons had to do the same.

As for Lady Gaga, the episode was harmless enough, it's just that people wanted Arino Shinya instead.

A good episode after season 11 will be Large Marge, it's actuality one of the best episodes the show ever had.

three words.
>Lisa goes gaga.

You know what would be cool? If they did a Halloween episode where that loli from Hamtaro got beaten to death.

Why the fuck are you going through this thread to defend shit episodes?

This is the scene I was talking about. I guess "flail" is another word for it.

It was a small scene, and if I remember correctly, it was a video someone was showing to reveal that Homer was a bad father.

youtube.com/watch?v=r6V7fUDynG4

>babby's first trolling
Lurk more to hone your skills newfag. You're incredibly obvious.

>that episode where Maggie is shown to be smarter than Lisa
It was so idiotic and ridiculous that it made me realise the show was never gonna be the same as it was in its golden age.

Camp Rock (gay one) when they sing was before or after?

Season 16.

Though season 12 if I remember correctly was awful.

it's just TMSfag. feel pity.

this. the thing about the simpsons that's different from most other animated sitcoms is that it has next to no continuity. even family guy has more. the simpsons hasn't changed much at all since its inception, its audience did though. there's really nothing wrong with it. it just keeps going on for some reason.

The "glove slap" montage. In general, the increasingly gratuitous use of copyrighted music is what told me it was over. It's both lazy AND pretentious.

Oh.... Just say ball & chain I was thinking that Homer was riding a warp star (like in Kirby) to catch Bart as I do watch the later episodes and that never happened.

I remember the ball & chain and if you're not using animation for what it was made for then you might as well do it in live action.
Not going to happen, Laura is built like Bugs, Daffy and Droopy, she can't be killed and "The Dip" will also kill The Simpsons as well.

Also Laura is not a but monkey character, that will be Roberto.

I think this might also depend on nostalgia because I remember growing up with these episodes as well and I honestly don't think they're that bad compared to what the cartoon is currently doing
but yes Lisa Goes Gaga is awful

The episode where they get a tennis court in the backyard. First episode where I genuinely didn't laugh once.

it was a throwaway gag that was completely taken out of context

and that has become a beloved quote for simpsons fans

"I'll mace you good!"

youtube.com/watch?v=NOxEx_RjuR8

i was never white so i could never relate

I still watch it, but I'll say 2000 or 2001 was when things changed.

No, far from it.

Those posts are not troll posts.
If you're not using animation for what it was made for then you might as well do it in live action.
Debunked, Looney Tunes (technically Merrie Melodies) used to do it all the time until about 1938'ish and it did it well.

Aren't a lot of these from the same season? I remember watching these particular episodes and each one was like a chipping away from the wall before I said fuck it.

the one where bart divorces his parents. there's a pointless cameo from a bunch of celebrities and it has that whole "oh look! [X} celebrity is doing the thing they're famous for! haha!" pandering crap.

Season 3, Colonal Homer. It was a very good episode, and I enjoyed all the shows leading up to it. It was at that point though that the show fell off my 'must watch' list. I'm not really sure why.
I caught a few following shows like the Halloween specials for two years after and then stopped entirely.
Animated shows like this, Futurama, and Family Guy seem to burn up all their best material in the first two seasons. I could be wrong.

I never liked the first two seasons of the simpsons. way too melodramatic. they remind me of that awful movie spanglish, which coincidentally is directed by james l. brooks. everyone acts like they have a stick up their ass and all the "poignant" scenes feel forced and unearned.

>Thats the best part, also if your not using animation for what it was made for then you might as well do it in live action.

The Indiana Jones beginning in one episode made use of animation better. Plus, the mafia vs. yakuza fight.

Still does not top Night Ghoulery.

Just about every fight. Plus, the fight music which they don't use anymore.

Yeah, Season 12 like mentioned.

Looking through the episode list yeah, it really was terrible. I didn't realize just how many bad episodes that one season produced.

No it was not, this is not The Nut Shack we're talking about.

>The Ke$ha opening was needed, Anime has been using pop song openings for decades now, Simpsons had to do the same.
[tries to comprehend any part of this statement and fails]

I did not fail, you did.

I'd been skittish for a while, but I remember feeling embarrassed watching this around family.

Panda Rape was the point I thought "you know, this show used to make me laugh a *lot* more"

season 8 was where the show started declining. why was homer suddenly a vehement homophobe when he never indicated he was in the past? people always bring up flanders as an example of a character being reduced down to a stereotype, but I think homer got it worse. they basically turned him from a somewhat three dimensional character to an archie bunker caricature.

That was not supposed to be a funny moment, you were supposed to feel sorry for Homer.
Dude, we debunked that years ago.

When you think Moe can't get any lower he just gets worse.

Exactly. It goes on for far too long, it serves no purpose in the story that's not already established by previous scenes and most importantly IT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY. Especially compared to previous seasons.
If I wanted to watch people get humiliated in a humourless and mean-spirited way I'd watch Family Guy or season 2 Gravity Falls.

When season 12 started I stopped tried to go back when marge divorced homer and it was shit

It's not supposed to be and it was not intended to be funny.

You were supposed to be sorry for Homer for putting up with Mr.Burns' horse shit.

I didn't pay much attention to it. Especially since networks never really seemed to air stuff in order around here. They also often aired things as a double feature from different seasons or as a viewer's choice marathon. So there was tons of good old stuff still airing.

I only noticed that new Simpsons was entirely boring and pointless after the movie when channels started really advertising new Simpsons episodes at prime time and none of those were worth watching in the slightest.

Pic unrelated.

I never liked moe. lenny and carl too. they never contribute anything worthwhile.

that doesn't mean it's not awful.

This is not The Nut Shack we're talking.

youtube.com/watch?v=uhEnbsoQLcA

You take that back user!

At least we know Carl's excuse.

The last episode I can remember watching as it aired was the one with Jack Black but going back through a list of episodes for that season and the ones before it I can see I was barely turning in.

That one was the end but I wasn't much of a viewer by the time the end came.

same and I'm black, it was like seriously even cartoons your pushing this shit just let it be natural no agenda based.
I loved that episode, can't quite put my finger on why thoo....hmmmmmmmmmm

which is?

that doesn't match homer.
what the hell, Russia?

the opening

What does being black have to do with anything

You don't remember all that shit Carl says about the others? I would make a gif, but

Yeah James L. Brooks has a fetish for melodrama without any jokes to lighten it up. Al Jean and Mike Reiss, after taking over as showrunners in Season 3, did make the show a lot more humorous and not as grimdark.

It was also Brooks's idea to do an episode where Homer has a heart attack. None of the writers wanted to do something that dark, so they had to bring in freelancer guys.

And then I made it anyway.

i wish she kept those
breasts were a great character development

I was about to google this exact picture.

most people think seeing that gif and being offended by the premise of what they were doing must mean your a racist white guy.

To be fair to the Simpsons, making Nessie pink was very old school.

Essential Simpsons:

Seasons 2-8
Select episodes of Seasons 1 and 9
Season 11's Behind the Laughter
Season 12's Trilogy of Error

>Season 11's Behind the Laughter
>Season 12's Trilogy of Error

Nsync episode wasn't that bad, they only had like 10 seconds of screentime and were made fun of instead of licking their shoes and reminding everybody of how great and rich they are every five seconds *cough* lady gaga *cough* elon musk *cough* hanks scorpio *cough*

>hanks scorpio
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!

What are you talking about, the change in animation is the problem, not the hands

The episode where a napkin tells stories. I think it was voiced by Jeremy Irons and it was incredibly boring.