WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN: Wonder Woman

>WB originally planned to release the movie after JUSTICE LEAGUE.

>Michelle MacLaren was originally slated to direct, but dropped out due to creative differences. Catherine Hardwicke, Mimi Leder, Karyn Kusama, Julie Taymor and Tricia Brock were also approached before Patty Jenkins was hired.

>WB studied two alternative scripts, one set in the Crimean War and one set in World War I, before ultimately choosing the latter.

>Jenkins was initially adamant that the movie be set in World War II as per the comics, but was convinced otherwise by Snyder.

>Liam Hemsworth and Alexander Skarsgard were approached for Steve Trevor before Chris Pine was cast.

>Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchett were approached for Queen Hyppolita before Connie Nielsen was cast. Nielsen had previously been approached to play Lara Lor-Van in MAN OF STEEL.

>Eva Green was reportedly approached for Doctor Poison before Elena Anaya was cast.

>Sean Bean was reportedly approached for Ares before David Thewlis was cast.

>The original script was heavily reworked on set after the poor critical and commercial reception to BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE, to inject more humor and a more hopeful tone.

>In the original ending, Diana abandons humanity for 100 years after Steve Trevor's death, desillusioned by mankind's violence, and it's Superman's death that reminds her of how selfless people can be and inspires her to return to action. After negative results from test-screenings, a new ending was added in reshoots where Diana remains protective of humanity throughout the years.

Eva Green would have made a much more memorable Dr. Poison.

Interesting stuff.

>In the original ending, Diana abandons humanity for 100 years after Steve Trevor's death, desillusioned by mankind's violence, and it's Superman's death that reminds her of how selfless people can be and inspires her to return to action

This insane argument Snyder keeps trying to push that Superman's death is ipso facto some turning point for the DCEU is some of the dumbest shit he's tried to peddle his entire career.

Telling us over and over that this character is somehow heroic and inspiring isn't going to work no matte rhow many characters you write that say it out loud.

Casting Sean Bean would have spoiled the ending

lol
I would've been genuinely surprised if it wasn't spoiled for me beforehand. Heck, even during the movie I was questioning everything.

Still he would've been a more impressive Ares than Thewlis.

>Diana abandons humanity for 100 years after Steve Trevor's death, desillusioned by mankind's violence, and it's Superman's death that reminds her of how selfless people can be and inspires her to return to action

what the fuck
superman isnt even human, how does that even make sense

Took 'em long enough to get the idea that the DCEU should have more of a hopeful tone after BVS' mistakes.

Save her for Circe or a stronger female Villain.
They really should have made someone else be Ares once the cover was blown. Or just hide his face under the helmet and warp his voice.

>This insane argument Snyder keeps trying to push that Superman's death is ipso facto some turning point for the DCEU is some of the dumbest shit he's tried to peddle his entire career.

If Superman died at the end of his third movie or the second JL movie I could see it being a big thing for the DCEU. But having him die after two movies one of which he had 43 lines of dialog is fucking stupid.

YAAAAS QUEEN SLAY

>Crimean War
That wouldn't have worked, because half the movie would be explaining WTF the Crimean War is/was.
>YAAAAS QUEEN SLAY
Go back to Metafilter, faggot.

Random question: was an actress named Nadia Bjorlin ever rumored to play Wonder Woman?

But WW finished filming before BvS even came out though. And JL started filming afterwards.
How would BvS effect WW.

>After negative results from test-screenings, a new ending was added in reshoots where Diana remains protective of humanity throughout the years.

This makes no sense at all, considering she told Bruce at the end of BvS that she walked away from mankind 100 years ago, after a "century of horrors". The first ending made more sense.

Zack Snyder is cancer. it really should've been set in WWII. hopefully Jenkins has more power within the franchise now that she's the only one who's made a good movie.

>Jenkins was initially adamant that the movie be set in World War II as per the comics, but was convinced otherwise by Snyder.
SILVER TONGUE ZACK WINS AGAIN!

WWII broke her or retcon.

Ayy nobody cares about BVS anymore. DCEU begins with WW.

>Thor being killed on screen

>Poison mega tits in full display

Who the fuck ruined this?

The sequel is with Hitler

OP, do you want to dump some info on all of the earlier attempts at a Wonder Woman movie?

The last two are fake. MCUcks have been faking "rumors" in these sorts of threads every since the idiots fell for "Zack added the dream sequences to make the movie more confusing and less linear" fake rumor. This is their new shill tactic.

>Thor

>Company wars
How embarrassing

I know! Why do they have to make up rumors? So stupid.

So MCUcks dont use their brains

This thread will be modified and you will see it again. It will retain the anti-Snyder attitude in an attempt to get more people to believe that Snyder was "the problem." Remember this thread.

BvS was fucking shit so who cares? I'm glad Patty didn't drink the "Durr everyone is an edgy pessimist" koolaide from Snyders shit stories.

Wonder Woman felt more like Superman in this movie then Superman in his own films.

Sean Bean would've been a great choice for Ares though. He definitely has the presence for it.

BVS was garbage, so honestly I don't care if they retcons stuff. If anything, WW would be a good spot to just rewrite everything and ignore how bad BVS and SS were (MOS was just mediocre).

>reshoots and edits to make the tone "happier"

Welp. We marvel now. Get ready for epic quips and humor.

>The original script was heavily reworked on set after the poor critical and commercial reception to BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE, to inject more humor and a more hopeful tone.

>In the original ending, Diana abandons humanity for 100 years after Steve Trevor's death, desillusioned by mankind's violence, and it's Superman's death that reminds her of how selfless people can be and inspires her to return to action. After negative results from test-screenings, a new ending was added in reshoots where Diana remains protective of humanity throughout the years.

And Snyderfriends still want us to owe it to him for writing the story, when the final film doesn't even reflect his original treatment.

>I just realized with a successful WW movie we could get a live action Circe in a sequel

Reshoots exist. And BvS was gathering negative word of mouth from test-screenings alone.

It does, but making WW a defeatist nihilist goes directly against the new tone and brand they're trying to start. Even JL is shaping up to be more fun and optimistic.