Why is Sup Forums so desperate to hate this movie?

why is Sup Forums so desperate to hate this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cKW7NSgiCFo
youtube.com/watch?v=xTHfI_0Iqz8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because if it fails based marvel gets the full rights back

>Six writers
>Mediocre director
>Sony
>That cast
>No Bugle
>Shoved in Iron Man
>Predictable unlock gimmick in the suit meant to blatantly sell toys

Because Baneposting was successful so Sup Forums sometimes get's Sup Forums fags who come forcing in new epin memes

Honestly, the whole thing feels so forced. Why do you need Tony Stark in a movie with a character who essentially introduced comic book movies to the mainstream?
And this is sony's second attempt to milk Spidey, it feels like nothing more than a cash cow, rather than a movie made by someone who actually liked comic books.

It's not.

There's just a bunch of super Sup Forumsntrarians, most of them either Sup Forums immigrants or Snyderfags, who are incredibly vocal and devoted to the cause of warping reality through sheer volume of angry internet posts.

Because it looks completely uninspired and unnecessary. Any outcome this film has is already predictable because no matter if he joins or declines the Avengers, he still joins them in Infinity Wars.

Not only that, but Vulture is a lame villain, Shocker doesn't seem like he'll get his costume, the entire story hinges on Iron Man to happen, and fat kid best friend who appears in every teen movie from Goonies, to Paranorman, to Monster House.

This character is not Spider-Man. They may as well have just made this the Miles Spidey.

the title is stupid.

All this. Instead of getting a true Spider-Man film, it feels like we're getting a watered down version. No MJ, No Gwen, No JJJ, No Daily Bugle, No Harry

Instead we get fat fuck Ned Leeds who knows Peter's identity (so idiots in the audience have Peter explain everything he's going through in his head), Liz Allen (who will be the fake out love interest), Michelle (the actual love interest and quirky girl), and rich boy Flash Thompson. Also, they all do Science Leagues...yay?

>but Vulture is a lame villain
yeah I mean he's so ridiculous rite?
unlike that guy that dresses in a green leprecon suit and flies around throwing pumpkins and laughting, now that's what i call badass

>News breaks that Civil War would have Spider-Man
>HAHA! BASED MARVEL! SPIDEY FINALLY COMES HOME! THAT'S WHY HIS MOVIE IS CALLED HOMECOMING!
>Homecoming starts to look like shit
>I-IT'S SONY'S FAULT! IT COULD ONLY BE SONY'S FAULT! When will BASED MARVEL finally have FULL rights back!?

The dude is just an evil Falcon. Not only that, but all his fights are tediously "flies in loops to try and get Spider-Man". It's usually Peter gets on his back and fucks up his jetpack. He's not a hand to hand fighter and at most he got those wing knives.

He's a pretty fucking lame villain.

I like the MCU movies, but it does look kind of dumb and underwhelming. Maybe it's just because of the trailers, but my expectations are pretty low. At least it'll probably be better than the ASM movies, I guess.

They should call him Suckup-Man with how much he brown noses Ton-Mr. Stark.

Nothing from the trailers looks like a "Wow" sequence. They haven't even shown casual web slinging. And of the action sequences so far, 2 of them we know the outcome of, where one is Tony saves the ferry and the other is how Peter steers the jet.

I'm personally fucking done with Spider-man in highschool, I know why they are doing it but it's tiresome by now.
And honestly it seems more oriented at kids and predictable this time around.
>Stark won't let me be a hero like I want to be!! I'll prove him wrong!

I can tell that he will fuck up in the second arc, to show that Iron Man might be right (insert another cameo), but make it up by the third act. Tony will tell him he can't be a hero with his back up, takes away the suit but promises that maybe when he turns 18 he will be an avenger.

Meanwhile
>JL is good
>BASED SNYDER DOES IT AGAIN, CAPEKINO IS HERE, MKEKS BTFO
>JL is bad
>FUCKING WHEDON RUINING IT WITH HIS SJW FAGGOTRY

....Okay? Show me where anyone mentioned JL?

I guess Superboy-Prime was the coolest villain ever, with all those powers that he had.

>I can tell that he will fuck up in the second arc, to show that Iron Man might be right (insert another cameo), but make it up by the third act. Tony will tell him he can't be a hero with his back up, takes away the suit but promises that maybe when he turns 18 he will be an avenger.
Actually, most of that is in the trailer.

I think the best way to put it is that this film feels like Ultimate Spider-man Cartoon: The Movie.

And the biggest crime is that Teenage Peter will prevent other teenage heroes from joining the MCU.

>>"Hur, the Vulture is not lame cause the Green Goblin is lame."
>>Give points on why the Vulture is lame.
>>"Hur, Superboy Prime must be your favorite then"

You have yet to give a single reason why the Vulture is a good villain.

True. I don't want to hate this, it just doesn't look like it's going to be good. An underwhelming trailer, a villain that's an odd choice to carry the plot, and some of those strange casting choices are all adding up.

The title is just silly, too, it's a meta thing that normies won't even get or care about, and anyone who does get it will just cringe at.

Yeah, people on here are looking for reasons to hate one of the most enduring comic characters new film.
It just looks like shit, get it?

The MCU films at least give you a hook to see something new.
>>Iron Man 3 gives the idea of an Iron Man Army
>>Dark World made it seemed like they were going to explore the other realms.
>>Winter Soldier presents a mysterious figure who holds his own against Cap.
>>GOTG has the Cosmos
>>AoU showed what seemed to be a legitimate robot threat to the Avengers
>>Ant-Man had shrinking world
>>Civil War had hero vs. Hero
>>Dr. Strange the world of magic
>>GOTG 2 showed more of Peter's past as well as bigger space stuff.

>>Spider-Man has him and Iron Man...and High School...and a bird villain.

I'm going by trailers, but Spider-Man homecoming isn't bringing anything that would be that valuable to the greater MCU.

I'm giving this movie the benefit of the doubt. I don't think it looks bad, but not particularly good either.

I'm more than okay with Iron Man having a prominent role in this, as we've literally had 5 Spidey movies already, so basically making a Spider-man team-up movie is kinda cool and borderline fresh, inb4 that one really autistic user that pretends they've never had a mentor/mentie relationship in both the 616 and Ultimate comics. I doubt he'll really have more than 25-30 minutes of screen time desu. And frankly bitching about Tony giving him all this tech is really stupid when its beyond obvious this movie will be about Peter finding his self worth and getting over his worship of Avengers.

Vulture is a weak villain, but I dig the design and its hard for me not to like Michael Keaton. I like that they seem to really be making Toomes apart of the greater MCU what with Damage Control and using Chitari gear. I mean, what would be the point of having Spidey in the MCU if you want to have everything standalone.

Tom Holland was great in Civil War, so I want to see where he takes the character.

Again, nothing is blowing me away, but I understand why they're making a lot of these choices and there's enough there for me to give it the benefit of the doubt.

And lets be honest here. The moment that rumor popped up that MJ is black, you fags unanimously decided to hate this movie, even though its been repeatedly denied that she is.

>The moment that rumor popped up that MJ is black, you fags unanimously decided to hate this movie, even though its been repeatedly denied that she is.

Be fair, user. The war on redheads has to stop. They can't keep replacing them and getting away with it.

>>>Iron Man 3 gives the idea of an Iron Man Army
Squandered it
>>>Dark World made it seemed like they were going to explore the other realms.
Did not really at all
>>>Winter Soldier presents a mysterious figure who holds his own against Cap.
True, but "strong mystery man" ended up not being the point or focus of the movvie
>>>GOTG has the Cosmos
Yeah but really not so much in 1
>>>AoU showed what seemed to be a legitimate robot threat to the Avengers
Not really a threat at all
>>>Ant-Man had shrinking world
Good
>>>Civil War had hero vs. Hero
Yeah alright
>>>Dr. Strange the world of magic
Pretty good but they don't really do spells like I wanted
>>>GOTG 2 showed more of Peter's past as well as bigger space stuff.
Yeah
>>>Spider-Man has him and Iron Man...and High School...and a bird villain.
Honestly that's all Spider-Man needs. In fact, Iron Man is superfluous.

>expecting Sup Forums to not be full of hate

He's good for a starting villain, at least.

I'm with you. MJ should be a white, redhead. She's too iconic for racebending shit.

That said, until I actually see her as MJ, I'll say she's not MJ.

First street level hero, we might see how civilians treat the avengers. Peter's teacher forcing him to write a cap was right essay and the like.

It really is always the redheads who get 'racebent', although it's more of a thing with DC's tv shows. It happens enough that it feels like an agenda.

>not liking fat kid best friend
Shut the fuck up, your tastes are terrible

Sup Forums is desperate to hate a lot of things, OP. I've been here long enough to notice.
also this. the whole "contrarian" meme has migrated over from Sup Forums and Sup Forums, too, so now instead of BvS and Man of Steel being M Night Shamala tier shitshows they're now artistic masterpieces that only true film extraordinaire can fully appreciate. gone are the times of comic book movies being comic book movies, now if they're not Citizen Kane level engaging then its a 2 hour long corporate SJW advertisement. that's how it is now. there is no civil discourse. its just like politics where its us vs. them. MCU shills vs. Snyder contrarians who are a mix of trolls and people who fell for the bait and actually believed the trolls, sorta like politics, too.

humans are interesting. so many patterns and parallels.

Oh Lord, the Breakfast Club photo in the top-right wasn't a one-off?

I seriously have no idea how SM:H is supposed to be a John Hughes movie.

Because other than Michael Keaton being a villain again, I'd rather watch a Ms. Marvel than millennial Spider-Man reboot, and I don't love Ms. Marvel.

>all those fucking gadgets on the goddamn SPIDEY SUIT

goddamn I had so much hope for him during Civil War. and then they decided to toss in like 239632906 different features for the suit.

>the third spiderman franchise where hes in high school
I want veteran Spiderman not SpiderRobin.

Shouldn't have lied about BvS, bud. It was your own fault for pretending BvS was bad and getting mad at anyone who didn't fall for it.

>web shooters
>spider-light
>one (1) SpOck style spider drone that's capable of flight
relax. besides, the whole point of the move is Peter learning to stop being such a groupie to Tony and reclaim his agency as a superhero. Would surprise me if the film ends with Tony offering Peter the suit back and Peter turning it down because he wants to build a new suit for himself

"No this can't be happening! They can't turn on us! We were supposed to be the winners..."

There is a monkey's paw aspect of Spiderman in the MCU that is unsettling.

Part of me is delighted, and though I have never been a "Spiderfan", I am happy for the many Spiderman fans

From now on he is going to be shoehorned into everything, while other characters will be sidelined to make space for Spidey-shilling.

Would Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man have been made if Spiderman were present in the MCU? Most likely not.

1) it's kiddie toy commerical. Its going to make close to a billion dollars quality be damned. Movies with built in success do to deserve to be scrutinized. No one on earth will bet this makes under 700m, it'll sell a lot of merch and this is just on brand alone

2) It's the 3rd iteration of spider-man in 10 years. Recasting is one thing, but this a 3rd version entirely, Everyone here is over 10 and remembers Tobey and andrew, however, the main market is kids 10 and under and we're back to number 1

3) it is all over place in how it needs attention, if it needs attention, Sup Forums gives it negative. From the "hiding MJ" rumors, to too much Iron Man, to sony stealing villains for other movies, it just seems like a mess

>From now on he is going to be shoehorned into everything
Yeah, so its very likely that after Avengers Infinity War, he'll never be in the MCU again unless
Marvel outright buys the rights from Sony.

>it's kiddie toy commerical.
Literally all capeshit is, you incredibly stupid faggot. Fucking BvS had hundreds of toys, clothes and goddamn cereal boxes.

Sup Forums hates Ironman because normies love him.

I don't actually think Tony and Peter are going ot fight together any time in the film.

>He's good for a starting villain, at least.
You do realize he's going to fight Thanos after this, right?

The Sup Forums mentality of hoping the next "big thing" ends up being TORtanic levels of terrible and nearly bankrupting the company.

>Fat guy doing the same thing with his hand in every shot
kek

>>Dude, do you like, Talk to spiders?

I can't wait for the scene where someone is about to discover Pete is Spider-man, and he blocks them off and says "You can't go in there! Peter's...naked! Yeah, he likes to get naked and meditate alone!"

Because people ate up that shit. So many people who defend the film say it's a John Hughes vibe because it's an easy way to associate it with something better quality.

Two of those are the same shot and they're all just copying the first one they did.

>Fucking BvS had hundreds of toys, clothes and goddamn cereal boxes.

That movie wasn't marketed to kids and was an adult film with adult collectibles. Spider-man is marketed to kids with under 5 and under toys made just for homecoming.

And then Peter is with the Avengers in Infinity Wars back calling him Mr. Stark.

To add onto this, we're not even getting a lot of the best parts of Spider-Man, such as Venom or Black Cat.

forgot
>tracking device
>heater
>adjustable goggles
>holographic map emitter
>parachute
>airbag
>taser webs

I dislike Iron Man cause he eats up any scene he's in. When you compare the GOTG to the Avengers, the GOTG have enough personality between all of them that the whole group clicks. With the Avengers, it's usually Tony making all the jokes and controlling the flow of the conversations, that no other character pops out on their own time.

There are no Avenger relationship that stick out compared to Tony/Cap and Tony/Bruce.

'Cause I am a Spider-Man fan, and Spider-Man is a self-made hero who struggles to make ends meet while doing the right thing. Here, his origin is overshadowed by Iron Man, whom he becomes a sort of sidekick to.
Seriously, AI in the suit? Redwing-like flying spider? Fuck Tony Stark.

Because it looks bland. I've seen the trailers and the other little snippets and I feel nothing. Peter will learn what being Spider-Man really means without the suit and that proving himself to Tony isn't as important as doing the right thing. Who fucking cares?

It's like when people complain about recaps of how Batmans parents died. I don't need a third 'coming into his own" Spider-man story

How could you forget the talking AI?

>There's just a bunch of super Sup Forumsntrarian

Keep telling yourself that. I loved GOTG and Thor 3 is shaping up nicely. This looks boring

I've even heard the argument that "Tony is his new Uncle Ben" which makes me want to pull my hair out.

It's not worth getting excited for Spider-Man in the MCU. If this film is a success Sony will do their best to keep him for their shitty little universe. If it's bad, well it's just a bad film.

It is funny how people say this isn't an origins story cause they don't show the Spider-Bite/Ben, yet the entire film is trying to be a "Spider-Man learning to Spider-Man" film. It feels like a tutorial level.

Not only that, but nothing in the action sequences look like they're going to wow as much as they should.

I'm not even sure how or why "The Breakfast Club" has gotten the celebrated following it's received. That movie is fucked up, yo.

Cause the dance sequence makes it a light hearted film.

Because it's actually Ironman: Homecoming feat. Spider-man and Friends.

Because Sup Forums is filled with teenagers who can't relate to a young man that's not a social outcast.

A lot of John Hughes films have a fucked up shit in them. Sixteen Candles is pretty fucking nasty.

The film will make a billion because China shits themselves over Iron Man and Spider-Man.

Sony
Ghostbusters should have been the nail in the coffin but Marvel just had to negotiate instead of waiting a few years for the company to die

If her initials are MJ this shit is DROPPED

Yeah, you're actually in the right place this time,

also checked trips

I will say...I'm curious what the post credits scenes will be.

because Sup Forums hates spiderman as much as marvel does

>Movie is two hours long
>Will probably get like 15-20 mins of screen time total

They've probably already shown every prominent scene with him in the trailers.

The best Vulture writers play on age vs.youth when it comes to Peter and Adrian.

>Will probably get like 15-20 mins of screen time total

That'd put him on par with Rocket or Pepper Potts.

For real? I thought SONY would get the rights back if it bombs.

Because Sony is involved and we have been used to their disappointment for the past 10 years

Venom along with silver and black bombing would be the nail in the coffin. Hell, venom alone would put them off on the latter being released.

Just saying the majority saying iron man will hog the spotlight while memeing about this being Ironman 4 is asinine.

>third live action Spiderman over the course of a decade
Why

Because its the 5th Iron Man movie while we've only had 2 CA and 2 Thor movies so far.

It's a combination of memesters who are just shitposting, Sup Forums contrarians, and DCfags desperate for the MCU to start failing.

You obviously know nothing about Miles. Guy was not excited to be Spider-Man at all.

>Meme response

The film needs to fail because it inspired this video

youtube.com/watch?v=cKW7NSgiCFo

Can't help it if you're upset about my opinion ya pussy

Cause it's a shitty opinion mate.

>opinion
Looks more like a fact to me.

YOU KNOW I LIVE THAT SPIDEY LIFE

We have truly failed as a culture

youtube.com/watch?v=xTHfI_0Iqz8

>Amy Pascal
Go away goddammit, you're the reason for those terrible sequel ideas AND how terrible ASM went.

> Introduced comic book movies to the mainstream.

> Donner's Superman and Burton's Batman did that before, as did Blade

all those "give rights back to marvel!" fags finally get the movie they have been wanting.