Good evening owls

Good evening owls,

Cliffhanger resolving

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2017/04/on-the-uncomfortable-brilliance-of-marvels-the-ultimates.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Even Doop is afraid!

I think we have a Doop issue coming up sooner or later

Hello Storyteller.

First Dr. Poison, now everyone on Sup Forums is drooling over Steve Trevor. Feel free to express your abject shock.

F

Liam Sharp's Steve is grody

This is Milligan brutalizing what the Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley estates have been amazing at

>First Dr. Poison, now everyone on Sup Forums is drooling over Steve Trevor. Feel free to express your abject shock.
I'm glad people appreciate that Steve is best boy now

>semiotics class

Every death scene and subsequent monologue(s) in this is perfect.

they are!

After this, expect to see Steve a lot in the main book. They might even bring back ARGUS just so he has something to do to justify him being there besides synergy.

>He was white but he wanted to be black
>and that's what made him blue
pottery

I saw someone incredibly butthurt that Steve Trevor got a one-shot with a (horrors) ALL-MALE team

oh my god I'm dying here

Again, the outfits are just perfect.

THIS IS AMAZING

>I saw someone incredibly butthurt that Steve Trevor got a one-shot with a (horrors) ALL-MALE team
in 2017??? the nerve!

that's... quite the funeral outfit, Venus

>trying to claim him
Y'all are fucking stupid. He was gay AND fat.

Shit, I know this is directly satirizing something, but I can't for the life of me remember what.

intersectionality.jpg

FUUUUUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OP is an extra faggot for ruining my night with this shit.

Hey OP.
Waifu Academy's new event is the most bullshit I've encountered since I started playing. I'm glad it will be my last.

Are you mad at X-Statix, or specifically Doop, or do you just hate yourself :(

Wew that third panel

>maybe she'll give US drive peace now!
Haha, not likely!

That's not fear, it's ecstasy.

it's total bullshit

Rant incoming bros. So recently I've been on a Marvel high and read 3 Fantastic Four runs (Waid, Millar, Hackman). Hackman was easily the best, followed by Millar. Why do people keep saying Waid's run is very good? I know Ringo's art is lovely and all but holy shit the most remarkable thing about Waid's run is just how unremarkable it actually is. He took character archetypes too literally (Susan is supposed to kind of metaphorical mom holding the team together so she literally acts like mom, Johnny is supposed to be bit immature so he is literally a manchild, Ben is supposed to be a short tempered brute so that's like the only emotion he has ever in this run). Don't get me wrong, there's some good stuff like the Galactus arc or the issue where FF meet Kirby but on the whole it's just so meh. I really don't think Waid as a writer does it for me, I felt the same way about his JLA run which people kept saying is the second best modern JL run. Fuck you, Kelly was the second best and Johns even with all his problems had his own unique style to it and on the whole was far more entertaining. I feel like Waid has always been some really hit or miss writer and people always praise him to be the some god tier writer because of his good stuff but I really think he isn't that good, never has been. /rant

F

You mean they aren't all living out in Tupac's compound?

>Waifu Academy's new event is the most bullshit I've encountered since I started playing. I'm glad it will be my last.
Wat is this?

Is this before or after The Ring came out? I think it was after.

A lot of it really is the sheer charm and personality of the Ringo art, IMO. It was also a major recuperation after how far afield Claremont went.

Man, the Lettering in this series is a bit weak, isn't it?

That's the second block of text with no bubble or box, and it's just completely eaten by the background.

I feel similarly about Waid, I don't think I've ever read anything GREAT by him but he is fairly solid with some dips into good/bad territory occasionally kind of like Jurgens

I think my favorite Waid thing is the Flash/GL mini

I don't really like Waid either. He always feels like he writes the worse clone of a good run/good idea.

F

For some reason I thought he lasted longer than this.

It's after, it's Milligan making the superior joke

>Not just covering him in a random tarp.

God, doesn't Milligan know anything? Superheroic Gigantism rewards you in death with a burial tarp bought from Walmart's camping section, the way Millar intended!

It's stressing me out how they keep saying Europa.

I'm mad because Phat was my favorite.

I've never seen a speech bubble get screwed up so hard.

Imagining this in its original UK context is fukken wild

And there's another busted textbox. Only this one looks half there?

Is this a digital transfer issue?
Would Allred not be submitting his art digitally by this point?

Well, I'm embarrassed now.

And they wrapped him up in chains! How fucking tone deaf do you have to be?

>"We couldn't shrink him down."
>Hank Pym standing right over there
... For fucks sake, was there anything about Civil War that wasn't piss ripping stupid?

The part where Frank kills the random Z-list villains is comedy gold

Congratulations El Guapo, you never did anything memorable.

Every single hero but Cap is just chill/cynical enough to not give a shit about it too.

Brutal. He deserved better.

The teeth. The CD eyes. I wanna see THIS as a superhero movie.

I keep thinking that between CW, Ults, and Authority, there's a certain streak of Millar-style satire in Seekrit Empire

Avengers Academy mobile game.
I personally started playing because John Cena plays the Hulk in it, and the novelty of that idea amused me greatly. He's a pretty good Hulk voice too! Hulk Hustle, Loyalty, Respect.
You can't see Hulk!

Current event is a total load where you need to spend 8 hours farming for materials to farm for OTHER materials that you need to grind out combat levels for.

I think it's a naked attempt to force people to spend 12 bucks to buy Bucky, and fuck that.

(and Millar is clearly enjoying both SE and the particular kinds of moral scold fan outrage it's generating)

that bullshit kid Bucky makes me so mad even seeing his fucking face

So, would this be Liz then? Archlich Phillip? Chuckles the Jugheaded Boy?

Ringo's art is really fucking great and charming. God bless his rested soul.
I think all the "ground Superman and make him relatable narratives" that have started since Byrne, Birthright was the best. But yeah other than that, I've never read great comic book by him.
Seriously, his JLA was trying hard to be Morrison trype wacky/serious Silver Age renaissance era book but he had neither the imagination of Morrison, nor the charm. In same way his FF felt like it was trying to capture that Wally West magic with family values and characters growing up and all but it just felt so flat.

If anything, in 2005 it'd be Tony Blair, which would be a fucking *riot*

>How refreshingly liberal is this

>implying Bucky is an incentive
Marvel, pls. You have made this character such a hate sink, that it's almost impressive.

Am I alone in having no interest in reading any current Marvel stuff right now? No company wars bullshit, it's just that nothing looks appealing to me.

Especially the Captain Marvel stuff. In their attempts to push her as some kind of symbol of goodness and hope, they've taken away everything that actually defines her as a character. Let her be an asshole. She has legit entertainment value that way.

I miss this crazy Professor X

I'm still reading Nova, but after that's done I don't have any Marvel pulls

I don't think Legacy will change that.

I'm interested to see what Max Bemis is contracted for with Marvel

holy shit, this is also amazing

>Mr Milligan, there appear to be no brakes on your script

>Am I alone in having no interest in reading any current Marvel stuff right now?

No, I'm right with you, brother. I think the only books that they have coming out right now that I'm genuinely into are Nova (which is cancelled) and Iron Fist (which I'm sure ends up a stealth mini)

USAvengers started fun, but got dragged into the Crossover Zone of Oh Fuck Right Off.

Wearing a goddamn straight up Scout unifrom. Fucking hell.

I used to be against the idea of Sebastian Stan taking over the movie Captain America role because Bucky was essentially a blank slate. Bucky shilling now makes me against it because Bucky period.

>Millar-style satire in Seekrit Empire
Kek no, you're definitely looking for stuff to praise where there isn't any. The biggest fault of SE is that it's taken as seriously and as straight, it could've been the a great satire all around but Spencer takes himself a bit too seriously for that. All the edge and bullshit are supposed to be taken seriously there so Nick can comment on how serious this stuff can get as opposed to how stupid it actually is. Reality right now is stupid dangerous as opposed to seriously dangerous that Spencer is portraying.

Right? Pre-Thunderbolts I was "god Stucky fandom is annoying but there must be something worth following there" and now I am "I hope they get trolled at every turn"

This is not COMIC BOOKS. I don't what the hell this is, but it certainly has my attention.

I'm wavering on how successful it is, but the panel with Cap mentioning Twitter made me lol

As much as I could see a celebrity('s people) pulling this kind of stunt, I can't think of anyone with the level of broad mainstream appeal that could actually pull it off, even in the middle of last decade.

He's making the mutant metaphor/cure stuff have an actual edge, for once

RIP in peace Billy Bob

That was the good bit and makes me think how good of a parody this could've been but everyone wants to be Miller and Moore and nobody wants to write the fun stuff.

I admit that I'd be incredibly into a total high camp version of SE with Zemo's mancrush/boarding school fanfic front and center

should I go jogging tonight, y/n

Nobody is even writing the fic, RIP.

that's definitely an issue with the digital release, I own the omnibus and I never saw that.

Fuck off, Arcade.

Just Ewing. Probably Priest's mini.

he's gonna get dumped so hard

The X-Men are a mess. I might've been interested in the Inhumans, if they weren't being fucked over by this push campaign. I hate to sound like that guy, but most of the books seem too concerned with shoving representation in your face rather than telling a story with characters.

Look, I firmly believe in representation and promoting tolerance, but it ain't gonna happen if you shove it in people's faces like this. Your representatives have to be interesting characters with good stories behind them, or else they will be ridiculed for what they are, tokens. You don't get points without effort.

Sorry for the rant, I never get to say this shit outside these threads.

Shame Sam's busy being dead. He was a logical choice to take up the mantle.

>leaving before mutants

so what all do you think about Rainbow Rowell and Kris Anka being the creative team on Runaways

interestingly I've seen very little people excited about her writing it.. even people-Sup Forums-doesn't-like you'd think would be happy aren't very happy

I was reading HydraCap before they turned it into an event. Can't give a fuck now.

I would hope she did some comics writing training or something, but meh.

Interestingly enough I can never tell if (or ever) Millar intends his book to be taken as a satire or straight. I'm re-reading Ultimates and there's Bush asking Cap if 21st century is cool and Hank Pym is intentionally being asshole to Janet and Hulk being literally a sex crazed monster andall these guys unironically celebrating their celebrity status and Cap with his "letter stands for France" shit. Morrison in Supergods that it's all supposed to be cheeky and exploitative but then the book in subtext and text is making the whole America's fight against terrorism is a legit venture and considering Millar did follow this theme up in Civil War, I really don't know how much of this is supposed to be satirical and how much should be taken on face value. Maybe Morrison was wrong about it, who knows.
Also Ultimates does not hold up, mostly because of how unclear the text is but also how cringe it gets and how decompressed it actually is.

lol this thread

twitter.com/spacetwinks/status/871818941412380672

IDGAF but I'll be interested to see the reception of it.

I think it's pretty much satire, but what also interests me is the degree to which he takes "the Authority are fascists, you know?" and pushes it the genuinely uncomfortable places Ellis didn't by making them always fighting something so x-treme and cool

Article on Ults:

vulture.com/2017/04/on-the-uncomfortable-brilliance-of-marvels-the-ultimates.html

Neither X-Men nor Inhumans is being held back by representation man, what are you talking about? And I'm talking about main book, I don't care for Iceman's gay adventures, they'll never be as cool as Middy's gay adventures.

Launching Secret Warriors as a tie-in (even if it is necessary for the plot) was probably a terrible idea
I saw someonw mention that she is disliked by some groups because of accidental racism, but I know nothing about that

She came across as genuinely interested in taking the book forward from its full history in the interview.

Yeah that's why some people weren't very excited about her writing it white feminism and all that

I want marvel to learn from their last novelist turned comic writer and have her co write something or be taught, but I doubt she will do either