Would Sup Forums watch a cartoon about 40k?

would Sup Forums watch a cartoon about 40k?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/All_Guardsmen_Party
1d4chan.org/wiki/Scraplootas
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Stories/Warhammer_40,000
youtu.be/pcYrTCGKyrU
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not in it's current state.
The Ciaphas Cain novels though...

I already am

I could persuaded to watch a Horus Heresy show.

Only if it was a comedy about a group of Orks and their misadventures.

And the Deathwatch squad that haunts them...

yes
it couldn't be episodic though, id have have arcs from certain times, like one arc dedicated to the horus heresy, another dedicated to a black crusade and another dedicated to maybe the black fortresses event. and then every few episodes we get some filler/comedy episode about an ork ship crew or a guard regiments shenanigans

I would love to follow the exploits of a deathwatch team.

Or better yet, AGP the animated series.

Get Abnett to write for it and make the main characters any non-Astartes (really, non-ultrasmurf) humans, and hell yeah I'd watch it.

There was already a direct-to-dvd cgi movie.

It was rather shitty.

Have space marines show up as a sort've comedic relief. Since space marines are way better at that, and always fall flat when played straight. However still have them kick ass, just make them over the top in the same vein as the redeemer.

only if it was by genndy tartarsauce

A small Team of elite fighters's with differing attitudes having to work together to fight off evil. That sounds like a great show pitch.

at the end of each episode they say a phrase of the day from the imperial cult

only if its about something other than space marines

Why is he so based?

Having Cato sicarius make two hour long self aggrandizement speeches and piss of his compatriots out of battle, but be an absolute beast in battle.

All Guardsman Party and/or Scraplootas needs to be made animation.

1d4chan.org/wiki/All_Guardsmen_Party
1d4chan.org/wiki/Scraplootas
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Stories/Warhammer_40,000

Just started getting into 40k, I'm down!

Let Abnett write Space Marines! Ultramarines because they're iconic!

>a 10 episode rushed series with a forced romance with an eldar who gets killed in the end and the main villain is defeated by an asspull
yipee

The physics seem to match up.

>eldar ashi
yes yes yes

ORDO XENOS DEATHWATCH KILLTEAM!

Marines! Sound off!
One! Two! Three! Four!
DEATHWATCH!
Created through mutation!
DEATHWATCH!
Live in outer space!
DEATHWATCH!
They are our salvation!
Deathwatch!
They fight for the human raaaaaaaaccee!

Marines! Sound off!
ONE!
Live by the creed of our Holy Lord!
TWO!
Defend Mankind from the Filthy Xenos Hordes!
THREE!
Always stand together no matter the scourge!
FOUR!
When all else fails, then it's TIME TO GO PURGE!

I love being in (I love bein in)
I love bein in Deathwatch.

ORDO XENOS DEATHWATCH KILLTEAM!
Marines! Sound off!
One! Town! Three! Four!
DEATHWATCH!
There are none greater!
DEATHWATCH!
Watch out for traitors!
DEATHWATCH!
They're like no others!
DEATHWATCH!
Those battle brothaaaaasssa!
One! Two! Three! Four!
ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR!
ORDO XENOS DEATHWATCH KILLTEAM! (KILLTEAM)

I'd unironically enjoy a show about the shenanigans of Cultist-Chan as she travels through the Imperium.

Judge me all you want, I don't give a fuck.

>arc based 40k series animated by the people who did korgoth the barbarian
please god let it happen

>Have space marines show up as a sort've comedic relief.
Bro Marines best Marines.

It must take place on Planet Guardsmen.

yes just so the rabid fanboys of 40k go full on meltdown and watch them throw their fit.

But eldar/humans can't...

Nevermind, fuck it.

Forgot pic.

Of course something like what this git saidOr a Deff Skwadren show

What's the game?

it would have to be netflix/amazon/hulu/hbo.

rated M

high budget

serialized instead of episodic.

with a fixed amount of episodes. so they can tell a specific story.

with a japanese animation studio to do the story boarding, art, key frames, etc.

Yeah. The horus heresy needs to be a manly, 80s as fuck heman and gi joe toy commercial style of cartoon

The thing is that that animated scene is actually a reference to a REALLY obscure piece of /tg/-canon.

That Eldar is actually supposed to be Macha, and due to the meddling of Tzeench she is cursed/destined to eventually fuck the Emprah. Because this is basically impossible in the grim dark future that is 40k, this paradoxical destiny essentially dooms her to eternal virginity. Not "noble-pure-maiden" type virginity either, but "desperate-pathetic-cringe-worthy" type.

>It doesn't orbit its star, it marches around it on patrol.

Heavy Metal style movie.

Only if Eldar is in it.

The franchise has survived against all odds, this was the most obscure of the obscure at some point, and now it's a cashcow.

If its Ultra Heretical, yeah

I've been away from /tg/ awhile, but Im pretty sure you're misusing the word "franchise"...

...and probably also "cash-cow"

Last Chancers animated series or bust!

>Tfw you were the one to name the Warboss of the Scraplootas.
feels good.

One of the best writefaggotry born from /tg/ that the attention of Sup Forums years ago and ended being "canon"

everybody dies, but the colonel commissar and that one guy. who gets possessed by a daemon later on and skins that female twin alive.

40k bad

No.

40k and everything about it is utter trash and only edgy 12-year olds like it unironically.

Long ago in a distant land, I, Slaanesh, the shape-shifting Master of Excess, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But the foolish White Scars Primarch wielding the Emperors wrath stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal into the webway and flung him into commoragh, where my evil is law! Now the fool seeks to return to the materium, and undo the future that is Chaos!

C'mon, Bait harder you faggots, not even worth a (you)

>and ended being "canon"

...it wat now? I realize you have canon in quotes, but I'm still not sure what you mean due to lack of context.

Sounds perfect for you then.

It would probably end up being about the Blood Ravens, but I'd still watch it.

You joke but Commissar/white scar Jack is a bitchin idea

It's not bait, it's objective fact.

40k was AMAZING back in the day, when it didn't take itself seriously. Well, actually, I'm just kidding, it was still shit, but it was fun, kinda like how an action film or a MCU film is fun but bad.

Now it's unironic, everything is grimderp, the writers all suck, and it is a chore to play.

If you want something /tg/-related that could be good animated?

Fell's Five.

BUT IT NEVER WILL

This was in one of the official codex a few years back, so someone there had to have been aware of it.

Just picture Him from PPG instead of Aku and you pretty much have Slaanesh

>Fell's Five
Too soon user.
it will always be too soon

You can make a cartoon about Dark Heresy or the other tabletop RPGs.

Dark Comedy series about a Rogue Trader and retinue on Space Adventures!

Wouldn't aku be a daemon of Tzeentch

Damn, I miss the Scraplootas and their wacky Saturday morning cartoon stories.

Pyres of Armageddon was good, and I enjoyed The World Engine.

If it could actually explain to me exactly what the hell 40k is, then yes.

Only if it's the perfect blend of one part Justice Friends and one part Clone Wars.

>Could they make a 40k X? /board/
>Only if it was set in the Horus heresy!
Seriously all the interesting races and set pieces in 40k and people would rather watch mahreens rubbing violently against mahreens.

Basically in the future everything sucks throughout the milky way

>t. assmad taufag

>A marine squad shows up to deal with some problem
>Everyone has been shitting themselves about it so far
>The Marines deal with it absurdly easily
>"Was that all? Next time, try to call us for an actual emergency."

Also, i think in the same place actually, there's a a quote from a vindicare assassin that has the same 'name'(number) as what /tg/ gave him.

I recognize that theme tune. Excellent choice.

>mfw I rewatched the whole thing recently.

DnD + Halo + Heavy Metal Album Cover

Seriously though, this would be the way to do it, because its so over the top that attempting to play it straight would fall flat.

I prefer this over the actual 40K story.

>In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.

>Michelangelo
Space Wolf with proclivity for foo and drink who is absolutely terrible at wenching
>Raphael
White Scar with a need for speed and deep burning ancestral hatred for DEldar
>Donatello
Iron Hands whose technological experiments and gadgets skirt the boundaries of tech-heresy
>Leonardo
Inperial Fist taking the Role of fearless leader upon himself and trying to live up to his Primarch's stoic example.

I feel like you would have to change the names so as to fit the themes of the chapters you chose. Maybe make the Michelangelo one very laid back but also perplexingly good at fighting, even for a marine (to match the original.)

Every episode is so fun to watch. This, Freeman's mind, and Blood Gulch Chronicles are Shows I will have no problem binge watching for a week straight again.

Wait, is there a 40k parody series I'm not aware of?

I imagine if they all van to get her and sing the halo theme, the silence of space may break under the amount of hope it gives.

youtu.be/pcYrTCGKyrU

I hope this guy animate Papa Smurf when he finally wakes up in galaxy of dipshits

forgot pic

i really wish Alfabusa could just fucking release the new Episode already. if his patreon is anything to go by, it was finished a goddamn week ago.

>misadventures

Orcs always do what they're intending to do, they're just retarded. Misadventures would imply things turned out incorrectly.

>one episode is a group of orks trying to revive the emperor so they can fight him
>it works and the emperor is revived

kunnin yet brutal

>Ciaphas Cain
>voiced by Rowen Atkinson
MY BODY IS READY.

chapter master, GW caught wind of it and SHUT IT DOWN

oy vey

It'll be interesting. Because they've characterised Girlyman as being as up his own ass as his marines are, but now we have canon material where he basically acts like TTS Emps does when confronted with the horrors of the Imperium.

Obviously he's suffered a personality shift due to braindamage caused by his TIME COMA.

Wasn't that because British law says that you have to persecute every unauthorized use of your brand otherwise it can make a precedent to permit any and all unauthorized uses?