Why can Japanese cartoons not do good drama or human interactions like Western ones can?

Why can Japanese cartoons not do good drama or human interactions like Western ones can?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mV7QOyu7Wzo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do we need to have one of these shitty Sup Forums versus Sup Forums threads every day?
Here. Here's a clip of anime looking shitty. That means you're wrong now and everything else is invalid. Nothing you ever say will top my cherry picked straw-man bullshit.

White americans cry too much.

Is she a fucking robot or something?

They tend to overexagerate stuff, I mean holy shit:

youtube.com/watch?v=mV7QOyu7Wzo

More or less actually.

I cant believe theres people on this website that haven't seen Haruhi by now.

basically. she's from a race of very logic driven aliens, who are implied to be wholly synthetic in nature, and was built from the ground up to go to Earth and investigate Haruhi

Sorry I don't watch garbage

Essentially, but not technically.

She is, biologically, human. Or human-ish tot he point of being indistinguishable. But she was reality-hacked into existence three years ago by either a galactic superintelligence that exists purely in the form of information so she can act as a physical go-between and agent with the humans she has been tasked to observe... OR she was reality hacked into an existence by a 15 year old sociopath and given the memories and powers to fill the role of an alien interface robot so that said sociopath could "meet an alien".

Given the way reality warping powers work in The melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiyah, its fucking impossible to know if the galactic overmind that Yuki says she is a part of really exists, or even if it DOES exist whether it existed prior to 3 years ago. Yuki herself clearly has inhuman powers (explained as 'sending a request to the galactic overmind for immediate assistance in changing local data'), but that doesn't prove anything because the time traveler and psychic cultist both clearly have real powers, and they are in the same boat of maybe being figments of a girls imagination as well.

Its a bizarre show, but a shockingly well directed one. There are so many different ways in the show to bend reality over a table and love it untenderly that in the movie, when the whole world is seemingly rewritten to remove the title character from play, the question isn't "how could this happen?" but "of the half a dozen available ways for this to have happened, who is ACTUALLY responsible?"

I really liked that the movie takes time travel for granted such that we never actually see the final resolution of the plot. We know that future-them come back and fix the problem, but our Kyon never actually gets around to going back in time and finishing the job. Not because it isn't important, but because he's had a hell of a week and it doesn't really matter whether he time travels today or next month so long as they do it EVENTUALLY.

It recognizes the inherent lack of urgency that time travel involves in a way that no other show does.

>everyone on Sup Forums watches Chinese cartoons
I hardly even watch American ones and I browse Sup Forums.

Why would that be so hard o believe?

Not too long ago it was absurdly popular. It was EVERYWHERE.

no it wasn't. Anime is niche,

Because Japs are incapable of having human interaction in real life

Whats your standard for good drama in a western cartoon?

SU, Samurai Jack, Pixar

>SU
You're not even trying

/m/ here

Watch Gundam and get back to me, faggot.

I hate anime and even I've seen Haruhi.

its a running plot point after that in the books. Kyon STILL hasn't gotten around to doing it last I read and he speculates if this means he can't be killed until he does or if that would instead cause some kind of paradox bomb. Its been a few years since I caught up but I recall him using the latter scenario to intimidate a member of an enemy group threatening him.

I also love the idea that he has every major faction by the balls because if they ever fuck him over all he has to do is tell Haruhi "I am John Smith" which would prove to her time travel is real and likely cause another reality shift like three years ago

This is a website for anime fans and whatever non-anime things anime fans want to talk about.

because Japan has a 99.99% chance of autism

These threads are always either made by Sup Forums corssobarders setting up a strawman, Sup Forums users too lazy to find their own rec list for anime so they try to set up some bait, /wsg/ users that want a quick way to get webms, or the most underage of underage.

>Entire country of autists
>No babies being born because they won't go outside and have sex
Nature is fascinating.

Everybody knows Endless Eight killed the Haruhi franchise for good, user.

This

the movie happened after End8 then they still milked the series by making the Nagato Yuki-chan spin Off, there was still money there, the real problem is that Nagaru Tanigawa has burn off and pretty much given up on finishing it