Pink washing??????

Context: the post the comment was added onto was about how Lars turning pink in the new SU episodes WASN'T racist (which it isn't...he's fucking pink) but tons of people are saying it's racist and are calling it pink washing. Personally, I find it hilarious. Any thoughts, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imdb.com/title/tt0091991/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>it's another thread bitching about literally who teenage girls from tumblr bitching about things

Why the fuck do we keep having these

Lars was Filipino?

why u mad

His last name was a Filipino word. So yeah.

and he made a Filipino dish and mentioned having it all the time as a kid, I honestly thought he was white I never noticed his skin was supposed to be brown

He's being sarcastic he has come to terms with this board being a smorldering turd for a long time he is playing along by playing the role of angry man so you guys can unload all your rare pepe's. Isn't being 14 the best.

I keep all my Pepe's in a fireproof box under my bed nice try

>Lars is a flip
this explains a lot.

Because the world has swung hard to the roght since the mid-70s but right-wongers need their persecution complex so they have to seek out more trivial and meaningless foes on the increasingly thin margins to blame for the failures of their idiotic policies.

Pink washing sounds like a vital part of feminine hygiene.

Hello "two political axis" brainlet

Because Sup Forums attracts people who can only pretend to be human if they feel outrage.

>being Filipino is being brown
Yeah, because Filipino complexion doesn't range from pale white to really dark.

>the world
that's why every piece of media you consume is right wing, agenda driven propaganda

oh wait

#triggered

Where are the rare pepes? I need them.

These fucking people will complain about anything. It's not worth giving a shit about.

On one hand, this is just tumblr being a whiny absorbed child again.

On the other hand, the bitching is about SU being off-model/QUALITY again.

Hmm...

what the fuck spongebob episode did you get that screenshot from?

I don't get it. Is it funny because of the bearded guy?

Can you imagine the shitstorm if Connie got PINKED

Haha fucking weak willed pussies. Before you're a tranny, faggot or whatever trendy label you've decided to identify as for the week you should first and foremost have a spine.

A bunch of ineffectual losers hand wringing and complaining online? Yeah. I see it every fucking day.

Snooze You Lose. Patrick and Spongebob climb inside Squidward's body to control him like a flesh puppet for reasons do not justify this idea.

Ube cake was "his family's weird cake", so also yes.

It's racist for green people. Or Blue people. I don't know, ask them

Can flips be ginger?

I just found out smegma was a thing for girls too fairly recently.

Well that goes a long way towards explaining why I hate him so much.

haha

So if I took pills to darken my skin would that make me black? If I was black and my body started to attack the cells responsible for pigment would I be white?

Do is the point that we're gonna all be awkward and shit even if nothing is said? Cause if so, might as well risk offending someone, rather than sit in silence.

half I think?

I don't get it.

I'm filipino and I still kinda hate him. But maybe having pink powers will help him redeem himself .

That's probably what the artist thinks is going to happen. In real life most people hanging around other people learn not to be thin skinned little faggots every time someone uses a word.

>tfw a tranny and a potato have a better social life than you

He's not really a retard. A retard wouldn't know to get offended by someone calling them a retard. Or if they did they wouldn't sit quietly in the corner about it. They'd go tardballs on the poor guys face until animal control came and tranqed them.

Honestly, Connie being pinked would have been a much better plotline than Lars. Lars is so entirely uninteresting an Connie who is actually an interesting character is stuck on Earth where she probably won't be seen for 5 episodes because the writers of this abortion of a cartoon are so completely worthless at what they do that they didn't even think of using the duo they spent a season building up to fight a threat they built up in the same season.

You created this entire dynamic of Connie as Steven's Knight, and had Pearl who would have protected Rose to her last 'breath' be Connie's teacher and DON'T have Connie die for Steven and come to the realization that this isn't a game and there are lives at risk, including her family who they've built an attachment too by connecting them to multiple conflicts in the series during episodes like the one in the hospital where Connie's mom had to realize that Connie was capable of more stuff and could make her own decisions, or her Dad was made a somewhat sympathetic character trying to prove his own competence when being faced with a threat that would have been far out of his league if he had caught it.
Nope, instead you get Lars, the annoying asshole who has very few ties to any character the audience has been given a reason to care about except for Sadie who he has treated like shit for the entirety of the series, because Lars is a completely unlikable character who looks like the biggest hipster douchebag and actually is.

Seriously, whoever is directing this plot would be better off flinging paint off the wall and have 4th graders interpret a story from it.

Responding to SU Critical types at this point is fruitless. They don't care about Steven Universe, they don't care about legitimate criticisms, they just care about seeming "woke" to their tumblr peers. Posting this as if it was some legitimate criticism and not part of a cancerous tumblr subculture is autistic.

Same thing for certain white people. If I get any sun I turn super brown. If I grow my beard out then I start getting these weird little head nods from Muslim dudes. I had this one Spanish chick sit by me in High School and start ranting about whiteys and I'm just like, My great x10 grandfather was the son of a duke and shiet. He got the pox when he was young and was ugly as fuck when he was older. As the youngest and the ugliest he was sent off to Canada.

Steven and Lars have been building their relationship a lot longer than Steven and Connie lad, also I bet the crew chickened out of pinking Connie because they knew Tumblr would have a shit fit and kill more children

Those are honestly the two responses one would have. Either no response or a large outburst.

it's not about him being Filipino
what they want is for him to be not-white
they don't have any real nuanced understanding beyond that, just "obvious cue of minority character=good"

but pointing out the ignorance and flaws of tumblr logic is barely a sport at all
yet Sup Forums never seems to tire of something so trivial and easy

Longer =/= As well or as much

No the point is that Nirvana is shit party music.

I think the fact that Connie is aleady more interesting on her own merit is why they didn't pink wash her.

Lars had been fairly one dimensional through the show. The Ube episode is literally the only time besides the island that we've seen him beyond "I crave the cool kids acceptance and I'm mean to the nerds".

The artist was probably extending that word out to anyone who isn't, as they would put it, "neurotypical." So even your asperger's and other high functioning sorts. (Some of which you'd almost certainly find here on Sup Forums) Not that it makes their overall point any better, though.

He probably just has fucking AD/HD.

>AD/HD
>/

Awe. I like Nirvana.

Well then the artist needs to learn their fucking slurs. Autists aren't tards, they're spergs. In either case you wouldn't catch one at a party.

Sometimes I like to go to the range and shoot >10 yards at steel gongs with my AR as fast as I can. It doesn't help me get any better at shooting or much of anything besides make a lot of noise but it's pretty satisfying.

Maybe we just need these people to go outside every now and then.

What's it like being a 15-year-old who's totally more mature than all your ignorant peers?

That doesn't make sense, hell, following the same logic it would be better to give Zircon a spin off because his character wasn't developed as much in that episode.

Though CIG (Central Investigation Gem) Zircon would be an interesting concept, had he not been poofed.

He probably has A/DD

You shouldn't drink that royal tea.

It smells like teen spirit

I mean, Peridot wasn't particularly interesting until they developed her into "weird little introvert learning to live on earth".

What an awful opinion to hold.

You are completely backwards, she stopped being interesting than, and she won't be interesting unless she starts being a competent scientist who contributes more to the team than making meep morps in the barn with pumpkin. I would love for this show to be a comedy with more episodes like 'the new crystal gems'' but it isn't. They've put their focus into a plot line and Peridot is a disappointing part of that plotline. Instead of a legitimate villain and a threat to the planet she is an autistic midget farmer.

Because none of us can get laid, and we're upset that people gifted with such beauty are able to espouse such stupid opinions. Shit like this helped turned me into a racist.

>Because the world has swung hard to the roght since the mid-70s
What world are you living in? Conservatives have been basically kicked out of Hollywood and academia.

You are thinking backwards, Peridot could have easily be a way to introduce Homeworld ideals and practices to the gems. Provide a different perspective on various things.Someone who would actually break the SU norm of "CRYING and SINGING". Instead, now whenever she opens her whore mouth, it's just grating jokes or memes. She could have been that token evil teammate, but instead we got somebody's coffee shop fanfiction OC.

Connie already has a useful role on the show as the one who can swordfight. Lars needed a superpower to justify continuing to eat up so much god damned screentime.

Hopefully the rest of the townies will eventually become useful too.

This is actually a good comic, but IMO, the only person here whose distress is valid is the rape victim. The tranny needs to get a grip on herself, because if the word "shemale" triggers her so hard, she won't have a fun time transitioning. As for the handicapped abuse victim, I'm also a handicapped abuse victim and I say "retard" all the time. He needs to stop taking things so seriously and ONLY get mad when people are actually trying to hurt his feelings.

Or just stop wasting screentime on Lars. When you waste half your life savings gambling you don't fucking double down.

Probably the world of politics and business that, unlike academia and entertainment can actually affect the real world.

Fucking cunts will always find something to bitch about

>Patrick and Spongebob climb inside Squidward's body to control him like a flesh puppet
This is some Ren and Stimpy shit right here

>He needs to stop taking things so seriously and ONLY get mad when people are actually trying to hurt his feelings.
The same thing goes for all of the "people" in that comic and literally everyone ever in the entire planet.
Also those asshole cosmonauts.
Fuck those guys.

Peridot was wasted so much that it's disgusting. We have a gem here who is perfectly capable of working on gem tech and could revitalize all the lost gem weaponry and locations left on Earth and instead the most we get is her operating the Diamond console on the moon. She doesn't try recreating her limb enhancers, she doesn't actually make interesting things using earth junk at a more proficient rate than Pearl, and even still only builds the drill with that aptitude, and she doesn't actively examine anything that she may find interesting science or technology wise in human culture despite having the trappings to do exactly that.

Instead of meep-morps, why hadn't the barn been decked out to represent the insane futuristic-like society she came from? Why the fuck is she a meme gremlin now who just fucks around and does NOTHING all the time?

No, it's Scandinavian.

Fucking around is what Earth was meant for.

The leftists need to stop only focusing on "academia" and (((entertainment))).

Lars's pink skin is a change made to his body by Steven, the symbolism of which is non-trivial; but it's sexual politics, not racial. It marks him as "of" Steven, and essentially subservient. It's one reason why tumblr likes Lars now; because it reinforces him as an 'uke'.

It's very easy for people to misinterpret emotions, especially when young, and resort to an easy explanation when something makes them feel "off"; in this case, a man who relates to Lars is having his negative feelings fetishized, or else someone who wants Lars to be the 'seme' is having that fetish frustrated.

The other reason they like him is that, like being trans, being pink conceptually dilutes maleness (in a way that can be angrily denied, but still exists enough to serve the purpose).

>We got a lesbarn
>We could've gotten a tricked out, battle fortress created from junk that Peridot made in order to fight back against Homeworld.
Godfuckingdamit.

This. I'm filipino and I'm as brown as brown can be, but my cousin and aunt are super white. You wouldn't be able to tell they're filipino if they hadn't said so.

m.imdb.com/title/tt0091991/

No he's just a whiny bitch.

Does it really suprise you?
>Garnet
>mysterious and stoic leader of the Gems
>turns into two goofy spergs and then a big sperg when fused
>Connie
>girl who can swing a sword but is in over her head
>suddenly she is super awesome at everything and is fine going off into space to hold her own against aliens

What is this nonsense, I feel like this is an attempt to out tumblr tumblr, and it's working

Because (just like tumblr), we have to be pissed about something.

It's called white fragility and it's real. Like a character just being black makes them upset.

If some people find black characters offensive, shouldn't we stop including black characters in things?

It's beautiful, all this time the boys haven't seen color but just another man

What's it like being 17 and oh so more mature that those dweebs that listen to Nirvana?

The entirety of Season 10 is a homage of Ren and Stimpy.

>On the other hand, the bitching is about SU being off-model/QUALITY again.
I think that's a bit of a reach, user.

You know, that has a ring of truth to it.

Are people really that sensitive and still able to function in the outside world?

So what changed about Connie? She's still basically the same, and the only difference is that she is being trained in the sword and how to fight. She hasn't really done anything spectacular, and is only at her best when she and Steven coordinate together.

If this is in regards to how she fared against Topaz, then she really didn't do anything except manage to block a few swings.

I think that's the problem, she was trained, yes, but do you really think that she could pull those moves and actually fight off superhuman entities?

She wasn't even really fighting them off. She was managing to block the strikes and defend herself from the strikes.

It's highly likely doing so could have been a bit of a struggle to manage, or was something she had a hard time doing. If anything, this is simply a nitpick over something in a cartoon

Sup Forums-tier shit gets deleted on Sup Forums. Why can't we get it deleted here? I don't care about you and your feefees, OP; take that shit on somewhere, you mongoloid.

let us have our fun, damnit!

Fuck off. You're just shitting up a board.
>>>/reddit/

The board can't get worse than /SUG/ this is refreshing

That's retarded. KYS and then fuck off.