>Spits out memes just like lies
>Look Out!
>Here comes the Spider-Quip

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cKW7NSgiCFo
youtube.com/watch?v=EbgM3pfe5yA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtu.be/cKW7NSgiCFo

Spider-Man's whole -thing- is quipping to throw off his opponents. Read some comics.

You'd have gotten your point across better if you'd made the effort to stick to the original song's rhyme scheme, or at least kept to the original's rhythm.

Also, I know Sup Forums is weirdly fixated on one-liners as though they haven't been a part of action movies for decades, but in this case, they're pretty justified. Spider-Man quips non-stop, it's why everyone hates him. If you think about it, it makes complete sense- Spider-Man's basically that one fifteen year old high school kid that thinks he's hilarious (and to the other kids in his Trigonometry class, he probably is), but adults just find him kind of irritating.

Yeah but when everyone quips - the real question is who doesn't?

Doesn't Johnny Storm really like him?

Yeah but everyone hates Johnny too.

Most of his quips suck.

When everyone quips, no one does.

This is also the point.

unironically better than the original,

Do you really expect Sup Forums to read comics?

Isn't being a fucking annoying little shit that never stops telling jokes every time he opens his mouth sort of what Spider-Man is all about...since the early 60's?

No it isn't

Spider-Man is about telling a story about how getting superpowers does not make someone's life instantly better and he still has loads of real world problems that pile up while he is using a superhero persona to escape his position in life.

Quipping is a modern bullshittery that needs to die in a fire. Marvel uses that as a crutch to hige weak storytelling

This is ultimately the problem. Rather than be his own thing in the MCU, his new gimmick just ends up being... talking like everyone else, but being kindof annoying and pathetic i guess?

Like if everybody in justice league quipped like the flash nonstop but he was the only one who ever got groaned at.

Yes it is
Ignore this faggot

Kill yourself.

>Ruby Tuesday
Now there's a villain I haven't seen for a while

has anyone stumped peter while he was quipping?

as in peter does his thing then the opponent says something in return that makes him go "hmmmm..." in mid-battle?

actually stopping to think is a bonus.

Found the shill

What he's all about? No. A staple of his character from the beginning? Yes.

You're just looking for an excuse to rail against the concept of humor.

Fucking MCUFags need to fuck off

If you've only watched the movies, go back to Sup Forums.

That's his fucking character. He quipped when Morlun beat him within an inch of his life.

>Spider-man will never be known as more than the guy who says funny things
>Peters character will always be reduced to simply quips

Quip comedy is just a crutch for a shitty writer

Whatever helps you sleep at night

>Yeah but when everyone quips - the real question is who doesn't?

"She with you?"
"I thought she was with you."

Sometimes, but not always. Spider-Man writers have used quipping very effectively before. To say quippy and punchy humor is inherently a bad thing is philistine.

The problem is that Spider-Man was meant to be dramatic, and show the reality of dressing up as a superhero and neglecting one's home life. He was not meant to be a comedy character at all.

That is a new thing from writers who don't know shit about the character at all and he has been flanderized into some kind of spider themed Joker that quips all the time and plays tricks on the villains.

FUCKING CASUALS I SWEAR! Spider-Man doesn't quip, he banters.

A quip is a witty remark

A banter is teasing.

Peter ruthlessly makes fun of his enemies, not making sly, awkward comments while jerking off Tony. He's a sarcastic douche, not an awkward pussy. His entire point is to make fun of his enemies to throw them off and make them do something stupid.

>Spider-Man is about telling a story about how getting superpowers does not make someone's life instantly better and he still has loads of real world problems that pile up while he is using a superhero persona to escape his position in life.

I agree with this.

>Quipping is a modern bullshittery that needs to die in a fire. Marvel uses that as a crutch to hige weak storytelling

I don't with this to a degree. Being sarcastic and narcissistic is part of Peter's personality. The problem is, it takes a smart writer to pull it off, and with Slott's death grip on the character we'll only be able to see it again in side books. But he does have his moments, like pic related.

>Spider-Man was meant to be dramatic
Spider-Man is not one story. He's an ongoing comic book character that can be interpreted in many different ways, from gritty to somber to silly.

He had somber origins, but he's not fucking Batman. Once he became an ongoing character (ie. after one issue), they lightened him up into the character we all know and love. Hell, if that's not good enough for you, they've made it pretty clear that a lot of the time, he's only using humor as a coping mechanism.

>Spider-Man doesn't quip, he banters.
He makes shitty puns and jokes about the situation all the fucking time in the comics even in his own head

>shitty puns

Shitty puns can also be banters.

> and jokes

Banters are, by definition, jokes.

He spends far more times making fun of his enemies and calling them tools then awkwardly spouting a one liner and looking around at his peers for approval. Have you even read a Spider-Man comic older than the past ten years?

Yes everybody in Spiderman quips.
youtube.com/watch?v=EbgM3pfe5yA

Quips are a form of banter doofus. Quips are jibes.

A quip can be both banter and one liners. One liners are the real cancer. 90% of the Avengers was one liners for example, but there wasn't much back and forth.

>can be banters
>banters are
Holy fuck, learn English

But Spider-Man isn't bantering in this movie, is he? He's doing the same thing the Avengers have been doing in all their movies.

Man, you sure got me, stranger online who doesn't like my grammar. How will I ever recover?

>a thread to bitch about Spider-Man making jokes all the time
>motherfucking Spider-Man
is this really what Sup Forums is reduced to

I should re-emphasise.

There is nothing inherently wrong with one liners, the problem with the Avengers was that Joss Whedon literally didn't write a single line that wasn't a one liner. Spiderman banters and spouts off one liners because he is a cocky teenager. I'm not advocating this movie, I don't know if it will be good, but calling it a quipfest because of the trailer is stupid. Toby Maguire had a lot of one liners too.

My biggest issue with the trailer was that it was 90% Robert Downey Jr. It gave the impression they have very little faith in this movie.