What went so right?

>Rebirth is a commercial and critical success
>niche imprints like Young Animal, Wild Storm and Hanna Barbera are critical successes
>lots of well-deserved Eisner noms
>DC dominating digital and tpb releases
>DC has a sustainable business model unlike Marvel
>Injustice 2 is a massive commercial and critical success
>LEGO Batman and Wonder Woman are commercial and critical successes
>Teen Titans getting a live action series
>DC Superhero Girls getting a full-time series
>CW series still going strong
>nothing but good press after years of constant fuck-ups

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/gravity_2013/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You know what went right.

THIS IS FOR THE FANS!

They learned from their mistakes

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else." - Winston Churchill

Based Winston would never have gone through with the nu52

THIS IS FOR THE FANS!

THIS IF FOR THE FANS!

>What went so right?
An awesome new logo.

THIS IS FOR THE FANS

THANK YOU BASED JOHNS

THIS IS FOR THE FANS

THIS IS FOR THE FANS

THIS IS FOR THE FANS

THIS IS FOR THE FANS!

THIS IS FOR THE FANS

The current logo is easily my favorite since I've been reading comics
I've always found the DC Bullet to be too old-fashioned, the DC Spin too flashy, and the New 52 one, while a clever design, seems too 'artificial'
The Rebirth logo is the perfect combination of old-school and elegant

Rebirth was well planned out in advance.
>one major story that is contained to a few books and doesn't interrupt the character driven books like Green Arrow and Green Lanterns
>carefully planned with authors and artists as to what they could handle. Authors writing a book that double shipped generally only had to worry about that one book (unlike Bendis writing 6 books at a time at Marvel).
>Worked with artists to cycle them through arcs so they could keep up with schedule and not get overworked, even giving extra work if the artist wanted
>making superhero books superhero books. Launching seperate lines for the other types of books, Young Animals, Wild Storm, Hanna Barbera are all different that there isn't overlap and don't compete with each other. Dark Matter will yet again fill another niche market, artist driven books. This seems smart cause Top Cow, the main artist driven company isn't publishing much and there seems to be a void for this.
>slowly introduced the new books instead of flooding the market. This allowed people to settle into the books they wanted to stick with and allowed them to drop books they didn't like as much for new ones coming out.

am I missing anything?

THIS IS FOR THE FANS!

#4THEFANS

I would add that DC gives more time for a book to find an audience (no Rebirth book has been cancelled yet) while Marvel cancels almost every small title after 7-8 issues
I can only imagine that this must be demotivating for artists and writers too: 'oh geez, why should I write for Marvel, if DC can offer a steady job?'

U U
U U

The movie intro is GOAT too

Seriously, it's as if they found a pit somewhere filled with liquid competence, and the first thing they did with it was inject a generous dose straight into Dan Didio's neck. Scott Lobdell got the second dose. The experiments are clearly going well.

Finding new artists and deviating from their house style but keeping the quality high.

The Spin will always be my favorite that's when I started reading so I'll always see it as my DC.

The New 52 logo maybe it's resentment for what it represents but even on it's own I don't think it's very good.

As Rebirth I like it it's basic but that's not a bad thing.

THIS IS FOR THE FANS!

Wonder Woman was okay at best and the CW shows are terrible. JLA is decent but it never gets aired and the DTVs have been trash for at least 5 years now.

The comics are good, some even great, but they still have a very long way to go when it comes to media adaptations.

The cold truth.

This is for the fans

good comics

I haven't been following Flash Rebirth, is Wally actually back or was he just back for that one issue?

I hated the 2012 Logo, tried to be more complex than it actually was

Still alive chilling with the Titans.

THIS IS FOR THE FANS

>Young Animal, Wild Storm and Hanna Barbera are critical successes
It's adorable how you suddenly care about "critics" when it fits your preferred narrative : )

Injustice 2 was garbage. According to my friend who plays video games. Because I do not.
1976 a best
mostly I'm just really really enjoying Wild Storm and Young Animal

>Age of Ultron
>75% certified fresh

>Injustice 2 was garbage. According to my friend who plays video games

Not sure what exactly your friend's problem is then.

What the fuck was that post?

>Thor 2 at 66%
How the fuck did this movie get good reviews?!

le cereal man

I see.

Cereal Lord
Yeah critics are right
rottentomatoes.com/m/gravity_2013/

I didn't write any reviews but I personally loved everything about it that had to do with Frigga

I think he just hates video games

It's an ugly, poorly animated blande fighting game.