Legend of Tomorrow recruits Isis

>The CW has announced that Tala Ashe (American Odyssey) will join the cast as as Zari Adrianna Tomaz, a character better known to DC Comics fans — not to mention viewers of 1970s Saturday-morning television — as the superheroine Isis.

>Ashe’s character is described by the network as a Muslim-American woman from the year 2030 who lives in a world of contradictions: “Technology has brought about incredible change in her future — too bad human nature hasn’t kept pace. Fear, prejudice and a lack of care for the planet have forced Zari to become a “’grey hat hacktivist.’ A computer nerd with a wry, combative attitude. A woman living a double life who doesn’t realize that she has secret, latent powers derived from an ancient, mystical source.”

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zara_(comics)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I use to be a barista
replaced with
>I use to be a hacker

Top tier cringe. Everything about this description reads like obvious CURRENT YEAR writing. Fuck this show.

Bets that Felicity can STILL outhack a hacker from the future?

So DC has been treating her like shit for decades?
I had no idea that their Isis was based on the one from that show.

That is a really unfortunate codename.

Yeah, are the showrunners really that dumb?

Are you people retarded?

Muslim...named Isis. This is not going to go well.

Are you? She's a pre-existing character, but this is still an awkward time as fuck to bring her in.

Who cares, she's named after the goddess, it's not an acronym like with Archer.

No but people are nearly every business named after the Egyptian God has had to change it name because more people know ISIS as terrorists & not Egyptian god

Reminder that people are idiots and can't tell the difference between an Egyptian goddess and the islamic state.

That sounds completely fucking awful.

The only thing I care about is the promised Damien Darhk appearance anyway.
Just hope he would be fun, not shit likeh he was on Arrow.

Did watch season 2 of Legends?

>American muslim named ISIS

touche

>....“’grey hat hacktivist.’ A computer nerd with a wry, combative attitude

WHOA LOOK THE FUCK OUT GUYS, IT'S THE ONE AND ONLY HACKER KNOWN AS Sup Forums. HIDE YOUR WOMEN AND FUCKING CHILDREN BECAYSE SHE'LL BYPASS YOUR DDOS AND STEAL YOUR IP ADDRESS. MAYBE SHE EVEN CODES IN A HYPER DECRYPT JAVA PROGRAM AND RUNS LYNUX TO STAY UNTRACIBLE FROM MICROSOFT'S SERVERS. FUCK.

SHE COULD PROBABLY SHUT THE CITY POWER OFF IF SHE GETS AHOLD OF THE SOURCE CODE AND PRESSES A BUTTON ON HER PHONE. MAYBE ALL THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS WILL GET HACKED BECAUSE THEY'RE CONNECTED TO ETHERNET CABLES!

BETTER STAY AWAY FROM HER ELITE. FUCKING..HACKER. RIG. AMD AND SIX MONITORS STACKED ON TOP OF EACH OTHER WITH A MECHANICAL KEYBOARD FOR GIGAFAST LIGHTNING HACKS. I WOULD NOT BE CAUGHT DEAD GETTING ON HER WRONG SIDE AM I RIGHT WHAT A POWERFUL AND PROGRESSIVE WOMAN, WIPING MY C:/ DRIVE WUTH JUST THE CLICK. SHE CAN RESET MY ROUTER. I FEAR FOR MY FILES BEING DECRYPTED.

When will writers fuck off with this shit? Not a single one of them ever understands how technology works, but they insist on making insipid characters who specialize in the very thing they know nothing about.

Awesome. Really epic dude. I want some college dropout who was going to major in entomology explaining astrophysics to me. Tell me to my face nothing but sweet lies while morons eat this shit up.

10/10, made me respond. I will never not be mad at this trash.

I want them to rechristen themselves as Jesus, just for giggles.

>hacktivist
Must you really?

Y'know I take back all the times I bitched about the Legion of Super-Heroes not being in this show. Keep them faaaar away from this shit, please.

Yes, hence why I'm hyped for more.
If I only saw him on Arrow, the emotion I would feel is being glad that he is dead.

Since I still doubt there will ever be a Shazam or Black Adam movie (or an ongoing for that matter), this is probably the first step towards seeing either the Marvel or Black Marvel family relegated to the hellhole of the DCW.

>Muslim hero called ISIS
Yeah I'm sure this will pass well on TV

Oh boy
Where is the one writer for CW capeshows that seems to know what he's doing

>hacktivist
I can't wait for this portmanteau to fall out of grace

She'll probably just go by her real name Zari
And they'll just mention that her powers come from the Goddess Isis once.

It's not like anyone actually calls Nate "Citizen Steel"

My ebay name had Isis in it after the god and I changed that shit super quick

Probably moved on to Flash

>as the superheroine Isis
In the pantheon of superheroine fap material for kids, she was up there with Lynda Carter and Erin Grey.

Hi, Sup Forums! But you're right, especially when the character insists on spouting a bunch of nonsense technobabble. Like, we'll take your word for it that the character can computor good, just don't go Star Trek on us, please.

>hacktivist

UNCLE GUGGIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm only familiar with this character from her appearing in 52 as part of the Black Marvel Family. Is the 1970's show worth watching?

I demand the Sivana family show up.

Man they should have just gone with the WW villain Zara
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zara_(comics)

>rechristen

>can't use the name of an Egyptian goddess because of some assholes

Why are Americans such snowflakes?

>“’grey hat hacktivist.’ A computer nerd with a wry, combative attitude
Ugh. Another one of these types?

I don't think they know how to do anything else

i hope people protest cw promoting isis, and they have to change the characters name

you mean britbongs right?

>Hi Sup Forums!
/vr/ and Sup Forums m8. Even I know when technobabble's horsehit.

She's not named that.
Sadly, terrorists win again. First Pepe, now Isis, they ruin everything.

Yea last appearance was brought back from death as a rape slave to frost. Gains back her freewill and goes crazy. Former husband black adam manages to calm down before both of them get stuck in stone.

Then New 52 wiped all of that out.

>YOU DOUBLE FELICITY

well he sure as hell wasn't there the 3rd season

well we tried just calling them terrorists and people bitched about us not using their chosen name. Can't hurt the feelings of terrorists ya know

>A Muslim-American from the year 2030, facing prejudice and bigotry.
>Implying there will be any muslims left in the USA and the west by 2030.

I guess it's science fiction for a reason.

I think it's more they didn't want them undercutting they're muzzies.

>hacktivist from the near future

Only hilarious things can come from this

c...cute.

Black Lightning maybe. I'm gonna miss him. Then again, I might give BL a try if I hear good things.

It's like when Nazis ruined armbands and Hugo Boss. The bad guys ruin everything.

>We need a character that panders completely to the tumblr crowd that exclusively gets their narratives through CNN
Should have known they wouldn't be able to match the magic of season 2 but this is just too much. This is why it's getting harder to support any of these DCCW shows. Not only can the writing get retarded with bad twists and awful relationship drama but they tack on their half assed political agendas like that's why anyone really watches this shit.

Was she that Black Adam honey from 52?

and Chaplin mustaches

The only thing I can think of Isis being in new 52 was that Forever Evil issue where she revives Black Adam

52 not nu52. Jesus user.

My mistake, I read that wrong.

You've made a new enemy today.

Why is she called Zari Adrianna Tomaz instead of just Adrianna Tomaz?

You think that matters? You think people would be fine if I named my child adolf, but not after Hitler? They're definitely changing it from Isis. You think they'll get away with naming a Muslim character Isis?