Let's have a civilized Karl thread

Let's have a civilized Karl thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OjMQ4oWIfn4
youtube.com/watch?v=3HnxHeZ6mqU
youtube.com/watch?v=qSAP4SXBiT8
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/4m8ca6/alrite_im_karl_pilkington_ask_me_anything/d3tdfea/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=IAmA
youtube.com/watch?v=37iJ57UntsA
youtube.com/watch?v=y-XKtcfQJMw
youtube.com/watch?v=5LliaB2h11Q
youtube.com/watch?v=vsSSMjHd2gg
youtube.com/watch?v=FR3DkOvPjxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=L9ypTx_s22g
youtube.com/watch?v=CiNOqHCn55k
youtube.com/watch?v=yDdnTR7mqKs
youtube.com/watch?v=AIshvpmDtX4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=OjMQ4oWIfn4

Head like a FUCKING orange

LET HIM FINISH

this on my list of "shows" I wish had infinite episodes, as impossible and impractical it is.

CHIMPANZEE THAT IT'SMONKEYNEEEWS

Gets funnier every time.

every time I go on holiday I put every episode of the podcast/radio show on my phone to listen to. Been doing it for years and they're still funny.

it would be so wonderful if Ricky Gervais would fall into a pool of molten metal, that would be just great

youtube.com/watch?v=3HnxHeZ6mqU
youtube.com/watch?v=qSAP4SXBiT8

Which of Monkey News was superior?

The bank robbery story actually had me crying with laughter, which is so rare I can't recall any other time it's happened.

>An' I'm just thinkin' "Does he want me pie?"

What if the bald bloke is like some kinda cartoon character wearin human skin. Kinda like Judge Doom from who framed roger rabbit but, like he isn't malicious. He just wants to live life but, he doesn't quiet 'get' human society but still he tries to fit in
kinda weird innit?

An' I'd say, "Look..... knobhead ."

Read recently Karl never wants to work with Ricky ever again.

Guess he finally had enough.

Ricky's a huge asshole, so that doesn't surprise me in the least.

YOU'RE TALKING SHIT

...Steve.

this is the very definition of "changing the narrative as it goes along"
fucking rick

Neither does Merchant.

>tfw listening it to the third time from the start again
>this year

I don't know why, but I find it adorable when foreigners are astounded at the idea of someone in America carrying around a gun.

Nice trips, but need source

Not that user but he did an AMA a year ago where someone asked him about Ricky and Steve.

>Alrite. How’s it going. First answer. We ain’t fallen out but I hardly ever see either of them. Doing the podcasts used to mean we had to meet up but since we knocked them on the head we’ve just been getting on with our own things. Can’t say I’ve missed them that much though to be honest. One of the last times I saw Ricky he farted on my head so I’m not in a rush to meet with him anytime soon. Steve sent me a photo of him the other day and he’s now totally bald! Not sure if he’s ill or he’s shaved it for a part in a film.

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/4m8ca6/alrite_im_karl_pilkington_ask_me_anything/d3tdfea/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=IAmA

>One of the last times I saw Ricky he farted on my head

got a juicy chuckle outta me

>Ricky farted on Karl's head
For what purpose?

Am I supposed to hate those two guys on the side, because I do

They would have you believe otherwise, but yes.

Stephen (green sweater) can be a cool papa sometimes but Ricky Gervais (orange sweater) is a well known anus.

Can I get more info on that, a link on the article perhaps?

Stephen is more of a dick than Rick it just that he hides it better.

Was this around the time they were filming Logan? Cause that'd explain Steve's baldness.

>No, no karl, you don't understand
>the orange ones and the blue ones are connected, it's like a door
>it's not just knockin' holes in the wall

Ricky would probably be GLaDoS in this scenario

Isn't that the entire point of a hostage situation, though? For all you know the guy's lying and he has no hostage to begin with.

This and the rear window bit are still my favorites

>karl wasn't in Portal 2
Fuck, that would've been amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=37iJ57UntsA

He may be lying, but a person's life can still be at stake if he wasn't. So, it's better to not take any chances.

This scenario has a surprizing amount of potential

>karl, there's only two portals. The second orange one you're looking at is just the first one, you're just looking at it from the blue one

I wonder if Stephen Merchent thought about Karl a lot when voicing Wheatley

Cracks me up every damn time.

>Whole lotta faffin' goin' about here if you ask me
>Who asked for this portal gun? What were they gonna do with it?
>You make one thing, now you have to make a whole bunch of big puzzle rooms just to test it. Coulda been curin' diseases n that.

youtube.com/watch?v=y-XKtcfQJMw

youtube.com/watch?v=5LliaB2h11Q

youtube.com/watch?v=vsSSMjHd2gg

He has said that many times before. He also said that the first season of Idiot Abroad was his last work with them.

Source? I want to read/hear that, he was probably right pissed.

youtube.com/watch?v=FR3DkOvPjxQ

I understand why Ricky loves his cat so much. I love his cat too.

youtube.com/watch?v=L9ypTx_s22g

>civilized
what happened last time?

Wrong. Stephen is a weirdo and kind of a creep. Also he can dish it out but he can't take it. Ricky insults Karl more but also laughs it off when Karl fights back. Steve gets all bent out of shape.

At least Steve still keeps in touch with Karl

Steve at least keeps in touch, but he's likely the busiest of the three as he's in movies regularly so would be in the States a lot and have less time to hang out.

Ricky is Ricky

There's a clip which never got animated of Karl saying a "blind man turns on a light" riddle to Ricky. Ricky cant wrap his head around it and thinks Karl's fucked it up, and gets a bit bent out of shape himself as he tries to quickly cut to the next song.

Steve steps in and goes "Now hang on... Karl's right. Ricky he outsmarted you!'
Cue Karl cheering in sheer joy.

>Also he can dish it out but he can't take it. Ricky insults Karl more but also laughs it off when Karl fights back. Steve gets all bent out of shape.
He's done it again HE'S DONE YOU AGAIN!

pure ecstasy

It really depends, usually Ricky is more aggressive with Karl while Stephen just sits back and snickers with an occasional quip

link?

Ricky throwing fuel on the fire and just being a shit-stirrer in general never ceases to amuse me.

So why does Karl put up with so much of the other two's shit? Is it just the money or is he in on the joke and it's all an act?

youtube.com/watch?v=CiNOqHCn55k

It's so weird to hear Karl laugh in triumph.

because they're friends

little monkey fella

kek, you can hear Ricky laughing too.

It was literally all for the money. Would you go to a job where two annoying cunts call you an idiot for eight hours, seven days a week?

Judging by the XFM shows he gave as good as he got off air so playing the fool a bit on air wasn't that big of a deal.

I have an American question for the Brits in this thread - What the hell is an estate in England?

Here in America, an estate would either be a large property (a mansion and some land) or the collective belongings of a deceased person (lawyers for SoAndSo's estate will allow a movie adaptation of their book). Karl always talks about growing up on an estate, but he just seems to be describing a neighborhood. Is that all it means? Neighborhood? Because he also seems to be describing it as some kind of fenced in ghetto where crazy people are forced to live.

Actually, yes. I look like Karl too.

If you run an abusive podcast please hmu

>well that's a bit daft to give it to the testers, innit?
>they just make a portal in the ceiling, climb out, and be done with it
>it's like putting a lion in a pit in the zoo but giving him a ramp so he can climb out

LET HIM FINISH RICKKKYYYYYY

I think what he says is that he lived in a council estate, right? That is a neighborhood made up of council housing, which is cheap housing built by the government, plus stores and other amenities. At least according to wikipedia, I'm not British.

It's equivalent to the projects.

Oh, okay. Now it makes sense.

Steve probably sent a picture of him on the set of Logan as Caliban and Karl is unsure if hes ill or just shaved his head

my favourite monkey news

youtube.com/watch?v=yDdnTR7mqKs

this is a close second:

youtube.com/watch?v=AIshvpmDtX4

>no Karl Core

Y'know they REALLY should've ended the show on this, right here. Karl finally one upping Ricky with a riddle would've been a satisfying ending.