Comics have become so mature and progressive. And here I thought these were simply children's books

Comics have become so mature and progressive. And here I thought these were simply children's books.

Man, I really hope Slott dies in agony.

Better take the rest of Marvel's writers with him

Bobbi with powers was a mistake

I hate literally everything about this page.

>Slott will still be on ASM after legacy
>Slott will still be writing ASM fifty years from now
>Slott will write ASM forever

How does that even make sense in-character?

Wait I get it now. Peter is autistic but doesn't know he is yet. Slott will end his run with the diagnosis.

This is funny. It's sarcasm, isn't it?

What are comic books children read?
Moongirl, DC super hero girls, something else?

It doesn't.

my LCBS has a section for "children's comics" and they're all based on cartoons.

Okay seriously what the fuck even is this. Just...Fucking kill me

Yes. It's Spider-man. He makes jokes. That's his thing. People just like to get offended by things so they're pretending like this is SUPER SERIOUS SJW PROPAGANDA instead of just a dumb joke.

Is this parody?
Is this operating on at least two maybe three layers of irony?
Or is it as straightforwardly bad as it seems?

Bad as it seems.

Squirrel Girl. Cartoon tie-ins.

Capes talking about social issues is as old as the 70s.

The art's pretty good.

It is legitimately as bad as it seems, however those who wish to defend it will cite spiderman's personality and claim it's meant to be a joke.

You see this way they can get that sweet sweet sjw message across, and people who don't like it can just say "eh it's spiderman he wasn't serious"

Nope, he was being dead serious. They actually drop what they were doing specifically because Peter felt awkward about hitting people who aren't even a minority. This is the page directly after.

>Comics have become so mature and progressive.
>Sup Forumsmblr at its finest
Dude, come on, it's a fucking sarcasm... I think.

Yeah but that's the point- Green Arrow has been socially conscious since the beginning. For Spider-man to suddenly become so WoOoOoOoOoKe out of nowhere is out of character

If we're operating by your logic, then wouldn't that mean people should use Spider-Man as a tool to support right wing beliefs?

I mean, personally I think all politics should be pushed avoiding in comics currently, but this is the logic you're operating on, considering Ditko.

green arrow used to be uniquely liberal now everyone is more left than Ollie.

Anything by Raina Telgemeier. I think she makes a million dollars in book sales. In case you're wondering, it's not worth reading her shit unless you're a little girl or a librarian in charge of the kids section..

well it's not like they made flash a liberal or anything. I don't recall peter ever having his political views as a major visible component of his character.

Ditko's Peter was an apolitical guy who thought college protestors were a bunch of fools.

Leave it to Slott to bring down one of the most popular characters in the world at 60k sales. Meanwhile FF was ''officially'' cancelled for selling below 40k.

I don't understand this 70's talk

Why does he want him specifically because he's black if not to be a token

Why is this so important to him that he has to be half obscured in shadow

Why are 2 different characters both against someone being against tokenism

Ditko's objectivist views leaked into the character. Later on Stan picked up on this and would edit text post production to make Peter say exactly the opposite of what Ditko wanted him to say. This caused a lot of fighting between the two and awkward moments in the comic. One page Peter would be acting like a right winger, then the next he'd be acting like a lefty. This ultimately led to Ditko quitting, but the fact of the matter remains that the creator of the character wanted him to share his objectivist views.

Yes it does, if he's joking.
Never crossed your minds, huh?

He's not.

For an example of what I mean, Ditko would have moments like this.

>H-He was joking guys!!

You shills aren't even trying anymore.

But then moments later, Stan would edit the text later on to reveal that Peter didn't mean what he said.

That sequence wasn't by Ditko but was.

But then it's evident that the original purpose was for Peter to be in disagreement, because later on Ditko would go on to demonize the protesters. Then the process would repeat.

>shills
Nice job removing any validity that your post could ever have, moron.

You have a pretty low bar for comedy.

What a fucking disgraceful attempt at defending that comic.

She obviously mentioned the guys wearing masks place because it was already in the plans to go there. Or you think they just dropped their job and went around Hong Kong looking for illegal activities with masked men?

Sure thing, shill.

Yes, that's exactly what they did. Did you not read the damn comic? The entire reason they were doing that was because they were going around beating random thugs to get information about where Goblin was, only to find out he was within Parker Industries the whole time (like always)
Seriously, fuck this Tony Stark lite crap.

You do realize Ditko would draw it so Stan thought Peter was saying something counterculture then after the dialogue was written Ditko would do the finished drawing and Peter would be speaking the "establishment is good/positive" phrase or talking shit about he protestors.

I think, you're lost. Here is echo-chamber you're looking for, inbreed mother fucker.

Jesus fuck, that's racist.

Two different ideas, and I am going to throw some shade in explaining them in order to be brief.

Diversification vs Tokenism.

On the one hand you can naturally include people not normally included by keeping those people in mind when it comes to evaluation. Tokenism is including someone because you are looking to fill a quota.

So I assume this was happening when the league had humans who were only white on it and people were pointing it out. So Arrow suggests Black Lightning because not only is he capable, but because his inclusion also diversifies the league.

Flash implies Arrow is doing it only to fill the quota, which upsets Arrow because Arrow tries to be socially aware. Also the wording MIGHT imply the flash is racist.

To see a real world example of diversity vs tokenism compare and contrast how Marvel and DC handle the introduction of new characters, especially minorities.

>THIS IS A JOKE GUYS
>SHILL
>G-GO BACK TO Sup Forums

My mistake, you're not a shill, you're a half-assed shill, in panic.

Ollie was always a dirty hippie faggot hypocrite and I say that as a leftist.

I thought this was funny. You guys are really pushing it.

No, I didn't, only the two pages posted here. And they didn't convince me he was being totes serious. Considering it's Spider-man delivering that dialogue, mostly.

That's not me, it's a consensus that you're a retard.

This reminds me of people complaining about the FMA live action movie having non-european actors in it
>"omggggg this is so shit edward and al are obviously european why are they casting japanese people for thissssssssss"
>"yellow washing hurrr ba durrrrrrrrrr"
>japanese studio based on japan

>That's not me

Sure it isn't.

I dont understand this page. What is Ollie's intention here? He clearly wanted the guy in because he's black. Why is he getting offended that people are calling him out for it?

>And they didn't convince me he was being totes serious.

Bullshit.

>This ultimately led to Ditko quitting
Ditko left because he wasn't getting the royalties for the Spider-Man cartoon.

He and Stan did feud from time to time, but those feuds were not what made him quit.

See

Here, inbred negro scaly wag.

Ditko is given too much credit. The Romita/Lee issues are all way better, with the exception of the master planner saga.

>accuses someone of being from Sup Forums
>then acts racist

Highly suspicious

Just because I'm tolerant, doesn't mean that I'm blinded by PC/SJW propganda.

You're defending the comic, so you're definitely blinded by it, Sup Forums.

This isn't a children's book, dumbass.

This ain't your grandpa's faggot ass kiddie comics.

This comic is DEEP and MATURE (like me).

I like Mockingbird's design.

The deepest and most mature comic.

Stan only edited the text because Ditko would change the fucking characters on Lee and make Peter in line with the establishment, it's easy to see when you notice how certain characters are talking like Lee had intended Peter to be the voice of reason/support.

>Slott has written ASM longer than Roger Stern

Kill me now.

Slott's going for the record. Marvel will have to drag him off screaming before he gives it up.

Except Ollie is defined by his obnoxious and hypocritical sjw behavior. He always has.

Slapping it into random dialogue to make a point is entirely different.

He stayed that way in later Lee/Romita and Conway stuff. Peter's focused on his own life, and just straight up doesn't care about whining all over campuses and streets about things.

They're gonna need a few trucks if they want to drag Slott away.