Toonami Ratings for 6/3/17

Lupin the Third Part 4 will replace Gundam Unicorn starting June 17th. Lupin will now premiere at 2am instead of the previously stated time of 1:30am.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release 2018.

Last week we had a Jack marathon that blew out the back half of the normal lineup ratings wise. This week we are back to normal, but with the retarded idea of rerunning Jack at 11pm. Shocking to literally no one with a functioning brain, leading with an hour of reruns completely killed the ratings for the whole night, giving us some fresh record lows. Naruto gained a bit from Gundam, so let's be thankfully that shit is out next week. Let's give Demarco a round of applause for the fuck up.

11:00 Samurai Jack 909 0.40 516
11:30 Dragon Ball Super (r) 839 0.38 492
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 853 0.40 517
12:30a Attack on Titan 656 0.31 402
1:00a Tokyo Ghoul 553 0.28 353

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 474 0.25 316
2:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 430 0.23 290
2:30a Naruto: Shippuden 438 0.24 309
3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 380 0.20 260

Strong Family Guy lead, so no room for excuses here

8:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) 0.49 807 0.32 408
8:30 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.39 662 0.27 348
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.42 699 0.30 391
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.48 803 0.36 456

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.68 1125 0.50 639
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.78 1222 0.55 703

And comedy reruns feel the pain from Toonami

3:00a The Cleveland Show (r) 418 0.20 257
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 437 0.22 276
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 431 0.21 265

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 466 0.22 279
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 454 0.20 260

Best

These are fucking awful holy shit

This is it boys, it was nice bitching about Toonami with all of you but the end is near.

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.68 1125 0.50 639
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.78 1222 0.55 703

11:00 Samurai Jack 909 0.40 516
11:30 Dragon Ball Super (r) 839 0.38 492
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 853 0.40 517
12:30a Attack on Titan 656 0.31 402
1:00a Tokyo Ghoul 553 0.28 353

Damn, that looks terrible.

The dead meme, like a broken clock, may be right for once.

>Those ratings for everything from like 1:00 onwards
Suddenly I'm more concerned.

BEBOP LIVE ACTION BAYBEEEE IT'S REEEEEEAL

So it's universally acknowledged that this would be the perfect balance of good shows and ratings boosters, yes?

>11 - New show rotation (My Hero Academia, Mob Psycho, etc)
>11:30 - Dragon Ball Super
>12 - Hunter X Hunter
>12:30 - Older show rotation (Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, OPM, etc)
>1 - DBZ Kai
>1:30 - Naruto
>2 - Space Dandy
>2:30 - Gundam
>3-5:30 - Rerun hours (Fullmetal, Samurai Jack, shit Toonami owns, etc)

gee, user, it's not like live-action anime adaptations aren't always fucking disgusting!

Wonder how it'll go.

Unlike most shitty live action anime adaptations, Bebop isn't really tied to Japan, so American actors can definitely work. There will obviously be comparisons to the anime, but I'm hoping that, at the very least, it could be viewed by itself as a competent series.

That said, still waiting for a live action version of GATE that cuts the LN bullshit.

Cant wait for demarco to shill it

I'm shocked you actually made the ratings worse somehow
>11 Family Guy
>11:30 Super since it doesn't appear to be a choice
>12 Kai, keep DB together plus Kai is nearing its end anyway, no sense moving it from midnight when it spent its whole life there
>12:30 NEW short show. What the fuck are you thinking putting reruns in the middle
>1 NEW short show that may be a few years old
>1:30 HxH why the fuck would this be at 12
>2 short, older/new risk title. Lupin is a good example of this, shame it's a brand new dub getting shoved at 2am though. Space Dandy is another fucking rerun
>2:30 Naruto, Gundam is cancer no one wants
>3 rotational rerun
>rest comedy reruns, AS doesn't have enough permanent reruns to sustain all those slots without airing the same things over and over

Halfway through typing this I realized you probably baited me but whatever

So how long until they drop Jack?

I want mecha show called Speedy Gundam

Weekly reminder tha- Oh god!
Those ratings...
They're just...

What the fucking hell were they thinking?

They were hoping season 5 of Jack would pull Family Guy numbers forever and ever.

Good.

Remember how AoT got really good ratings its first run, so they reran it out front expecting identical performance and it didn't work? They are doing that again and getting the same result, shocking to no one

ded

What is Cartoon Network/Adult Swim's issue with doing that? Do they just not learn?

I'll have you know that I'm actually a professional televisionologist and I have written many books on the concept of ratings and viewership. It is clear to me through my keen sense that One Piece was actually saving Toonami, rather than killing it. The only sensible solution is to air nothing but One Piece after 1am, or to rebrand Toonami as hotspot for more adult themed classics such as Hamtaro, Yo-Kai Watch, and My Little Pony.

They don't

Apparently not, which is weird since this always happens when they do this. You'd think it would sink in by now but they keep trying anyway.

>copying shit straight from leddit

Have some decency bud

>family guy
>dbz super
>teen titans go
>dbz kai
>family guy
>bebop
>family guy
>steven universe
>gundam
there, fixed toonami

I feel like they should remove Bebop and Gundam for more Family Guy.

All you did was switch out Samurai Jack for Family Guy, the rest of the Lineup is identical to what we have now and what we have now is doing awful.

>jack rerun starting toonami
seen this coming but hey its once a week
>sunday rolls around
>s5e2 jack starts at 8
>start panicing
>no this cant be
>s5e3 started at 8:30
>n-no
shit we getting rick and mortyied

Holy shit, I legit thought Fooly Cooly was longer than 6 episodes.

Are you retarded or what?

>people said we were just doomsaying about the reruns at the start of the block killing viewership
Nobody wants to tune in and sit through shit they've already watched to get to the new stuff. That goes for DBZ Kai too, really. People have a lot of nostalgia for the series but not nearly as much for the Buu saga. You could move DBZ Kai back a few spots on the block and nobody would care.

its been like 16 or so years since I last seen it.

>E3 Week finishes off with Lupin the Third part 4 premier

Looking forward to it

Wait there is another episode of Gundam left?

I know it's a meme but i think Toonami might really be finished

Looking forward to Lupin's wife, unf

Shame we'll never see her again

Why don't they air Hunter x Hunter sooner than 1:30?

Fucking Memerai Jack killed our block.

Holy shit, that's awful. I'd be willing to overlook or not say anything if at least the midnight hour was good, but damn. When was the last time DBZ hit this low?

This saturday's episode is the last one.

>Jack was supposed to save the block.
>It ends up killing it.
Oh the irony.

I think people need to accept that, thanks to the internet and easiness to access subs, anime can never get any ratings leverage on American television like they used to, unless it's a premiere like Space Dandy.

Second one meant for:

I'll give Toonami early to mid 2018 before it gets canned.

It's been established that Family Guy gets the best ratings of every show that night though. Fuck, even King of the Hill is suffering through shitty ratings.

Toonami either needs some new blood or DiMarco needs to realize he can't sustain himself on long runners and reruns forever. Fuck, I could argue the same for Cartoon Network as a whole, but that's neither here or there.

I'd extend that feeling to [AS] in general, honestly. Between the ratings Toonami's pulling in and the fact that they've been mostly subsiding on reruns, I feel CN's going to put the block out to pasture at some point.

New shows take priority

My point is you didn't change anything at all and are acting like you "fixed" the block.

That was true in 2012 too but ratings only started going down the crapper recently

I hope they use a shotgun

When it was brand new it never did well enough to justify holding onto its original slot. As new shows premiered it got pushed back. They at least realized it's more popular than Gundam so it's getting some priority there, plus they don't seem to have a lot lot of faith in Lupin III which is why they're keeping HxH where it is rather than moving it back again.

The real issue is the reruns at the start of the block pushing everything else back. If you chopped off Super and SJ reruns and moved everything else up 1 hour ratings would probably improve dramatically. Put SJ and Super at the end of the block instead.

I don't know why it would surprise anybody. Nobody in the current "young" audience gives a fat hawaiian shit about samjack. It was a nostalgia show for the old audience. Same with the new batch of FLCL they've ordered.

Literally the same thing as all the nostalgia kickstarter games Sup Forums bitches about, with the same end results.

Jack did amazing though. It's the retarded idea reruns would work is what is doing the block in

We're literally at Adult Swim Action circa 2011 levels of bad with this latest round of ratings, holy fucking shit.

Reruns WOULD work. In the back half of the block, where they've always gone. Putting them at front is stupid.

>Naruto gained a bit from Gundam
Man, it just keeps doing that.

>make promos for Attack on Titan, the only show you're bothering to promote for the block
>air it 90 minutes into the block behind 2 reruns and 1 pseudo-rerun

I want sauce on this.

Reminder to everyone that Humble Bunlde has an Adult Swim Games bundle. Get eight games for twelve bucks. I personally recommend Duck Game.

> let's pay a lot of money to produce a high quality show like Samurai Jack, but only air it once

lotta great ideas from the backseat TV execs these threads produce

>Those ratings
>12:30 and onward

Can't imagine why, but the artist is koshika rina

They aired it twice due to the holiday weekend, and nobody said only show it once, just don't put it up front and expect people to kill themselves to watch it a third goddamn time.

Thing is, after the first initial watch. not many people are gonna care about it. Plus they're showing it on Sunday Nights as well. They should at least kill the Saturday night rerun and put something new there, move toonami up or something that isn't jack.

Seriously, it should be at 11 now if anything should.

The manga adaption is just as bad and JSDF wank.

Not feeling the $12 tier, as I already have FF2 (the main hub was too confusing).

That Sekai bundle tho

Which is why you only take the concept. Make it a multicultural army representing the major powers of the world.

Technically three times due to the Wednesday repeat as well or would it be 4 since the block repeats after 2am?

Episode 1 has aired six times now
>Premiere on Saturday at 11pm
>Rerun on Wednesday at 10pm
>Repeat of the Wednesday rerun at 2:30am
>Marathon airing last week (Saturday at 11pm)
>Sunday airing the following day at 8pm
>Rerun this past Saturday at 11pm

Miss her yet?

>two gundam series and this is the best thing out of it

I don't miss Meme la Meme.

I wonder what they'd replace it with? YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW?

Not a Sup Forums regular, what show does this meme reference?

Teen titans go. It was how they advertised it.

I should have figured, is like their only show anyway

>AoT loses 200k viewers from Kai

How fucked is Demarco on this? It had to cost a fuckton, especially if Funi is cooperating with Toonami and holding episodes back for marathons

Can't be more fucked than that Hellsing debacle he was in.

>one more week of gundam
i thought it was over already?

The pain never stops

That was the absolute low for Toonami, but this is easily the second lowest point the block has been at since coming back. We have a premier simuldub show pulling under 700k. This is really, really bad.

Is it ok to masturbate to Haruko?

debating on expanding my toonami folder in preparation for FLCL s2 and s3

No. But that's what makes it so good.

Is AoT proof of how important it is to capitalize on hype?

A textbook example

Ayy wanna mango?

Unless they're Lupin.

Good luck making it until morning.

I'd like to make it till morning on that cat ass

Yea Lupin got dicked. I don't know why they even spent the money on it if they have no faith in it

>Toonami dies without having aired this

Ugh, unless they get Gainax and the original crew together that made the original FLCL then I hope those sequels never get produced.

ITT: network programmers

>In the new season of FLCL, many years have passed since Naota and Haruhara Haruko shared their adventure together.

Did they retcon the entire fucking ending of FLCL?

>Steven Universe

It would have done well too.

I cant wait for the next passive aggressive nintendo review