ITT: Tropes You Love

>two characters fight through unconventional methods, preferably through a musical duel
>the bad guy is bad because they genuinely enjoy all the awful shit they do

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OutsideTheBoxTactic
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilFeelsGood
youtu.be/Mn0KBNsyCJg?t=4m41s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>hero with amnesia was the bad guy all along

Name 5 (FIVE) examples.

>Slapstick happens to character
>The injuries stick until the end of the episode.

>the thread isn't called ITT: Tropes You Love that Happen A Lot

Unteralterbach insult duel.

>Bad guy accidentally saves the day

>the thread isn't called ITT: Misinterpretations of What Trope Means

Can't name five for the first one, but for the second one we've got
Black Manta
The Joker
Aku
If we're counting weeb shit then you've got Frieza and the Major from hellsing

>Gary vs. David (Regular Show)
>Bass Battle (Scott Pilgrim)
I could find some more, but I don't wanna spend time doing that my man

Shit it just occurred to me that you've also got Katz from courage the cowardly dog which technically counts for both tropes considering he challenged courage to a staring contest and that racket ball type game.

>Lord Dominator
>CAL v1.n (Weapon Brown)

That makes five

This guy combines 2 of my favourites

>Evil looking monster appears. He's just a normal sounding, friendly guy and is very affable

and

>The super serious bad guy has a silly main henchman who's a lot more tougher than you'd think

Robotnik is an arguable six if you consider all of the outlandishly fucked up things he does to people.

>Throughout the story villain has chances to turn back and not go full evil but he seems himself as already damned.

>character is doing something with their hands
>either of one of them is coming from offscreen from a angle that would be physically impossible for the character at the moment
>or it's coming out even when both characters arms are already on screen
>it only appears for a split second and is never explained
I know I seen this before but I can't remember where could somebody give any examples or is their a name for it

>two characters fight through unconventional methods, preferably through a musical duel

>>the hero and the badguy join together and battle against a common enemy.

KND did it , it was a good episode.

>Hero and rival villain share grudging respect, will team up when more villainous threat/cosmic foe arrives
>Anti-hero/Anti-villain becomes a guardian of a kid (not like Batman), and actually is a decent parent figure
>Normal jokey/collected character flips shit when the cards are on the table and fucks people up
>All the little people and bigger characters ever helped by the protagonist join together to aid them in return
>"Rips shirt off when getting serious"

My man. Skip was such a great character and seeing him again in later seasons was always a treat.

>bad guy intentionally saves the day because another bad guy was being more evil than him

the monarch alltogether
what a good character

Wasn't Freeza conquering because his family made money on the planet trade?

Villain gets a prophecy of his defeat. His attempts to stop it causes it. In the end ambiguous as to whether it was fate or their own personal flaws

>Character gives crucial help to the heroes from the shadows then leaves
>They never find out about his actions

What's he from?

What's the difference between an Anti-Hero and an Anti-Villain?

Think Punisher vs Dr. Doom (inb4 hero)
Anti hero is a person with good intentions that uses pretty brutal ways to get there, but doesn't go over the line
Anti villain is a guy who is not interested in good intentions in general, but isn't overtly cruel or maligned, and will aid if need be.

>villain is a universal constant and thus can never truly be defeated
pic related

>bad guy was never actually bad, just bored

Yes, but he also derived pleasure from seeing people subjugated and/or straight up murdered. It's pretty safe to say he'd probably be doing it even without monetary incentive since no one would really be able to stop him. Come to think of it, kid but is another good example of a villain that enjoys what they do. The little shit just goes around murdering planets for shits n giggles.

>I don't know what a trope is

>someone has a really deadly/fucked up/disgusting power or ability but is a genuinely kind and decent person who does their best not to hurt anyone

>rival has similar powers to the hero, but is a prick

It's so common and always so satisfying.

Didn't he got turned into a baby?

>two characters fight through unconventional methods
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OutsideTheBoxTactic
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilFeelsGood

>badder guy turns down the chance of being redeemed because they genuinely enjoy the shit they do

yes but he's not entirely gone which is the greatest part

>villain loses because he stops to be a cunt

>villain loses because an underling he carelessly treated like garbage comes back to wreck his shit

>villain loses because the villain from returns to wreck his/her shit

>Uneven playing field is actually just Asymmetrical
I was at full mast on multiple occasions

>when the hero and villain need to team up to defeat something even greater

>"I just want all the fighting to stop!"
>"I must save those that I love"
>"I shall protect the world from evil"
>"lol I just wanna kick ass"

>character is about to do something really badass
>slows down, auditory and/or rapidly showing flashbacks play that relate to how far the character came
>character does the thing

There's a reload animation from one of the Battlefield games where a third arm pops out from offscreen to hand you a magazine

>Girl that is mean to everyone, falls for a dork
>everybody knows it except the dork

i can only think of pic related andmaybe helga from hey arnold

i need more of this

>Some guy tells the hero they can't do thing
>Hero:"I'm gonna do it"
>They did it

pic related

>Protag corners villain, ready to deliver comeuppance.
>No words, no gloating, no speech, just BOOM, dead.
>Bonus points of villain tries pleading his way out, only to get cut off by the killing blow.

>long-haired tomboys
>shy/cowardly tomboys
>slapstick-prone tomboys
>girls who are equal parts tomboyish and girly
>girls with girly appearances but tomboyish personalities

ehm Shinji was like the second option since She couldnt bang that Misato Exboyfriend or whatever the fuck that dude was. not really into Evangelion and its D E E P L O R E .... I love watching people making excuses and shit up to justify the asspull ending (though many are just downright fucking sad how in denial they are)

I unironically enjoyed Megamind.

>she couldnt bang that Misato Exboyfriend
Someone takes too much at surface value

also fix your grammar, christ almighty

Megamind was a pretty good movie honestly

She literally says 'I'm an adult and I want to fuck you'

I dont know if this is a trope but
>the hero's arch villain has the same or exact opposite power

>villain shows a bit of kindness for once
>it comes back to bite them in the ass so hard their entire plan crashes and burns

Vector
Yuri
Marik
Joker
Rabbit girl from Uramikoi Koi Uramikoi

Meanwhile all the pretentious fucks on the internet want to act like Villains need to be sad and guilt driven all the times.

This

A sympathetic villain is good, but sometimes, you just need someone who is unquestionably an unequivocal, self-aware dickhead.

That was the technicality, but in all seriousness, h just loved being a genocidal megalomaniac

Why not both?

Like some sort of villain that used to be a good guy, went insane and then started murdering people because he started having fun with it?

Sounds like Killing Joke.

Are there any other examples?

>"Now all we gotta do is press the right buh-"

>>Normal jokey/collected character flips shit when the cards are on the table and fucks people up

Hell fucking yeah

>the opening song plays in the final fight
I don't think there's been a western cartoon that's done this though

The closest (but best) example of this being done in the West is Wonderful 101, which is basically just a playable cartoon.

>incredibly loyal minion
>puts his life on the line for their master no matter what
>still has a sense of honor
>respects their opponents
>feels reluctant about hurting innocents unless their master explicitly tells them to

>Final battle
>Heroes have that moment where they start yelling at each other or going "FUCK YEAH"

I love the scene in the Incredibles when Bob is holding onto the rocket claw.
>WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
>NOT YET, WE ONLY GOT ONE SHOT!

>in the West
>Wonderful 101

Fuck, Platinum Games is a Japanese company. I'm gonna go eat shit now

not to meme out but this is why I loved Wamuu in Battle Tendency

Gravity Falls?

wow dude you're so cool

>irredeemably evil villain with a long history with the main character comes back and has to help him

Of the first one? Every battle of the bands ever and every children's games are SRS BIZ anime ever.

Of the second? Basically any adventure show for kids, but to be specific every villain in Captain Planet.

its interesting that they are considered to have a long history since they have spent a total of probably less than 30 minutes together

the entire buu saga happened over the course of like one afternoon, think about that

I hope he doesn't turn into a good guy, but I don't trust Super.

I doubt it, Frieza is still an absolute asshole. Even Goku with all of his naivety realizes this. Which was why he was uncharacteristically serious when he came to hell to negotiate with Frieza.

>Fight with weapons/powers/robots whatever devolves into the two just punching each other in the face.

I suspect he and frost will betray everyone

Current unconfirmed leaks say he betrays Universe 7 to join U4 (the rat god).

We do know for a fact he interacts with Frost, his voice actor said so.

Weebshit, but I guess Kirei Kotomine from Fate? He wasn't like a hero or anything, but he was a priest, and eventually he decided to be a villain because it was the only thing he enjoyed doing.

>villain finally wins with the help of one of the heroes (who betrayed his comrades)
>despite not needing him for anything else, she gives him everything he asked for, and even listen to his lame "I have no friend now boohoo" bullshit
>loses because he regrets his actions and ends up betraying her

If she was more evil, she would have won

The only right answer

Bulma is a character user, not a trope.

Char's Counterattack did this pretty good.
youtu.be/Mn0KBNsyCJg?t=4m41s

The iconic one for me is MGS4.

I still cannot believe how you cannot remember being one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy. You literally made the Force your bitch.

>The comedy relief character actually has a tragic backstory and uses humor as a coping mechanism.

bonus points if the comic relief is also secretly super strong.

>The random idiot that wanders around dicking around doing nothing productive except once in a while is actually hiding his intellect.
Bonus points if he is actually a villain in disguise that no one would suspect

Angel. His name is Skip

It's anime, but have you seen Irresponsible Captain Taylor? It basically runs on that trope.

>the villain has little nuances that make them feel like a real person instead of just a plot to be overcome.

stuff like a favorite food, a hobby, or any desire outside of accomplishing their evil plan.

>the villain has a typical lair, typical minions and typical way of doing things
>acts like a total kid
>his right hand takes up the job while still making sure the villain is doing his shit