Is steven universe just a ploy for some sjw to tell people being lgbt is alright?

I heard from someone that they made an episode where someone switches gender and one of the gems is lesbian. Is that all that show is? I dont have cable so I cant watch it easily.

Other urls found in this thread:

newnownext.com/rebecca-sugar-steven-universe-the-answer/09/2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Sup Forums is now becoming the soccer moms that complained that spongebob was gay and pokemon taught evolution

It's sad to see what this place has become.

I don't care if they tell people being lgbt is okay. Im asking if thats all this show is. Does it have any actual entertaining content without pandering to people?

who would have thought that's what would happen when baby boomers see this place as some sort of conservative haven of pepe memes and redpills

>sjw
opinion discarded

>I dont have cable so I cant watch it easily.

What the fuck? Are you a 60 year old that doesn't know how the internet works?

Sure buddy

I mean, it might have those elements, but in most episodes they aren't as prominent. There's some action and comedy and drama thrown in there, even though we could argue about the quality of these aspects until the end of time.

I personally have sort of lost interest, but after some recent episodes, I'm thinking of getting back into it and seeing how it goes. Not the best animated show of all-time, but it's good at best and average at worst, and I do see some potential for greatness.

Hope that helps.

Pretty much.

see

Yes, it also teaches us that abortion is okay, that the vaccines are needed and that we should worship satan.

Yea, thats a perfectly fine assessment. I saw like one episode and didn't think much of it. I saw a lot of threads and talk about this show I thought it was some great magnanimous thing I should watch. Thanks

Yes, it's really obvious too, but I still enjoy the show.
>these replies
Holy fuck, Sup Forumsmblr is real

You ever doubted it?

OH FUCK. NOT THE GAYS.

Pathetic

t. newfags from Sup Forums

>Sup Forums
I would never take part of your pathetic fights over obsolete idologies.
Both SJWs and Sup Forums are scum that need to be put down.

>t. Newfag from tumblr

I've been posting since before political correctness became the latest fashion statement
Please kill yourself

who cares about that? I just want to see some fun fights with all the possibilities this show created. but wont fucking do. i wish this wasn't aimed at children cause it's all pussified

>not thinking a cartoon is a sjw conspiracy to turn the frogs gay is "political correctness"

Conspiracy?
No, it's just SJW garbage.

>conspiracy
It's blatantly obvious retard

>cartoon tells kids to be themselves and not hate people who are different

oh shit this is some never before seen degeneracy

right, and spongebob is gay propaganda to turn children gay also pokemon is satanic

No, those are just terrible shows.

> MUH SJW BRAINWASHING

I don't think this show is for you user

>Creator literally says it
>Storyboarders all talk about social justice constantly
>Show has shoehorned in messages about acceptance and love
How many layers of denial are you on user?

you're going to have to show me the interview where rebecca sugar says that steven universe is designed to brainwash children into being homosexual

The show isn't for anyone, it's poorly written garbage that is only popular with the social justice losers and waifufags that have stormed this board to talk about it.

Stop posting

>shoehorned in messages about acceptance and love

OH GOD THE SJW ARE BRAINWASHING KIDS INTO NOT BEING ASSHOLES

newnownext.com/rebecca-sugar-steven-universe-the-answer/09/2016/

Please return to whatever tumblr blog you came from.

Didn't Reddit give you faggots a sub to talk about this shitty cartoon?

>the teachings of Christ to love thy neighbor and thy enemy and to not pass judgement
>shoehorned

i think you're reading "putting gay people in cartoons" as "brainwashing children to become gay"

>forcing religious crap into cartoons
Other forms of shoehorning.

>Implying I'm Christian
Yes, teaching kids that something that isn't normal is normal to convince more of them to decide to act that way is 'brainwashing;
It is an objective and blatant attempt to make that behavior mainstream.

>stop disagreeing with me, Sup Forums told me that Sup Forums is supposed to be my safe space!

People have grown into oversensitive manchildren for not having a bully when they were small.
Now you have people who go border suicidal if you call them faggots.

Let us hope we get another big war soon.

Why do you hate gay people, user? Just wondering.

>teachings of christ
Almost as valuable and cheesy as the teachings of Little Red Riding Hood, only applicable if you live in Wonderland.

I want you to look through my original post and try to find the part where I said it was bad that they are spreading this message. Try really fucking hard.

>Hate
Recognizing behaviors as negative and abnormal is not hate.

Wouldn't have a problem if they behaved like normal people.
Which is hilarious, that they behave like this, but then ask to be treated as equals.

Learn to accept you are wrong with grace

OP here. Jesus Christ people. I was just asking if this show was anything more than people trying to talk about gender acceptance and sexual orientation. Keep fighting though. I like it.

What's the matter user? Do gay people hurt your feelings?

Imagine saying this then creating Fluorite.

No, only my stomach.

No, but the spread of AIDs, and increased chance of child abuse does.

So you support censorship?

I support the mockery, the attack, the destruction and censorship of any forms of idealism, yes.
About gays, if they start behaving like normal people, like a lot of them thankfully do, I'll stop caring about them.

>people on here actually support censorship

it's a shame how far this website has fallen.

Political censorship since everyone fighting over ideologies nowadays is a fucking retard who has nothing of value to say about anything, and they won't do anything of value either because they think posting on the internet how offensive they think some things are is "fighting the good fight".
Might as well stop being a buzz in everyone else's ear.
Nobody cares about whether someone supports Trump or Hillary, nobody cares about refugees, nobody cares about anybody's opinion on gays.
Just shut the fuck up for once.

I get it user, you're a huge faggot that is part of the reason why this website has gone down the shitter, you dont need to elaborate.

No, its just fanfiction writers self inserting as gay versions of the characters

False, there is neither comedy nor action in this show

>Every show has to be racist or shilling made up sexualities

When will Sup Forums, Tumblr,and Reddit leave?

No, just tired and want to see all idealists die of their inminent diabetes.

As long as this site is popular and there is no stigma around it never
We need another murdered to scare those people away

What exactly was the point for this thread?

Fine, whatever, i'll answer your question: No, it wasn't a ploy for some sjw to tell people being lgbt is alright, its a bunch of ideas that in paper sound "Good" but fail in execution some of the time, not all the time, but still a good chuck of it falls flat on its face.

If you wanted to know that then you should just go to their general, the answer is right there, no one here watch SU for its "Representation" or whatever, they watch it becouse they have the hots for whatever lesbian is on screen and ship everyone with everyone else, its pathetic but not "SJW" pathetic.

I noticed it when people were having a pro trans discussion. Not even traps but full transhit

>everyone who disagrees with me is tumblr

>tumblrposting

>No, it wasn't a ploy for some sjw to tell people being lgbt is alright
How do you know this?

Did I say that dipshit? Who are you quoting.

Actually that tends to be the case almost every time with little to no variation

>i wish this wasn't aimed at children cause it's all pussified

It's not pussifided because it's for children, it's pussified because it's made by pussies.

>one tumblr bitch insists anyone not interested in super unique gender fluid characters=a newfag for blatant censorship

People had enough of this bullshit in 2012 but you're still in highschool/our fine community colleges so I guess you'll keep spinning your ideologic wheels from your shitty iphone.

>I just want to see some fights
You must hate the show

>they made an episode where someone switches gender

This is common as fuck in cartoons. I didn't realize it was SJW now.

The New Crystal Gems was pretty funny, but generally I'd agree

Not supporting something or being against something =/= censorship

Recognizing a show has a heavy handed homosexual narrative to push isn't fucking hard when the writers themselves do it

but "oh muh gud this guy doesn't agree with social justice he must be Sup Forums hurr durr go away Sup Forums, Sup Forums is for us homosexuals, not people who just want to enjoy good cartoons/comics without having someone's agenda's shoved in their face"

It's SJW when it has a political message behind it

>when a cartoon I don't like does it it's a political message

What are you even talking about? If the creator talks about tearing down gender in cartoons, then yes it's supposed to have a message. It has nothing to do with how I like the show you dumb fuck.

>The New Crystal Gems was pretty funny
It was probably the least funny thing I have seen on TV, none of the characters have any chemistry it was worse than new Simpsons

As much as I personally hate the show, I'm going to play devil's advocate and say it wasn't really meant to be an action show.The fact that all the characters are overpowered and often have powers that come out of nowhere to service the plot under the thin veil of 'it depends on the character's emotions' really emphasizes what the show it about; emotions and a hug box.

It rarely if ever has an edge to it even compared to less serious shows.

There is nothing wrong with lesbian aliens.

Some lizards do it, all are female, and they feing sex to trigger a pregnancy by parthogenesis, all the daughters are exact copy of their mothers.

the point of this thread was but used sjw which made people think Im against sjw so they started getting mad.

Guess what, retard? Several old cartoons had a gender switch episode with a moral about sexism. I guess they're all SJW.

>It's bad on purpose
There is no action in South Park but there is comedy
There is no comedy in death note but there is suspense
What the fuck does Steven universe have? If it doesn't have action that's alright but it doesn't have comedy or suspense or a serious plot or anything else at all

By definition, yes.

The only character that is pushing SJWs bullshit its mystery girl, that was basically created because tumblerinas didn't shut the fuck up when sugar showed that pearl was going to get a boyfriend.

>Several old cartoons had a gender switch episode
one episode
>with a moral about sexism
witha vague throw away moral
what are the other 106 steven universe episodes about?

why is there such an argument over this

its just because sugar is obviously a huge fag hag like duh

but anyway OP it's just very sentimental and touchy feel feel about everything. Death of a parent, dealing with anxiety, making poor choices, ect. The only reason the "SJW" shit stands out is, well, simply that. It's SJW shit.

also what gender switch ep are yall talking about legit don't remember

Steven Universe doesn't exist to make those ideas more acceptable.

It's because those ideas are acceptable now that Steven Universe exists.

You realize gay people existed long before it was depicted positively in media, right? Having gays in cartoons isn't going to make kids do shit. If they do they then were already gay and they were going to do their little gay shit anyway.

Becouse the lesbian planet are shown to be a bunch of psychopaths, the rebel lesbians are shown to be slightly better, but still really fucking crazy and somewhat detached to anything that's not gem related, and the most likable character is the father that only flaw so far is that he's a doormat, but tries his best. I guess it all comes down to intention, one could argue that they did all that to show them as flawed characters and so making them more real, show that lgbt people are just flawed like everyone else, what i think is that its more of a publicity angle, kind of like marvel as of late, attract the tumbr audience while also the people that jackoff to lesbians.

But no, i don't have proof of any of this, its a gut feeling more than anything.

>We're still on this "born gay" meme

There are several ways to reach Rome.

Even if some gayness is normal, there are type of gayness obtained by psychological traumas and, imitation.

I just wanted to know if the show had any actual substance and entertainment value besides making shows about gender and sexual orientation acceptance. Is the entire show a political statement or a normal show that just happens to have some of those themes. Thats all I wanted to know. I got my answer a while ago but I like to see people argue so I decided not to lock the thread. Thats all.

please tell me thats an actual quote from the show. Thats some kek worthy shit

>I don't like it so it's not true!

They may be gay, but you're a faggot.

Not him but I'd really like some evidence

>Steven jewverse doesn't have blatant themes involving LGBT
Is it this hard for you to make a cohesive argument without being a disingenuous tard

I say we give the alt-right their white homeland.

and then nuke it

This

Pol and Sup Forumsmblr need to leave